*Snowflakes to Sunshine Challenge* : Discussion Week #1

Options

Replies

• Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    So far so good! The scale is being nice to me so far this week. I hope that continues. Plus, I started something new! I got Zumba for my Wii and love it! That will give me something to do when I can't make it to the gym. Another benefit is that my 9-year-old daughter was up and doing it with me! We were laughing and having a blast! I guess one suggestion I could offer is to try something that you wouldn't normally do. I never thought I'd be coordinated enough to try Zumba-whether in a class or in my own home. :) I'm glad I mustered the courage to give it a try!

I love that there are so many people in the challenge! It really is motivating. It's also good to know that I'm not at it alone. Through the ups and downs of this journey, there will be other people having similar experiences. :)

Good luck everyone!!!!
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am starting this month with JM 30DS. I have done two days, and will do the third day after work tonight. It is rough, but I know it is going to help with this challenge! I hope to get in the Wii a few days a week also, but for sure doing 30 days of the JM video.

Also, I need to work on my water! I can get most of it in during the week...but weekends-NOPE! I can't seem to do it! I think I am going to have to start setting alarms on my cell phone, to drink water, and that way when it goes off-I have to go drink some. Maybe that will help.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am starting this month with JM 30DS. I have done two days, and will do the third day after work tonight. It is rough, but I know it is going to help with this challenge! I hope to get in the Wii a few days a week also, but for sure doing 30 days of the JM video.

Also, I need to work on my water! I can get most of it in during the week...but weekends-NOPE! I can't seem to do it! I think I am going to have to start setting alarms on my cell phone, to drink water, and that way when it goes off-I have to go drink some. Maybe that will help.

That's a great idea about setting the alarms! Eventually, you'll just be in the habit. Water is a hard part for me, too. I've tried having caffeine free herbal tea a couple of times a day and counting it as some of my water. Some people say it has to be pure water and others say caffeine free beverages can count. I'm going wih the idea that my herbal tea can count. :wink:
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So far so good! The scale is being nice to me so far this week. I hope that continues. Plus, I started something new! I got Zumba for my Wii and love it! That will give me something to do when I can't make it to the gym.

I am looking forward to this. I bought zumba for the wii too but won't get a chance to use it for another two weeks since I'm out of town but whenever someone mentions how much they like it, I get excited to try it out all over again.
  • dkbstill
    Options
    Okay so started working out today and I must say that I can actually breath a bit while doing Zumba on the Wii. I started with 10 minutes of stretching yoga. So I was able to get 30 minutes in, however I did not hit my calorie target for exercise. I figure that it will balance itself out since I seem to be under 100 calories daily when tracking my food intake. I am hoping that I can get my 8 hours of sleep in tonight. I am back to school and back to work, so are the kids and the husband. I have to make sure that I use my time wisely and get it in! Determined to finish what I have started!:smile:
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    i definitely need to work on my water intake! I'm still so sore but it's a refreshing kind of sore lol.. Also, I discovered when I eat fast foods I start feeling really sick... my body is finally starting to tell me to reject those!!!!
  • dkbstill
    Options
    I love the Zumba for the Wii it's so much fun! For those who have it and have not tried it yet you will too!
  • justforme8
    justforme8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im undecided if the large amount of people in the challenge is good or bad for me that is. I am always on here reading, just never posting a ton, not with a soon to be 3 month old and a 3 1/2 yr old home all day with me!! I am doing well. I have no trouble working out, its the FOOD I akways have struggled with. But so far I have done so very well with my choices including serving size! wHOOP WHOOP. I also am starting a class with a good friend, and of course training for a half marathon, all while studying for my nursing boards! haha I love my hectic life. Good WEEK to everyone! ;)
  • bhonniered
    Options
    I love that there are alot of people involved in this challenge - it is exciting to read about what people are doing and gives me some great ideas. I totally forget that I have a WII sitting in my front room. Today is a snow day - the kids are off and I couldn't get out of my yard :huh:

So after everyone gets up and gets moving I think I'm gonna do the WII boxing with the kids and then some rockband - I LOVE the drums (wonder how many calories you can burn doing Rock Band?) :bigsmile:

Over the holidays I gain 3 lbs, but well on my way to getting rid of that. My sodium intake was way too high for the last 2 weeks. I struggle with that most.
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I did well BETWEEN Christmas and New Year's, but now this week I'm hoping to the lose the 2-3 pound gain (sodium) AGAIN and get back on track!. I have not seen the scale move much, but I have gotten compliments that I look like I'm losing weight. I think it is because I'm feeling healthier in my own skin for the first time in a long time. My goal during this challenge is to increase my workouts and also my water. I do great at work, but not at home.

I'm glad there are so many people as well, I like reading what everyone else is doing and it really challenges me to keep it going!!! - Best of luck to all of us!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm up 2 pounds since Friday. No exercise since Friday and some bad food choices.

Looking forward to getting back on track this week. We (both the kids and I) are back at school today. Meeting some friends tonight for a walk. Yay!
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Doing well Just really started yesterday..Looking forward to what is to come !! Good luck every one!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I do great at work, but not at home.

I struggle with this as well because during the week I have my lunches/snacks planned out. Dinner at home is usually okay, but it's hard sometimes because there are days I have to cook/prepare 3 different meals. I.E. My husband doesn't really like eating the healthy stuff I cook for myself so a lot of times I end up fixing him something else. And my son is on a gluten/dairy free diet and I have to prepare something totally different for him.
  • rula39
    rula39 Posts: 26
    Options
    So far so good. Have been doing the elliptical and want to start some weight lifting this week maybe 2x. I am still bummed that i cant walk or go for a run.(planter facilities on my left heel) Been hurting for 6 months now so that put the brakes on my weigh-loss and my spirit. But this week I will just do the elliptical for 30-40 min and I should be ok.

I am glad everybody is doing this together.
  • ucms
    ucms Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For the last two days I've been close to my calorie goal. When I am hungry at night, I go on to the computer and read the recent posts. They seem to distract me from the fridge!!!!
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Very excited about this Challenge. What a great support group.
  • rula39
    rula39 Posts: 26
    Options
    That is a good idea!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I'm totally psyched about the challenge as well! I'm doing several different challenges right now, and they all complement each other very well. Each of the challenges and people in the challenges will keep me motivated to stay on track, and honestly that's what got me out of bed on on the treadmill at 5:30 this morning! I am committed to staying consistent, and even if I have a gain I will check in every week!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    bump!:flowerforyou: No time today to chat but will soon!