Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• mimi_i
    mimi_i Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hey,

i'ld to lose the 50lbs with you all.
    motivation: last year i lost 22 lbs but almost gained it all back because of a knee injuries so ild like to lose it back and if possible even more.
    i never did a group challenge,but who knows this might be just the thing i needed

sw:198lbs( 8th jan)
    gw:160lbs

im also in for the 3,500 calorie burning for this week.
  • mimi_i
    mimi_i Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hey,

i'ld to lose the 50lbs with you all.
    motivation: last year i lost 22 lbs but almost gained it all back because of a knee injuries so ild like to lose it back and if possible even more.
    i never did a group challenge,but who knows this might be just the thing i needed

sw:198lbs( 8th jan)
    gw:160lbs

im also in for the 3,500 calorie burning for this week.

1168432.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • carlamorris
    carlamorris Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Let's have a last chance workout tonight. Challenge yourself to burn 500 calories by midnight. You can do it all at once. Or break it up and do 250 calorie one hour, take a break come back and do the rest. However you want to do it. Let me know if you finished your challenge. Then reward yourself with something nice, but not with food. To lose 50 lbs by July 1st thats an average of 2 lbs a week until July 1st. Ask yourself do you think your on track for that? Everyone whatever you set your mind to that's what you will recieve. Im hitting the gym right after work. Ill be back to post tonight that I finished my 500 calories burned. Hope you all do too. :)

yesterday i was able to spend two hours in the gym burning 1164 calories . I am down 2.6lb this week . YaY!

Screen Name: carlamorris
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 222.0
    8th Jan 2011: 219.4
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 170
  • EmmaR84
    EmmaR84 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've just weighed in and I'm now 181lbs, that's a loss of 7lbs since 4th January :D
  • SimonsGirl
    Options
    Screen Name: SimonsGirl
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 193 lbs
    Weight at 8th Jan 2011 : 189.4
    Goal by July 1st, 2011: 140lbs:happy:
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    This morning I woke up like it was Christmas, I was so excited to weigh in! I got on the scale and it said 215 !!!! This is the lowest I have been since I was in my 1st trimaster of pregnancy in spring 2008. I have 5 lbs left of pregnancy weight then Im on my way to my ultimate goal. This week for eating I ate Lean cuisines often. Last month I did the "Flat Belly Diet" and dropped 11 pounds that month. Im thinking that I might be going back on that this week. But with the 3,500 challenge I know we will drop some heavy weight next week. Can you imagine if we lose our 50 pounds by June 1st? How great would it feel to tell people you got to the finish line a month early?? Have awesome week this week.

Drinking extra water can relieve water bloat. Also I recommend doing the 4 day "Flat Belly Diet" jumpstart, that will help get rid of belly bloat and extra water weight. Also thank you carla for posting your 1100 burn. That motivates us that we all can do this. I love hearing stories of what people did to succeed. This week that's why I stressed promoting positivety. Reward yourself with something this week everyone. Just not with food. The reason I say that is because we all are trying to change our mindset. Food is suppose to keep us alive not be a treat or reward. Because most of us we used food as rewards for things in our lives and that is what has caused us to be here today. By changing the mindset that food is just for our energy and health, you will see the weight come off of you so fast you wont have time to blink!

Weigh in everyone, the chart will be posted on MONDAY :)
  • baileyj33
    Options
    Just did my Saturday weigh in and I'm at 288.5 lbs, 3lbs lost since January 1st!!!
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    If we lost 2 lbs everyweek by July 1st we would be at the 50 lbs lost. So anything you lose over 2 lbs every week, is just that little reminder that you will reach your goal faster than July 1st. I would love to be at 60 lbs lost before our deadline.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Weighing in. 185.6! Total of 2.4 lbs lost this week. ALSO, that makes me OVERWEIGHT and NOT OBESE!!
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    OK it's Saturday! My weight today is 242.5 down 2.5 lbs...woohoo!
  • dom300186
    dom300186 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    not bad for first week onwards and upwards.

208 lbs sw 1/jan
    206 lbs 8/jan
  • kyleefreeman
    kyleefreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1/1/11-217 lbs

1/8/11-211.8 lbs!! :happy:

253659.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ok great job everyone so far! My results:

1/1. 205
    1/8. 201.9

Good luck next week let's rock this :)
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Weighing in. 185.6! Total of 2.4 lbs lost this week. ALSO, that makes me OVERWEIGHT and NOT OBESE!!

That is awesome. Keep up the great work.
  • marci_r2010
    marci_r2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: marci_r2010
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 303
    Weigh in on 1/8/11: 301 (-2!!!!)
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 253
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I have been extremely overweight for too long. It affects everything.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: No binge eating, calories in/calories out, tracking food and water intake, exercise 4-5x week.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    SW: 246 (Jan 1)
    CW: 236 (Jan 8)

Oh HECK YEAH!!!!! 10 lbs down in a week!!! 1/5 of the way there already!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ok Hope I'm not too late to join as I've just seen this!

Screen Name: BigGail
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 198.8
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 154
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To be withing a healthy weight range and feel on top form!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Stick with MFP (of course) I've just started C25K, and I'm either at the gym or doing a dvd every day.

Weight at 8/1/2011: 197.2
  • shanellereena
    Options
    Jan.1st: 210
    Jan.8th: 208

2 pounds down! Next week is going to be even better!
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    1/1/11- 344.8
    1/7/11- 343 Lost 1.8 pounds! Good job everybody!
  • Steffi330
    Steffi330 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm a little sad today but I'm not giving up. I believe my body was in startvation mode so I am trying to turn it around. I understand with that you could have some weight gain. I stayed under my calories goal all week and I exercised everyday. I started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred on Thursday and I know I am working hard bc it hurts to sit down or stand up. I am going to keep on keeping on and I pray that my body recognizes the change soon and I see dramatic results all of a sudden.

weight on 1/1 243
    weight on 1/8 245

I gained 2 lbs this week but I'm not going to be discouraged. I can do this!