7 day cleanse diet,who's with me?

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    ehhh...this is fun to read,i'll go get some popcorn

You'd be better served getting a hobby that isn't trolling internet forums like a bored teenager.

YOU........

I like you....
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    ehhh...this is fun to read,i'll go get some popcorn

You'd be better served getting a hobby that isn't trolling internet forums like a bored teenager.

There's no need to project your feelings of anger and inadequacy on me or anyone else here.

No one's "grumpy", save for you.

You don't have the ability to upset me, I can assure you.

You expose your inadequacy by trolling internet forums.

I simply laugh.

Troll level: middling amateur.

wow someone's getting grumpy,i'm not a troll and not being disrespectful to anyone,so chill out.

damnnn you funny
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    What's the program?

Eat at a deficit. That's it.

I am in for this detox cause I like soup
    sike...yah no...see above about the deficit thing...
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    well thanks for all the negativity anyways,not even one ''you shouldn't do that or try something different like...''

just pure sarcasm

thank you friends,thank you

Hi, first off, I want to apologize. I was quick to use sarcasm when you posted. I would like to redeem myself. A big part of myfitnesspal is the idea that losing weight quickly is not necessarily the best for you. And quite a few people that have been here for awhile have learned that quick "jumpstarts" and cleanses tend to not only give short term results, but can damage you in the future. Cleansing is a bit of a fad in the 21st century, when people were told that if you were to lose weight quick, you could get off on a good footing towards "normal" weight loss. What those cleanses don't address is that losing weight is about consistency and taking care of your body. It doesn't teach you how to eat at a deficit or why certain foods are better in moderation than others. It is restriction and more than 90% of the time leads to binging and gaining the weight back plus some. Here are some great links (from a post I made as an former dieter and habitual cleanser) that I have found helpful when starting over or after losing track for awhile. I wish you all the luck, and you can pm me if you need anything.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1432136-meanie-hater-reinvented

Wow Mikki, it's like you have become more mature suddenly in one day. Like it is a special day or something. But no, that can't be. Just any other day. No cake required. Now get your mud mask wearing face back to work!

Nope, its not suddenly like I am a whole digit older today or anything...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    well thanks for all the negativity anyways,not even one ''you shouldn't do that or try something different like...''

just pure sarcasm

Hi, first off, I want to apologize. I was quick to use sarcasm when you posted. I would like to redeem myself. A big part of myfitnesspal is the idea that losing weight quickly is not necessarily the best for you. And quite a few people that have been here for awhile have learned that quick "jumpstarts" and cleanses tend to not only give short term results, but can damage you in the future. Cleansing is a bit of a fad in the 21st century, when people were told that if you were to lose weight quick, you could get off on a good footing towards "normal" weight loss. What those cleanses don't address is that losing weight is about consistency and taking care of your body. It doesn't teach you how to eat at a deficit or why certain foods are better in moderation than others. It is restriction and more than 90% of the time leads to binging and gaining the weight back plus some. Here are some great links (from a post I made as an former dieter and habitual cleanser) that I have found helpful when starting over or after losing track for awhile. I wish you all the luck, and you can pm me if you need anything.

Wow Mikki, it's like you have become more mature suddenly in one day. Like it is a special day or something. But no, that can't be. Just any other day. No cake required. Now get your mud mask wearing face back to work!

KKgL784.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

just pure sarcasm

KKgL784.gif

Holy bejebus I've never seen a more amazing gif.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sounds kooky to me.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    OP!!!
    This thread has entertained me all day, but now I am sorry if you felt ridiculed. I have never posted a question in the forums because i know people here can attack like a horde of hornets. But i hope someone gave you sound advice, and in the end - you seemed amused by all of it anyway. Cheers.
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I have never been more disappointed in my life...
    My stupid phone doesn't play gifs! :frown:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

just pure sarcasm

KKgL784.gif

Just posting because I need this gif in my life.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Haaaave you heard of the 6 day cleanse? So much better. You get 7 days of cleaning in 6.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n0i6ypy7R31ql5yr7o2_250.gif
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    OP, I'd like to point out that although my post was anti-cleanse, it was not sarcastic. I meant it. Some of those cleanses are dangerous. They're all dumb, but some are scary bad. And fitness gurus should never, ever be trusted with your health.

If this is the old Cabbage Soup Diet from the 70s, it's unlikely to any harm except for temporary malnutrition and diarrhea. If you don't drink enough water, you could dehydrate. It's not a smart thing to do and I would personally advise you not to do the unhealthy thing (you never know what the bad consequences might be!), but the Cabbage Soup Diet isn't as wildly dangerous as some I've seen online.

If you want to lose weight, you really should consider just eating well end exercising.
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    OP, I'd like to point out that although my post was anti-cleanse, it was not sarcastic. I meant it. Some of those cleanses are dangerous. They're all dumb, but some are scary bad. And fitness gurus should never, ever be trusted with your health.

If this is the old Cabbage Soup Diet from the 70s, it's unlikely to any harm except for temporary malnutrition and diarrhea. If you don't drink enough water, you could dehydrate. It's not a smart thing to do and I would personally advise you not to do the unhealthy thing (you never know what the bad consequences might be!), but the Cabbage Soup Diet isn't as wildly dangerous as some I've seen online.

If you want to lose weight, you really should consider just eating well end exercising.

Wow finally one of the normal answers came up. thank you.

it looks like i was supposed to be more specific in this post and and tell that i know that this magical "diet" is a piece of poop,,not trolling here,but i guess to get some answers in general,the dumb way is the only way.
    sadly
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Just read the rules for this cleanse... it's like driving 50MPH then dropping it in reverse while moving forward. I can only imagine the liquifiedd chunky trainwreck of a bowel movement this would produce.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

it looks like i was supposed to be more specific in this post and and tell that i know that this magical "diet" is a piece of poop,,not trolling here,but i guess to get some answers in general,the dumb way is the only way.
    sadly

Or you could read the threads that are stickied in each of the sub-forums?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

sadly

Seriously, OP - you seem to be expecting people to have psychically known you weren't REALLY planning on doing the cleanse and you were ACTUALLY asking for advice. Read your first post. If you want advice, ask. If you want feedback, ask. If you want a sensible conversation, try starting one rather than posting "cleanse! who is in??". It's the old addage of - Ask a silly question, get a silly answer.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    What
    in
    the....
    I don't even...
    I gotta see where this goes
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of work for basically what is a recipe to crap my pants in public.

THIS
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Nope

anyone-bueller.jpg