• lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    oops...her name is Jeannie Cannon.:smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi everybody,
    my brain is too exhausted to work on the income tax and the last load of laundry is still in the dryer.......my pedometer says that I've walked over 11,000 steps today so I'll treat myself to a few minutes on MFP while Jake is on the phone.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: we have packed up a lot stuff already and put it in storage to make the house easier to clean and make it look roomier when people come to look at it.....we haven't listed it yet but we've met with the real estate agent who sold us the house in 2004 when we moved up here. Jake is doing most of the packing but I lay things out for him and make sure that we don't accidentally pack something we use all the time.:laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Sandy, yes, it is very sad but we don't want to stay in this house and not be able to afford things and watch our savings dwindle away,,,,,the healthier we get, the more we realize that we might have a lot of years left and want to make sure we can afford to live the rest of our lives.

:flowerforyou: we are looking at a 55+ community on the other side of town (about six miles from where we are now) with manufactured homes, smaller lots, and lower property taxes........there are several homes in our price range for sale right now so we are thinking positive about a favorable outcome.

:heart: Marie, I have been thinking good thoughts for Jerry's recovery......I know you miss the sound of his voice.....communication with notes just isn't the same.

:heart: Lynn, I set the DVR to record Rachael Ray tomorrow so I can see your friend and the rest of her show about amazing weight loss.

:flowerforyou: Gigi, I'm happy you found us again.......your trip sounds like it was what you had hoped it would be.....I look forward to seeing the family photo

:flowerforyou: Irene, we have our exercise bike in the living room facing the TV and it gets a lot of use because it's so convenient. It might look weird but it's perfect for us.:bigsmile:

:drinker: JoAn, hope your knee continues to improve so you can be doing some great exercise.:bigsmile:

:drinker: :bigsmile: Buzz, we have moved five times in the last eleven years and each time has been a bit of a downsizing but we are "keepers" and throwing things out has been challenging.:laugh:
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    So, where is everyone? I just want you to know, in case you didn't see it on the main page, that I had my blue jeans on yesterday, bent over to tie my shoes and I could still breath!! Now that may not sound like much but IT IS MUCH!! It's the little things that keep you going and I'm going to take a minute to appreciate every single one of them......:laugh: even this stinkin sinus headache that's make me want to shoot out that side of my head....yes, I appreciate it :noway:

Marie: I hope your hubby is doing even better today. You are one of the sweetest and youngest people I know!!

Lynn: You are a sweetheart. I hope that you are feeling up today....your stats show that you are doin' it!!!

JoAn: What a trooper. No weenies in here, that's for sure!!

Diane: One foot in front of the other...or should I say FIST! Woo Hoo...

To all of you who think that you are walking slow....please! you are practically running! I see the finish line and you are pushing each other out of the way to get there..... :laugh:

I'll give it to the rest of you later!!! I have to go throw up now!!! :sick:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    So, here's my story. All my life I remembered having a sister and a brother. I could remember my sister's nickname but nothing about the brother. I remember walking her to someones house (and I can still remember the house) and when my mother and I walked back, she wasn't with us. When I would talk to my husband about it, he would say that I was too little, it must have been a dream. Well, long story short,

It wasn't a dream. When my mother's sister was dying last year, I asked her and she mumbled that it was true. However, she was referring to the fact that her son, my cousin, was actually my brother as she had had a brief affair with my father. My mother and her sister were both pregnant at the same time. So I talked to him and I already love him so much I was glad to have him as a brother.

I came home and talked to my mother and she told me that I was right. She had been following the newspaper for any news of them and so she had a clipping of her engagement, wedding and birth of her son. I won't go into details or we will be here all day. But, it was the "old" days and things were different.

I called her and left a message. She knew nothing about it. I called again and they hung up on me. Then she checked with her only living aunt and she verified everything. It's almost a year since we all met and I love her more than you can imagine. My brother is a very quiet person who keeps to himself and so I don't know him as well. They were adopted by the same people so they grew up together.

She has already started to call my mother "mom" and has forgiven all. She is a Christian, and a very sweet one. There's more out there than you can imagine. My sons, my brother and my sister have all accepted this and love them as well. My mother and her sister were very close, although now, I can't imagine how. Only God's Grace can do that! It was a huge weight off of my mother's back. That's for sure. Forgiveness is a powerful thing!!!

For some reason I missed this post and I am fasinated and a little confused. How many siblings did you grow up with in your house and how many siblings did you not know where your siblings? I think I am reading this wrong or I am just confused. To me is sounds like your mother had an affair and had a baby at the same time your aunt did who had an affair with your father. I got lost somewhere, can you clarify this for me? Of course it is none of my business, but it is a great story. Thanks Maddie.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    So, here's my story. All my life I remembered having a sister and a brother. I could remember my sister's nickname but nothing about the brother. I remember walking her to someones house (and I can still remember the house) and when my mother and I walked back, she wasn't with us. When I would talk to my husband about it, he would say that I was too little, it must have been a dream. Well, long story short,

It wasn't a dream. When my mother's sister was dying last year, I asked her and she mumbled that it was true. However, she was referring to the fact that her son, my cousin, was actually my brother as she had had a brief affair with my father. My mother and her sister were both pregnant at the same time. So I talked to him and I already love him so much I was glad to have him as a brother.

I came home and talked to my mother and she told me that I was right. She had been following the newspaper for any news of them and so she had a clipping of her engagement, wedding and birth of her son. I won't go into details or we will be here all day. But, it was the "old" days and things were different.

I called her and left a message. She knew nothing about it. I called again and they hung up on me. Then she checked with her only living aunt and she verified everything. It's almost a year since we all met and I love her more than you can imagine. My brother is a very quiet person who keeps to himself and so I don't know him as well. They were adopted by the same people so they grew up together.

She has already started to call my mother "mom" and has forgiven all. She is a Christian, and a very sweet one. There's more out there than you can imagine. My sons, my brother and my sister have all accepted this and love them as well. My mother and her sister were very close, although now, I can't imagine how. Only God's Grace can do that! It was a huge weight off of my mother's back. That's for sure. Forgiveness is a powerful thing!!!

For some reason I missed this post and I am fasinated and a little confused. How many siblings did you grow up with in your house and how many siblings did you not know where your siblings? I think I am reading this wrong or I am just confused. To me is sounds like your mother had an affair and had a baby at the same time your aunt did who had an affair with your father. I got lost somewhere, can you clarify this for me? Of course it is none of my business, but it is a great story. Thanks Maddie.

I grew up with one brother and one sister. I spent a lot of time with my "cousin" Steve. It was my aunt, my mother's sister who had the affair with my father which resulted in Steve actually being my "brother" My father was a nice man who just couldn't keep his hands off of other women. He was charming, handsome and fun. He cheated constantly. When my aunt was pregnant to him, my mother was, too. Something happened to my mother over the next couple of years, like a breakdown...and two other siblings born to my mother were adopted. A lot of stuff happened in those years that would take forever to tell but my mother always wanted to find her other two children. She was a great mother, he was a lousy father, my aunt was a wonderful woman who deeply regretted her mistake and she and my mother went on to be very close. So my brother and my sister and my cousin/brother, and my "new sister" are all getting along well with no anger or hard feelings. My "new" brother is kind of hanging back but I'm told that he has always been a loner. I know it's still confusing but like I said, forgiveness is a wonderful thing!!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    MADDIE ARE YOU SICK. i HOPE NOT. YOU TALK OF THOWING UP??

One more day of peace and quite. Jerry can start talking tomorrow. Thursday we go to the doctor to find out the report on his biopsy. He has been a real good patient.

Seems that we are in for some really cold weather as most of the states are.this week.Bad week for the super bowl.!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stay warm everybody. And have a good day.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Still sunny and warm here in FL. Hope you are all feeling great. Marie, it is a lot of meat,true,but a lot of choice,like fish. Also,at home I steam vegetables and include edamamae- soybeans-which have protein so I dont have to eat so much meat. I eat salad and clear broth soups without the starches, and cheeses. Also nuts and seeds. I did get tired of the tortillas, but there is one bread I found called Healthy Life, 5 net carbs per slice. Kroger had it. I just dont want to have both bread and tortillas, so for now it is tortilla.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Joann, hope you are still doing great! Maddie, your life has the makings of a movie!
    hi Sandy, are you prepared for another blizzard? One of our sales people is in the wisconsin and chicago area this week, he says its on the way.
    gayla, I'm glad Neil is making the transition.
    Barbie, you and Jake are wise to assess your future now. I hope you like your next place even more than your current one.
    Irene, wish I could see the photos you posted, but my phone is limited. I enjoy your posts.
    be safe everyone.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!! We are expecting 18 to 24 inches of snow over the next couple of days so stay away from our area. :laugh:

Maddie, I get it now and it is a great story, could have been on Oprah. :bigsmile: Forgiveness is something everyone should do, it is one of the greatest gifts. I do admit is easier to forgive than to forget but it something I am working on and try not to hold any grudges. :noway:
    I hope your sinus headache goes away soon and you feel better. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Marie, I am glad Jerry is such a good patient, he does after all have the best caregiver. :heart: Too bad about the weather turning colder for the super bowl but the players will love it, especially the Packers since they come from the cold. :glasses: By the way your quilts are beautiful, you must have had a great business when you had your booth. :heart:

Barbie, your new location sounds wonderful. I love those communities for over 55, we had looked at one years ago, but my husband is set in his ways and doesn't like change. :grumble: You will still be close to the dog park and that is all that matters. :tongue:

Gigi, welcome back, we missed you!! It sounds like your cruise was wonderful and we can't wait to see the family picture. Get your groceries today, you may be stuck at home for a few days.

Connie, I am now cheering for the Packers for the Super Bowl!!! Closet team to home. :ohwell: Your job sounds very interesting and very tedious, is this an everyday job?:happy:

Buzz, I hope your eyes are getting better, when is it you are having your surgery?? You are just a ray of sunshine and one of the happiest people I know. :flowerforyou:

Barb, how is that toe?? That was one of the funniest stories you told, I miss those stories. :sad: Your job is interfering with your social life. :laugh:

Gayla, I hope Neil's surgery goes well and that he is on the road to recovery fast so you can go on another trip. :bigsmile: It sounds like the house is coming along nicely and that should be a good feeling. :love: Good luck with the diet, we are here if you need us for support. :heart:

Phoebe, enjoy that sunshine, I am so jealous. :glasses:

Irene, your quilts on Face Book are just beautiful. You and Marie have such wonderful talent, one is prettier than the next. :heart: Also you are one terrific grandma, those kids are so lucky to have you in their lives. :heart:

Lynn, oh no I missed the show, I am so sorry I forgot to DVR. It is amazing that she lost so much weight, did she do it here at MFP?

JoAn, how is the knee doing? Are you going for therapy everyday? You also amaze me. :heart:

June, where are you??

Elli, I hope your weekend was great with the family, but it's time to get back on track now. I messed up yesterday also with going to a Confirmation Party and eating and drinking too much. :explode: I ask myself why I don't lose these last few pounds but I really know why, I cheat too much. :grumble:

Another day, so it is the first day of my life and I better do it right!!!!

Have a good one everyone!!
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    Marie: I have a sinus headache and it makes me dizzy and upset stomach. Thanks for thinking of me.

Phoebe: I wonder who would play me in the movie.....maybe Roseanne Barr......

Sandy: How do you do it. You keep up with everything! And forgiveness is better for me. I would be the only one carrying the bitterness as everyone else has moved on. I think that individually, we each feel that way......Love feels better and it's exciting getting to know each other. I've invited my new brother to my birthday...I hope he comes. It's been almost a year and I've only seen him the one time. My "old" sister and I send him a card at least once a month and we all received Christmas cards from him. My "new" sister says it's the first time that even she received a card and they grew up together. Maybe he's getting softer. Prayer can break down the hardest heart and we are trying to chip away.....:heart:

Lynn: I saw your friend on Rachel Ray. Wow, what an inspiration and she looked great on TV!! :flowerforyou:
  • lyn54
    Options
    :tongue: So sorry about your headache Maddie.

Marie - glad Jerry is better.

Barbie- you are only showling your are very much a wise woman.

Sandy- Jeannie goes to Curves and yes MFP has contrubuted to the loss. She has posted that she thought if anyone missed the show they could go to Rachail Ray's website and view a video clip of it..

Phoebe-good to know you are safe out on the road.
    Barb- enjoyed your story..

To Everyone else...don't mean to leave anyone out ...but I am out of time:tongue:

Have a good one!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    sORRY MADDIE. hope you get to feeling better soon. Keep warm.
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Maddie - I'm with you, how does Sandy remember what everyone said???????

Sandy???? how do you DO IT?

by the way Maddie - hope you're feeling better.

Marie - how's Jerry? I hope it won't be painful for him to talk tomorrow! NICE QUILT!!!! I'm so not talented in those ways :grumble: I have to have my friend's Mom do any little sewing repair i need done.....

Barbie - you must be tired of moving! Didn't you say 5 times in 11 years?????? omg - that would have about killed me! I moved to this house 24 years ago - of course, it was like moving when we renovated..........i don't think quite as bad though - i didn't have to move any of the outbuilding stuff. i can't STAND moving. Hope i never do it again! I'm glad you'll be close to the dog park and i hope you love your new place when you find it! I'm so happy when i get rid of lots of stuff. I know i accumulate WAY too much. Of course, now i'm accumulating again so i'll have things the babies need when they're here........:tongue:

I don't think i did too bad over the weekend - i ate foods that aren't on my current "plan" but so far i haven't gained any weight. I'm down to 4 pounds to lose (yes, Sandy - AGAIN.........:embarassed: ). I'm really going to do it this time though! So are you (Sandy) - we're going there together once and for ALL!

OMG - it's SO cold here. Tomorrow our high isn't supposed to go above 0. Bringing the outside dogs into the mudroom tonight after i get home from the gym!

Stay warm everyone in the midwest. Gayla - how cold is it up in the great north?????

oh yea, 1 more thing - my "baby" - Daddy of Kodi Grace, 2 weeks old - turned 24 today!:bigsmile:

love u guys,

elli
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    IrenesQuilts002.jpg

One of my customers in Alaska asked me to make the craziest quilt I could come up with. I used leftover blocks (hacked some up first), assorted scraps, and whatever I could find in my sewing. This is the result. When I was done I was sorry it was spoken for.

IrenesQuilts001.jpg

This is one I used a pattern. Lots of fun.
  • lyn54
    Options
    Marie: I have a sinus headache and it makes me dizzy and upset stomach. Thanks for thinking of me.

Phoebe: I wonder who would play me in the movie.....maybe Roseanne Barr......

Sandy: How do you do it. You keep up with everything! And forgiveness is better for me. I would be the only one carrying the bitterness as everyone else has moved on. I think that individually, we each feel that way......Love feels better and it's exciting getting to know each other. I've invited my new brother to my birthday...I hope he comes. It's been almost a year and I've only seen him the one time. My "old" sister and I send him a card at least once a month and we all received Christmas cards from him. My "new" sister says it's the first time that even she received a card and they grew up together. Maybe he's getting softer. Prayer can break down the hardest heart and we are trying to chip away.....:heart:

Lynn: I saw your friend on Rachel Ray. Wow, what an inspiration and she looked great on TV!! :flowerforyou:

I watched the show it came on at 2 here. Jeannie looked fantastic. I loved her new hair. What did you think of Jorge ??? can't remember his last name, theory of not counting calories and counting sugar and carbs with a ratio of 15g/6g's?

I't s okay Sandy ...I think I reposted and told you to go to Rachael Ray's website...:laugh: :laugh: some water went over my dam since then:laugh:

Eli==don't know if I have introduced myself...but I am Lynn...I've been on MFP since Sept. Nice to meet ya'!:smile::flowerforyou:

Irene -all you ladies that quilt, I am an admirer. All my ancestors quilted. There are heirlooms of quilts and tops passed down. My sister quilts..but somehow I missed it. My patience to sit and do that for hours ...is just not there:blushing: I think they are lovely and my sister says it's good therapy.
    Anytime you want to tell us stories about Alaska...I would love to hear them. I like stories. I read all the time. That is my favorite thing to do.

Good evening to everyone!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lyn54
    Options
    See you on the February forum!

Ps. JoAnn glad you are doing well.:flowerforyou:
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Hi Lynn - nice to meetcha! I'm a reader too - go to a local book group once a month in our small town. I like novels mostly that "take me away."

OMG IRENE - that one crazy quilt?!?!?!? freaking AWESOME! I absolutely love it! You and Marine are GOOD!

See you all on next month!

elli
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I hope uou kept this one , Irene. It is just lovely. I don't think I have seen one like that before.At least not the dsign you used. So Pretty.

I have been watching the Green Bay Packers land in Dallas. And their escort from the airport to their hotel. A Royal treatment. Even block traffic so the caravan could stay together. We are really in for bad weather in the morning. Hope we don't lose our electric. The steelers arrived this morning. I didn't see them land Between the weather and the teams that is all we get on TV. My grandaughter is going to be out in this mess. I warm her these Texans don't know how to drive in this kind of weather. It is surpose to start at 3 oo AM Till 3 PM tomorrow. So tomorrow is the really bad day.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I love all the quilt photos........Irene and Marie, I so admire your ability to make quilts.....I love the fabric but for whatever reason never tried my hand at quilts......I knit and crochet and do a little bit of stuff with beads so maybe that is enough.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, your cold weather and snow make me shiver....we have had temps just above freezing which is wintery enough

:flowerforyou: I was plugging away at the income tax until Friday night when I discovered that the receipt for paying our property tax was nowhere to be found (I looked in every folder in the file cabinet ) and since it was Friday night there was no way to seek a solution until this morning......Jake assured me that he'd call and get me a duplicate receipt or something but it kept bugging me all weekend......sure enough, this morning Jake called and they emailed me a duplicate receipt and we didn't even have to drive 40 miles to get it (a friend of mine had a poster that said "who says worrying doesn't do any good, all the things I worry about never happen :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

:flowerforyou: I want to add my support to the idea of forgiveness as a wonderful life tool.......I forgive because it makes me feel better to be without resentment and anger......I don't forgive to do any favors to anyone who has wronged me, they will have to live with their actions.

:flowerforyou: Elli, someone said that "move" is a four letter word and I agree........I would love to be able to stay in the house we're in but we'd spend all our savings, never be able to take a trip, and maybe have to give up some things that we do....that would not be nice......instead we will do what we need to do and to build a new life in a less wonderful house with less yard and closer neighbors, and feel more financially secure.....we're doing this one day at a time and not thinking about the enormity of the task....we will still be close enough to the dog park, line dance classes, and the golf course

:bigsmile: Maddie, I hope you're feeling better
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello everyone!

By almost a miracle I got to the Gym today, weather is just terrible and very windy:angry::angry: :angry: is not going to get any better by tonight expecting 18 to 20 inches in the next few days.:noway: :noway: :noway:

Marie - One more day so you will know Jerry's results, hope everything will be ok. The quilts are beautiful, you're so talented.:heart:

Barbie - The communites for over 55 are great, we have some friends that are very happy, they are living each day to the fullest and loving it. Hope the storage is working out well, good job make the house more roomy

Sandy - you're right we are expecting 18 to 20 inches of snow in the next couple of days, we went to the grocery store and got ready, keep warm you will be home also, maybe be can talk:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Connie - great job sounds so very interesting.

Lynn - I was working out at the Gym this afternoon, I got to see your friend - She looks beautiful, loved the belt, please give her a BIG Hug for me, she looks amazing and so happy.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Jo-Ann - How are things with the knee - is therapy in the near future - take care.

Irene - Great result on that Craziest Quilt, you are so talented. The second quilt is awesome - You rock.:heart::heart:

Eli - I'm Gigi, didn't post when January started because I was gone and suppose to be retired but that is another story, now that I'm back on track, so glad to introduced myself. Nice to read your post.:happy: :happy: :happy:

Keep warm if you can. Have fun:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Gigi