Pregnancy 2011 - January

Options

Replies

• dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I'm bloated! I remember feeling that way with my ds (#2) and can't remember with dd (#1). For you ladies whom have had 2 or more pregnancies, did you start showing fast? I kind of feel like I'm gonna be popping out and I'm not even 6 weeks yet!?

I'm 18 weeks and I think I'm showing, but no one would dare ask me if I were pregnant. I just look a little fat. My jeans still fit (they're low rise though) but they feel tight if I sit in them to long - or eat in them! :laugh: I think in another month or 6 weeks I will actually look pregnant. I'm tall so, long torso...

This is #4 for me and this time around I didn't show any sooner. I was still in my regular low rise jeans at week 23 and finally decided to switch to my maternity pants because they felt tight when sitting. This pregnancy was much different for me in the fact that I actually exercised. So, for me that was the difference. But looking back I didn't show sooner with #2 either. So in my opinion it "just depends." :smile:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Today I felt my pregnancy for sure.

We did a walking tour around a university campus with my sons school today from 9-1:30. OMG by the time I got home at 3:00 pm I passed out. I don't even remember going to sleep. My knees, back, and feet were just aching so bad.

Even with going to the gym and walking every day. That just over did it for me. I felt like a whipped dog.

There was a lady there about 25 weeks pregnant with her fourth and she was having trouble keeping up.
  • Lisak22
    Lisak22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,...

Heres the official update!...im 6 weeks 2 days, with this little peanut! We had the ultasound yesterday and got to see the little flicker of a heart beat, and we heard it too!! Aamazing that something sooo little already has such a strong heart beat. They printed off a picture, and put it in a little frame that says "Baby's first picture"....AWE :love:

SO...now what?!...What do i do?..What do i not eat? When will i start showing? The doctors office gave me this hole bag of books, papers, class's that i can take...i just feel so over whelmed. I dont want to do this wrong!...

They also included applications to hospitals...WHO FILLS OUT APPLICATIONS FOR HOSPITALS!?...i Guess i have to??...I dont go back to the doctor for 4 weeks!...I feel funny, like something might go wrong, since i've been going every 2 days for the last 2 weeks to figure out what was going on...

Can you tell im a first time mom? :laugh: I'll be ok, I just dont want to forget something super important...So if you guys have advice, or something you WISH you could have done with your first looking back on the hole situation,...can yall tell me?!...

I was thinking i'm going to take like 4 pictues everything month to see how the baby's growing, and i've started saving things for a scrap book, since i pretty much make one for everything :happy: ...maybe some pictures with my man once i start showing or before??..

AHH im just soo excited, these next 8 months are going to go by sooooo slow :ohwell: ...or maybe they wont...:laugh:

Thanks for everything Ladies :)
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,...

Heres the official update!...im 6 weeks 2 days, with this little peanut! We had the ultasound yesterday and got to see the little flicker of a heart beat, and we heard it too!! Aamazing that something sooo little already has such a strong heart beat. They printed off a picture, and put it in a little frame that says "Baby's first picture"....AWE :love:

SO...now what?!...What do i do?..What do i not eat? When will i start showing? The doctors office gave me this hole bag of books, papers, class's that i can take...i just feel so over whelmed. I dont want to do this wrong!...

They also included applications to hospitals...WHO FILLS OUT APPLICATIONS FOR HOSPITALS!?...i Guess i have to??...I dont go back to the doctor for 4 weeks!...I feel funny, like something might go wrong, since i've been going every 2 days for the last 2 weeks to figure out what was going on...

Can you tell im a first time mom? :laugh: I'll be ok, I just dont want to forget something super important...So if you guys have advice, or something you WISH you could have done with your first looking back on the hole situation,...can yall tell me?!...

I was thinking i'm going to take like 4 pictues everything month to see how the baby's growing, and i've started saving things for a scrap book, since i pretty much make one for everything :happy: ...maybe some pictures with my man once i start showing or before??..

AHH im just soo excited, these next 8 months are going to go by sooooo slow :ohwell: ...or maybe they wont...:laugh:

I am a first time Mom as well so I know what you are feeling. We havn't started thing about which hospital yet. They say you want to have that done about 8 weeks before your due date. You can go to them and get tours of their rooms if you want too. (at least here you can)

You don't need to eat any different except for making sure you are getting in healthy foods. You only need to add 100 calories a day your first trimester (so basically nothing). Hopefully you will not get the morning sickness that I have (Mine came on about 7.5 weeks) because I can't eat anything at all lol. I signed for what to expect online and they send me a daily newsletter online that has given me the BEST information. Its so helpful because its info when you need it as your pregnancy goes a long but it isn't overwhelming. I have heard people start showing at anywhere from 12-20 weeks? but I really have NO idea the answer to that question. I have lost weight since I got pregnant so when I tell people they are like, oh my you look skinnier than before. BUT my stomach is bigger, my regular pants are really tight. There are a couple pairs I can't wear anymore. I bought some maternity clothes and borrowed a bunch from my sister. I havn't worn them yet but I see it happening in maybe two weeks. The tight pants just irritate my stomach and make me feel sicker.

thats all I know :D I worry every day about something happening as well. You can just hope and pray. What I have heard is if you see blood, call the dr. otherwise you are okay. OH YES, and you will probably be WAY more tired than usual, so don't forget to get extra rest!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    haha I just read my ticker. I am glad I choose the funny one. I would like to throw my grapefruit uterus at my hubby. I puked at work yesterday around 1:00. Threw up in another schools locker room while coaching at 6:00. And in the comfort of our own home at 2:00 am. but the ticker made me laugh lol.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Had our monthly appointment yesterday. I was supposed to get this cervical polyp removed, but they messed up and didn't schedule me for the procedure room. I was so annoyed because we waited for over 40 minutes in that waiting room to be taken back and told we were going to have to come back on Monday. The only thing the doctor did was a vaginal exam to determine that the polyp had in fact gotten bigger and find the heartbeat with his doppler, which my husband and I were able to do a couple of weeks ago. I wanted the darn thing out! It is bleeding so badly. Ugh. Anyway. So we are going back at 1 on Monday. Well I am at least. My husband took off to be with me yesterday and is still pretty new with his company. I don't know if he's going to be able to take off for me on Monday too.

I know this is a whiney post, but I've also been having trouble sleeping lately. I'm tired all the time, but I just can't seem to get comfortable. I put a pillow between my legs and beside my stomache and that seems to help, but all I end up doing is tossing and turning all night. I log in lots of hours in bed, but never feel fully rested when I get up. What's the deal?
  • tashasbaby
    Options
    Hi, I'm Natasha I'm a SAHM to my 20 month old monkey, we have been ttc for number 2 since december 09, with no joy! I was on track with weight loss until my lo stopped feeding at 14months then it all went down hill! I'm 29 and weigh 12 stone 1 lb this is the heaviest i'v ever been, i feel i need to lose some of this weight before i go to see the doctor! I have just found out that my nana and also my mother(which i knew about) have under active thyroids. My nanas doctor told her to inform female relatives that it is hereditry. Does anyone no know if this could be interfering with my weight loss and ttc. Good luck everyone!!
  • ckmama
    Options
    Hey Ladies,...

The hospital thing you can wait until you are closer to delivery. That is like a fast track registration and so the hospital can see who's paying and what's covered. LOL. Classes I would sign up for are a basics of baby and breastfeeding (if you are going to do that).

Your first trimester will seem extremely slow. But it will go faster once you hit your second trimester. That is probably when you will start showing anywhere from 16-20 weeks. Some people don't show for a very long time. Your pants may start getting snugger during your first trimester though.

The feeling like something is wrong or will go wrong is normal during pregnancy. Try not to worry about anything. You'll see your doctor every 4-5 weeks unless there is a high risk situation. You probably won't have another ultrasound until around 20 weeks. Some do one at 12/13 weeks, but that is rare. It all depends on your insurance and your doctor. Then once you get into your 3rd trimester you'll go every 2 weeks and eventually every week.
  • ckmama
    Options
    Had our monthly appointment yesterday. I was supposed to get this cervical polyp removed, but they messed up and didn't schedule me for the procedure room. I was so annoyed because we waited for over 40 minutes in that waiting room to be taken back and told we were going to have to come back on Monday. The only thing the doctor did was a vaginal exam to determine that the polyp had in fact gotten bigger and find the heartbeat with his doppler, which my husband and I were able to do a couple of weeks ago. I wanted the darn thing out! It is bleeding so badly. Ugh. Anyway. So we are going back at 1 on Monday. Well I am at least. My husband took off to be with me yesterday and is still pretty new with his company. I don't know if he's going to be able to take off for me on Monday too.

I know this is a whiney post, but I've also been having trouble sleeping lately. I'm tired all the time, but I just can't seem to get comfortable. I put a pillow between my legs and beside my stomache and that seems to help, but all I end up doing is tossing and turning all night. I log in lots of hours in bed, but never feel fully rested when I get up. What's the deal?

I know that is aggrevating. I would have been dissapointed too not getting it done. But at least with it being on Monday if there are any complications the doc's office will be open during the week. My mom had a theory about getting procedures or medical testing done on Friday's and around holidays'. She had cancer treatment over 10 years and said she got the worst care when she went on those days.

My hubby is fairly new at his job too and will only be able to take off 1 day when I have the baby. He hasn't been able to go to any doctors appts and only was able to go to 1 U/S because I scheduled it late in the afternoon when he was off work.

It's okay to whine. you will get it taken care of Monday and all will be fine. Hope you get some rest.
  • AnneElise
    Options

Its okay to whine! Thats why we are here. That is very frustrating about your dr. I would have been so mad. I am sorry that you can't sleep. I have been really tired as well lately. I am not sure that I have any advice for you.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Brittony -- I've just started having the same sleep problem about 4 days ago. I toss & turn & wake up a zillion times & then in the morning I have all these weird aches & pains from sleeping in weird positions. I've tried using an extra pillow between my legs or behind my back but it doesn't seem to be helping. At this point I'm considering buying a pregnancy pillow to see if that helps at all. I really don't want to drop $50 on a stupid pillow though. Bah!

So, since I've started eating healthier & walking this week, I've lost 3 pounds since Monday. I'm really surprised but I'm glad because I gained way too much weight over the holidays. Now I'm at about 7 pounds gained since I've been pregnant. Still too much but I have no doubt it's under control now.

As far as showing goes, I'm 13 weeks and no one, not even really close friends or family, would ever guess I'm pregnant. I'm *just* starting to notice my abdomen sticking out a little. Especially when I'm lying on my back, there's a firm bump that won't go away even if I try to "suck it in." I think I looked more pregnant around 8-9 weeks than I do now because I was so very bloated then. But even though I'm not really showing yet my clothes have all gotten really tight so I'll be happily moving into maternity clothes the second they arrive in the mail today. :laugh:
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    It is cleaning day here, busy. I have several children ill w/ some kind of flu thing. They are so sick they are just staying in bed, it seems to be our second round of something, since Christmas.

Looks like we are in the process of starting another round of the stomach flu here since Thanksgiving. My 6 year old came home from school sick yesterday. She has a very high fever that I am having trouble breaking and started vomiting last night and cannot keep anything down.

I was giving her Children's Motrin but need to try something else because it isn't working on her fever. What do you use?
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    It is cleaning day here, busy. I have several children ill w/ some kind of flu thing. They are so sick they are just staying in bed, it seems to be our second round of something, since Christmas.

Looks like we are in the process of starting another round of the stomach flu here since Thanksgiving. My 6 year old came home from school sick yesterday. She has a very high fever that I am having trouble breaking and started vomiting last night and cannot keep anything down.

I was giving her Children's Motrin but need to try something else because it isn't working on her fever. What do you use?

I do nothing to reduce a fever. I don't even take temps. A fever is our body's mechanism for fighting the illness and serves a good purpose. I will offer ibuprofen if they are in a lot of pain or cannot sleep, otherwise elderberry syrup, vit d, peppermint tea and lots of love, baths too if they aren't really hot. Never acetaminophen! Try ginger tea for the vomiting and any liquid she can handle, juice, peppermint tea, 7-Up, whatever. My kids ate nothing for the two days each was sick, but had tea, water and juice. I hope your little one feels better soon. I only have 1-2 sick today, thank God. We have a sick calf now too though.
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello again still the same issue, still TTC Hopefully this will be my year I've been waiting for so long. I've lost the weight and keeping it off so now I'm just waiting to see what happens. DR. said if it don't happen she wants to send me to another DR. but I'm scared they will want to do vitro on me. I want to be a mommy but the thoughts of more than 2-3 at the same time I don't know if I can do it.

Thanks for the help.

Stacy
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Hey Ladies,...

I recall the extreme excitement of my first pregnancy. I think I had happy butterflies the whole time. I wish I had taken a pic of myself every week from the beginning. I would have loved to look back at them. I wish I had not got all the baby stuff together by 5 months, LOL. I wish I had bought mostly used baby things and saved more of the money not spent for after the birth. I also wish I had stayed home for my first birth. I wish I had rejected the overly medically managed pregnancy after we found out I was expecting twins, but continued my low key prenatal care.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Just get used to it. Don't expect to sleep much for the next 5 years at minimum :laugh:

I was so tired the other day at like 9:30 after having dozed on and off on the couch since getting off work at 7, and my 3 yr old was still going strong. I stuck him in his room and said - I don't care what you do so long as you stay in your room! - And I went to sleep! He put himself to bed sometime between then and when my husband got home from work around midnight.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Hello again still the same issue, still TTC Hopefully this will be my year I've been waiting for so long. I've lost the weight and keeping it off so now I'm just waiting to see what happens. DR. said if it don't happen she wants to send me to another DR. but I'm scared they will want to do vitro on me. I want to be a mommy but the thoughts of more than 2-3 at the same time I don't know if I can do it.

Thanks for the help.

Stacy

Are you charting your cycle?
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Brittony -- I've just started having the same sleep problem about 4 days ago. I toss & turn & wake up a zillion times & then in the morning I have all these weird aches & pains from sleeping in weird positions. I've tried using an extra pillow between my legs or behind my back but it doesn't seem to be helping. At this point I'm considering buying a pregnancy pillow to see if that helps at all. I really don't want to drop $50 on a stupid pillow though. Bah!

So, since I've started eating healthier & walking this week, I've lost 3 pounds since Monday. I'm really surprised but I'm glad because I gained way too much weight over the holidays. Now I'm at about 7 pounds gained since I've been pregnant. Still too much but I have no doubt it's under control now.

As far as showing goes, I'm 13 weeks and no one, not even really close friends or family, would ever guess I'm pregnant. I'm *just* starting to notice my abdomen sticking out a little. Especially when I'm lying on my back, there's a firm bump that won't go away even if I try to "suck it in." I think I looked more pregnant around 8-9 weeks than I do now because I was so very bloated then. But even though I'm not really showing yet my clothes have all gotten really tight so I'll be happily moving into maternity clothes the second they arrive in the mail today. :laugh:

I agree about the pregnancy pillow. I want one, but I really can't afford one. I think my parents got me a regular body pillow, so I'm holding out for that. Hope your sleep goes better. I know exactly what you're talking about with the aches and pains. I guess we're just going through a lot of changes and can't get comfortable. It's preparing us for when the baby gets here :)

It looks like I'm a week ahead of you and I can finally see something showing this week. No one would ever be able to tell I am pregnant yet, but I can definitely see the bump. I have been wearing my normal jeans up until this week, but finally had to put a ponytail holder through the button hole on Wednesday. I'm trying to stay in my jeans as long as possible with that trick and maybe a belly band later on. My friend made the point that as soon as you start wearing the maternity pants, you give other parts of your body the freedom to fill them in. I'd like to pay attention to my thighs and butt a little longer to make sure they don't get huge without my noticing it.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning. Happy to find that despite eating a decent amount of crap (though in moderation) and severely overeating a few days last week due to being STARVING even after eating a full meal I am actually at the same weight as the end of December. Give or take a lb or two for fluctuation. I was up 5 right after New Year's and had to weigh in at the Drs like 2 days later with my "sodium weight". I didn't eat anything but some PB Toast last night though, so I am sure that skewed my weight a little low this morning.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,...

I am a first time mom too. When I first found out I was pregnant I was so excited, and nervous. But then before I had my first appointment I got so scared that the doctor would tell me that I am not really pregnant. I was afraid that I wanted it so bad that maybe it was all in my head. I still worry about every little thing. I just want my baby to be healthy. And getting my first ultrasound was the most amazing thing ever. I cannot think of an experience that tops that. I am really lucky that every time I have a doctor's apt. I get an ultrasound. I hear of some people who only get a couple the whole pregnancy. That why I like to go to the dr. I like to see my baby and how he or she is doing. :) Anyway, on the showing part, I have no idea. I am 13 weeks and I am not showing at all. I have actually lost weight. My doctor did tell me that I would probably show a little later because my uterus is very tilted. I am kind of glad. I want to fit in my normal clothes as long as I can. Best of luck to you. It is a very exciting time.