Pregnancy 2011 - January

Options

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share that Target is having a huge baby clearence in store, but not online. I went in last night and couldn't believe the deals. Ours had stuff scattered everywhere, so you had to really go up and down each isle to find all the deals. I got baby shoes for $2.50, originally $15.99, a few outfits for $2 each, and the swing we registered for. The swing was $40 off, and I had a $50 gift card, so I only paid $30 for the swing!! I guess this is nation wide, as they are making room for their new spring stuff. I saw a bunch of cribs, baby gates, bottles, bibs, and bedding sets on clearence too.

We also taped the room last night, and are painting it over the weekend. Then we get to set up the crib!! This is starting to get very real.

Thanks, I might go check it out today!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up about Target! That gives me an excuse to actually get to the side of town my gym is in tomorrow (thank goodnes the gym is opening a location close to my house next month!). :laugh:

So, I was lying in bed this morning trying to pretend I didn't have to get up in 10 minutes & I rolled onto my stomach and I totally felt something wiggling around down there a couple inches below my belly button. :huh: It felt kind of like butterflies fluttering around or a muscle spasm/twitchy thing but then again not really like either of those things. It was definitely not gas or anything like that -- I had never felt anyting like it before. Very bizarre feeling. It carried on for a minute or so & then stopped and I haven't felt it since. I'm only 14 weeks tomorrow & this is my first pregnancy -- could it really be little one? If that's what was, it was like LO was having a little tantrum because I rolled over & then s/he got over it & settled down. :laugh:
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    OB appt went great today. She went ahead and checked my cervix b/c she thinks I've been having contractions. Everything was fine.

My Second 1 hour GGT test was fine, my iron levels were fine, everything else was fine, no blood pressure issues either.

Best of all watching what I eat over the last 4 weeks and walking has paid off only a 2 lb gain. Instead of teh 5-6 I've been gaining.

I've now moved to seeing her every 2 weeks. Woo hoo. Time flies. I really need a name now. I went to the baby store to look at beds I think I may have found one, I have to look at reviews on line first.

Iam to the 2 week visits too. I can't believe how fast time has gone. My glucose was high on the 1 hour test--and I am supposed to do the 3 hour one, but I think I will just do the diet instead. I know what to do since I had GD last time. I am feeling quite hungry all the time though. That is hard, but my sugars are good when I am eating right. I had the realization last night that I need to start getting ready. SEt up the crib, buy a carseat, get diapers, bottles, etc, etc...I will Breastfeed, but it is nice to have back ups for if I need to pump...I just can't believe that I have 10 weeks left!

Time has sure gone by fast hasn't it? I have been stocking up with diapers for a little while now. They go through so many in the early months! Diapers.com had a nice discount going on at the end of the year. 30% cash back on all diaper purchases (cash back was put as a credit to your account for a future purchase). I really stocked up then. I just sent in my formula coupons to use on my future purchases of formula. I too will be breastfeeding but it is good to have on hand.

Have a happy 10 weeks!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    It was definitely not gas or anything like that -- I had never felt anyting like it before. Very bizarre feeling. It carried on for a minute or so & then stopped and I haven't felt it since. I'm only 14 weeks tomorrow & this is my first pregnancy -- could it really be little one? If that's what was, it was like LO was having a little tantrum because I rolled over & then s/he got over it & settled down. :laugh:

Absolutely it could have been your LO! My little guy doesn't like when I sleep on my left side too much. He is constantly moving when I do.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    So, I was lying in bed this morning trying to pretend I didn't have to get up in 10 minutes & I rolled onto my stomach and I totally felt something wiggling around down there a couple inches below my belly button. :huh: It felt kind of like butterflies fluttering around or a muscle spasm/twitchy thing but then again not really like either of those things. It was definitely not gas or anything like that -- I had never felt anyting like it before. Very bizarre feeling. It carried on for a minute or so & then stopped and I haven't felt it since. I'm only 14 weeks tomorrow & this is my first pregnancy -- could it really be little one? If that's what was, it was like LO was having a little tantrum because I rolled over & then s/he got over it & settled down. :laugh:

That really does sound like the little one! I am so jealous if it was! I have been trying to be more aware of what I feel down there since they say that first time moms sometimes don't realize that what they are feeling is the baby. No luck so far. I can't wait to feel the little one squirming. I feel bad for my hubby, though. I know he wants to feel it just as badly as I do, and he'll be waiting much longer.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

That really does sound like the little one! I am so jealous if it was! I have been trying to be more aware of what I feel down there since they say that first time moms sometimes don't realize that what they are feeling is the baby. No luck so far. I can't wait to feel the little one squirming. I feel bad for my hubby, though. I know he wants to feel it just as badly as I do, and he'll be waiting much longer.

So exciting!!!!! I never felt the squirms and butterflies (well, I'm sure I did, but just didn't know what they were...) so the first time we felt her is when she KICKED and we could see my belly jumping! It was so awesome, and my hubby got to see/feel at the same time I did for the first time...it was great.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Target is definately having a great sale, we got the crib mattress for only $28 I could not pass it up. The hubby refuses to let me buy anything else because with such large families we get just about everything we need then go buy the left overs. Besides my family gets really annoyed with me when I buy stuff because they feel like I'm taking away from what they can buy. Super lucky to have them! Hubby started putting Brooklynn's crib together last night, it will be ready today. I am so excited but getting nervous now because it is getting so close and so real!

My baby seems to hate when I'm on my left side as well, she always goes nuts until I change positions. From what I can see in the ultrasounds her head is usually there, I think she gets a head rush or some thing, lol. Not sure that is possible but it makes me feel better. I swear she does zumba in the womb because its like she exercises everyday the way she squirms all over.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    The more I think about feeling what I felt this morning, the more creeped out I get. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've been trying to be more aware, too, over the last couple of weeks and since it's something I haven't felt in that time, I kind of really feel like it was LO. I hope I can feel it again sometime over the next few days because that'll confirm it for me. :happy:
    I had felt a couple of twinges & pokes earlier this week that I thought *maaaayyyyybbbeee* could've been something but I wrote them off as gas. :tongue: I've also felt these weird light wriggly type tingles in the area below my belly button when I was sitting up (I just felt itfor about 15 seconds a few seconds ago which reminded me -- it almost tickles a little?). I have no idea if that's LO. But this morning was different for sure. I'm so excited! I can hardly wait to really be kicked (I'm sure I'll be retracting that statement in few months. :laugh:)!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    There's a girl on Facebook that I was friends with in college that is having twins, and she got two cribs for cheaper than the regular price of one at Target yesterday. I need to go. I thought we were going to be able to borrow a crib, but both of the ones that were offered to us have the sides that come down...aren't those recalled due to safety? All the ones I've seen in stores now do not come down.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    There's a girl on Facebook that I was friends with in college that is having twins, and she got two cribs for cheaper than the regular price of one at Target yesterday. I need to go. I thought we were going to be able to borrow a crib, but both of the ones that were offered to us have the sides that come down...aren't those recalled due to safety? All the ones I've seen in stores now do not come down.

A lot of babies get trapped in them so they stopped making them that way. Our old crib had pull down sides but ofcourse it was recalled and none of the ones in the store now drop. Cribs are not very expensive, you can get something pretty nice for about $200 plus the mattress. Since this is your first and you'll probably have more just think of it as an investment.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I am going to target this weekend. I love their clearance! I felt each baby between 12 and 16 weeks by laying on my belly--same butterfly feeling.

Thanks for the heads up!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    My parents drew my sister's name out of a hat from their list. Mine they made a list of their top however many (let's say 10) names and then each labeled their own version of the list 1-10. Then they added up the "score" for each. Ie, Say my dad puts Kim at 1 and mom puts it at 7 it gets a score of 8. Whatever name had the lowest score is what they named me.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    So Wed I was having back pains - I spoke too soon when I said the worst pain I have felt in my life - considering it got at least 3 time worse by end of day! I ended up unable to get out of bed and had to call my hubby home from work to take me to the ER. Well, he got home and could not get me up either, I was screaming the nerve pain was so bad. So the ambulance had to come and he and the paramedics lift me out of bed. They wouldn't give me anything on the ride or when I got there because I was pregnant, but finally they gave me some narcotics and an MRI. The Dr said it was one of the largest herniated discs he'd ever seen and it was pressing all the nerves in my back flat. So they kept me overnight and Thursday decided to do surgery. I'm back home today but very sore - though nothing compared to Wednesday! Not a fun addition to pregnancy! And now I have to lay off the gym for who knows how long. We're sending my 3 yr old back to AZ with his aunt tomorrow for a few weeks, maybe 6! - she's just flying in and picking him up and leaving so I don't have to try to take care of him and work. Oh, and we're moving in 4 weeks too - so I think now I will just be "managing" my hubby moving everything. They did do an ultrasound before taking me down to surgery though and they could not tell, but said they thought it looked like a boy. Fingers crossed and I find out for sure in a week and a 1/2. Hopefully my back heals up well too and does not have any ill effects here out.
  • mmarkiewicz
    Options
    Yay, I am glad I found this. My name is Rachael. I am 12 weeks pregnant and so excited. This will be my first baby. :) I am excited to find people with the same goals and who will also help motivate and inspire.

Some of my challenges currently are getting enough water (it makes me sick in the morning, and I don't want to wake up all night going to the bathroom if I drink too much in the evening). Any recommendations? And getting enough protein. My doctor told me that I should be getting 90 grams of protein a day. I realized I normally only ate about 40-50. So this a huge jump. I have been eating eggs, yogurt, milk and protein shakes. For some reason I can hardly stand chicken or fish any more. It just makes me sick.(The joys of morning sickness :) ) How do any of you get enough protein?

I finally buckled down and got my Zofran prescription! Hallelujah, yesterday was a totally different day. I should have done that sooner. Congrats to all of you mommy's to be and good luck to those trying.

Hi Rachael,

I am 16 weeks preg. with my third child and I had horrible morning, afternoon and evening sickness LOL. I could not drink water at all until about last week. I found this very frustrating because before I became preg. I drank tons of water. What worked best for me was drinking juice. I also watered down my juice a bit and this seemed to help. I hope that you are feeling well soon!!
    Michelle
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    My Target had no good sales :C Maybe its in certain states. Mine only had christmas baby stuff on sale.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    So Wed I was having back pains - I spoke too soon when I said the worst pain I have felt in my life - considering it got at least 3 time worse by end of day! I ended up unable to get out of bed and had to call my hubby home from work to take me to the ER. Well, he got home and could not get me up either, I was screaming the nerve pain was so bad. So the ambulance had to come and he and the paramedics lift me out of bed. They wouldn't give me anything on the ride or when I got there because I was pregnant, but finally they gave me some narcotics and an MRI. The Dr said it was one of the largest herniated discs he'd ever seen and it was pressing all the nerves in my back flat. So they kept me overnight and Thursday decided to do surgery. I'm back home today but very sore - though nothing compared to Wednesday! Not a fun addition to pregnancy! And now I have to lay off the gym for who knows how long. We're sending my 3 yr old back to AZ with his aunt tomorrow for a few weeks, maybe 6! - she's just flying in and picking him up and leaving so I don't have to try to take care of him and work. Oh, and we're moving in 4 weeks too - so I think now I will just be "managing" my hubby moving everything. They did do an ultrasound before taking me down to surgery though and they could not tell, but said they thought it looked like a boy. Fingers crossed and I find out for sure in a week and a 1/2. Hopefully my back heals up well too and does not have any ill effects here out.

Good heavens, you poor thing! I pray you have a swift recovery.
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Went to target and am sooooo happy I did!!! I got the crib I have been dreaming of, but never thought I could afford for half price!! It is normally 269.99 and I got it for 134.99. It was the last crib they had too. I came straight home and put it together by myself. It was actually really easy. Here's the link for my absolutely beautiful crib that will grow with baby: http://www.target.com/JUST-Made-Carters-White-Crib/dp/B0037DY8VE/ref=br_1_1?ie=UTF8&id=JUST Made Carters White Crib&node=371871011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-1&qid=1295035024&rh=target_com_brand-bin:First Choice|target_com_brand-bin:Just One Year&searchBinNameList=style_name,finish_types-bin,target_com_primary_color-bin,price,collection_name-bin,item_styling,target_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

Wow that's a long link. I also got a pack n' play with a bassinet option for 49.01 when it was 69.99. It's pretty darn cute. Aside from getting a mattress and maybe a bed set, I am done until after baby shower (if I end up having one). Sooooooo glad I am on this thread and got the target tip!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

I am sooo sorry you're having to go through this! Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • brittonymiller
    Options

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry you had to go through all of that! Healing thoughts are being sent your way!!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Went to target and am sooooo happy I did!!! I got the crib I have been dreaming of, but never thought I could afford for half price!! It is normally 269.99 and I got it for 134.99. It was the last crib they had too. I came straight home and put it together by myself. It was actually really easy. Here's the link for my absolutely beautiful crib that will grow with baby: http://www.target.com/JUST-Made-Carters-White-Crib/dp/B0037DY8VE/ref=br_1_1?ie=UTF8&id=JUST Made Carters White Crib&node=371871011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-1&qid=1295035024&rh=target_com_brand-bin:First Choice|target_com_brand-bin:Just One Year&searchBinNameList=style_name,finish_types-bin,target_com_primary_color-bin,price,collection_name-bin,item_styling,target_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

Wow that's a long link. I also got a pack n' play with a bassinet option for 49.01 when it was 69.99. It's pretty darn cute. Aside from getting a mattress and maybe a bed set, I am done until after baby shower (if I end up having one). Sooooooo glad I am on this thread and got the target tip!

Cute crib!! I hope ours has some things!