Has anyone ever been dumped because of their weight?

Options

Replies

• tayleigh4
    tayleigh4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you were already heavy when you started the relationship and then 7 months later he dumps you for it, I'd say he was just looking for an excuse to end it. Your weight probably had little or nothing to do with the dumping, unless you gained all the weight in that 7 month period. A fast, extreme weight gain with no end in sight could have scared him off. Either way, you're better off without him. He wasn't right for you. :flowerforyou:

You may be right, that probably was an excuse. I was mainly the same weight through our whole relationship. I am better off without him, but he'll miss me one day when I get to my goal weight :)
  • tayleigh4
    Options
    Yep. I was too fat to ride his motorcycle with him. So he found someone who wasn't... and was waayyy younger... then pregnant. Needless to say, good riddance. But my weight loss is for me, as yours should be. I know there are good ones out there, you just have to find the right good one. Good luck dear!! :happy:

Wow.. That's so mean. Keep it up and never give up on your goals :) this journey is definitely for me! There are some great ones out there :) good luck to you too! Xo.
  • tayleigh4
    Options
    I was with someone for 12 years before he cheated on me... he said it had nothing to do with my weight, but I will always believe it did. He made one too many comments over the years for me not to know it was an issue with him. Maybe I would have believed him if the person he cheated with wasn't much, much thinner/prettier than me.

That is so sad, 12 years together and he cheated on you. NO ONE deserves that. You deserve so much better and I hope you have/find a wonderful man who will love you for you and who would never think twice about another woman.
  • CaitySins
    CaitySins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I haven't been in a lot of relationships either. My boyfriend supports my weight lost, reminds me to weigh in/check my calories and supports my working out while telling me he still loves me no matter what my shape or size.

But still, forget that guy. If he's going to use crap like that to end a relationship, he's not worth the time and doesn't deserve you. Congratulations on your weight loss (:
  • Marbella29660
    Marbella29660 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies but I'll say this. At least he was honest, told you what he thought and moved on. So you can now do the same. There will be many ways to look at this, but for me he told you straight and there's some value in that. Just do what makes you happy! Oh and no, that's never happened to me (so what do I know eh).
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I have mix feelings about this.

I'm sure you do.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely gorgeous! He is a blind troll, it's as simple as that.

My fiancee has seen me gain more weight than I care to admit in the time we've been together. She still loves me for me and for my heart. I AM trying to lose weight but that's solely for me and my health goals (to NOT need the medications my parents have been on pretty much my whole life).

Good luck sweetheart! :flowerforyou:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    My fiance many years ago, cheated on me with a married woman we had both just met at a car show. He never told me to my face but I'd read some of his messages to her, fat shaming me and discussing the details of their affairs.... =/

He wanted to stay with me because the affair with the married woman was "just a fling", and I was the only one working and paying rent, bills, his cellphone bill etc... I was basically his meal ticket. He had no love left for me. He just needed my resources. D*mn straight I broke up with him. It was so hard to do too, after years of thinking you know a person...introducing them to your family and friends, your church etc...

To make it worse the woman he cheated on me with had the audacity to send me nasty text messages about how she "would've told me what they were doing to my face but was afraid i'd eat her (oink oink)" !! All kinds of nasty messages..

So what did I do? I found her husband (who was out of town on a business trip while she's driving around his mustang and cheating on him) on facebook, sent him a detailed message about what happened. I sent him logs and screen caps of their conversations too.

Few days later the woman blows up my phone with texts again. Death threats for messaging her husband, saying she's going to "throw my fat *** in a wood chipper" and she knows where I work etc..

She actually did end up coming to my job. Thankfully it was after we were closed and I was walking through the parking lot to my car. I guess it could've turned out a lot worse than it did. She could've had a gun or knife, could've brought a gang of people to beat me up etc. But it was just her, she attacked me. I dropped her like a sack of potatoes, twisted her arm behind her back at sat on it until the police got there. So in the end she was left with a divorce and a criminal record.

jajajajajaja this is the best story. I did something similar although not quite as lively as your story when my fiance's ex would not leave him alone despite her recent engagement. I found out where he worked, found his email, and sent him everything she had sent.

She never bothered us again.
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Many times. But no poor soul has had the cajunas to actually say that to me. I'm a big girl. I always have been. In my experience, most guys think they deserve a gorgeous, petite bombshell with big tatas. No matter if they're old and balding, gut hanging over their belts or living in their parents' basement. I keep hoping the men I meet will have matured with age a bit and be a little more realistic about claiming the "arm candy" they deserve. But, sadly no. Don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan of the dudes. I love men! I just think a lot of them just have unrealistic expectations. Your ex sounds like a horse's *kitten* and I'm glad you are done with him. Just don't let your guard down. Dating is a ***** and only gets worse with age. People are too eager to push their own baggage aside and "blame" it on someone else. Make sure you are happy with you before you go looking :)
  • tayleigh4
    Options
    I haven't, but I haven't been in a lot of relationships either. My boyfriend supports my weight lost, reminds me to weigh in/check my calories and supports my working out while telling me he still loves me no matter what my shape or size.

But still, forget that guy. If he's going to use crap like that to end a relationship, he's not worth the time and doesn't deserve you. Congratulations on your weight loss (:

Thank you, I'm so happy you have a bf who supports you! Keep it up :)
  • tayleigh4
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies but I'll say this. At least he was honest, told you what he thought and moved on. So you can now do the same. There will be many ways to look at this, but for me he told you straight and there's some value in that. Just do what makes you happy! Oh and no, that's never happened to me (so what do I know eh).

I am moving on, I'm not dwelling on the past. He gave me a wake-up call and our breakup was a blessing in disguise. I will do what makes me happy, thank you! :)
  • tayleigh4
    Options
    You are absolutely gorgeous! He is a blind troll, it's as simple as that.

My fiancee has seen me gain more weight than I care to admit in the time we've been together. She still loves me for me and for my heart. I AM trying to lose weight but that's solely for me and my health goals (to NOT need the medications my parents have been on pretty much my whole life).

Good luck sweetheart! :flowerforyou:

Thank you hun. That's amazing, he definitely loves you for exactly who you are! And you're beautiful. Keep trying and never give up, we can do this and achieve our goals!! :)) thank you and good luck to you!! :)
  • tayleigh4
    Options
    Many times. But no poor soul has had the cajunas to actually say that to me. I'm a big girl. I always have been. In my experience, most guys think they deserve a gorgeous, petite bombshell with big tatas. No matter if they're old and balding, gut hanging over their belts or living in their parents' basement. I keep hoping the men I meet will have matured with age a bit and be a little more realistic about claiming the "arm candy" they deserve. But, sadly no. Don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan of the dudes. I love men! I just think a lot of them just have unrealistic expectations. Your ex sounds like a horse's *kitten* and I'm glad you are done with him. Just don't let your guard down. Dating is a ***** and only gets worse with age. People are too eager to push their own baggage aside and "blame" it on someone else. Make sure you are happy with you before you go looking :)

I totally agree. A LOT of men have such unrealistic expectations. I love men too but you're so right, they are too shallow sometimes. I will stay positive and become a better me :) thank you beautiful! :)
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i don't think he was honest. if her weight was a problem, why would he have hooked up with her in the first place?

sounds like he was just ready to move on, and found a way to blame someone else.
    He's a heel and a douche but he was honest and OMG that SUCKS but at least he didn't lie to you about why.
  • njax99
    njax99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am currently working through something similar, my husband of 22 years has just told me he isn't attracted to me because of my weight. He still loves me and doesn't want us to separate but will not touch me again until I have lost it. I have lost 12 kg in 5 weeks and have about another 25 to go.
    There has been lots and lots of tears, and he hates himself for saying it, but it's the living with someone who shows no affection which is pretty heartbreaking. He says tough love is the only way to go, because he's terrified that I will stop trying if I don't think he's serious.
    So yes, I am losing weight for me, but equally losing weight to keep my family together is just as important. Unfortunately my self esteem is shot!
  • libby2208
    libby2208 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago, my boyfriend of 7 months broke up with me because I am 'too fat for him.' He is 170 pounds and 6'3. I WAS 192.2 pounds and 5'3. Right now I'm 174.4 pounds. He said that for the past few months he lost all attraction towards me, he said I was too fat and I need to lose weight. Has anyone else ever been broken up with because their partner wasn't attracted to them/because of their weight? It is a horrible feeling, but he opened my eyes on my health.

Don't look back honey. You don't need that kind of person in your life, to drag you down and stomp on your self belief.

Look ahead, better times are on their way, and better people too. Just stay focused on your health and wellness, the rest will flow from there. :)
  • cdoesthehula
    cdoesthehula Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am currently working through something similar, my husband of 22 years has just told me he isn't attracted to me because of my weight. He still loves me and doesn't want us to separate but will not touch me again until I have lost it. I have lost 12 kg in 5 weeks and have about another 25 to go.
    There has been lots and lots of tears, and he hates himself for saying it, but it's the living with someone who shows no affection which is pretty heartbreaking. He says tough love is the only way to go, because he's terrified that I will stop trying if I don't think he's serious.
    So yes, I am losing weight for me, but equally losing weight to keep my family together is just as important. Unfortunately my self esteem is shot!

He sounds like a controlling bully.

Don't lose weight to become the person he wants you to be.

Lose weight if you want to. There is nothing else that works, ultimately.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    My fiance many years ago, cheated on me with a married woman we had both just met at a car show. He never told me to my face but I'd read some of his messages to her, fat shaming me and discussing the details of their affairs.... =/

He wanted to stay with me because the affair with the married woman was "just a fling", and I was the only one working and paying rent, bills, his cellphone bill etc... I was basically his meal ticket. He had no love left for me. He just needed my resources. D*mn straight I broke up with him. It was so hard to do too, after years of thinking you know a person...introducing them to your family and friends, your church etc...

To make it worse the woman he cheated on me with had the audacity to send me nasty text messages about how she "would've told me what they were doing to my face but was afraid i'd eat her (oink oink)" !! All kinds of nasty messages..

So what did I do? I found her husband (who was out of town on a business trip while she's driving around his mustang and cheating on him) on facebook, sent him a detailed message about what happened. I sent him logs and screen caps of their conversations too.

Few days later the woman blows up my phone with texts again. Death threats for messaging her husband, saying she's going to "throw my fat *** in a wood chipper" and she knows where I work etc..

She actually did end up coming to my job. Thankfully it was after we were closed and I was walking through the parking lot to my car. I guess it could've turned out a lot worse than it did. She could've had a gun or knife, could've brought a gang of people to beat me up etc. But it was just her, she attacked me. I dropped her like a sack of potatoes, twisted her arm behind her back at sat on it until the police got there. So in the end she was left with a divorce and a criminal record.

Wow....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That made me laugh.....
    What did she expect???
    I mean you don't go poking a hornets nest
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Why does a person have to be shallow and immature because they want to be physically attracted to a person they may spend the rest of their life with? I work hard everyday in the gym so I can be what turns my wife on physically. When she sees a good looking guy on TV or in a magazine with his shirt off, I want her to think of me and know she already has that.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Why does a person have to be shallow and immature because they want to be physically attracted to a person they may spend the rest of their life with? I work hard everyday in the gym so I can be what turns my wife on physically. When she sees a good looking guy on TV or in a magazine with his shirt off, I want her to think of me and know she already has that.

Nice post.