Pregnancy 2011 - January

Options

Replies

• Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Have you all decided on names? My hubby and I have made a short list of girls names and boys names that we like.... but we can't agree on the "the one" so far. We have middle names picked out after family members but the first names are tough. How did you decide?

We have a list of names, but nothing decided. Not sure if a name will come from the list or somewhere else. I always know the name when I feel instinctively that this is the right one. I just wait for that feeling to come. It may come from a name on our list or I may just stumbled across a word that is just right for the name of our baby. Our middle name is always a saint name or saint's feast day they are born on or near.

That is how we got Brooklynn, I was at work one day and I saw Brooklyn and I just knew that I was going to have a daughter and that was going to be her name. I told my husband that I had the perfect name, he agreed.... this was in May and we didnt conceive until July. Hubby refused to go over any boys names, he was convinced from the moment we found out we were expecting that it was our little Brooklynn and he was right! I think that you just know when you have the right name for your lil one.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

That is how we got Brooklynn, I was at work one day and I saw Brooklyn and I just knew that I was going to have a daughter and that was going to be her name. I told my husband that I had the perfect name, he agreed.... this was in May and we didnt conceive until July. Hubby refused to go over any boys names, he was convinced from the moment we found out we were expecting that it was our little Brooklynn and he was right! I think that you just know when you have the right name for your lil one.

I just love that! When Ellery was a baby, I was not yet expecting again, I heard the name Inish on an Irish travel show, in reference to Inish Isle. I knew that moment that we would have an Innish, a boy. Our next baby was in fact a boy and is named Innish.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

I just love that! When Ellery was a baby, I was not yet expecting again, I heard the name Inish on an Irish travel show, in reference to Inish Isle. I knew that moment that we would have an Innish, a boy. Our next baby was in fact a boy and is named Innish.

Too sweet, see I think it is just instinct and when the right name comes across you just know. The boys have very catholic names (Matthew and John) not intentionally named for the saints but rather names we just loved so everyone was expecting this one to have a biblical name. Duh people... we just pick the names that feel right :laugh: Most of his family cant even pronounce Brooklynn because they speak mostly spanish but oh well it is just a little harder than Matthew which they cant pronounce.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    My husband's name is Joshua Daniel. I've always liked the name Josh(ua) so if we had a boy we had always planned on naming him that. Now I'm a little unsure, mainly because I don't want people to call him Junior. Have you guys ever seen the movie Problem Child? I used to watch it constantly and I think the little stinker child in it named Junior ruined the name for me, I just don't like the name.

I always figured we could do a Big Josh Little Josh kind of thing to keep them apart, I didn't really think people would take it upon themselves to call him Junior unless that is how we referred to him. Turns out...I was wrong.... My father in law is already calling him Junior, even though I specifically told him that I didn't want to call him that. I'm pretty sure he is doing it just to tick me off.... :explode: and it's working...

So we've tossed around the idea of changing the middle name so that there wouldn't be a senior/junior issue, but hubby is leaning towards keeping it Daniel, which happens to be his dad's name, which I don't 100% understand. His dad is a...well he's a lot of things :wink: but he was never really good to my husband when he was growing up, and he still does things that are really terrible that bother my husband, so I can only assume that he wants the middle name to be Daniel because it is his middle name, not to honor his dad. Personally, I'd rather keep Joshua as the first name and pick a different middle name. My great grandpa lived to be 106 and his middle name was Xavier, so I thought that would be a nice middle name, but I've yet to suggest it....

So....I don't really know what we're going to do....? Do I have the ultimate authority as mom to tell people what to call my kid?
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    My husband's name is Joshua Daniel. I've always liked the name Josh(ua) so if we had a boy we had always planned on naming him that. Now I'm a little unsure, mainly because I don't want people to call him Junior. Have you guys ever seen the movie Problem Child? I used to watch it constantly and I think the little stinker child in it named Junior ruined the name for me, I just don't like the name.

I always figured we could do a Big Josh Little Josh kind of thing to keep them apart, I didn't really think people would take it upon themselves to call him Junior unless that is how we referred to him. Turns out...I was wrong.... My father in law is already calling him Junior, even though I specifically told him that I didn't want to call him that. I'm pretty sure he is doing it just to tick me off.... :explode: and it's working...

So we've tossed around the idea of changing the middle name so that there wouldn't be a senior/junior issue, but hubby is leaning towards keeping it Daniel, which happens to be his dad's name, which I don't 100% understand. His dad is a...well he's a lot of things :wink: but he was never really good to my husband when he was growing up, and he still does things that are really terrible that bother my husband, so I can only assume that he wants the middle name to be Daniel because it is his middle name, not to honor his dad. Personally, I'd rather keep Joshua as the first name and pick a different middle name. My great grandpa lived to be 106 and his middle name was Xavier, so I thought that would be a nice middle name, but I've yet to suggest it....

So....I don't really know what we're going to do....? Do I have the ultimate authority as mom to tell people what to call my kid?

My best friends son is referred to as Little Angel, his daddy is Big Angel.... she is anti Junior as well. Big Angel like to refer to him as the second , lol. My lil man is John Anthony which is my husbands name in english... Juan and his grandpas name in english....Antonio.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    So I know that it is important to exercise regularly while pregnant, which I do. But what takes priority? Today I have felt like crap all day, and I am exhausted. Do I suck it up and try and go walking, or is it ok to do nothing for a day or two?

Generally if I feel crummy pregnancy wise I suck it up and might go a little easier. If I am ill like this week, upper respiratory I didn't exercise Monday and Tuesday and did vinyasa yoga today, intense, but not like hard, cardio dvd.

So, I pushed myself and did a yoga dvd for pregnancy. It was moderate which was good, and now I feel much better. :)
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    My husband and I can't agree on a name. We've gone over every name in the book on websites, and we still can't agree.

Well really nothing feels right.

Months ago as a joke my little 7 year old started calling him Rocco. So now everyone calls the baby Rocco. But I don't feel like it's his name, LOL.

I feel perplexed, because I told my husband we're going to have a baby with no name.

I even found the list where i went over names with my husband 8 years ago for our son. Many of the names repeated and boy amd I glad I named my son what I did, because he is his name.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    See I feel the same way. We have gone over every name I can imagine and we have a list of 6 boys names we both like... but we both have a strong favorite and its not the same one. I don't know how we are going to overcome that.... for girls names we agree more.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Well, my doctor is going to come in on Saturday to see me and several other patients he has had to cancel on recently!!!! I am glad that he is willing to take time to satisfy some grumpy pregnant women:bigsmile:

That is good to hear. I feel very fortunate to have the OB that I do. He is a single practice doctor so he is what you get (unless he is on vacation which of course he lets you know about ahead of time). I love my OB and he has always been there to deliver my babies (except for my second who decided to come early and he was on vacation).

Yay I just realized with my ticker I started my third trimester today. Wow has time flown by!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    We have very little idea about a name yet. My husband refuses to even seriously talk about it anymore until we know whether we're having a boy or a girl because he's too overwhelmed.

We had one boy's first name that we agreed on even before TTC but now I'm 2nd guessing it. I really like it paired with another name for a middle name but everyone I've told (except hubby) hates it. It normally wouldn't matter to me what other people think except I'm all too aware that what others think of your child's name will indeed affect them the rest of their life (especially on school applications, job applications, etc).

I have an ever-growing list of girl names that I can stand. Girl names are particularly difficult for me. One day I'll add a name to my list and the next day I think "Oh man, what was I thinking?!" :laugh: A recent example of that is the name Maribel which I absolutely fell IN LOVE with the second I read it. The next day I decided it was a name I could only give a cow. :tongue:

I guess I let too many things ruin names for me.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    It sure has!!! I started my 3rd this week, too. I can't believe there is only 12 more weeks! I need to get into my house and get things settled before she comes! The way it looks right now it will be Feb. before we're in...grr!

We haven't decided on a name yet either. We both made lists, and then compiled our favorites. We had it narrowed down to 3 or so, but then never decided. We just haven't talked about it much anymore except to say that we need to decide. The only name that was on both of our lists was Isabella. I looked up that name and found it has been (Isabella and/or Isabel) the number 1 name for like 4 years in a row. We don't want something that every other girl in school has, ya know? So we searched some more and found Arabella. It's different (although she'd probably still end up being called Bella, which I know is common right now...but our reasons have nothing to do with Twilight! :laugh: ) Arabella means Answered Prayer. Which is exactly what she is. I like the name and that's all I call her in my head, but don't know if it's THE ONE. There hasn't been anything else that I've liked as much as that one though. It's different, so I'm curious to hear what yall think. I know this is a safe place to share the name because even if you all decide you like it and use it, it's not like our children will ever be in the same class, lol. My SIL and good friend are both pregnant, and didn't want them to use it just in case, haha.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I like the OB office I chose because there are 4 OBs practicing there and you see all of them at least twice (and probably more) throughout your pregnancy. This way, you're guaranteed to know who delivers your baby. My husband loves that all the docs (OBs and gyns) in the practice are women. :tongue:

I just recently found out my mom was induced, at her request, nearly 2 weeks early with me because her OB was going on vacation. :indifferent:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    It sure has!!! I started my 3rd this week, too. I can't believe there is only 12 more weeks! I need to get into my house and get things settled before she comes! The way it looks right now it will be Feb. before we're in...grr!

We haven't decided on a name yet either. We both made lists, and then compiled our favorites. We had it narrowed down to 3 or so, but then never decided. We just haven't talked about it much anymore except to say that we need to decide. The only name that was on both of our lists was Isabella. I looked up that name and found it has been (Isabella and/or Isabel) the number 1 name for like 4 years in a row. We don't want something that every other girl in school has, ya know? So we searched some more and found Arabella. It's different (although she'd probably still end up being called Bella, which I know is common right now...but our reasons have nothing to do with Twilight! :laugh: ) Arabella means Answered Prayer. Which is exactly what she is. I like the name and that's all I call her in my head, but don't know if it's THE ONE. There hasn't been anything else that I've liked as much as that one though. It's different, so I'm curious to hear what yall think. I know this is a safe place to share the name because even if you all decide you like it and use it, it's not like our children will ever be in the same class, lol. My SIL and good friend are both pregnant, and didn't want them to use it just in case, haha.

I think the name Arabella is beautiful. We have two girls names we like Harper and Elise. But our boys names we have a short list of 5... and we each have a favorite and can't give in! uhg.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    ]

So, I pushed myself and did a yoga dvd for pregnancy. It was moderate which was good, and now I feel much better. :)

Only once did I regret working out. Good job!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

I love that, it is adorable.... we have been referring to the baby by her name for several months now. Everyone we know calls her by her name lol. Answered prayer is so perfect, my oldest Matthew means gift from god which after our first miscarriage that is exactly what he was, our gift! I have not really met anyone named Arabella so it is a little uncommon, I had not met anyone named Brooklynn but ofcourse I see them everywhere now. I think you just notice it when you have the same idea
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I like the name Arabella and it's meaning is also beautiful.

I think we have a name chosen for our son. However, it has changed in the last two weeks. Never quite sure until they are here anyway. Our two year old is named after his great grandfather (who has passed on) and my brother so his first name is Charles. But we call him Brooks (which is his middle name and different). My brother has always gone by his middle name too. My husband and I figured if down the road he doesn't like to be called by his uncommon middle name he can go traditional and use his first name. That is what we plan on doing with this little guy as well.

On a fitness note, I just finished walking 6 miles for the day and burned 736 calories. I didn't walk Tuesday or yesterday so it was nice to get something in.

It has been quite a busy week. We did go ahead and proceed with phase I of my daughter's orthodontic's treatment. So on Tuesday she had her palate spreader/splitter put in and now has 8 braces along her bottom teeth. So far so good! I am hoping she won't have to have any teeth pulled like I did. I had the palate splitter (twice) and also had 11 teeth pulled (one of which came out with the splitter when they were removing it ~ ouch). So needless to say, I was very nervous and said a prayer on the way to get her from school to take her to her appointment. I was praying that we were doing the right thing getting her started with orthodontics this early. Then on my radio (my spa and relaxation channel) on came a song that was titled "perfect alignment." And I thought "wow, her teeth will hopefully be perfectly aligned at the end of this." Yes, kind of a far fetch I know. But . . . then the best sign of all happened when I was walking her into the office (15 minutes post prayer) and my daughter said "mom look" and was pointing behind us. There was our pastor and his daughter (one of my 6 year old's friends) getting out of their car. They followed us into the office and he too was getting his daughter started with the same process. I had to call the pastor and his wife (also our friends) to share how comforting it was when I saw his daughter and him at the office. Definitely a sign to me.

Okay I went on a little longer than expected there. Sorry.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    My husband and I can't agree on a girl name either. With a boy name we are lucky- before we even started trying he blurted out a name he liked one day out of the blue, and I was like... yeah! That's a good name. Our boy name is Easton Eric, Eric named after his grandfather.

But, the funny thing is that we still discuss other boy names, and none of them we have agreed on! Urgh!

Girl names are even worse. For me- my little girl is Avery. Avery Elizabeth. I think of the name Avery and I see my little girl. But hubby does not like the name at all. I am not going down without a fight on this one!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have decided on a boy name and a girl name that we both love. I'd love to share them with you girls, but we have decided to surprise everyone when the baby comes. Since I have friends and family on MFP who would see this post, I can't. Mostly we have decided to keep it a surprise because there are so many opinions out there that I don't care to hear, but I'd also like to keep something a surprise for friends and family since there is no way I can hold off on finding out the sex. I can't wait until February 4th!!
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Our names are: Jack and Sofia. Can't wait for this morning sickness to pass! I want my energy back and a clean house again!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Deciding on a name was pretty much the easiest thing we have done. The boy name we had picked out since 2002. One day our senior year of high school we were joking around about names, and I said I liked Ethan, and he was like yeah...I really like that name too. Our girl name was pretty random too. One night we were getting ready for bed, and I told my husband we should really try to come up with some girl names, just incase this baby was a girl. He said he had heard the name Riley and really liked it. I liked it too, so we were all set.