Pregnancy 2011 - January

Options

Replies

• dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I do nothing to reduce a fever. I don't even take temps. A fever is our body's mechanism for fighting the illness and serves a good purpose. I will offer ibuprofen if they are in a lot of pain or cannot sleep, otherwise elderberry syrup, vit d, peppermint tea and lots of love, baths too if they aren't really hot. Never acetaminophen! Try ginger tea for the vomiting and any liquid she can handle, juice, peppermint tea, 7-Up, whatever. My kids ate nothing for the two days each was sick, but had tea, water and juice. I hope your little one feels better soon. I only have 1-2 sick today, thank God. We have a sick calf now too though.

Thank you for the ideas. Hopefully your household is all better soon as well. Sorry to hear about your calf :( I love animals. Any news on the farm you were wanting to purchase (I thought you had mentioned that awhile back maybe I am crazy)? How many animals do you have?
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

I am a first time mom too. When I first found out I was pregnant I was so excited, and nervous. But then before I had my first appointment I got so scared that the doctor would tell me that I am not really pregnant. I was afraid that I wanted it so bad that maybe it was all in my head. I still worry about every little thing. I just want my baby to be healthy. And getting my first ultrasound was the most amazing thing ever. I cannot think of an experience that tops that. I am really lucky that every time I have a doctor's apt. I get an ultrasound. I hear of some people who only get a couple the whole pregnancy. That why I like to go to the dr. I like to see my baby and how he or she is doing. :) Anyway, on the showing part, I have no idea. I am 13 weeks and I am not showing at all. I have actually lost weight. My doctor did tell me that I would probably show a little later because my uterus is very tilted. I am kind of glad. I want to fit in my normal clothes as long as I can. Best of luck to you. It is a very exciting time.

its so funny that you say you thought the dr. would tell you that you wern't really pregnant. I really thought that was true my first dr. apt. too. I was so sure I was going to go in there and they would say, you are crazy. :D
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello again still the same issue, still TTC Hopefully this will be my year I've been waiting for so long. I've lost the weight and keeping it off so now I'm just waiting to see what happens. DR. said if it don't happen she wants to send me to another DR. but I'm scared they will want to do vitro on me. I want to be a mommy but the thoughts of more than 2-3 at the same time I don't know if I can do it.

Thanks for the help.

Stacy

Are you charting your cycle?

Yes I am and I am also use the OV-watch. Since the DR. put me on Metformin I've been right on the same time every month. She also had me on Clomiphene but took me off after 5 months because the blood-work results were so high and good that she said we should just wait and see what happens. I just don't know what else to do any advise would be great.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Had our monthly appointment yesterday. I was supposed to get this cervical polyp removed, but they messed up and didn't schedule me for the procedure room. I was so annoyed because we waited for over 40 minutes in that waiting room to be taken back and told we were going to have to come back on Monday. The only thing the doctor did was a vaginal exam to determine that the polyp had in fact gotten bigger and find the heartbeat with his doppler, which my husband and I were able to do a couple of weeks ago. I wanted the darn thing out! It is bleeding so badly. Ugh. Anyway. So we are going back at 1 on Monday. Well I am at least. My husband took off to be with me yesterday and is still pretty new with his company. I don't know if he's going to be able to take off for me on Monday too.

I know this is a whiney post, but I've also been having trouble sleeping lately. I'm tired all the time, but I just can't seem to get comfortable. I put a pillow between my legs and beside my stomache and that seems to help, but all I end up doing is tossing and turning all night. I log in lots of hours in bed, but never feel fully rested when I get up. What's the deal?

Its only gonna get worse, I have not had a good night sleep in months and I am getting bigger and bigger so I can't get comfy. I try to take a nap during the day with my 3 year old. Usually an hour or so gets us through the rest of our day.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay in my jeans as long as possible with that trick and maybe a belly band later on. My friend made the point that as soon as you start wearing the maternity pants, you give other parts of your body the freedom to fill them in. I'd like to pay attention to my thighs and butt a little longer to make sure they don't get huge without my noticing it.

This was so my problem last time. Why can't they make maternity jeans tight in the butt and legs like other pants and just elastic in the waist? I brought home 5 pairs from the "community" "fat clothes" bin that circulates my friends and family and am going to find the tightest pair to wear once I give in in a month or so!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I try to take a nap during the day with my 3 year old. Usually an hour or so gets us through the rest of our day.

My 3 yr old gave up napping over a year ago :ohwell: I don't know how he makes it 8a - 11p so consistently, but it is nice that some mornings he sleeps until 9 or 10! :happy:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    It is cleaning day here, busy. I have several children ill w/ some kind of flu thing. They are so sick they are just staying in bed, it seems to be our second round of something, since Christmas.

Looks like we are in the process of starting another round of the stomach flu here since Thanksgiving. My 6 year old came home from school sick yesterday. She has a very high fever that I am having trouble breaking and started vomiting last night and cannot keep anything down.

I was giving her Children's Motrin but need to try something else because it isn't working on her fever. What do you use?

I alternate tylenol and motrin every 4 hours. We do clear fluids only. We also do luke warm baths, not cool, not warm. And light clothing. I take a fever wtih vomitting very serious. Kids can dehydrate so fast.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Thank you for the ideas. Hopefully your household is all better soon as well. Sorry to hear about your calf :( I love animals. Any news on the farm you were wanting to purchase (I thought you had mentioned that awhile back maybe I am crazy)? How many animals do you have?

We finally have a signed, accepted offer Friday. We have been working on moving and buying a house since last May. On our third house, second round w/ this house. Praying like crazy this all comes through. We have a horse, milking cow, two calves, two pigs, milking goat, and many chickens as livestock. We also have three cats and one dog.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Yes I am and I am also use the OV-watch. Since the DR. put me on Metformin I've been right on the same time every month. She also had me on Clomiphene but took me off after 5 months because the blood-work results were so high and good that she said we should just wait and see what happens. I just don't know what else to do any advise would be great.
    Ok, tell me how long you have been TTC, how many cycles you have charted and all about your cycles. Length, luteal phase length, temps, mucous.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    I'm trying to stay in my jeans as long as possible with that trick and maybe a belly band later on. My friend made the point that as soon as you start wearing the maternity pants, you give other parts of your body the freedom to fill them in. I'd like to pay attention to my thighs and butt a little longer to make sure they don't get huge without my noticing it.

This was so my problem last time. Why can't they make maternity jeans tight in the butt and legs like other pants and just elastic in the waist? I brought home 5 pairs from the "community" "fat clothes" bin that circulates my friends and family and am going to find the tightest pair to wear once I give in in a month or so!

I am finding that at Gap, loving their maternity jeans right now. I am in a 12. I am more a 14, but these are tight and let me know I if I have over done it. I have been scouring baby/mama resale shops for them. I just scored a $50 Gap gift card through mypoints and redeeming that now.
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I just found this board today and was totally excited. One of my primary reasons for dropping some pounds was because my husband and I are going to start TTC this year! I started trying to lose weight starting in July and have been pretty successful. I still have some pounds to go. I want my BMI to say "normal" and not "overweight" before I get pregnant. So, I've started charting my cycle and am continuing on my weight-loss journey for a healthy life. We plan to start TTC in March!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I try to take a nap during the day with my 3 year old. Usually an hour or so gets us through the rest of our day.

My 3 yr old gave up napping over a year ago :ohwell: I don't know how he makes it 8a - 11p so consistently, but it is nice that some mornings he sleeps until 9 or 10! :happy:

He wakes up between 6 and 7 and he never wants to take a nap unless I tell him he can go to sleep or he can go clean his room.
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    OMG, i've been away a day and there are 5 pages of news to read?! wow!

just to update everyone...

I am physically feeling so much better. Friday was very difficult for me. my pain started Thursday night, i could barely sleep. i woke up in excruciating pain. and it stayed consistently and peaked in intensity for the entire day up until Saturday morning. I barely slept again last night. two Tylenol 3's (w codeine) didn't even help. I was feeling worse than I had been on Thursday.
    Since my DH had to work 4pm-2am, I packed my 2 kids up and spent Friday night with my in laws. MIL took care of me and my children. I was getting very scared and worried, and was actually packing Saturday morning to go to the hospital again..

(warning: sorry, tmi)
    it ended up that I hadn't "expelled" everything and once I was able to do that today, (late morning) i felt better, almost instantly.

I feel like a new person. I'm still a bit sensitive, and nauseous, but HUGELY better! Now I feel like I am on the road to recovery again. *phew*
    and I am back home tonight. :)

thank you so much for your friendship. I know I can count on you for advice, support and compassion. I am so glad to have this place to come to. I'm so glad to know all you wonderful ladies.

Now I can get back to taking care of me, loose some more weight, and prepare myself for TTC again, when I get the OK from my dr. :D

now, i'm off to read everything that's happened!
  • carina73
    Options
    SO...now what?!...What do i do?..What do i not eat? When will i start showing? The doctors office gave me this hole bag of books, papers, class's that i can take...i just feel so over whelmed. I dont want to do this wrong!...
    Thanks for everything Ladies :)
    Lisak22
    CONGRATS! :flowerforyou:

I mentioned already to someone else, that I registered online@ www.babycenter.com and www.babyzone.com. you can choose which one you like better. there may be others that I don't know about, that you like better too... the reason I like these places is b/c they have info on what to expect during which week of your pregnancy you are, how big your baby is, what it's accomplished, and pic's of what it might look like. there's LOTS of info @ these types of sites. :happy:
    HTH.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let ya'll know that Old Navy is having a Maternity clothes sale online. It looks like a good sale.

I'm only 12 weeks or less out. I'm not buying anymore. What I have will have to do.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    OMG, i've been away a day and there are 5 pages of news to read?! wow!

just to update everyone...

I am physically feeling so much better. Friday was very difficult for me. my pain started Thursday night, i could barely sleep. i woke up in excruciating pain. and it stayed consistently and peaked in intensity for the entire day up until Saturday morning. I barely slept again last night. two Tylenol 3's (w codeine) didn't even help. I was feeling worse than I had been on Thursday.
    Since my DH had to work 4pm-2am, I packed my 2 kids up and spent Friday night with my in laws. MIL took care of me and my children. I was getting very scared and worried, and was actually packing Saturday morning to go to the hospital again..

(warning: sorry, tmi)
    it ended up that I hadn't "expelled" everything and once I was able to do that today, (late morning) i felt better, almost instantly.

I feel like a new person. I'm still a bit sensitive, and nauseous, but HUGELY better! Now I feel like I am on the road to recovery again. *phew*
    and I am back home tonight. :)

thank you so much for your friendship. I know I can count on you for advice, support and compassion. I am so glad to have this place to come to. I'm so glad to know all you wonderful ladies.

Now I can get back to taking care of me, loose some more weight, and prepare myself for TTC again, when I get the OK from my dr. :D

now, i'm off to read everything that's happened!

The pain is definately more than what tylenol 3 can handle, my doc gave me vicodin when I was having the last miscarriage. I do have to warn you though. Use birthcontrol and do no try to conceive for atleast 3 months, if you do take a pregnancy test it will most likely be positive. I thought I was pregnant 2 months after my miscarriage because I was 10 days late and had 6 positive tests, the doc said it takes a few months for your levels to go back down and for your cycle to be "normal" again. Best wishes, you are in my prayers
  • carina73
    Options
    The pain is definately more than what tylenol 3 can handle, my doc gave me vicodin when I was having the last miscarriage. I do have to warn you though. Use birthcontrol and do no try to conceive for atleast 3 months, if you do take a pregnancy test it will most likely be positive. I thought I was pregnant 2 months after my miscarriage because I was 10 days late and had 6 positive tests, the doc said it takes a few months for your levels to go back down and for your cycle to be "normal" again. Best wishes, you are in my prayers
    I had been given 2 shots of morphine (one hr apart) while @ hospital and it BARELY helped. then they switched to percacets, and sent me home with only 4 of those. they seemed to help but took an hour to kick in b/c it was a pill to swallow. after they were gone, advil was working, until the pain came back.

Thanks, I didn't know that about the +ve results on HPT. I see my OB/GYN on Jan 18, and i'm expecting the usual "wait 3 months"
    I just hope there wasn't any complications that would make me have to wait longer. having PCOS and fertility issues is enough of a stressor. and turning 38 in april isn't helping. this was supposed to be my last baby, and I wanted the baby born b4 i turned 39. guess that's out of the question. are there any ladies here that are pg and in their late 30's or in their 40's?
  • carina73
    Options
    ok, so I don't know if you have a Swiss Chalet in the U.S. if not, it's just a rotisserie chicken family restaurant.
    I ordered a cup of chicken noodle & vegetable soup and a small salad and couldn't finish the salad! CRAZY! I'm still full!

I guess my appetite has been affected between the weeks of morning sickness and the last week of barely eating at all. *sheesh*
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    I had been given 2 shots of morphine (one hr apart) while @ hospital and it BARELY helped. then they switched to percacets, and sent me home with only 4 of those. they seemed to help but took an hour to kick in b/c it was a pill to swallow. after they were gone, advil was working, until the pain came back.

Thanks, I didn't know that about the +ve results on HPT. I see my OB/GYN on Jan 18, and i'm expecting the usual "wait 3 months"
    I just hope there wasn't any complications that would make me have to wait longer. having PCOS and fertility issues is enough of a stressor. and turning 38 in april isn't helping. this was supposed to be my last baby, and I wanted the baby born b4 i turned 39. guess that's out of the question. are there any ladies here that are pg and in their late 30's or in their 40's?

I am glad you are feeling better! I am expecting and am 37. Many of my friends are now in their late 30's and 40's and most of them had babies into their 40's. I had a miscarriage before my ninth. I conceived my 9th 2 weeks after the miscarriage. It is standard to say wait, but it depends more on how YOU feel and where you are.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    As a teacher I think I enjoy snow days more now than I did as a student :D Extra day to sleep in tommorow will do me wonders after having to work yesterday.

I have my 10 week apt tommorow. Nothing exciting is going to happen except I want to talk to my dr. about all this getting sick. I am 4 lbs down from my last apt so I don't know if I should be concerned or not.