*Snowflakes to Sunshine Challenge* : Discussion Week #1

Options

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    So I did the first DVD from P90X (Lean Version) and OMG! I did the first 30 days really early last year, and you totally forgot how it totally kicks your butt. My core is killing me today, but it is that really great pain that makes you realize how hard you worked the day before. I can't wait for the pain tomorrow from my Cardio X workout tonight!!

I am also patting myself on the back for my willpower yesterday. My husband brought donuts home (and I LOVE donuts) and I took a look and then walked away and didn't even regret it. I feel so empowered. :)

Woohoo!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    So after the Biggest Loser tonight I was soooo motivated!! I had a double workout today!! This morning and just got finished with my second!!! :) Woo Hoo bring on Friday I am soooo ready for this weigh in!!!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My Zumba class is having a rest week this week, which sucks, but I went and pulled out one of my Tubo Jam DVDs. I did one of the cardio parties. I forgot how much it works abs, I am sore today. I have been also doing Zumba on the Wii.
    I tend to watch Biggest Loser while I am walking on the treadmill, it gives me motivation to workout harder and longer.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am more motivated so far!! My calories are under but I am constantly trying to keep my sodium low, 1500 mg would be great a day per my doctor since I recently got put on blood pressure meds, but I am finding that impossible, 2500 mg is hard too, so I continue to work on this!! I am trying to drink more water than 64oz a day too, I heard you are suppose to drink half your weight in oz. from somewhere BUT that means I have to drink 132oz a day, idk if I can do that but I am trying.... Have a good day everyone, it is one day at a time!!

I find it easier to drink more water If I keep a large glass with me at all times through the day... whenever you see it on your desk or walk by it in your house, just take a sip!.. Also,... I like to add a lemon or a lime, somtimes if I get crazy an orange... just to spice it up a bit!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I just started with a new fitness game I got for my Ps3 for Christmas... its awesome, I secretly hate it becuase it shows me how out of shape I am... but I feel so much better after getting my blood flowing and sweating a little bit!... and the workout I did only took 20 minutes!... shows that there is no excuse for missing a workout session!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    OMG!! I lost1" off my hips and 1.5" off my waist this week!! No wonder my pants are fitting so much better!!!

I feel on top of the world. AND I'm only 4.6 more lbs from being under 200. AMAZING.

Great job!!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Good morning Snowflakes!
    I'm a little discouraged this morning. I don't know why I let it get to me, but I took a peek at the scale this morning to see where I was in my weightloss this week and I was UP! I know it is probably water retention because I did eat out last night and it was probably loaded with sodium (I'll have to go back and look at my food diary). My hands were puffy this morning. And a lot of times when I start working out I gain weight at first. I did a 24 min workout last night that was pretty intense. I'm going to try to flush some water through my system today to see if that will help. Any encouraging words would help too. :ohwell:

ETA: Okay I just looked at my diary for the sodium count. 3600+ sodium in dinner alone!! :noway: Okay, that explains the weight gain this morning. I should just stay off the scale until weigh in day.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    forgiven4life Chin up girl! You will get there! Now get drink that water! :wink:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I hit my February 1st weight goal today!!!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Exercise goals this week:

JAN 1 -Sat-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX AND WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS - the video not done - 4089

JAN 2 -Sun-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEP, GEORGE WALK N BOX - the videos not done yet - 4196

JAN 3 -Mon-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ JMS VIDEO (FORGOT THE NAME) the videos not done yet - 4134

JAN 4 -Tues-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ GEORGE WALK N BOX - the vids not done yet - 14383

JAN 5 -Wed-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 6 -Thurs-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, JACKIE WARNER WORKOUT

JAN 7 -Fri-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX

Nutritional goals this week:

-NO FRENCH FRIES

-NO MUSHROOM N SWISS BURGER/SNACK WRAP

-Log all food every day.

-Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.

-Stay between 1200 - 1500 calories everyday

-BEVERAGE OF CHOICE: ONLY WATER AND GREEN TEA

since starting work for the new year on monday i have been eating mushroom n swiss snack wrap reason being is that i have not ate anywhere between 1200 - 1500 calories a day yet...lol....been doing great on no eating small fries and have been getting @ least 64 oz water everyday

have not done ANY of the exercise vids yet...so instead of marathoning it....ill just get in what i can...TODAY i will definitely do:
    jillian michaels cardio kick box
    george foreman walk n box
    and the other jillian michaels video...walk @ least 5000 steps as well
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Good morning Snowflakes!
    I'm a little discouraged this morning. I don't know why I let it get to me, but I took a peek at the scale this morning to see where I was in my weightloss this week and I was UP! I know it is probably water retention because I did eat out last night and it was probably loaded with sodium (I'll have to go back and look at my food diary). My hands were puffy this morning. And a lot of times when I start working out I gain weight at first. I did a 24 min workout last night that was pretty intense. I'm going to try to flush some water through my system today to see if that will help. Any encouraging words would help too. :ohwell:

ETA: Okay I just looked at my diary for the sodium count. 3600+ sodium in dinner alone!! :noway: Okay, that explains the weight gain this morning. I should just stay off the scale until weigh in day.

You can do it! I like to get on the scale every morning, just to see where I'm at and to see how each day's food choices affect me. But that's not for everyone! I go up and down and I just take it with a grain of salt (in a manner of speaking! :smile:)

If you go over your sodium, you should expect a gain, just from water retention. Just be sure to drink plenty of water today and it'll be gone soon. Don't let it discourage you!!!
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!
    Today I am going to work on water in take. Also, I have to stay off the scale. I was down today-but still up from last Friday. Little Depressing still-but trying to not think about it. Um...that is hard to do though:)
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    so many posts to read! i love it!

happy wednesday everyone! i am having a GREAT DAY so far! i am so sore from my workout last night, especially my calves, but a good sore. i pushed HARD in my workout yesterday. i did mile 3 & 4 of the biggest loser power walk dvd (that alone kicked my butt!) and then did 30 good minutes on my elliptical while watching biggest loser! i was so motivated watching that i upped my normal routine and really stepped it up. i'm so glad i did though! today i stepped on the scale as a cheat before weigh in and i'm already down. SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

workout 3 of 5 this week comes tonight. looking forward to it! keep going everyone!!

whittrusty- congrats on your losses so far! feels great, right?! that's awesome!

amandaR910- congrats! are you going to set another goal for yourself since you beat your original?

forgiven4life- don't fret girl! chug that water today and get a good workout in! your weight will go back down in no time! : )
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Doing good so far. I 1hr walk on the track with a friend on Monday. Nearly an hour ont he elliptical last night. Either a walk tonight or going to the gym. LOTS of water!!!!!

Kepp it up snowflakes! We can do this!!!!!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

miss_amy - Wow great News! keep up the Awesome work-outs!!!
    Yeah Biggest loser actually got me up for 15 minutes jogging around the house, LOL. First time I actually watched it, Its a little to brutal for me to watch :indifferent:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    amandaR910- congrats! are you going to set another goal for yourself since you beat your original?

I'm not sure. I don't feel like I'll be able to get my final goal before September 1st, so I might leave them as is.
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    I love this site, it's amazing what reading other people's posts can teach you, I didn't know a thing about sodium or what it does when you have too much until I just read these last few posts, so thanks for sharing! I'll be sure to watch my sodium intake and always drink my water! So is our weight in day Friday or Saturday, I thought it was Sat when I signed up, maybe I was wrong?

On another note, from what I have read so far everyone seems to be doing well, good job everyone and keep it up!!!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I hit my February 1st weight goal today!!!

That is AWESOME! Great job girl!
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    Good Morning Snowflakes! I stepped on the scale we are going to use at work for our Winter Meltdown Challenge and I've lost 5 lbs since the last day of school before break (December 17th)! Considering the Holidays and a wedding and an overnight trip with the family, that's great. Now I'm really getting down to it again.
    1200 calories a day
    3 days of Fitness Frenzy at the YMCA a week (interval style cardio and plyometrics) about 400-600 calories burned
    3 days of Kinect Personal Trainer and other games to get to 250-350 calories burned
    1 day of Yoga for 50 minutes
    Goal to lose 1.5-2 lbs a week and be a cute size 6/8 for my Anniversary trip in July.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options

I'm not sure. I don't feel like I'll be able to get my final goal before September 1st, so I might leave them as is.

Don't worry about it...as long as you get there! That is alllll that matters.