EA Sports Active 2 - 9 week Challenge

Options

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Well I started over. I just missed too many days and didn't like to see all the missed days :ohwell:

So Day 1....again

Day 1

Time- 0:28:48
    Cal. Burned 146.3
    Avg HR - 128
    Max HR - 168
    Completed 100%

Come on ladies! Let's keep it going!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Anyone done the 3 week challenge yet and moved on to the 9 week? I am just wondering how they differ and if you are better off starting there. Since I am on Day 1 of the 9 week again I wonder if I should start slow, I have no problems doing the exercises but my heart just into it so maybe a shorter challenge to start?
  • mrsbolanos
    mrsbolanos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So glad to see this group! I love my EASA 2. :-)
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I finished day 2 today (I'm starting on easy since I'm jumping in from Wii Fit which wasn't too big of a challenge.)

Has anyone else had problems with the machine not registering your moves? I had to skip three activities today because it wouldn't register my moves (must have done 30 lunges instead of 10 -- and I know how to do a lunge!) My husband had to skip one last night because it wouldn't register his arm exericse.

I bought a heart rate monitor today, so I'll see if I'm burning more than the 90-100 calories per day!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    I have had issues with the fast kickups. I can kick my *kitten* off but it looks like I am walking. I find with lunges if the leg band isn't high enough I have issues.

My HRM was all wonky just when I got EA 2 but I bought a new one and I cannot wait for it to get here. I am also interested to see how they differ.

I love that your hubby does it with you! I can't even do it in front of mine...lol.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    So glad to see this group! I love my EASA 2. :-)

Well welcome. We get slow at times but when we are all in it is a great motivational tool!

Post your exercise stats if you want or just stop in and let us know how you are doing :flowerforyou:
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have had issues with the fast kickups. I can kick my *kitten* off but it looks like I am walking. I find with lunges if the leg band isn't high enough I have issues.

My HRM was all wonky just when I got EA 2 but I bought a new one and I cannot wait for it to get here. I am also interested to see how they differ.

I love that your hubby does it with you! I can't even do it in front of mine...lol.

It took him a week or so to get interested -- I think that just exercising on the Wii Fit wasn't too interesting to him! Once I said that I wanted some better games (got Zumba & Active 2), then he decided he better join me! I wish that there was a multiplayer mode so we could do our exercises together. If I'm on an off day, I'll just tag along with him and run and lunge and stuff but not get credit for it. I've read some things online about problems with the program registering a bunch of arm exercises, so we bought the extra belts (better than the green one!) and hope that'll register.

I'm so sore today so I'm glad it's an off day. I think those extra lunges caught up with me. My upper legs haven't been this sore in a very long time!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options

It took him a week or so to get interested -- I think that just exercising on the Wii Fit wasn't too interesting to him! Once I said that I wanted some better games (got Zumba & Active 2), then he decided he better join me! I wish that there was a multiplayer mode so we could do our exercises together. If I'm on an off day, I'll just tag along with him and run and lunge and stuff but not get credit for it. I've read some things online about problems with the program registering a bunch of arm exercises, so we bought the extra belts (better than the green one!) and hope that'll register.

I'm so sore today so I'm glad it's an off day. I think those extra lunges caught up with me. My upper legs haven't been this sore in a very long time!

Isn't there a multiplayer mode? I thought I remember the option to work out alone or with a friend? Maybe that is just for custom workouts? I find that weird that you can't both do it. The game has come so far you would think that would be standard.
    You could always get a HRM and record it that way when you tag along, I know I am lost without mine.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options

I had problems too!! It was really ticking me off. I found out that if I move to a different spot it picks me up better. Try moving around your room when you're doing the fast kickups and see if your sensor picks you up better. I also changed the batteries in the leg strap.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Hmm never thought of the batteries...lol. I guess I expect everything brand new to work as such...:laugh:

I find even if I run like a mad woman it still doesn't pick it up and I have been dreading them. I will try to move around a bit and see if that helps.

I have a rest day but hope the group gets back on track! We have such an awesome group here! :heart:
  • Joanne_C
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Glad to see some others using Sports Active to help things along

I've had my copy for a couple of weeks and I'm really enjoying it, 6lbs lost so far with the programme and calorie counting with the help of this site.

If anyone is in the UK and thinking of getting Sports Active 2 . Play. com were selling it for all 3 consoles for 29.99 yesterday, though unfortunately today the PS3 version has now gone back up to £44.95, the 360 and Wii versions are still reduced though.

Wishing you the best with your workouts.

Jo.
  • moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yay for this group! I just started the 9 week challenge yesterday. I completed the 3 week program on Friday. I started on easy then moved to Medium after the first week. I'm doing the 9 week on medium to start and see how it goes. Good luck everyone!
  • magicsonata
    magicsonata Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just got this today. I haven't used it yet, but I am looking forward to using it on the days that i can't make it to the gym. My next purchase is a HRM, sounds like I might need it with this!

This will be a great place for some motivation!
  • moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Anyone done the 3 week challenge yet and moved on to the 9 week? I am just wondering how they differ and if you are better off starting there. Since I am on Day 1 of the 9 week again I wonder if I should start slow, I have no problems doing the exercises but my heart just into it so maybe a shorter challenge to start?

I started with the 3 week program because I was literally getting off the couch after doing no exercise at for almost a year. I think it helped me get into working out slowly. I liked that the first couple workouts weren't that long so I didn't feel like quitting. Then they get a little longer and more intense as you continue,but nothing too crazy. I've only completed the 1 workout for the 9 week program, but so far I see the trend of the workouts getting longer continues with the 9 week. Keep at it and you'll get more into it. :-)
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Welcome all!!

I may restart and do the 3 week. I am having a hard time staying motivated this time around. I think maybe a shorter challenge will help me get through it easier. I did the more workouts challenge without missing one day so I am not sure why this is so hard for me. The workouts aren't hard it is getting my butt motivated to it.

Keep me motivated ladies!!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Aw Kickrz...just keep at it! I'm in the second phase of the 9 week right now. I'm less happy about playing with my new wii toy but about 2 exercises past the warm up, I'm happy I'm doing it.

I find that when I'm not thinking nice thoughts about my wii trainer, he makes me a do a heck of a lot more lunges. I think he can hear me.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I find that when I'm not thinking nice thoughts about my wii trainer, he makes me a do a heck of a lot more lunges. I think he can hear me.
    ROFL!! I start Workout 13 (start of phase 2) tonight. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm sure there are higher reps.
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    ROFL!! I start Workout 13 (start of phase 2) tonight. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm sure there are higher reps.

I just did the 4th workout in phase 2. The reps are the same but they add more exercises. Today there were 36 exercises and it was 38 minutes long. They did add a few new ones..the hip bridge with the leg raise today...NOT A FAN of that one. (well, my fanny is not a fan of it). The mountain biking returned too.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Argg that doesn't sound motivating...lol. I think once I get my new HRM things will be better. It is all about numbers for me and I sort of feel like why workout so hard if the numbers don;t reflect it...kwim? I will have it soon though then NO more excuses. Stick by me though because the motivation helps a lot. I am going to try and get an afternoon workout in while my little one sleeps!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    It's NOT all about the numbers. It's about feeling good because you completed a tough workout. It's about toning up-which doesn't necessarily show up on the scale but will show up in your jeans (or rather won't show up in your jeans). Needing to see the numbers is an excuse to put it off. Go get your tush moving! You'll be happy you did!