Pregnancy 2011 - January

Options

Replies

• brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Checking in! Weighed in yesterday morning at 171.0, which puts me at 4 pounds gained thus far. As far as my 8000 calories burned in January goal goes, I have currently burned 2512 calories. Only 5488 calories to go!

Great job! Currently I am at 3145 calories burned for the month so I have 4855 left to go. I am hoping to burn more than the 8000 calories. I need to step it up because my nightly routine of a chocolate shake and a cup of hot chocolate (with two packets of powder) is catching up to me. 4 days and a 1/2 gallon of ice cream later I am up a few pounds. Oh the insanity! :tongue: In the beginning I had no appetite. Boy oh boy has that changed. My last baby was 9lb 4ozs and I think this little guy wants to beat his brother in the weight department.

Awesome!! I hope to burn more than 8000 too, but we'll see.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

I'm the same way. I liked having my mommy there, whenever I get sick. But she passed away 2 years ago, so My sister is supposed to come in for my section this time, we'll see.

I have a friend whose kids come in for every "natural birth" they even sleep on the floor at night at the hospital. She has 6. I'm surprised the hospital allows them to stay over night though.

You were lucky to have a mom like that. I don't want my mom b/c she is not helpful or nurturing.

On a day to day basis my mom is not either, buy when push comes to shove she is good. Atleast we have 2 chances in life for a mother / child relationship. Your second will be much more nuturing.

my mom was the same way. it just depended on the day

Lucky for me I have very close family near by so I will have the boys covered. It kinda sucks because spring break is late this year, I was hoping I could have the baby at that time but it is not likely that I will hold her in an extra 8 days when I havent even been able to hold them in til their due dates. When I had #2 I was ready to leave the hospital 12 hours later, I had never been away from my then 3 year old. I have had some time to practice since they will be 7 on March 24 and 4 on April 9 (Brooklynn is due April 10 :laugh: ) I will definately not rush to get them home, at $300 a day I do want to spend no more than 1 day in the hospital, I will be getting a tubal ligation so hopefully that doesn't require an additional day. I have my class for that this morning so I am sure I will find out all about it. So far all I know is that as long as I have a vaginal birth the will cut a small incision above my belly button
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen the show, I didn't know I was pregnant? I am watching it for the first time (on my snow day). It is so crazy. whew.
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this. Have a few questions. What does DH mean? I see a lot of you reference your husbands (I assume) with that.

My husband and I are going to do IVF in April so I'm trying to get healthy and gain some muscle before then and drop a few pounds. We've been working hard core the past 3 weeks, working out every day. I rotate between cardio, I started running for the first time in my life. :) and doing weights, my muscles have never been on fire 24/7 ever in my life. This was the same time that I started my prenatal pills and I've gained weight rather than lose. Did anyone gain weight started the prenatal pills? I had slacked off logging my food for a while so I started again to see if it's my food intake? Not sure what's going on but it's super frustrating. I have NEVER worked out this hard in my life so my pants shouldn't be getting tighter....right???
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this. Have a few questions. What does DH mean? I see a lot of you reference your husbands (I assume) with that.

It means Dear Husband, Dear Daughter, Dear Son etc. I don't use them. Personally I hate them and they make me gag. :laugh: I would never refer to anyone in my family as "dear", I prefer better adjectives like "annoying" "loud" "crazy" etc, but people wouldn't have any idea if I put "AH" or "CS" :laugh:
  • Jessica_Lo
    Options

It means Dear Husband, Dear Daughter, Dear Son etc. I don't use them. Personally I hate them and they make me gag. :laugh: I would never refer to anyone in my family as "dear", I prefer better adjectives like "annoying" "loud" "crazy" etc, but people wouldn't have any idea if I put "AH" or "CS" :laugh:

LMAO. I'm with ya...that sounds lame. Maybe we should start our own. :)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    jmlowry -- dh means "dear husband" or maybe "d*** husband" in some cases. :wink:

As far as you gaining weight -- I'm betting it's not from prenatal vitamins (is that what you mean by "prenatal pills?") but from all that working out! When you first start a new more intense exercise routine, your muscles retain tons of water (which they use in the process of repairing themselves). So, you can gain not only pounds, but also inches. As soon as your body begins to adjust to the new routine a little more, your muscles will begin releasing the water (which means you'll drop weight & inches). So no worries, it's normal & if you keep it up, you'll being seeing results.

The office was closed again today so I'm on snow day #2. Beginning to go a little stir crazy in the house though. I played in the snow with the dogs yesterday but today it's way too icy for me to risk stepping outside & falling (I'm less than graceful to begin with so when ice is added to the equation it can pretty much only end in disaster :laugh:). I'm scheduled at my part time job tonight (delivering pizzas) and I'll seriously be telling them to shove it if they're open. :laugh: I'm really not risking my life & the life of my unborn in order to bring some ungrateful schmuck their dinner on a ton of ice. My experience is that even if the roads are clear enough, most customers are waaayyyyy too lazy & inconsiderate to de-ice their walkways & stairs. :grumble: Not gonna do it.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Weighed in yesterday, and I am up 12 lbs in 24 weeks. That is a bit frightening to me, and I really need to slow this weight gain down! It is weird though, because I honestly am eatting less and probably better than I was before I got prego.

We have decided that it will be just hubby and I in the delivery room. My family lives 6 hours away, and will come once the little guy is born. My husbands family is prety much out of the picture, but we may see them in late June/July when we fly to Minnesota to see other family and friends. I really don't know if I could handle having others in the room with me. I was nervous when I had to change into a gown in front of the husband for a Dr. appt. I know, crazy, but it was really awkward!

We are supposed to get the "southern snow" tonight into tomororw. They are saying 8-10 inches and then lake effect which could bring another 5-8 inches, which will be fun to drive in to get to my Dr. appt tomorrow. Good thing my hubby bought me a new SUV!
  • Jessica_Lo
    Options
    As far as you gaining weight -- I'm betting it's not from prenatal vitamins (is that what you mean by "prenatal pills?") but from all that working out! When you first start a new more intense exercise routine, your muscles retain tons of water (which they use in the process of repairing themselves). So, you can gain not only pounds, but also inches. As soon as your body begins to adjust to the new routine a little more, your muscles will begin releasing the water (which means you'll drop weight & inches). So no worries, it's normal & if you keep it up, you'll being seeing results.

I did mean the prenatal vitamis. At this point I'm looking for something to blame. lol I just read that online!!! I hope that's the case. Thanks. :smile:
  • AnneElise
    Options
    I didn't gain any weight from prenatal vitamins.

So my family and friends in Michigan want to give me a shower. I have been trying to figure out when and I think the only time that works for me is at 21 weeks. Is that too early? My sister said she thinks its okay. I just don't have any time off except that point or when I am 7.5 months pregnant and I don't want to travel 10 hrs that pregnant. Does it really matter when you have your showers? Or just when you are comfortable?
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

So my family and friends in Michigan want to give me a shower. I have been trying to figure out when and I think the only time that works for me is at 21 weeks. Is that too early? My sister said she thinks its okay. I just don't have any time off except that point or when I am 7.5 months pregnant and I don't want to travel 10 hrs that pregnant. Does it really matter when you have your showers? Or just when you are comfortable?

Most people wait until months 7 and 8 for showers. I might would wait, only because you will be showing more the further along you get. I went on a 18 hour drive when I was 7 months last time. I took several breaks and it worked out fine. It really is a personal decision. I guess it depends on how you feel at that point. I'm in my 7th month and I could travel with breaks every 3 hours or so. I don't feel much different now than I did at 21 weeks. But my belly is much larger.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    but remember too, your doctor might not let/or want you to travel after some point. It all depends on your pregancy and if you are having any issues.
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am soo behind on life! Even just reading up on the posts I'm way behind.
    I must say, I have been completely EXHAUSTED! I am just looking forward to the 2nd trimester here in another week and hoping my energy levels increase. This past weekend my hubby and the kids and I decided to just rent movies all day. I fell asleep during every single one! I also think it would help if I could go walking, but it is 10 degrees outside right now and a foot of snow with inches of ice everywhere. So I am doing Chalene Extreme in my house every morning, but I would like more cardio. I can't wait till Spring!
    My work also blocked MyFitnessPal website :grumble: That made me a little frustrated because that was the only time I actually had time to get on here. I'll try and make more time everyday though!
    Hope everyone else is having an awesome day :flowerforyou:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    but remember too, your doctor might not let/or want you to travel after some point. It all depends on your pregancy and if you are having any issues.

My inlaws took us on a cruise to AK (my only real vacation for the last (and next!) 10 yrs!) around 7.5 month with my last. The cruise doesn't take you after a certain pt and you have to have a drs letter if pregnant. My MIL fabricated a bunch of paperwork from a false Drs office and turned it all in with our cruise paperwork :laugh: saying I was 6 weeks earlier than I was. I also drove up to Chicago (from TN) for my shower around 8 mos. Probably no travling with this one. I have nowhere to go. :ohwell:

Side note, I didn't think it was customary to have baby showers for any but the first. I am surprised to see how many people do it. I don't much care for them except I really needed it with my first since we were dirt broke.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Side note, I didn't think it was customary to have baby showers for any but the first. I am surprised to see how many people do it. I don't much care for them except I really needed it with my first since we were dirt broke.

I agree, I always thought showers were (and should be) just for the first baby. My friends wanted to throw me a shower for my third since he was a boy (my first two are girls) but I said "no thank you." One of my good friends who had her third baby in October was also given a surprise shower. Had to be a surprise, otherwise she would have said no too. I am not a fan of baby showers either.
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i read somewhere that years ago, showers were only for first born, or if there was a lot of years in between the last baby, and the new baby. it also makes sense that if you only had girls, and knew you are having a boy that another shower is ok..

also in this article it said that today, it's more common that people have showers for every baby or smaller events called "sprinkles" for additional babies.

I had 3 showers for my first baby. my MIL threw one, and only invited my mom and aunt. then my mom threw one with all my aunts and great aunts and cousins... (can you tell i have a "small" italian family?" (JK)

then, my dh's friends threw a little party after Emma was born. I was SPOILED! :)

I didn't have a shower or sprinkle for my 2nd baby. most all I got from my previous showers were unisex, so I was set... and close family and friends sent me a "welcome to the world" outfit after Patrick was born. :)

I am not expecting any showers/sprinkles for the birth of my next child. I still have a few things that i didn't lend to my sisters. and I'll probably get lots back when they're done. if someone wants to plan something, i'm ok being the centre of attention. :D
  • AnneElise
    Options
    This is my first, I think everyone would be really sad if I sad I didn't want a shower. I am the first of my friends to have a baby. I don't mind traditional baby showers but its really fun to get together and celebrate with friends. We did one with my sister where everyone brough a book for the baby instead of a gift and we didn't play any of the "baby shower games" but had like a BBQ. It was really fun. My sister said that was the thing about doing it early, my belly may not be as big but I don't think they will care too much about that. We are going to the beach with friends for a week in early June when I am right at 7 months. After 8 months my insurance won't cover hopspital expenses if you travel and have the baby (wierd I know).
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Has anyone seen the show, I didn't know I was pregnant? I am watching it for the first time (on my snow day). It is so crazy. whew.

I think it is crazy, I have never been pregnant and not known it. My boss' wife was 7 months when she found out about their first but she did weight like 400lbs so she didn't look any different.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

Just do it, that is a long drive for a pregnant woman and as you enter your last trimester you will in no way be comfortable doing anything let alone driving 10 hrs. Its family anyways so they will all understand.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

My inlaws took us on a cruise to AK (my only real vacation for the last (and next!) 10 yrs!) around 7.5 month with my last. The cruise doesn't take you after a certain pt and you have to have a drs letter if pregnant. My MIL fabricated a bunch of paperwork from a false Drs office and turned it all in with our cruise paperwork :laugh: saying I was 6 weeks earlier than I was. I also drove up to Chicago (from TN) for my shower around 8 mos. Probably no travling with this one. I have nowhere to go. :ohwell:

We have to have a shower, this is our first girl and with our super limited income we will have NOTHING if not for the shower. I love getting gifts for the baby and the boys have had a blast creating the baby registries. They LOVE to be involved with everything for their sister. They will be the ones opening the presents too because I do not like that part.