Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    off to the wedding! lots of drinking in my near future!:drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Have a great time at the wedding Robin!!

I've been doing okay this week.
    0 drinks Monday, Tuesday...okay, it's only been 2 days, but still! :laugh:
  • jschwarz3531
    Options
    I decided to try something different this week. Mon and Tues I have had one glass of wine each...its very rare that a bottle gets opened and NOT finished, so this almost seems HARDER to do than just staying away all together! I'm wondering if I treat myself with one single drink a night, if at the end of the week that will add up to less than if I tried to stay away for 3-4 days and then went crazy! :drinker: We shall see. Any thoughts?
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I could see that working...The past few weeks, when I've tried to go without during the week, hubby and I have a blowout with the neighbors that involves shots and many, many, many drinks with vodka.
  • Andimcash
    Options
    This is a good group and one I need to be in.. I try to limit myself during the week and up it a bit on weekends..
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday=0 drinks
    This must be some kind of record for me! I am going out with friends after work today and I am kind of tempted to not drink because I want to work out after and I won't do that if I drink.
  • Andimcash
    Options
    I count mine before I have them then TRY not to go over.
  • BrittBrat78
    Options
    now thats a plan... i wont put beer in the fridge until i know i will be drinking them then it wont be so tempting. :laugh:
  • sexyjeans
    Options
    This is my kind of group. Great to have the support from others who are facing the same struggles. Good luck! :wink:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    well, tonight I had a glass of merlot and then did not workout. Tomorrow was supposed to be a rest day so maybe I will trade, rest today, work-out tomorrow, before my massage-since that is supposed to be my reward for sticking to my training plan!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great topic! And so true too!! My problem is that if I did want to have a drink now and then I eat horribly!! It is like a license to eat freely and not even care!
  • gaby3456
    Options
    I do like to drink. I drink beer about 2-3 times a week and yes I know it is killing my diet, but what can I say? I like beer. I am trying Michelob lite ultra this week to see if it helps with the calorie thing. I only hope that the pounds come off enough to make up for the lack of taste.
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey joining in fellow lushes! I use alcohol as a pain/stress reliever WAY too much...it was starting to be almost nightly with one drink or glass of red wine at night...Since starting dieting Jan 1 I've been much better...maybe once a week? Of course I'm sitting here right now with a vodka and Diet Hansens. :) Oops.
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    this is something i struggle with as well. i really enjoy drinking, but drinking doesn't like my waistline. =( this seems like a great group, i'm definitely interested!
  • Sheltie4
    Sheltie4 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just found this topic - excellent idea. I have not read every post, just page one at the moment and thought - this is a topic I need to be part of. I love a glass of wine or three, live in the Hawke's Bay region of New Zealand - how could you not drink wine here!

So cheers to all - look forward to reading all your posts - now off to page 2!

Just found a new Smiley as well:drinker:
  • jschwarz3531
    Options
    soooo my plan didnt really work :laugh:

Wednesday= 4 glasses of wine. Had a nice night with the family though, and basically stayed within my calories for the day so oh well.

I always drink on jersey shore night and then its the weekend, so i guess id better get my butt on the elliptical or something. Although the 12 inches of snow I have to shovel AGAIN should count for something! ugh.

gaby have you tried the bud 55s? I feel like if you are going to sacrifice taste anyway I'd go as light as you can...they arent too bad, they do have less alcohol, but that could be a good thing LOL
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Wellllllll, I had one vodka-soda last night, but I stopped at one. I didn't workout either, but like Amy, I'll just trade my "rest" days. I did do 30 minutes of yoga yesterday, so I guess I did something.

Welcome new lushes!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hey Lushes

Monday...0 drinks
    Tuesday...0 drinks
    Wednesday...bottle of wine (5)

They just go down so easily...felt good after a 12 hour work day
  • BrittBrat78
    Options
    so i stayed away from the fridge and didnt have a drink last night.. (i did try to sip off the boyfriend's but it was empty) lol thank goodness... but now i have tomorrow off and on the nights before i always get trashed... i better do my Turbo Jam extra long tonight..lol :-) keep up the great work out there...:-)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Mimosa's on the plane down here. had to have In and Out burger once we got here. had chinese takeout in the condo along with a bottle of wine. starting my morning with a shot of vodka. stressing about my iris's not opening in time for the wedding bouquets I need to make. it will be a lushy day.