Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted on this thread for a while. Anyway, YES, I am still drinking, and YES, I still manage to stay under my allotted calories. i stalled out for a couple of weeks, but I had lost another pound as of yesterday. I don't believe it has anything to do with the alcohol, but I'm totally willing to cut it out for a couple of weeks if all else fails. I've known far too many SKINNY ALCOHOLICS to jump on the wagon just yet! :laugh:

My one question do the rest of you like minded lushes: Do you think most people chart their alcohol consumption? I do....but I happened to look at some of my friends food diaries, and I'm not seeing a whole lot of alcohol being consumed. There are one or two that seem to be honest, and a few that type in some "quick add" calories that could be questionable, but I don't see a whole lot of booze. (Oh, except for one guy who apparently couldn't spell and had to break up with his girlfriend after "ONE" glass of wine *coughs* (BULLSH!T))

Anywho... Am I really that different from everyone else, or just more "take it or leave it". This is me. Maybe I was raised in a family of raging alcoholics, but if I was, I swear I had it better than most of the other friends I had. I have been loved, un-abused, encouraged, and encouraged to succeed by my family....who all drink sometimes. Am I weird? Is everyone just a bit sensitive? I would love to hear some opinions from other "Like Minded Lushes". Please respond.
    :drinker:
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    amyd-i think some people don't count wine/booze. for instance, i just got back from vacation, one night i had 4 or 5 glasses of wine, I counted it (although i may have slightly underestimated the ounces since i didn't measure them), but my partner who is much more dilligent than i about measuring the food he puts into mpf didn't count anything while we were away. he just kept telling me, don't do it, you don't want to know. i on the other hand know which days i was 300 calories over, and tried to compensate with long walks on the beach or figured i'd make it up when i returned to my regular schedule.

ps after my wino vacation, i still lost one pound!
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    This is just the forum for me. Wine is my weakness and not only that I LOVE the wine that is probably the worst for you. Moscato! I could drink a whole bottle or more in one evening. I am doing good this week though. I haven't bought a bottle and have been instead drinking green tea (it's just not the same but it definitely fits better with my goals. Weekends are a different story. We shall see, thanks for starting this group. I now know I am not the only one struggling with alsoholic calories!
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Copied to April thread