Fit For Future Families - January 2011

Options

Replies

• heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Monday again!

Jessi I'm TOTALLY there with you! I'm active and feel like I'm doing all the right things and still no loss. I will weigh in on Friday cause even though I only had one "free" meal on Friday night, I didn't eat or sleep anywhere near normal this weekend and I know for a fact that I will hold onto weight when I'm sleep deprived. But how frustrating is it when you feel like you go above and beyond to be fit and active and eat right 90% of the time and still do not get the results we so deserve with all of our hard work?! Sometimes I will browse other people's food diary's (not talking about any of my dear friends here of course) and can't believe that they are losing weight by eating crap for b'fast, and fast food for lunch and dinner and drinking 2 cups of water and hardly any to no exercise....I know I shouldn't but I so am jealous of 2 kinds of people, people that can decide tomorrow to get pregnant and BAM they are pregnant, and people that can eat whatever they want and be thin. Well keep working at it girl! Like I said I feel your pain and am right there with you!

Charlie- Nothing worse than a raging UTI. I had one once that was so bad I was peeing bright red blood. Talk about scary! Hope you feel better soon. Those antibiotics work pretty quickly. When is your next appt? I'd talk to the talk about looking at starting provera or something to get you back on track with your cycles.

Pam- Congrats on the weight loss! You are doing great!

Ron- Agree with Pam that you can stay as long as you need to! You will be in my prayers for (another) BFP!

Erica- Did you cave and test yet? lol! I know I'm holding strong to not testing until Feb 4th, but come Feb 1st I know I'll be itching to test!

AFM- Goals this week are to get in all of my planned exercises. Drink lots and lots of H2o as usual. Stay within my calories all week with only 1 free meal. And stay busy busy busy hoping the week flies by!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    No need to test here. My temp plummeted and AF showed. It's really not that surprising. I mean... I've done this 12 times already, what's another one? :cry: I'm just hoping my GYN can get me in on Wednesday for bloodwork.

No weight change this week, which is shocking given that I neither tracked calories or exercises. I'm hoping that I'll stop wheezing so I can get on the elliptical tonight.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Erica - I feel for you. It's a big deal to have 12 now.....at least the doctors will try and figure out what's going on now.....I hope you get your answers. I don't think it's too shocking since you had the swollen jaw for a while and weren't able to eat normally - that usually means a loss or a stable week. I hate the AF witch!!!! Oh and I hate the wheezing!!! Feels like you can't get anything accomplished.

Heather - I like your goals - they are the perfect ones :) I don't think the people that are on here are eating crap and are thin.....LOL They're here for a reason - they're probably eating crap and losing because they're so much further back than you. You've already accomplished so much and the fact that you can't eat crap and lose is a testament to that......

Charlie - Same thing happened to me last year. The doctor didn't even need to test it........he just looked at the sample cup and said "I've never seen it so bad, how long have you been in pain?" For someone who claims to be so "in tune" with her body twinges etc.....it's amazing I let it get so bad. You'll be feeling much better very quickly!!! Your urine will be strange colours though...LOL

Jessi - I say the same thing when I notice that I am not putting 100% into an exercise....at my pool, I always stand right across from the poster of the kid (It's saying more than an arms length away is too far....but I use it for motivation to remind me why I'm there!) Glad I'm not the only one.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    No need to test here. My temp plummeted and AF showed. It's really not that surprising. I mean... I've done this 12 times already, what's another one? :cry: I'm just hoping my GYN can get me in on Wednesday for bloodwork.

No weight change this week, which is shocking given that I neither tracked calories or exercises. I'm hoping that I'll stop wheezing so I can get on the elliptical tonight.

That just stinks. Sigh......hugs.
  • epa422
    Options
    I'm going to scream.

I tried calling my GYN to set up bloodwork for CD 3. The nurse has no idea what they would test. Then, she can't even find me in the system.

I give up.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    I'm going to scream.

I tried calling my GYN to set up bloodwork for CD 3. The nurse has no idea what they would test. Then, she can't even find me in the system.

I give up.

That's ridiculous!!!!!!! I'll scream in sympathy!
  • epa422
    Options
    Thanks. I'll just look at it as divine intervention that I should just wait another month. Or call my general practitioner. I'm still waiting for her to figure out where my files vanished to and I'll probably feel bad when she calls back and let her schedule, but I'm no longer all gung-ho about getting testing done. I'd rather just not do it this month after all.

I'm going to see my GP this afternoon for my sinus pain and ask her about getting the ball rolling on testing. She had offered to do it in June, but I balked thinking I should have my GYN involved instead (and then he refused to do anything for a year). So I'll see if she's still willing to help me figure this out.

OK, enough about me...
  • charliewigan
    charliewigan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    oh erica, im so sorry that your AF showed up. I hope you can get some answers from the dr's now. :flowerforyou:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Erica - your GP should be able to order the tests......I understand why you want to wait......it's taken us 10 years to understand completely what the issues are because I gave up so many times. I think 1 cycle is not terrible - gives you a chance to mentally recoup, but don't let it go too long :) You'll regret it......I can't believe we didn't follow up on DH's issue for 8 years and it was a relatively easy fix (we hope).

AFM: I gorged on brownies again last night ..... sigh.....this week will be better - I promise. I woke up feeling relatively good - we'll see how long it lasts though....DH is off work today and I'm WFH so it should stay a pretty good day overall. I have a non-scale victory to share with everyone. As of this morning. I can fit my left thumb and middle finger around my wrist on the right hand. Have you guys had any non-scale, non-TTC victories to share?
  • epa422
    Options
    Thanks for understanding, Pam. I said the same thing to the nurse, "Well, if I can't get in on Wednesday, let's just schedule a consult for later this month. One month isn't going to hurt after 12 months of trying." She didn't agree with me. Then called back unable to find me and I said, "I guess this just means I should wait... it's not a big deal." She still didn't agree. I haven't heard back, so she's probably having a really awful morning thanks to me.

Hooray for your NSV!

I'm thinking if I've had any NSV lately... I'll get back to you.
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi girls~

It has been terribly long since I have replied, but I have been reading and keeping up (borderline stalking!) as I find each of journeys so inspiring and interesting.

Erica - My heart breaks for you - I would have been in tears after getting off of the phone. I hope something gets scheduled soon for you, whether the appt is this month or next!

Pam - Yay for your non-scale victory! Those are always fun, because sometimes you see a difference in the scale and not your body. My clothes fit a little looser today, so I was pretty happy today! Also, I've been able to run longer and longer, which makes being at the gym more fun (once I drag my butt there!)

Heather - Your goals sound great this week. As others have said, you are already in a great place, so you have to try harder than those who just have to make minor changes to lose weight. Like my husband, who can still pile blue cheese dressing on eeeeverything he eats and drop 10 pounds quickly if he just plays basketball a few times a week!

Charlie - I'm glad you caught your UTI before it went to your kidney! I unfortunately went through that last year and man was it terrible! A great diet though, haha! Hope your antibiotics work quickly!

Ron - !!!!!!!! I keep checking back to see if you tested today! I hope it is another BFP!!!!!!!!

KAH - Great job on the loss!!! One brownie won't ruin it! :) Your poor hubby! He must have been so excited! It is a little funny, hopefully in retrospect!

AFM, I just joined fertility friend and have been temping since AF started last Sunday. This will mark the fourth month I am off BC, but I don't know when to count us as officially trying. I think I am going to use an OPK this cycle, too. I recently got bloodwork back from my general practitioner and my thyroid was so low I needed to double meds (i'm hypo), which would impact TTC annnd weight loss, so hopefully that was all that was screwing it up!
  • epa422
    Options
    Thanks, Andrea. I was too busy laughing at the irony to cry. I still haven't heard back from them, but I've already scheduled an appointment this afternoon with my GP. It doesn't sound to me like they'll be too sad to lose a patient when they've already lost me from the system.

Way to go on looser clothes!! I hope the increase in thyroid meds gets you moving in the right direction. I'm sure you'll feel a lot better, too. I know even a minor change in my levels can make me feel terrible.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies! You all know how i feel about monday's! Super motivated that it is a fresh start (although i don't plan to start logging foods etc until after the hubs leaves) I still feel really motivated to get stuff done! I took a few notes as i read thru the posts but i did it from my phone so PLEASE forgive me if i leave someone out! I don't mean to! I <3 you all!

Pam - Great loss! I too feel like i was losing more steadily when i am on a good sleep schedule! Great goals for the week too. I try to take a few minutes to myself to pray (i.e. Meditate) the last 5-10 minutes before bed. It does bring on a sense of peace that might not other wise be there.

KAH - That story about your husband finding your OPK is kinda cute though, My hubs did kinda the same thing when i first started doing OPK's and although my hubs didn't get excited like your (the timing wasn't good for us to have been preggo at that time) it was nice to see he was paying attention and as time has gone by and now we're TTC he gets excited when was doing them.

Ron - If you think for one second we're going to kick you out of this board just bc of one silly extra line on a HPT your mistaken! I hope the test this morning was +++ too! I hope you, me and a few others on here can be baby buddies!!

Erica - Super Boo for AF! Super DOUBLE Boo for stupid Dr offices! It's nice that you have empathy for the nurse (assuming she's just having a bad morning etc) but i'd be demanding to talk to the Dr...you have far more patience than i would have had!

Charlie - Isn't it funny that when we're not TTC we wish AF wasn't around due to all the "FUN" things she brings with her, but when we need her most she doesn't show! Hopefully she comes so you can start a new cycle

Great job ladies on the non-scale victories...I feel like all the work i did in the fall has been wasted as I have been holding strong at 142-144lbs...right back where I started...and i feel...fat. Yuck!

AFM - Temps are staying up! Day 5 above coverline...You would not believe the feeling I had when FF finally noticed my temp increase...It was like OMG It ACTUALLY happened...I was beginning to think it was user error.
    I've already decided to start testing on 10DPO(This Saturday)...and won't stop until I get a BFP or 20DPO (that is when i will go to the DR and be FREAKING out lol) I'm hoping we got the timing right...ugh, I'm OVER this 2WW already! Less than 2 weeks left with the hubs so trying to make the best of our time together...I'm rather in denial about it all.
  • epa422
    Options
    Alisa, I hope you get to enjoy your time with your hubs before he leaves and you get your BFP so you don't have to wait. It's got to be so hard to have him gone. I couldn't live like that. I'm not as strong as women like you. Thank you for sacrificing for the rest of us. :flowerforyou:
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    Thanks Erica, I assure you I am no stranger to deployments (my father did 27years in the navy) but it never gets any easier and it's obviously different this time since it's my husband. The hardest part has been preparing for the worst. Getting will's together and filling out form after form about how I want to be notified in the event of his death or an accident etc or what to do with my son in the event something happens to me...

I'm really hoping if we are preggo that we find out before he leaves bc email won't be up until a few days after he's gone and I know I won't be able to keep it a secret for long but I want him to be the first to know!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm a little embarrassed to ask, but I'm not following some of the lingo on here.

What is BFP?
    I assume I know what AF is...
    But I can't figure out OPK. and DPO?

Who wants to be my decoder ring?

:wink:
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    erica- My heart breaks for you. I know the frustration that one little trip to the ladies room can have. The worst out of all 7 years was definitely between 6 months to a year and a half into it. I don't think I'd ever been so sad a person and cried so much. But now the quest begins and you will be able to start to dive deeper into things and maybe just maybe it could be something that is simple to fix. It has taken 7 years but I think we are FINALLY getting closer...I pray that it doesn't take anywhere near that amount of time for you. Again...I'm sorry. And as for the Doc office, what morons! If I were her I would have gone ahead and made the appt and worried about finding your chart later. What, they can't make an appt without having proof you've been there before?! UGH!

Alisa- hopefully you will have some answers before your husband leaves. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Cause technically you have to be on CD 40something right? I'm still keeping you in my prayers for your BFP! I did a psychic reading for fun and the lady said that I'd be getting pregnant in March and be due in Dec...I told my husband and he was like "well send the bill to the father cause I'll be gone so you know it won't be me!" lol! They always say the best way to make God laugh is to tell him your plans....and boy does that not totally include us and ttc with husbands that have a duty not only to our household, but to the nation. My 2ww is already driving me nuts and I just started it! Testing on Feb 4th!

Pam- I love your non-scale victory! I remember 2 specifically. The first one was when I was driving somewhere and I looked down and I could see the bone on my wrist! It had been so long since that sucker was MIA! lol! The other was when I first started working out I was the biggest girl in the cardio kickbox class. It was so hard for me at first and I'd always stand in the back row. After a couple of weeks I noticed that I was doing as good or better than many people in the class. I still remember the day I stood in the front row and felt great about it! To this day I always stand in the front row just to prove a point to myself that I've come so far!

Andrea- that's great that they actually found something and can fix it with meds. It is so frustrating knowing that there is something wrong and nobody can find out what it is! Glad you are back!
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    I'm a little embarrassed to ask, but I'm not following some of the lingo on here.

What is BFP?
    I assume I know what AF is...
    But I can't figure out OPK. and DPO?

Who wants to be my decoder ring?

:wink:

BFP- Big fat positive (as in pregnancy test) took me a while to figure it out or ask too! :)

Af- Aunt flo (that wonderful thing better known as menstrual cycle...bleh)

OPK- ovulation predictor kits

Dpo- days past ovulation

There is actually an entire list of acronyms you should google ttc acronyms :)
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    BFP= big fat positive
    DPO= days past ovulation
    OPK = ovulation predictor kit
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wow, busy (both the board and me) So I tried to keep up and read as much as I could. Sorry this is going to be a long one...:heart:

KAH- WTG!!!! Down 1.2! That's awesome!

Ron- YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you! I have my fingers crossed and praying that you will see a BFP again tomorrow. Oh, and don't worry about loosing weight, just see it as getting healthy. Loosing a few lbs in the beginning shouldn't hurt.

Pam- -2.7?! Awesome! Great goal for more sleep. I think I might have to join you! I know that is why I haven't had much progress lately. I have gotten out of my bedtime routine as well.

Charlie- I'm sorry about having a UTI. (knock-on-wood) I have never had one, and by the sounds of it I don't want one. I hope the meds work quickly and you are back to yourself inno time.

Jessi- No change is a win in my book! You are on the right path; don't let the numbers stop you!

Erica- Grrrrr! (for both AF and Dr Office) I hope you get the test you want and continue to go forward in your efforts. I envy your attitude. Stay positive. (I know easier said than done)

Alisa- I'm still praying and crossing my fingers for you! And I hope you enjoy every minute with your Hubs. We just had a farewell party for one of my good friend's DH who will be leaving this coming Saturday. I told her as well, I really don't know how you can do it! I don't know if I would be strong enough to let mine go for so long. You are strong and I thank you and your Hubs!

AFM: Geese where should I start! Lots going on... (sorry in advance)
    1. I have been eating like a total pig and not even caring. Now I feel like a blimp and I have no one to blame but myself. I cannot stay under my goal of 1220 without feeling like I am completely starving.

2. I have been SO busy that I haven't been able to make it to Zumba. I biked for an hour on Saturday, but only gained 269 Calories, not good enough to counter-act the horrible eating.

3. I have no idea what is going on with my retarded uterus! TMI ALERT: Like I said before I had some red spotting that started Thursday, then nothing all day Friday, then some clots on Saturday morning, then nothing for the rest of the day, then a little red spotting Sunday morning, now nothing! GRRRR if AF wants to be here she better stick around, but if not Get the heck out of here! Now I have twingy pains throughout my stomach. Kind feels like gas, but at the same time it doesn't. I have no idea what to make of it. Tried to go to the restroom, and nothing... I really would just like to know what the heck is going on. Any input would be appreciated. :frown:

5. Very busy week at the theatre, we have special teachers in from New York giving classes, a Joffrey Ballet performance this weekend, and 2 auditions for summer programs that will be here this weekend as well. Phew, I'm ready for a nap but....

4. My sister decided to end her relationship with her baby's father Thursday night, and in reaction to her leaving (they did live together) he has taken Lilly (my niece) and will not tell my sister where they are! He has been in contact with my sister, but he still won't tell her where they are. They have been gone since Friday afternoon. (He said he was going to be back for her bedtime and never returned) Lilly is only 15 months and he has not fathered her at all. He would get up in the morning around 8-9a and not come home till after 10p. He has no job, no car, a pending eviction notice, and shut off notices from all the utilities. So, I (the little sister) has had to hold my Big Sister's hand and go to a lawyer's office to file for custody and help her get everything lined up for the battle ahead. We still don't know where Lilly is or even if her is caring for her properly, being that he really hasn't been around to know what to do. UGh!

Sorry for the unload, just a little frustrated! :explode: