Pregnancy 2011 - January

Options

Replies

• joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Hi Ladies

Just popping in to say hello- live from Maui!

We have been here for a week, and I am sooo glad to be here as there is a huuuuge blizzard happening at home at the moment!

Have been feeling well, just no time to log in because we have been on the beach, etc. Have not eaten too well (ie ice cream everyday!) but that's ok, I'm on probably the last holiday I will ever go on until my children are grown!

Hope everyone is well!

xo rachel
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Normally I think it would be crazy to let my MIL be there when I have my baby. But I love my MIL to death. She is amazing. Plus she knows everything about babies. She has worked in the medical field forever and she teaches birthing classes. I think she would be more helpful and nurturing than my own mother. LOL So I decided my husband (of course), my mom and mother-in-law. And that is it.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Normally I think it would be crazy to let my MIL be there when I have my baby. But I love my MIL to death. She is amazing. Plus she knows everything about babies. She has worked in the medical field forever and she teaches birthing classes. I think she would be more helpful and nurturing than my own mother. LOL So I decided my husband (of course), my mom and mother-in-law. And that is it.

Don't get me wrong I have the best MIL in the world and mom in the world. I actually considered having my MIL in the room but that went out the window when my contractions started. I wanted no one but my husband.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    My kids want to see their sister be born but 1) the hospital wont allow it and 2) hubby thinks its too graphic for them to see. He only lets them watch the videos afterwards.

Oh no! No cameras allowed anywhere near the room! LOL :laugh: Eveyone looks at the photo of me with my son in his baby book and are like - you look SO great! I'm thinking ... yep - it's 3 days later and I have showered and am in my own shirt. :laugh: I am totally fine with NO photos of me in or right after labor and absolutely NO video!! I don't like how newborns look anyway so I don't mind not having any photos for a few days! Maybe 1 of just the baby to officially have a "first photo" to send the grandmas but that's all.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    AnneElise -- I'm definitely enjoying the snow day, too. I even woke up earlier than I would have for work just to sit on my porch & watch the snow fall while sipping hot chocolate. :laugh:

With the snow day today & possibly another one tomorrow, it makes the week go by so much faster for me. I have a 3 day weekend next weekend too because of the holiday next Monday so that makes next week faster as well. My sex determ. ultrasound is in just 2 weeks & with those weeks being short work weeks, the time is going to go by so much faster.

Are you in education HR that you close for snow? I have never heard of anything but schools closing for snow unless it's like 2 feet and literally stops transportation. I live in Nashville so schools close but businesses don't - but everyone crashes trying to get to work since they can't drive in snow. I almost miss commuting on these days! I don't want to drive with the crazies, but I sort of liked seeing them all slide off the road :laugh: I grew up in Chicago so snow - what snow? It hasn't "snowed" here yet! (a couple inches twice a year barely counts!)

No, I work for state government. But pretty much everything around here is closed today, even the mall! I live in Columbia, South Carolina and we have like 2 snow plows for the entire county. :tongue: So, that's why everything shuts down -- DOT isn't equipped to deal with it when it happens (and it doesn't makes economic sense to be equipped for something that happens just once every few years).
    Though this is the 3rd time we've had significant snowfall in the last 11 months. It's funny, I've seen more snow this year here than I have in the 8 other years I've lived here combined. We got a good 6-7" of snow with about 1/2" ice to top it off so I'm likely to be out of work tomorrow, too. At best (er, worst), I bet we'll go in at 1pm.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    AnneElise -- I'm definitely enjoying the snow day, too. I even woke up earlier than I would have for work just to sit on my porch & watch the snow fall while sipping hot chocolate. :laugh:

With the snow day today & possibly another one tomorrow, it makes the week go by so much faster for me. I have a 3 day weekend next weekend too because of the holiday next Monday so that makes next week faster as well. My sex determ. ultrasound is in just 2 weeks & with those weeks being short work weeks, the time is going to go by so much faster.

Are you in education HR that you close for snow? I have never heard of anything but schools closing for snow unless it's like 2 feet and literally stops transportation. I live in Nashville so schools close but businesses don't - but everyone crashes trying to get to work since they can't drive in snow. I almost miss commuting on these days! I don't want to drive with the crazies, but I sort of liked seeing them all slide off the road :laugh: I grew up in Chicago so snow - what snow? It hasn't "snowed" here yet! (a couple inches twice a year barely counts!)

No, I work for state government. But pretty much everything around here is closed today, even the mall! I live in Columbia, South Carolina and we have like 2 snow plows for the entire county. :tongue: So, that's why everything shuts down -- DOT isn't equipped to deal with it when it happens (and it doesn't makes economic sense to be equipped for something that happens just once every few years).
    Though this is the 3rd time we've had significant snowfall in the last 11 months. It's funny, I've seen more snow this year here than I have in the 8 other years I've lived here combined. We got a good 6-7" of snow with about 1/2" ice to top it off so I'm likely to be out of work tomorrow, too. At best (er, worst), I bet we'll go in at 1pm.

There are 7 plows in all the Nashville area! Though they may have gotten another or two in the last few yrs. I don't think I have ever seen one out here though in the 1/2 suburban / 1/2 country area. Mostly just trucks with plows. I don't know that businesses close though, maybe some small retail locals if mgt can't make it in. Hmmm... I wonder if any businesses (other than schools and gyms) do close. My boss closes for NOTHING (and I mean nothing!) so, I think I have a different look at how the "real world" works than it really does :laugh:
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    my sister lives in Syracuse. I think it was early/mid December when they had that big storm. it snowed for 2 weeks! at the end of the 2 weeks, they had SEVEN FEET of snow!!!!!! We don't even have that much in CANADA! ROFL!

I chose to have a mid wife for my first, but I choose to deliver in the hospital. I had my mid wife, my doula (my friend in training) and my DH. I had wanted my mom, but some nosy nurse said, "oh honey, you don't want your mom seeing you in discomfort"

then, my labor stalled and Emma's heart rate started to decelerate and (and other complications) so I was rushed into an emergency c-sect. i didn't get to see my mom until after. she got to stand outside the door to listen for baby's first cry. DH was right beside me during c-sect. but no cameras aloud. :(

I tried to have a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-sect) for Patrick. once again, labor stalled and baby's heart rate started to decelerate. so c-sect again, but my mom and DH were with me in the labor room until c-sect. then, only DH got to attend the c-sect.

I asked my OB if I could try for a VBA2C and he said "No FREAKING way!" :ohwell:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

I'm the same way. I liked having my mommy there, whenever I get sick. But she passed away 2 years ago, so My sister is supposed to come in for my section this time, we'll see.

I have a friend whose kids come in for every "natural birth" they even sleep on the floor at night at the hospital. She has 6. I'm surprised the hospital allows them to stay over night though.

You were lucky to have a mom like that. I don't want my mom b/c she is not helpful or nurturing.

On a day to day basis my mom is not either, buy when push comes to shove she is good. Atleast we have 2 chances in life for a mother / child relationship. Your second will be much more nuturing.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    My kids want to see their sister be born but 1) the hospital wont allow it and 2) hubby thinks its too graphic for them to see. He only lets them watch the videos afterwards.

Oh no! No cameras allowed anywhere near the room! LOL :laugh: Eveyone looks at the photo of me with my son in his baby book and are like - you look SO great! I'm thinking ... yep - it's 3 days later and I have showered and am in my own shirt. :laugh: I am totally fine with NO photos of me in or right after labor and absolutely NO video!! I don't like how newborns look anyway so I don't mind not having any photos for a few days! Maybe 1 of just the baby to officially have a "first photo" to send the grandmas but that's all.

Nope dh is quite annoying working both the video and digital camera at once. I dont mind the recording because I like to look back. I am a sentimental sap but when he talks to me I say not so nice things as proven in the videos :laugh: I will make sure that he does not talk to me this time with that thing in his hand because I will threaten again to kick him out of the room. Maybe he will take me serious this time.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Not feeling so hot today, even though on hoidays. Have spent the whole day laying in bed. Feeling full all the time! It's quite annoying.
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    For both my kids' births, it was just my hubby and I. I'm glad we did it that way and will do it that way with this baby.

My mother and my MIL are coming from out of town for the sex u/s. I figured I'd throw them a bone & invite them since I'm soooooo not allowing either of them in the room during the birth. :tongue:
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, thanks for sharing your starting to show experiences. So far, I can still wear my regular clothes although my size 8 (which I just got start wearing not that long ago!!) are getting a wee bit snug. Going to hold off on maternity for a while longer.

As for cameras and videos in labor and delivery, it is allowed after the birth. Our hospital doesn't want to get sued, so no live birth videos. My hubby was able to get video our kids when they were getting weighed and checked right after birth. Both of them had a head full of black hair. :heart: I wonder if this one will too. Awww, feeling a little emotional now. lol
  • pmoore1225
    Options
    Wow! this is awesome. My husband and I have been TTC since Aug. of 09. My husband is getting insuarnce through is job in March, So we are holding off TTC until then, so in the meantime. I started a gym yesterday and started taking vitamins and eating better! So what a nice thread to have whilst doing all this.

Currently I weigh 197lbs and im 5'4. So im hoping to get down to a healthy weight, im not shooting for an exact number, just want to be healthy.

Enjoy and thank you!!
  • beautifullyjaded
    Options
    im so glad ifound this thread!!! i know its a late start in it (12 pages WOW!!) but my name is alicia i have a crazy smary funny three year old i run after and i am currently pregnant with our second and im due in june! i am trying to stay fit and active trying to continue going to the gym. im stlil overweight i ahve about 60-75 lbs id like to lose and i have talked to my midwife and i can safely gain no weight the baby can just pull from me. so thats my goal!!!! stay active not gain and eat right. i didnt up my calories at all im stickin with what ive got wich honestly if i only eat when im hungry and im eating the right kinda foods it seems to be enough, altho i admit a whopper junior dose slip past my lips now and again but the way i see it is if thats all im eating for lunch im ok, PLUS that genrally fills me up quite nicely too haha. anyways im glad i saw this thread its nice to know there are other preggo ladies or tttc ladies out there who still are wanting to be fit, i felt a little alone for a while which makes it hard. I am currently 5'8" and 214 lbs!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    annoyed to get to the gym this morning to find it closed :grumble:. Especially after going to sleep late and being really tired. I could have slept in over 2 extra hours.The kicker is - it's because of about 1 inch of melting snow from YESTERDAY! The roads aren't even icy - it's 34 degrees out. Ah well, I needed diapers and to return the RedBox movie hubby rented over 2 weeks ago and forgot about :explode: and won't be going back out since - whatdayaknow - schools are closed too. :grumble:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Checking in! Weighed in yesterday morning at 171.0, which puts me at 4 pounds gained thus far. As far as my 8000 calories burned in January goal goes, I have currently burned 2512 calories. Only 5488 calories to go!

I definitely don't want anyone but my husband in the room when the time comes. I just don't have that kind of a relationship with anyone but him. Plus I kind of look at it as a private moment between husband and wife, where he can support me and we can both meet our child for the first time with no interference. Of course that is just my personal preference. I think I'll hold off on pictures and video until after the baby comes out. Maybe my husband can go over when the baby is getting cleaned off and snap a few "brand new baby" shots.

We are getting so close to the date we find out the sex! I think it will end up being in the beginning of February. I guess I'll know for sure after today's appointment. Was supposed to go in for the polyp removal yesterday, but the office was closed due to snow. Just got a phonecall rescheduling for 1 today. Boy will I be glad to not have to say that word again for a long time! It's kind of a gross word :wink:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I'm the same way. I liked having my mommy there, whenever I get sick. But she passed away 2 years ago, so My sister is supposed to come in for my section this time, we'll see.

I have a friend whose kids come in for every "natural birth" they even sleep on the floor at night at the hospital. She has 6. I'm surprised the hospital allows them to stay over night though.

You were lucky to have a mom like that. I don't want my mom b/c she is not helpful or nurturing.

On a day to day basis my mom is not either, buy when push comes to shove she is good. Atleast we have 2 chances in life for a mother / child relationship. Your second will be much more nuturing.

my mom was the same way. it just depended on the day
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Checking in! Weighed in yesterday morning at 171.0, which puts me at 4 pounds gained thus far. As far as my 8000 calories burned in January goal goes, I have currently burned 2512 calories. Only 5488 calories to go!

Great job! Currently I am at 3145 calories burned for the month so I have 4855 left to go. I am hoping to burn more than the 8000 calories. I need to step it up because my nightly routine of a chocolate shake and a cup of hot chocolate (with two packets of powder) is catching up to me. 4 days and a 1/2 gallon of ice cream later I am up a few pounds. Oh the insanity! :tongue: In the beginning I had no appetite. Boy oh boy has that changed. My last baby was 9lb 4ozs and I think this little guy wants to beat his brother in the weight department.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    :weight check in today was 31 lbs gained since week 4, on the high side but it hasn't moved but 3 lbs this month.

I have my next appt. Thursday, they are doing another 1 hour ggt test. I did the last 1 hour and 3 hour at 20 weeks, passed both. So I really don't want to do another one, but I will. No biggie.:drinker:

I think once I see her Thursday I move to seeing her every 2 weeks. I'll be less than 12 weeks out at that point. I couldn't quite remember when they move to that point.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I think I will have my Hubby and either my mom or my sister in the room with me. Everyone has a different preferance. I was playing games with my sister and her husband and was going to leave when it was go time but she was in so much pain and Chris (her husband) looked at me and was like, you should stay. He was by her side holding her hand and I was getting the cool washclothes and running the errand.

We are getting more snow right now... we got freezing rain last night... so we are almost at 9 inches. Everything is still shut down around here!