EA Sports Active 2 - 9 week Challenge

Options

Replies

• EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too. What trainer are you working with? What is the female trainer like? I would sort of like to try her out, but the game always sends me to the male trainer.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I use the guy trainer and I like him. Haven't tried the other one yet.

Today was a "rest" day for the 9 week program so I did a trainer generated one.

32 Min
    169 Calories
    124 BPM
    100%
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    It would be great if everyone joined the group mentioned earlier. It's much easier to track progress when it's up on the screen :)
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    My Wii has been giving me issues :cry:

How is everyone else doing?
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I finished my 4th workout on the 9 week challenge program yesterday. Today is a rest day. I have been pretty sore but I wish that I would burn more than 120-145 calories a workout session but then again I'm on easy so my sessions are only 20-25 minutes.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    I am doing medium/normal intensity and don't see much more then that :cry: Feels like it should be so much more! I cannot wait unitl my new HRM gets here!!
  • harpcason
    Options
    I recv'd my EA 2 last week and am doing the 3 week program. However, I have only done 3 workouts. I must do better if I want to see results. I would like to lose 25 lbs. by this summer. I am very thankful that this thread is here, for support. Maybe that will motivate me.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    I admit with my Wii acting up I have not been getting my workouts in. I rely far too much on my HRM and do not like that I don't have it. I hope in a few weeks it will be here but in the meantime lets keep eachother motivated and lets keep up the hard work!

We can do it!!
  • Qpeace
    Qpeace Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Got a new sensor bar and it didn't work either so I was using candles again. But yesterday was my birthday and I bought myself a wireless sensor bar! Now the cats won't be able to chew wires.

Today is a rest day for me with EA Sports. So far I like the intensity. I started out easy. The sprints and the fitness trail things are getting longer and there are still new things.

We can do this! 125 or calories might not seem like much but they do accumulate and we're adding muscle that likes to burn calories more that fat. It's all good!
  • malihinimae
    Options
    Can I join in? My hubby got me this Saturday a week ago and I am LOVIN' it. That week before I got it, I lost seven pounds, just from cutting out sodas and eating right. Then got this, joined on here to track my calories and I'm in love. :)
  • iwatts
    iwatts Posts: 22
    Options
    :smile: bump
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    I should have my new HRM soon and my Wii is still acting up but I found someone that will look at it for me so I should be back up and running soon. I wonder if I should restart the challenge or just try and carry on? I HATE seeing that I missed workouts ....lol.
  • malihinimae
    Options
    Eeek. I just saw this is for the 9 week challenge. I thought I'd start with the Cardio Kickstart (21 day) one first. It's WAY easy though, and I'm thinking of skipping it and moving to the 9 week challenge. Thoughts?
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I think you can handle the nine week challenge!

I just finished part 1 of the nine week challenge. Not sure what part 2 looks like yet but I am definitely curious.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    yeah no problem!! I did another exercise after this one and found that there was a huge difference between my polar HRM & the EA HRM so just a litttle advice, always wear your polar HRM just incase!!! I did a upper body workout the EA said time: 22 minutes @ 114 calories burned meanwhile my polar HRM said 31 minutes @ 310 calories burned.

Yeah I have a MIO heart rate watch. I am also doing the EA active 9 week challenge too. There was a HUGE difference in the calories burned. I did 26 min. And EA sports said I burned 149 calories while my HRM said I burned 458. The heart rate was always relatively the same but the calories burned was like night and day!

I am in week 2 of the program and love it. Are u in a workout group?
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Eeek. I just saw this is for the 9 week challenge. I thought I'd start with the Cardio Kickstart (21 day) one first. It's WAY easy though, and I'm thinking of skipping it and moving to the 9 week challenge. Thoughts?

We don't discriminate :wink:
    Anything EA Sports works. Just here to support one another. Some people are doing the 3 week too.
  • Wocawa
    Wocawa Posts: 136
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I am on day 5 of the 9-week challenge and would like to join your group. Also, if there is a group started on EA Sports Active I would also like to join that as well. I have joined a couple of groups and find it helpful for motivation.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Welcome! Any EA Sports welcome :flowerforyou:

Seems a little slow but hopefully it picks back up! Maybe everyone is just working out so hard they are too busy to post :bigsmile:
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options

Switch the intensity level to medium or hard :tongue: I'm doing the Cardio Kick Start on hard at the moment and start week 3 on Sunday and so far its kicked my butt everytime!

Ok going to start the 9 week challenge next weekend. Thinking of doing it on hard again..any thoughts on how much more difficult it is then the 3 week kick start? LOL
  • ruthgarcia1974
    Options
    I just finished week one on "medium" level. I am drenched in sweat by the time it's over, so I think it's working! Good luck everyone. Once I adapt to the intensity level, I may move up to the hard one.....