7 day cleanse diet,who's with me?

Options

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    ehhh...this is fun to read,i'll go get some popcorn

You'd be better served getting a hobby that isn't trolling internet forums like a bored teenager.

Wat?

Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    OP, I'd like to point out that although my post was anti-cleanse, it was not sarcastic. I meant it. Some of those cleanses are dangerous. They're all dumb, but some are scary bad. And fitness gurus should never, ever be trusted with your health.

If this is the old Cabbage Soup Diet from the 70s, it's unlikely to any harm except for temporary malnutrition and diarrhea. If you don't drink enough water, you could dehydrate. It's not a smart thing to do and I would personally advise you not to do the unhealthy thing (you never know what the bad consequences might be!), but the Cabbage Soup Diet isn't as wildly dangerous as some I've seen online.

If you want to lose weight, you really should consider just eating well end exercising.

Wow finally one of the normal answers came up. thank you.

it looks like i was supposed to be more specific in this post and and tell that i know that this magical "diet" is a piece of poop,,not trolling here,but i guess to get some answers in general,the dumb way is the only way.
    sadly

confused-fillion.gif
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Bug-Eyes-reaction-gif.gif
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Just out curiosity.....what's the "dumb" way again?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    newyorkconcerned.gif
    No one wants to see you fail, OP
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    ehhh...this is fun to read,i'll go get some popcorn
    Are you allowed popcorn on the cleanse?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    OP, I'd like to point out that although my post was anti-cleanse, it was not sarcastic. I meant it. Some of those cleanses are dangerous. They're all dumb, but some are scary bad. And fitness gurus should never, ever be trusted with your health.

If this is the old Cabbage Soup Diet from the 70s, it's unlikely to any harm except for temporary malnutrition and diarrhea. If you don't drink enough water, you could dehydrate. It's not a smart thing to do and I would personally advise you not to do the unhealthy thing (you never know what the bad consequences might be!), but the Cabbage Soup Diet isn't as wildly dangerous as some I've seen online.

If you want to lose weight, you really should consider just eating well end exercising.

Wow finally one of the normal answers came up. thank you.

it looks like i was supposed to be more specific in this post and and tell that i know that this magical "diet" is a piece of poop,,not trolling here,but i guess to get some answers in general,the dumb way is the only way.
    sadly

You have GOT to be kidding me.

I posted a ton of helpful links. I do that in a lot of newbie threads. And you think the dumb way is the only way to get helpful advice?

Okay, now I'm gonna call troll. I usually don't call troll unless it's Bright Crystal.

If you want advice on a forum then you have to ASK…people are not mind readers. We are taking time out of our day to try to help you. You asked about this fad diet. We told you no. If you wanted helpful useful info, then ASK FOR IT.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of work for basically what is a recipe to crap my pants in public.

Hey, don't judge me.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow(Tuesday for me,maybe Wednesday for you,depends on where u live) i'm going to try this 7 day cleanse diet.

http://rocknrollmommy.hubpages.com/hub/GMs-Diet-A-7-Day-Diet-Plan-to-Cleanse-Your-System-Lose-10-17lbs-in-ONE-WEEK

it's not so extreme because I really want to be back on track.

Who wants to do it with me?

going back to your original OP to see where, exactly, this post appears to be a sarcastic appeal for anyone to give you advice on how to do things the right way.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    jLZz4Na.gif
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    The whole purpose of this site is to promote and provide tools for a healthy lifestyle. If you follow the principles on this site, you will lose weight. Many people here have jumped in to give you good advice. Yes, many of them did it in a sarcastic manner, but so many of them have answered this same questions hundreds, if not thousands, of times. Obviously, you can do whatever you like, but I don't think you're going to find anyone to do this cleanse with you. There is a lot of information out there about the potential damage you can do to your body using these cleanses, so you'd be wise to heed what these folks are telling you. I know it's hard to hear; believe me, we all wish there was a quicker, easier way to lose weight, but there isn't (at least not one that is safe). It takes hard work and dedication. But anything worth having usually does.

Before you decide to do this, be sure and read the links in the pinned post in the category. There is really good, scientifically-backed information about the problems with cleanses. If you decide to instead do this the healthy way that MFP promotes, I'm sure you'll find many friends here that are willing to support you and help you. But you have to decide what you want to do and commit to it.
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    sheldon-nope.gif
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Negative!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    This thread was hilarious.
  • shexy16
    Options
    No thanks. I don't like to have disgusting gas and risk chitting my pants.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    What's that expression I keep hearing at this website....?

Hmmm?

Oh yeah...you must be new here.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    giphy.gif

AWESOME Spider!!!! I LURVE Spiders.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    What's that expression I keep hearing at this website....?

Hmmm?

Oh yeah...you must be new here.

Noobs get a pass for just being misguided. When I was non-knowledgeable I research a lot and found both sides to whatever it was I was looking for.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    I guess before making any post i should share my whole history and weight loss/gain past,because it seems like people assume that i am some girl with few pounds to lose but i want the lose fast because i need to get in to that little red dress that i bought by next Tuesday.

I'm sorry...sometimes it just aggies me....

Then why didn't you get the dress in your size? It's just so ridiculous, Lucy!!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    well thanks for all the negativity anyways,not even one ''you shouldn't do that or try something different like...''

just pure sarcasm

thank you friends,thank you
    I wanted to respond to this. In my perception, people are just trying to point out the "scam," for lack of a better word, behind such a diet that promises you to lose so much weight in so little time. Any weight that is lost on a "cleanse" or "detox" diet is mostly water and will be replaced once you start eating normally.

I understand wanting to do something to "kick start" your weight loss, so I would like to suggest something more reasonable, sustainable, and much more fun. It'll probably stop any binge urges as well, since you should be eating enough food.

How about finding your calorie goal to lose weight, eating the foods in moderation while staying in your calorie goal, weighing all food and logging it, all of which creates a slower more pleasant approach to losing weight?

What better kick start than learning how to portion foods you love and creating good habits?

Creating a sustainable plan takes one day at a time, one moment at a time.

You dan do this. :smile: