Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Mimosa's on the plane down here. had to have In and Out burger once we got here. had chinese takeout in the condo along with a bottle of wine. starting my morning with a shot of vodka. stressing about my iris's not opening in time for the wedding bouquets I need to make. it will be a lushy day.

Sounds like a perfect day....
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I just started using the "social networking" aspect of this site and I love that there are real people that live real lives like you fine people. I have always been health conscious, watching what I eat and working out, but I am a weekend warrior when it comes to the cocktails. I too try not to drink during the week, but am typically a Thursday - Saturday girl. My husband and I are very social; we are the people to call if you want to go out or get together. I am now just balancing the booze with more cardio. Three weeks of serious logging and tracking and I'm down 2.5 pounds as of today and still enjoying the red, good beer, and fun cocktails. So far this week I have only had 2 glasses of wine on Tuesday. Have plans tonight so bring on the weekend early!

Cheers.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Mimosa's on the plane down here. had to have In and Out burger once we got here. had chinese takeout in the condo along with a bottle of wine. starting my morning with a shot of vodka. stressing about my iris's not opening in time for the wedding bouquets I need to make. it will be a lushy day.

Oh, jealous. I did not have a car in Vegas and did not get In N Out. Went to Fat Burger but it's not quite the same. Have a wonderful time in Vegas!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Just found this topic - excellent idea. I have not read every post, just page one at the moment and thought - this is a topic I need to be part of. I love a glass of wine or three, live in the Hawke's Bay region of New Zealand - how could you not drink wine here!

So cheers to all - look forward to reading all your posts - now off to page 2!

Just found a new Smiley as well:drinker:

Ooooh I love a nice bottle of NZ white, fortunately living in England there isn't too much local temptation in the form of wine! Mind you there are few vineyards starting to spring up with the climate warming up.
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Leaving snow and ice and heading to Florida for a long weekend. Last year it was several margaritas a night at our favorite beach bar. This year, I'm going to keep logging my food and drinks, find some kind of exercise to do every day, and cut down on the alcohol. Anybody got any low-calorie special drinks that would be a decent substitute for a margarita?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well if you're bringing a blender...
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1250

Otherwise my go to low cal drink is vodka and Diet Soda...
  • sexyjeans
    Options
    So tonight I had 2 O'Douls beers and added lime (pretending it was Corona). I am a total wine fan, but these two beers actually made me feel like I was having happy hour. Because they are more filling than wine and don't have alcohol, I was satisfied and didn't want any more. (Also...at 65 calories each...it is very friendly to the calorie budget.) Think this will be my weekday substitute & then I'll treat myself to some good wine on the weekends. I'll keep you posted!
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options

So excited for you!!! Which airlines serves Mimosas? I want to fly them next time! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, wonderful memories of my daughters wedding, just don't sweat the small stuff, nobody will remember them.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Is it bad to make your own wine in 5 gallon lots? :embarassed:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Started my weekend early last night....oops. I love red wine.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I was good last night...did a cardio workout after school, short yoga practice after the kids went to bed, and played volleyball for an hour. Wanted to drink, but didn't so...
    0 Monday
    0 Tuesday
    1 Wednesday
    0 Thursday

And tonight I have a soccer game and we're going out for beers afterward, which will blow everything! :drinker: :laugh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Glass of red wine last night. Not sure about tonight, if it's just massage and a movie, I might not have a drink.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL YOU LOVERLY LUSHES!!!!!

Its so nice to see all the new folks happy to have stumbled in here (teehee). I've been a gooooood gurl this week, no drinks Sunday thru Thursday. It resulted in my lowest ever end-of-week weight! WHOOT!!!

Now that its Friday I'm trying to decide what my drinks for the weekend will be. I'm kind of thinking of buying myself another 6-pack of that extra special bitter organic beer I found and maybe supplement it with some scotch on ice. I'm hoping to not go too far astray as I'd really love to have a lowest ever start-of-week weight on Monday.....we'll see.....

Whatever your poison or medicine (as the case may be) I hope you all have a happy and safe weekend.

CHEERS!!!
    JoJo
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Yay Friday night, work done, gym done, have resisted the call of alcohol all week soooooooooo there's a bottle of red wine waiting with my name on it :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    I've only had a small glass of wine, trouble is I topped it up 3 times whilst I was cooking dinner! :blushing:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Is it bad to make your own wine in 5 gallon lots? :embarassed:
    Only if you don't drink it!

Well, 4 days off not drinking didn't make it, came home on Monday and found out DH's salary had been cut 25%. Yepper, the economy is really improving. Had to have drinks for that. Tuesday was the Biggest Loser and one MUST drink or eat through that. Wednesday I started packing up cabinets for the kitchen remodel and of course that called for drinks. Why is there always a reason TO drink but rarely a good reason NOT to? Oh yeah, forgot our health and waistlines are a reason. Somehow that reason never gets to the top of the impulse pile.

I salute those of you that can have one and stop! I think I've never stopped at less than 3.

Welcome to all the new people! Yes we drink but some of us are still losing weight! We all just have to find a way to make it work for us.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    mcdebbie, I hear you! There are LOTS of reasons to drink!

Happy Friday, everyone. I'm new here, and I toast you with a gin & diet tonic, as I recently found out that gin has only 69 calories per oz--and I'm out of good vodka.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I've only had a small glass of wine, trouble is I topped it up 3 times whilst I was cooking dinner! :blushing:

That sounds like me. I'm going to make lasagna soon and I usually have a glass of wine while preparing it, only like you said it's a small glass of wine but the topping it off is what gets out of hand :laugh:

Well this week didn't go as I planned. I wasn't going to have anything until today, but had a stressful week before and weekend so ended up having wine every night. Now that the weekend is here I'm going to enjoy it and start again on Sunday-Thursday with trying not to have anything and if I do only 1 glass of wine in the evenings (I usually don't stop at 1 so that might be harder than not having any at all). Have a great weekend eveyone :drinker:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Welcome to all the new people! Yes we drink but some of us are still losing weight! We all just have to find a way to make it work for us.
    [/quote]

This is true. I continued to lose weight until I hit my goal and have been maintaining my weight for about 9 months now while continuing to enjoy my wine in the evenings, so it can be done.:smile: