Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Ditto "the other Amy" it is soooooo cold in Colorado. It's miserable.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I did it...Monday - 0 drinks

wooo, hooo
  • KeenaAdams
    KeenaAdams Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This Forum is great! It's nice to have a non-judgemental zone to post topics and questions relating to drinking! Thanks
  • 7samia
    Options
    My problem is that I like to have a yummy (chocolate or vanilla) drink at night. Do you think 1 each day ( if it is in my calorie range) is OK or do you think indulging in the sweet flavored drinks will sabotage my diet in the long run?
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Oh, there are people out there that will quote you study after study about how alcohol impacts the liver and yadda, yadda, yadda, then it impacts the body's ability to metabolize fat, blah, blah, blah...

I'm not one of those people.

I say, if you're in your calorie limit, go for it. :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I don't know, maybe a calorie is a calorie-it doesn't matter whether it came from carb, fat or sugar. But I am trying not to drink beer for the next three weeks. I don't know that I think beer is worse than vodka or wine, but I seem to be able to drink more of it.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Hey Amy...I get tomorrow off again. :happy:
  • amysj303
    Options
    Hey, lucky you! I work for the Federal Government and we didn't get a late start or early dismissal at all this week. Cold is no excuse I guess...
  • froggiegirl71
    froggiegirl71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just found this string and I am loving it. I have been part of a group called HASH for years now (I even meet my husband there). It is not illegal. the official motto of HASH is "we are a drinking club with a running problem". we get together on the weekend and run/walk (i walk) and have some beers. There is a "trail" set up to find and follow and if you break traditions you have to drink some beer. OH NO

It is great. I can drink but still get in some exercise to offset the calories.

HASH is a world wide group with a HASH house in about every major city. here is how you can find one in your area. http://half-mind.com/index.php
  • brittanymonster
    Options
    This thread will be useful for when my French family comes to town.

Glass of wine with lunch, two different wines with dinner, and a dessert wine after...
    I'm going to need a teeny tiny glass!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Hey, lucky you! I work for the Federal Government and we didn't get a late start or early dismissal at all this week. Cold is no excuse I guess...

It's because the busses won't start. I'm not complaining!!

I just had some hot white chocolate and vanilla with a bit of orange vodka and Irish cream. :love: Yum!!!
  • amysj303
    Options

It's because the busses won't start. I'm not complaining!!

I just had some hot white chocolate and vanilla with a bit of orange vodka and Irish cream. :love: Yum!!!
    So jealous, that sounds good. I am going to Vine Street after work, they only have beer and wine so I guess it is wine for me.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Hi everyone. I lost this thread for a while and glad to see it again. I DID IT!!! after 3 mos of tryimg and moderation I have been alcohol free since Jan 3 (yes, we had an awesome 3 day new year weekend :drinker: ) I think I shocked the hell out of my metabolism with that and 6 workouts a week.... lost 11 pounds! I will keep you posted on continued abstinence, aiming for 90 days.

(used be to clrflowers)
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Whoa, I think I have found my people.

Hi!
  • sexyjeans
    Options
    I did it! Well, almost - if I can make it through tonight, I'll have gone for one month with no alcohol what so ever!!!

Must be the first time in 15 years I've been sober this long. Two weeks to go to reach my goal now...

Great job. This is a fabulous accomplishment. I haven't gone that long by any means & know what discipline it takes. Well done!
  • moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

If any of you are watching tv, the Drs. are showing you how to lose with booze! Ahhhhhhh:drinker: Highlights: Wine is better that beer for the belly. Cheap white wine has less nitrates than expensive so if you get headaches from wine, go for the cheap stuff. Lean belly shot: ginger, mint leaves, cucumbers, club soda & gin. Drink up!
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Well, I've just switched to dry wine as it has less calories...getting to quite like it now, in fact I'm just going to have a glass or two sitting in the sun out on the deck - what could be nicer..??? I find it i have one an hour before dinner, it curbs my apetite and i dont eat as much...and do you know that red wine is good for the heart?
  • lefrance12
    Options
    bump
  • lefrance12
    Options
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]2012650.png[/url]

SW 193 Sept. 1 2010
    CW 177
    GW 170 by March 9