Pregnancy 2011 - January

Options

Replies

• ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    OB appt went great today. She went ahead and checked my cervix b/c she thinks I've been having contractions. Everything was fine.

My Second 1 hour GGT test was fine, my iron levels were fine, everything else was fine, no blood pressure issues either.

Best of all watching what I eat over the last 4 weeks and walking has paid off only a 2 lb gain. Instead of teh 5-6 I've been gaining.

I've now moved to seeing her every 2 weeks. Woo hoo. Time flies. I really need a name now. I went to the baby store to look at beds I think I may have found one, I have to look at reviews on line first.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    We have decided if it's a boy the name will be Lincoln. (My husband loves this name, it took a bit for me to get warmed up to), and if a girl, Edan. We chose that spelling because my great grandma (who was amazing) name was Edna. Well obviously Edna is old-school so we just changed the order of the letters.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    We have decided if it's a boy the name will be Lincoln. (My husband loves this name, it took a bit for me to get warmed up to), and if a girl, Edan. We chose that spelling because my great grandma (who was amazing) name was Edna. Well obviously Edna is old-school so we just changed the order of the letters.

My oldest daughter's name is name is Eden and I have loved it from day one.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I like all of your names... we have four for each. Tell me which is your favorite.

Girls:
    Addison Arlene
    Reagan Arlene
    Elise Arlene
    Harper Arlene

Boys:
    Carter Moore
    Mason Moore
    Calvin Moore
    Ethan Moore
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    AnnaElise:
    I really like Reagan Arlene and Ethan Moore. Those are cute names!

The hubster and I haven't settled on a girl's name but for the boy
    we're thinking Seth Joe they're our both of our late Gpa's names.
    I'm set on Alyssa Jaye for a girl but my honey isn't quite sold on that
    name.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I like all of your names... we have four for each. Tell me which is your favorite.

Girls:
    Addison Arlene
    Reagan Arlene
    Elise Arlene
    Harper Arlene

Boys:
    Carter Moore
    Mason Moore
    Calvin Moore
    Ethan Moore

I love Addison and Ethan, second favs are Reagan and Mason. Ethan and Mason were both on my boys list, there was no girls list since we were set, lol!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Amanda, Riley is one of my husbands top picks for girls' names too. I was trying to remember what name it was today he liked so much, I couldn't remember for the life of me and you just reminded me! lol

AnneElise, My favorite for a girl is Elise (although I really like all 4 of those...good names!:smile: ) and Ethan for a boy.

My favorite, favorite, favorite is Ava Kate (Kate from Kathleen which is his gmas name), but DH refuses. :grumble: It was the first one he marked off the list :sad:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

My oldest daughter's name is name is Eden and I have loved it from day one.

I love Eden, too...however DH didn't like that one either....lol it's so hard to find one we both like apparently.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    One of my very best friends from highschool announced she's 8 weeks pregnant. I'm kind of excited since absolutely none of my current friends seem interested in babies. Too bad we live 100 miles apart.

Dh and i have downloaded a baby name app on our phones. The agreement is after we find out the sex, we'll both go through all the names listed for that sex and save our favs and then compare our lists.

My belly feels huge tonight. I noticed today either the sweater i was wearing was extremely unflattering or i'm starting to show a little.:laugh:
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Well this thread was so long, I didn't read all the pages. But I would like to join your group! My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since November of 2008 when we got married. So far no luck. I believe it might partly have to do with my weight. I think it will be nice to be able to be a part of this group and see other people talking about pregnancy.

I'm going to go back and read some threads, see what I need to post about myself! GL!!
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome JAllen32!

The ladies here are very supportive and I really like this thread. :happy:
  • Final7
    Final7 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello all,

I have just read through this thread and you guys sound so lovely and it has been lovely reading as your pregnancies have developed.

DP and I will not be TTCing until June as we are saving and paying off loans so that I can be a SAHM (I want to be home with my baby girl) and go back to study. I am going to be a midwife.

I have a DD who is 19 months old in two days. She keeps me very busy and I cant wait to have another child in the house and I cant wait to get pregnant.

Apart from saving (for a baby) and paying money off debts we now also have to replace my partners car (we were in an accident 3 days ago), move houses, and I plan to lose the last 6.4Kg before we start TTCing in June! LOTS TO DO :)

I will jump on the name bandwagon :) When I said DD name outloud (Ava-leigh Grace) for the first time we just knew that would be the name. The same can be said for the names we have picked out for our future children (we are always open to the name changing after the birth though because who knows if it is going to suit)

Our new names are Girl = Lorelei Dempsey and Boy = Atticus James - please done throw things LOL
  • Amanda_T
    Options
    Im sooo excited that I found this group. I have PCOS and I wanted to slim down a little bit prior to being put on meds so we could start trying.
    Does anyone have any great tips that they could share?
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

So, I'm 32, been married for 2 years now. I have a 14 year old daughter, and can't wait to have another one. Unfortunately is just isn't happening. I went off of birth control when we got married, and started charting a month later. Seems to me I'm ovulating regularly, and everything appears to be fine on my end. Except I am over weight so I'm sure that has a little to do with it. My hubby has a low count, so it looks like we are going to need some help getting there.

Anyway, so thats me. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    OB appt went great today. She went ahead and checked my cervix b/c she thinks I've been having contractions. Everything was fine.

My Second 1 hour GGT test was fine, my iron levels were fine, everything else was fine, no blood pressure issues either.

Best of all watching what I eat over the last 4 weeks and walking has paid off only a 2 lb gain. Instead of teh 5-6 I've been gaining.

I've now moved to seeing her every 2 weeks. Woo hoo. Time flies. I really need a name now. I went to the baby store to look at beds I think I may have found one, I have to look at reviews on line first.

Iam to the 2 week visits too. I can't believe how fast time has gone. My glucose was high on the 1 hour test--and I am supposed to do the 3 hour one, but I think I will just do the diet instead. I know what to do since I had GD last time. I am feeling quite hungry all the time though. That is hard, but my sugars are good when I am eating right. I had the realization last night that I need to start getting ready. SEt up the crib, buy a carseat, get diapers, bottles, etc, etc...I will Breastfeed, but it is nice to have back ups for if I need to pump...I just can't believe that I have 10 weeks left!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share that Target is having a huge baby clearence in store, but not online. I went in last night and couldn't believe the deals. Ours had stuff scattered everywhere, so you had to really go up and down each isle to find all the deals. I got baby shoes for $2.50, originally $15.99, a few outfits for $2 each, and the swing we registered for. The swing was $40 off, and I had a $50 gift card, so I only paid $30 for the swing!! I guess this is nation wide, as they are making room for their new spring stuff. I saw a bunch of cribs, baby gates, bottles, bibs, and bedding sets on clearence too.

We also taped the room last night, and are painting it over the weekend. Then we get to set up the crib!! This is starting to get very real.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

So, I'm 32, been married for 2 years now. I have a 14 year old daughter, and can't wait to have another one. Unfortunately is just isn't happening. I went off of birth control when we got married, and started charting a month later. Seems to me I'm ovulating regularly, and everything appears to be fine on my end. Except I am over weight so I'm sure that has a little to do with it. My hubby has a low count, so it looks like we are going to need some help getting there.

Anyway, so thats me. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!

I was 33 when I talked to my doctor. I gave up trying when I hit my 34th bday a month later, then 3 weeks later we were pregnant. She said at 33 once I'd tried for 6 months with no success I should get in touch with her. When y ou are younger they say a year or 2. She said the chances of conceiving after 35 drop. Not that it doesn't happen. But i wouldn't wait too long.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Welcome new ladies! Looking forward to getting to know you!

I ordered baby bedding off ebay last week. Brand new the set is 450 dollars and I got it for 40$ for everything! (its used). I got it yesterday in the mail and I LOVE it. I am very excited about my purchase. Its going to be packed away for a bit because we arn't ready to set up the room yet but its still fun to have!

Got a flat yesterday :C I seem to attract nails. They couldn't patch it so new tire. Boo.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Our new names are Girl = Lorelei Dempsey and Boy = Atticus James - please done throw things LOL

Lorelei is one of the first girl names I decided I can stand. :tongue: I don't think my hubby is very fond of it though. :ohwell:
    And I have a friend who named her 2nd son Atticus. She calls him Ace.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    One of my very best friends from highschool announced she's 8 weeks pregnant. I'm kind of excited since absolutely none of my current friends seem interested in babies. Too bad we live 100 miles apart.

FUN! None of my friends are at the stage either. My siblings are all having kids right now so thats fun at least.