Pregnancy 2011 - January

Options

Replies

• Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Lynn, Congrats on the little boy. I know so many people who are expecting boy's right now (including me)

I need your guy's thoughts. This might be TMI but I want to make sure I am not going crazy.

I feel like I have to go to the bathroom constently. This has been going on since Christmas. When I go, I cant go much, but I still feel like I have to go as soon as I am done. I have had UTI's before and usually they hurt, but this isn't painful at all. It is just super annoying because I feel like I am going to wet my pants 24/7. I am running to the bathroom every 20 minutes, and cant even go!!

I have a dr. appt next Wednesday. Should I hold off until then, or should I call them now? I hate being a worrier, but this is getting really annoying. Or, is it just part of pregnancy and I need to deal with it???

Thanks for your thoughts!!!

I would call the doctor and go in. That is not normal and the doctor always asks about that kind of stuff. You may have a
    UTI or even a bladder infection. Better safe and sure than sorry.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Do any of you other first time moms (or when you were a first time mom) feel like you are now part of some "secret club" or something?

I had coworkers who I would say hello to and small talk with before, now they are always coming into my office and talkin baby talk! I'm sure before they just figured that since I didn't have any kids, I didn't want to hear about their kids. Now that I'm pregnant, I know so much more (sometimes too much :huh: ) about the people around me.

It's just funny that once I mention to anyone that I'm pregnant, a short meaningless conversation turns into a full blown sit-downer lol.

Congrats on your boy!!! Im only about a wk behind you ( 15 wks) ...so now I wanna KNOW!! Being pregnant has made me much closer to my mom. We never had much to talk about before...now we have tons..its nice!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Do any of you other first time moms (or when you were a first time mom) feel like you are now part of some "secret club" or something?

I had coworkers who I would say hello to and small talk with before, now they are always coming into my office and talkin baby talk! I'm sure before they just figured that since I didn't have any kids, I didn't want to hear about their kids. Now that I'm pregnant, I know so much more (sometimes too much :huh: ) about the people around me.

It's just funny that once I mention to anyone that I'm pregnant, a short meaningless conversation turns into a full blown sit-downer lol.

It is pretty much just that, a secret club. People you know want to talk to you now, just wait til you get further along and random people in public start talking to you and it is even more so once the baby is born. I used to be really shy but after #1 I have learned to converse with random strangers. People love pregnant people and babies. They start leaving you alone when the baby is like 1. Enjoy it though because as you see pregnant women and newborns you will start talking to them too. I think it just happens.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

Congrats on your boy!!! Im only about a wk behind you ( 15 wks) ...so now I wanna KNOW!! Being pregnant has made me much closer to my mom. We never had much to talk about before...now we have tons..its nice!

Wait til the baby is born, you will hear lots about everything from everyone. My mom still tries to tell me things and this is my third baby, she only had two. My MIL also tries to give me her advice, she had four though so she took the prize. My husband and I are of different cultures, I am caucasian and he is hispanic so our moms have very different solutions for everything and ofcourse everyone thinks they have the right answer for everything. Oh boy, I am not ready for the unsolicited advice from everyone once the princess arrives.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

Yeah, but the bad part is - I don't care about their kids and don't want to hear about it! :laugh: :laugh:

LOL You crack me right up! Yea, some of them are a little to much to handle.... :wink:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

My husband and I were talking about this last night. He said it's starting to scare him about having kids, all of the problems his co-workers are having with their 11 year old daughters. Poor guy :)
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Lynn, Congrats on the little boy. I know so many people who are expecting boy's right now (including me)

I need your guy's thoughts. This might be TMI but I want to make sure I am not going crazy.

I feel like I have to go to the bathroom constently. This has been going on since Christmas. When I go, I cant go much, but I still feel like I have to go as soon as I am done. I have had UTI's before and usually they hurt, but this isn't painful at all. It is just super annoying because I feel like I am going to wet my pants 24/7. I am running to the bathroom every 20 minutes, and cant even go!!

I have a dr. appt next Wednesday. Should I hold off until then, or should I call them now? I hate being a worrier, but this is getting really annoying. Or, is it just part of pregnancy and I need to deal with it???

Thanks for your thoughts!!!

I would call the doctor and go in. That is not normal and the doctor always asks about that kind of stuff. You may have a
    UTI or even a bladder infection. Better safe and sure than sorry.

Are you leaning forward while trying to urinate? Sometimes the baby sits right on the bladder/urethra making it difficult to go. If that doesn't make a big difference (it made a huge one for me) Then I would definitely call. It is better to bug them (that's what the big bucks are for) than to be extrememly miserable.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    What seemed like the longest week EVER is finally over!

We went this morning for our ultrasound and....... 1 little baby......it's a boy! :bigsmile: So, no twins afterall. Not sure where the second heartbeat came from, but the US tech assured us, there is only one in there.

I was thinking ahead of time that I would be skeptical if they told us the sex today, but when I saw his "little guy" on the monitor, there was no denying it!

She calculated me to be 16 weeks 4 days, so about 3 days farther than I thought I was. She said he measured at 8 inches long. The books and things I've read say he should be about 5 inches, so that surprised me a little.

Getting to see him was the best birthday present I could have asked for!! :heart: Ugh....now to do the not so fun birthday stuff, like renewing our license plates :grumble:

Congrats on your little boy. Sure seems to be a lot of them with this group :)

I haven't caught up on the posts yet so maybe someone said this already. The 5 inches would be normal crown to rump length for 16 weeks gestational age and the 8 inches the tech said your little guy was she most likely measured crown to heel.

Congratulations again!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Mamatoabunch - How do I treat it at home? I would like to hold off until next week to go to the dr. if possible. My boss is in town right now, and I cant take off to head to the dr.

Uva ursi tincture, cranberry juice, no sugar or 100% juice, cranberry tablets and tons of water. W/ uva ursi symptoms will be gone in 3 days or so, continue one extra day. I take a dropperful or two every three hours or so first day, spacing the droperfuls out the next day and third. Uva ursi is a wonder, absolute wonder!

Everywhere I have looked says that uva ursi tincture shouldn't be used in pregnancy.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Mamatoabunch - How do I treat it at home? I would like to hold off until next week to go to the dr. if possible. My boss is in town right now, and I cant take off to head to the dr.

Uva ursi tincture, cranberry juice, no sugar or 100% juice, cranberry tablets and tons of water. W/ uva ursi symptoms will be gone in 3 days or so, continue one extra day. I take a dropperful or two every three hours or so first day, spacing the droperfuls out the next day and third. Uva ursi is a wonder, absolute wonder!

Everywhere I have looked says that uva ursi tincture shouldn't be used in pregnancy.

It depends, but so do many drugs. It is a preference, another option, especially if out of first trimester. It can cause mild uterine contraxs. It is the only thing that works for my UTI's, antibiotics won't get it all, w/ the UTI symptoms resuming after completion of antibiotics. I have used it under the advice of my first and second midwife.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    It is cleaning day here, busy. I have several children ill w/ some kind of flu thing. They are so sick they are just staying in bed, it seems to be our second round of something, since Christmas.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    just checking in ladies. About 7 hours into my 14 hour workday today. Thats depressing sounding haha. Just ate a nice sized lunch but that seems to be the only time of day I can keep food down. I usually go ahead and just eat dinner and get sick but tonight I am going to be coaching at another school and getting sick in their locker room sounds less than desirable.

hope everyone is having a good day.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I. AM. RAVENOUS today. I went to the grocery store on my lunch break (after having just eaten a small lunch) and I was so hungry by the time I got out, I had to bust out the PB & bread to make half of a sandwich (in the parking lot!). That was just over an hour ago and I'm starving again. I have 4oz of yogurt to get me through the next 2 hours. That's a lot of pressure to put on 4oz of yogurt. :laugh:

Lately, I've been trying to stick with around 2000 calories/day. Most days this week, that has been more than enough but I've been so hungry all day even with eating my usual snacks & drinking my usual amount of water. :ohwell: Guess it's time for a growth spurt?
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I'm bloated! I remember feeling that way with my ds (#2) and can't remember with dd (#1). For you ladies whom have had 2 or more pregnancies, did you start showing fast? I kind of feel like I'm gonna be popping out and I'm not even 6 weeks yet!?
  • mellissacase
    Options
    Hello hope you are all well, i'm Mel I would really like to join this group. We tried 4 a baby last year but to no avail and before we start trying again I have decided to spend the next 6 months trying to loose 3 stone, hard going I know, but really want to be healthy for our baby.

Would love to find some friends in a similar position, I know I have the perfect motivation already but really want people to encourage me lots.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I'm bloated! I remember feeling that way with my ds (#2) and can't remember with dd (#1). For you ladies whom have had 2 or more pregnancies, did you start showing fast? I kind of feel like I'm gonna be popping out and I'm not even 6 weeks yet!?

I'm 18 weeks and I think I'm showing, but no one would dare ask me if I were pregnant. I just look a little fat. My jeans still fit (they're low rise though) but they feel tight if I sit in them to long - or eat in them! :laugh: I think in another month or 6 weeks I will actually look pregnant. I'm tall so, long torso...
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

My husband and I were talking about this last night. He said it's starting to scare him about having kids, all of the problems his co-workers are having with their 11 year old daughters. Poor guy :)

Tell your hubby not to worry, you two will raise your children to be responsible young adults and wont have the same problems.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I. AM. RAVENOUS today. I went to the grocery store on my lunch break (after having just eaten a small lunch) and I was so hungry by the time I got out, I had to bust out the PB & bread to make half of a sandwich (in the parking lot!). That was just over an hour ago and I'm starving again. I have 4oz of yogurt to get me through the next 2 hours. That's a lot of pressure to put on 4oz of yogurt. :laugh:

Lately, I've been trying to stick with around 2000 calories/day. Most days this week, that has been more than enough but I've been so hungry all day even with eating my usual snacks & drinking my usual amount of water. :ohwell: Guess it's time for a growth spurt?

Sounds like it, just listen to your body and as long as you are not grabbing a big mac or something horrible just go with it. I have days I am super hungry then others when I have to make myself eat. I do believe that the baby has growth spurts.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

Most definately, I had to switch to maternity clothes at about 8-9 weeks this time (#3) I think that everyone carries different as well but it does seem that the more pregnancies you have the quicker you show.
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hi all you pregnant and ttc girls. Sorry haven't had the chance to check in a while. Christmas and family have kept me away for a long time. 39 weeks this week and I lost 2lbs not really hungry. Contractions have been keeping me up for days I hopefully am getting really close. Just a quick warning to all of you once you hit the 30 week mark try to get as much rest as possible keep walking doing what you can but definitely get your rest. Good luck to the TTC and happy and healthy 9 months to the rest of ya.