Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• edolphs71
    edolphs71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Last Sat. (Jan 1st) I was 232

Today (Jan 8th), I am 228

4 lbs lost since I have restarted the program.
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Weight on Jan 1 2011 was 210
    Weight on Jan 8 2011 is 208
    I rewarded myself by getting a manicure :) for the first time ever!
  • lorijohnson1999
    Options
    Checking in Saturday weigh in.

1/8/11 266.5 lbs
  • Mom2TALK
    Options
    I'm so excited!!! I just did my weigh-in, and I'm at 230.6, which is down 4.4 pounds from my initial weigh-in on 1/1/11!

I'm also tracking my measurements, and I've lost 8 inches overall!
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group? I would love to join it! I think I can lose 50lbs by July 1st! I've got an excellent start. I started back on my plan on January 1 and I've lost 13lbs this week. I'll add on all the info you requested in my signature as soon as I figure it out! Thanks!
  • XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    Never done one of these but I'd like to join in if thats okay?

Screen Name: XLMKX
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 216lb :(
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 52lb (this is in my goals)
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: Part of my weight loss/getting healthy journey :)
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Carry on what I doing :) Work hard.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds this week! Finally back at my ticker weight of 360.:smile: I refused to change it. Now on to the 350's.

Happy weigh in everyone and congrats to everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: 1southernchick
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 252.6
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 199
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: So I can be one hot mamma!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I'm doing the 6 week body makeover plan. I've done it before and lost 80lbs doing it. I was a success story for their plan. I'm also post-op acl surgery by 5 months so at present I can only walk a mile. I can also do the exercise bike for about 30 minutes and of course free weights. Looking forward to doing my Just Dance on my wii. Ha! It's a lot of fun.

Here's to looking HOT this summer!
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    I have come up with an idea. The 1st week of weight loss is a cake walk. The 2nd week most people have a tougher time. What if we go ahead and start preparing for that second week, next saturdays weigh in? My challenge, which you can choose to accept if you want, if you do not want to do it you dont have to or if for medical reasons you can't do it, I understand no matter what. But I will put myself on a challenge from Saturday 1/8/11 to Friday 1/14/11 to burn 3,500 calories total for the week! By burning 3,500 calories and staying within your calorie limit, drinking your recommended daily water, you are almost guaranteeing yourself to lose a pound of fat next week. Any burn counts. If you go to the store and you are walking and shopping for an hour look up how much that is on MFP and write down on a peice of paper to keep track. Even though you can burn calories by sleeping, that doesnt count. You have to physically be moving your body for your calories burn to count. You can do 500 calories burned, 7 days this week. Or you can do 700 calories for 5 days and skip two days. The choice is completely yours. You can even do the 700 calories broken up to 350 a.m workout and 350 pm workout. So whos in on the challenge?

I'm in!! I love challenges, it pushes me to do more than I normally would!
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hoping this isn't a mistake :love:
    But, current weight is 222- down 4 lbs since last saturday!!!
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    HW: 256 (summer 2010)
    SW: 240 (Jan. 1, 2011)
    SW (w/MFP): 238 (Jan. 4, 2011)
    CW: ****** 235 ******* (Jan. 8, 2011)
    GW: 185 by July 1

Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: Although people tell me I don't look like I weigh this much, I FEEL like I weigh this much! I starting gaining weight slowly in college, then had kids and the weight kept creeping up, and I never really did anything to combat it.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: WATER; tracking calories, fat, protein and carbs; working out at LEAST once a week and EDUCATING MYSELF ON NUTRITION AND FITNESS so I can make this a LIFESTYLE change!
  • worldtravelista
    worldtravelista Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    01/08 - down 6lbs :happy:
  • feliciabourgeois
    Options
    08 Jan 2011 - 184.4lbs
  • shells22
    shells22 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    :noway: 222 - lost 8 pounds!! :love:

SW: 230

GW: 180

CW: 222

Shells22 :flowerforyou: We CAN DO this!
  • Kayla2284
    Kayla2284 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    188!
    Love it!
  • KLJ456
    KLJ456 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    196.2 - down 1.3 lbs.

I am trying to be happy with that. I have eaten on point and exercised all week so I was hoping I would lose more. I am hoping that since this was my 1st week working out in over 2 months this slowed my weight loss but will payoff in the coming weeks. I was really hoping to have at least an average 2 lbs weight loss every week.
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    My SW for the challenge was: 201
    My CW as of today 1/8/11 is: 197

Total lost during this week: 4 lbs
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    SW for the Challenge: 172 pounds
    CW : 170.8 pounds (1.2 pound weight loss)

This week was a very good week for me. I got in my first week of P90X. My diet and excersise was really off on tuesday but i really came back strong in the end and still had success. Congratulations to all the weightloss this week
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Challenge start weight: 257.5
    Today's weight: 255.25 (2.25lb loss)
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Lost 5.5lbs this week, only 44.5 to go!!