Pregnancy 2011 - January

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Ugh, we had to come into work today at 10.30. We shouldn't have. The roads were passable (I take very major roads & and 2 interstates to work), but the parking lot at work is NOT. It's a huge parking lot and it's completely iced over. Not only were all the cars slipping and sliding everywhere, but the sidewalks are iced over as well. So, I got to iceskate 1/4 mile in ballet flats to the building. I almost fell about 5 times. I know I'm so early that baby would have been fine if I had fallen, but it was still scary.

As you know I work in HR. A girl who is about 10 weeks farther along than I am just came up here & told my supervisor she slipped and fell in the parking lot. :frown: She seems alright & she's not freaking out or anything so she must've caught herself. My supervisor is sending her to the worker's comp doc anyway. So ridiculously dangerous. It really makes me angry someone didn't have the forethought to ensure the parking lot and walkways are safe enough for employees. It's one thing for there to be patches of ice that you can step around, but the whole parking lot was pretty much a solid block of ice so walking on ice was completely unavoidable. :angry:

I work at agency HQ but we also have a field office in the building so we serve the public. We have customers coming to our facility constantly. The State is seriously going to have lots of lawsuits on their hands. People love to sue. And I'm pretty sure most folks would jump at a legitimate chance to sue the DMV. :laugh:
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I had so much to catch up on it's been four days.
    I think I caught a bug over the weekend plus a
    headache that lasted three days, it was a mild
    one but it would throb when i get up fast from
    bed or stand up. It's finally gone but last night
    i didn't get any rest so I know someone mentioned
    lack of sleep I think I'm starting that phase. Usually
    I get up to pee 1 or 2 times a night but i usually
    go right back to sleep but not last night I was tossing
    and turning.

I don't want anyone but my husband in the labor and
    delivery room and he feels very strongly about that
    too. I think i would be okay with family visiting after
    I deliver my LO but not during. No way!

As per the shower topic. This is my first so I'm pretty
    sure I would like one but not until the baby is born. I
    think that it should be about the baby and I really don't
    want attention when I'm at my largest. haha

Hope you all have a wonderful day! And to those of
    you with snow days enjoy! :)
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    This morning I bent fwd to clip the dog leash on and my back gave a little pop. (I have 2 herniated lumbar discs from years ago that act up now and then). So now, for the 2nd time this month my back is totally out. It hurts worse than labor (at least as far in labor as I got before they diced me!) I can find a couple positions where it doesn't hurt too bad (meaning, not in tears) but there is nothing I can do to make it feel any better. I actually considered urgent care, but I don't think there is anything they can do either. A chiropractor might help, but they won't cover one, and I can't afford one, not to mention can't get xrays or MRIs right now, and the only other option really is back surgery, which I will probably eventually need, but want to do when I am old and not in my 20s. It usually only lasts about 3-4 days, but those are long days of not being able to move w/out crying. Nerve pain is such a different pain than anything else, i can't even describe it, other than it actually is a lot like labor, but in your back and down your hips / legs. Usually at least I can dip into our codeine or vicodin stash. These last 2 times have been hardest since I can't take anything to take the edge off.
  • CMenendez
    CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Glad i found this post. My husband and I have been ttc for over a year and i have been irregular. I have just found out that i have poly cyst ovaries and the doctor is recommending that I lose weight to correct it before trying medicine. I am totally freaked out by having this, however I have given it to the Lord to heal me and help strengthen me as I begin to really work towards working out. Just glad to find a thread that talks all about babies!

@ CMenendez
    I have been diagnosed with PCOS and took clomiphene to conceive my 1st. my second was an early blessing and i've been taking Metformin for over 1 yr TTC our 3rd. I was also told to loose weight, but it's extremely difficult to loose weight if you're untreated. the metformin is helping me. i tried weight watchers, twice. I watched what I ate, got a gym membership, whatever. it didn't work, but since I've started it, watching what I eat and exercising more, is actually getting results now! :)

here's a quote from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome
    Where PCOS is associated with overweight or obesity, successful weight loss is probably the most effective method of restoring normal ovulation/menstruation, but many women find it very difficult to achieve and sustain significant weight loss.

metformin is a COMMON treatment for diabetics. i've taken glocose tests 3 x to try and get diagnosed with diabetes, but every test comes back normal. Finally got diagnosed with PCOS and everything is making sense now.

there is an Insulin producing gland in your ovaries, and when ovaries aren't functioning properly, you aren't digesting sugars properly. Metformin is also used to prevent miscarriages in women with PCOS. so it's important that you don't stop taking it until the pregnancy is well established! (after 13 weeks)

Don't take what I say as "word" research it yourself. inform yourself. this is what I found, but feel free to see if you can find something else to either back up or dispute it. :)
    http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/news/20020301/diabetes-drug-helps-prevent-miscarriage

This is what I think may have been the cause of my recent m/c. my gf also has pcos and she stopped taking metformin @ 6 weeks. stopped cold turkey. she miscarried the next week. when she got pg again, she waited until after 13 weeks and slowly weaned herself off the pills. baby was born healthy. no problems! because I knew what happened to her, i thought I was smart about it. my prescript ran out, and I asked the dr for 1 week more so I could wean.
    I cut down my pills from 3/day to 2/day when I thought I was 9 weeks. turns out I wasn't as far along as i thought, (pcos conception dates can be "off" by 1 week/so) so when I actually stopped taking my pills completely, i was only 10 weeks. I miscarried 1 week later.

I still have to talk to my OB/GYN and figure out a plan of action for next attempt, and I want to talk to him about this study. if he puts me back on metformin, there is no way am I comfortable stopping until next pregnancy is well established!!!!

Thanks so much for all of this info. Since I just found out yesterday i will start to look around at some sites and gather some info up. Would like to become friends so we could help each other through this process since we are both trying to achieve a similar goal!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    So my Dr's office called and said they have to cancel my appointment today because my Dr. is stuck in Florida, and cant get back due to the snow storm. They want to reschedule with a midwife. I haven't actually seen my Dr in 3 months. The last 2 appointments had to be re-secheduled because he wasn't available/was in surgery/etc so each time I have seen a midwife. So this is the third time they have had to call and cancel. Should I say enough is enough, and I want to see my Dr., or should I just have another appointment with someone who wont even be there when I deliver, and doesn't know anything about me?

I am getting a little frustrated!!!!

Do you like the midwife? Have you thought of continuing care w/ her only if you like her? It is common to not have whom you saw often in pregnancy, if you are seeing OB and often as well if you are seeing hospital based midwives to catch your baby. Remember YOU alone deliver your baby, you do a tremendous job doing it. It is very simplistic for someone to catch baby, even a 8y/o can do it. But I digress, LOL. The only way to get continuation of care is to see a HB midwife, sadly that is the state of things. No matter what you decide, see midwife, stay w/ OB, change OB's it is very important to draw up a birth plan when birthing in hospital. That way, while compromised in labor, your wishes can be expressed to whomever is attending you.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    This morning I bent fwd to clip the dog leash on and my back gave a little pop. (I have 2 herniated lumbar discs from years ago that act up now and then). So now, for the 2nd time this month my back is totally out. It hurts worse than labor (at least as far in labor as I got before they diced me!) I can find a couple positions where it doesn't hurt too bad (meaning, not in tears) but there is nothing I can do to make it feel any better. I actually considered urgent care, but I don't think there is anything they can do either. A chiropractor might help, but they won't cover one, and I can't afford one, not to mention can't get xrays or MRIs right now, and the only other option really is back surgery, which I will probably eventually need, but want to do when I am old and not in my 20s. It usually only lasts about 3-4 days, but those are long days of not being able to move w/out crying. Nerve pain is such a different pain than anything else, i can't even describe it, other than it actually is a lot like labor, but in your back and down your hips / legs. Usually at least I can dip into our codeine or vicodin stash. These last 2 times have been hardest since I can't take anything to take the edge off.

I am so sorry. I have had back pain this week, related to a flu thing we have. I was the last to get it.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

Call your doctor/midwife, when I was in l&d for serious cramping they offered me vicodin, I declined so they gave me codeine. The doctor said it is okay, I am sure not all of the time but I would definately ask so that you can get by for now.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    So my Dr's office called and said they have to cancel my appointment today because my Dr. is stuck in Florida, and cant get back due to the snow storm. They want to reschedule with a midwife. I haven't actually seen my Dr in 3 months. The last 2 appointments had to be re-secheduled because he wasn't available/was in surgery/etc so each time I have seen a midwife. So this is the third time they have had to call and cancel. Should I say enough is enough, and I want to see my Dr., or should I just have another appointment with someone who wont even be there when I deliver, and doesn't know anything about me?

I am getting a little frustrated!!!!

Wow this is very frustrating!!! Honestly- if it were me I would switch dr's completely. I know it's out of his control that the snow storm has left him stranded, but really if this is the third time it would be ringing alarms for me!
  • seestellarun13_1
    seestellarun13_1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow - it's been so long since I've been here. Just stopping by to say hello!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Well, my doctor is going to come in on Saturday to see me and several other patients he has had to cancel on recently!!!! I am glad that he is willing to take time to satisfy some grumpy pregnant women:bigsmile:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Well, my doctor is going to come in on Saturday to see me and several other patients he has had to cancel on recently!!!! I am glad that he is willing to take time to satisfy some grumpy pregnant women:bigsmile:

I am glad it worked out!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well, today has been completely unproductive! Teachers had to come back to school today, but the kdis are still off. I just couldn't bring myself to do anything worth while, lol. I guess I've been spoiled after being stuck at home for two days in my PJs! Been wasting time looking at Target.com baby registry things...

Baby girl is kicking way up under my right boob/rib cage area today...quite uncomfortable! I have to lean over to the left..it feels like she's saying I'm squishing her :happy:

Amanda, I'm glad your doctor is willing to see you Saturday! I'd be aggravated too! I think it's very unlikely that my doctor delivers me...I DO NOT want to be induced, so I won't be accomodating her schedule and there are like 12 doctors in their practice. I'm not too concerned about this because basically all I want the doctor there for is to "catch" the baby anyway. I'm shooting for a natural childbirth without any interventions unless an EMERGENCY arrises, so hopefully I'll be making their job easy, lol.
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

OUCH! :frown:
    I have been in pain recently, but I don't have back problems so I can't imagine what you're going through. *hugs*
    I hope you find relief soon.
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I really love this thread, just feel out of place until I can actually TTC, of course that will not be until my husband's boat returns. Every once in a while, I will still peek in to keep this on my topics. Congrats to all those who are due and good luck to those TCing. Great day, all!

@ teetee1281
    I kind of know how you feel, I don't really know when I can start TTC, until I see OB/GYN on jan 18. I'm just assuming three months after a miscarriage. I sure hope it's not more. Hang in there. soon you'll be pregnant and super excited to meet who's been kicking your insides! :p
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    So the ultrasound went extremely well, still a girl. They did the 3d/4d thing as you can tell by the photo :happy: still a little creepy but her cheeks are so chunky it is cute. She is 2lbs and 10oz so the ticker is somewhat off on their estimate. I cant believe that I can see what the little person inside me looks like. I never wanted to do the 3d/4d thing but now I think it is totally cute.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Have you all decided on names? My hubby and I have made a short list of girls names and boys names that we like.... but we can't agree on the "the one" so far. We have middle names picked out after family members but the first names are tough. How did you decide?
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Have you all decided on names? My hubby and I have made a short list of girls names and boys names that we like.... but we can't agree on the "the one" so far. We have middle names picked out after family members but the first names are tough. How did you decide?

I think we mostly have decided on names, but we can't agree on middle names. We want to name them after family, but which one is the problem. :)
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    So I know that it is important to exercise regularly while pregnant, which I do. But what takes priority? Today I have felt like crap all day, and I am exhausted. Do I suck it up and try and go walking, or is it ok to do nothing for a day or two?
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

We have a list of names, but nothing decided. Not sure if a name will come from the list or somewhere else. I always know the name when I feel instinctively that this is the right one. I just wait for that feeling to come. It may come from a name on our list or I may just stumbled across a word that is just right for the name of our baby. Our middle name is always a saint name or saint's feast day they are born on or near.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    So I know that it is important to exercise regularly while pregnant, which I do. But what takes priority? Today I have felt like crap all day, and I am exhausted. Do I suck it up and try and go walking, or is it ok to do nothing for a day or two?

Generally if I feel crummy pregnancy wise I suck it up and might go a little easier. If I am ill like this week, upper respiratory I didn't exercise Monday and Tuesday and did vinyasa yoga today, intense, but not like hard, cardio dvd.