Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options

Replies

• tiwrn
    tiwrn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It wasn't until I signed up that I realized how many calories are in my beloved beverages of beer/wine. This week I've been good about my alcohol intake (none so far!) so my future goal is if I work out, and don't go over my caloric limit, then I will treat myself to a glass of red wine! I will not torture myself with cutting myself off completely, otherwise this weight loss goal will not happen.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Damn iris haven't opened. :grumble: much stress must drink more wine. rehearsal dinner tonight. I get to see both of the exes. oh boy. :noway: more wine:drinker:
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Damn iris haven't opened. :grumble: much stress must drink more wine. rehearsal dinner tonight. I get to see both of the exes. oh boy. :noway: more wine:drinker:

Oh, we are all rooting for ya!! Hang in there, and if wine helps, so be it!!!
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Doing extra workout today because I'm going out tonight!
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    I'm attending a dry wedding in a month or so...do I consider it a blessing in disguise or do I go with my preweight watching plan and pack a flask?
  • saligator
    saligator Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    wooo i love this thrread! i've been off drink since new year (also bread, pasta and crisps) and so far have stuck to it. i have a 5k run on Feb 5th and can't wait until i can have a pint and pizza after!! yayyyyy!!

overall it hasn't been too bad stayiing off the booze - i've had lots of non-alcoholic cocktails and had 3 non alcoholic becks last so i still feel like i'm having somethin 'nice'. also i've been making some drinks from Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals like the strawberry slushy and pomegranite drink which are so delicious that you don't even miss the alchol!

love this thread!!
  • IreneAdler
    Options
    I make sure I save calories on my food plan for a glass of white wine in the evening. I loves me a glass of wine! But I very carefully measure out exactly 5 ounces in a measuring cup before I pour it in the wine glass. (Wine glass sizes can be deceiving.) It looks weird, but it works for me.
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    I've been lurking on this thread for a while. It's hard not to have a glass of wine when I get home from work. I usually drink white and I put some fizzy water in it to make it stretch but I still probably have 3 glasses. Last night we went out with friends and I had a cocktail, then some wine and then we moved to a new place and I had two beers. We then ate dinner (at home) but now today I am up on the scale (which will go down when I drink my water and hit the gym) but man, it is annoying :)
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Open, damn irises, open!

Holy carp! When I go...I go big! I "made up" a drink the other night...pomegranate vodka, lemon juice, and club soda. Tastes like Nestea instant tea. So, after my indoor soccer game last night, I had about 3 of those (double talls) and then, of course, we were watching Jersey Shore with the neighbors, so we did a shot of Tuaca every time Ronnie and Sami got into a fight. (Mini shots, like less than 1/2 oz.) Hubby ended up carrying me to bed around midnight. I did get up with the kids at 7:30, though. :ohwell:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I'm attending a dry wedding in a month or so...do I consider it a blessing in disguise or do I go with my preweight watching plan and pack a flask?

pack the flask...
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 5 drinks
    Thursday, 8 drinks
    Friday, 8 drinks

Saturday and Sunday should be dry since it's my weekend to work
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've had a few good weeks and have stuck to my goals when it's come to not drinking on week nights, sooooo I do declare next week to be as lushy as I want it to be. If I fancy a glass of wine or 2 in the evenings then I will do. It's the last week before I start the next module on my degree and when I'm back to that I have to try to squeeze 16 hours of study a week into my evenings and weekends so I'm celebrating my last week of freedom for a while.
  • KatieWunder
    Options
    Great idea and awesome attitude.
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I saved my calories so I could have a glass of wine that turned into two glasses of red wine. Then I stopped though I really wanted a third glass! :grumble:
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    3 jaggar and redbull last night. Did not log yesterday. no idea what they go for. Need a new drink but allergic to Vodka.
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe it, but I've actually been clean for four weeks now. And a day. It was really hard last night, though - went out to dinner with a friend, and was soooo close to ordering a glass of red wine with my pasta!

But I didn't, and feel great about sticking with it now. Just two weeks to go now... I can't wait to have a glass of champagne at this formal party Feb. 19!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Just one drink last night...a SF red bull and clementine vodka. Shooting for zero today, but I have a family dinner tonight with my entire family...my siblings drive me crazy, so I'll probably have a glass of wine.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did not drink Friday but I made up for it Saturday. I started with two beers while staining the fence, then we went to a house-warming and I think I had 6 beers and then came home and had a glass of red wine.
    Poor choice since today is my long run...
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    I saved my calories so I could have a glass of wine that turned into two glasses of red wine. Then I stopped though I really wanted a third glass! :grumble:

Hey well done at stopping at 2 :happy:
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    So I am into my week of lushy freedom and guess what? First night in, an open bottle of white in the fridge and I don't fancy it!! I'm sure that's only because I could have it, if I was trying not to drink I would want it