Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've been getting all of my water and most of my veggies this week (still some room to improve :) )Also I've done some kind of workout every day for 10 days in a row. It's been fun to try out new classes and hike some new trails around town to mix up the running and walking to increase the intensity.

Sounds like everyone is off to a great start. Keep up the good work!
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was a little under my daily calorie allotment yesterday (which is good because I needed to make up for my over calories from the day before!). I woke up in the middle of the night and DID NOT eat anything! Yeah! I have a one day goal, and that is I will not sit in front of this computer when I get home from work -- reading everyone's posts. I will go downstairs where my work out equipment is (not promising I'll use it). One small step at a time, right? Have a great day!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    The regular sized strawberry limeade chiller was 730 CALORIES!! I stopped drinking it right then & threw it away. Of course it was delicious, but no amount of delicious is going to sabotage my hard work!
    true that!! have you heard the quote "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" your story totally reminded me of it!! lol

Oh those CHILLERS! They are heavenly are they not? I used to drink the java chillers religiously but gave them up too after seeing the calories. The low cal diet cherry limeade, though not ice cream, is only 26 cals and very delicious! Makes a nice treat!

I've really been doing well this week with calories and working out, but my sodium has been high and I feel so swollen. I've been drinking and drinking and drinking, but to no avail. Grrrr.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! Congratulations to all of you that have been doing so well. It seems like most of you have been.

Tish- I am with you on struggling to stay under my calories. So far this week I have gone over my loss calories every day. Luckily, I have been staying under my maintenance calories for the most part.

I'm not to worried about going over this weekend. I have two friends coming into town tonight. They are both on super strict diet plans and neither of them drink alcohol. One is doing a popular (according to her) eating plan with OA. Her breakfast is oatmeal with half a banana. Her lunch and dinner are chicken, veggie, 1/2 c. rice, and two corn tortillas. The other friend is doing a type of fast with her church were she isn't eating meat, except fish, or bread. Let me tell you, figuring out meals for the three of us was rather taxing on my poor brain but at least there won't be much in the way of temptation. :tongue:
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join you girls this week? Or should i/can i start next week?

I am super-impressed with how fast this thread moves and all the motivation going on here! Just what I need! :)

Hope its okay for me to hop in!
    Im Kathleen. At the beginning of this week I was 175.4. Now I am 173.0

Thanks! And feel free to just let me know if its a closed group! :)
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! So I got a new scale yesterday and I need to adjust my starting weight because this one is wayyyy off (or... I hope so, cuz it says I'm a LOT heavier than the other one lol). It's about 5 pounds more than my other one :-/ so can you change my starting weight to 175.8 please? If not, no biggie! Thanks!!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    good morning pin-ups!

so i was doing so well this week, especially with my workouts and being well under my calories (i usually only eat about half of my exercise cals back) and then i blew it and went over my cals last night. however, because i saved some cals from the past two days, it pretty much evens out so i should still be good for weigh-in. i'm not going to beat myself up about it, but i am disappointed in myself. i'm going to use that as motivation to kick my own butt in tonight's workout.

hope everyone has a great day!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    You all are doing so well!!! Can't wait to see the results of the weigh-in on Monday!! :flowerforyou:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    The gloves did come with my DVD and they're about a pound, maybe two. I'm not really sure. They're not ridiculously heavy so yeah. :) It definitely has toned up my arms significantly.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies!

Together we are going to be fit and more fabulous!

Have a great day!

Karen
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Last night I tried a new class. A Body Pump class. It was intense but has really upped my enthusiasm and motivation. I feel good today. Better than the last two days. Hope it sticks!

Katie
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Did 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results fat burner DVD for the first time tonight. I will be adding this to my routine.The time went by so fast and its a good workout. I did all 5 workouts (50 mins~Burned 381 cals).

I might get that one and add it to my stash as well! I don't use the weighted gloves for the kickboxing one, but I have have wrist/ankle weights that I use - they're 1.5kg total I think. Arms are definitely feeling it by the end of the 50 mins!
  • choisooyoung
    Options
    I've started taking a 30 minute walk in my lunch hour - so instead of just sitting at my desk reading the newspaper, I get an extra 2 miles a day!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Did 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results fat burner DVD for the first time tonight. I will be adding this to my routine.The time went by so fast and its a good workout. I did all 5 workouts (50 mins~Burned 381 cals).

I might get that one and add it to my stash as well! I don't use the weighted gloves for the kickboxing one, but I have have wrist/ankle weights that I use - they're 1.5kg total I think. Arms are definitely feeling it by the end of the 50 mins!

I'll have to check this one out. I'm always open for a new workout to add to my collection. Thanks!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I'm really craving Wendy's for lunch, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my 4lb by the end of January goal. Maybe I'll go there and get JUST the spicy chicken sandwich?
  • nurseandi
    Options
    MMM frosty
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Hoping you all have a great day!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Don't do it Rach!! You'll regret it later!! Remember, you are NOT willing to sacrifice your efforts so far this month, keep that momentum going!! Head to your local grocery store and pick up a salad and a fruit or likewise....

Well if I go have just the sandwich, I'll still have 600 or so calories left for dinner, and that's IF I don't exercise. I'm thinking I may treat myself today, but skip the fries and soda. Spicy chicken sounds soooo much better than the hot pocket I have. :laugh:
  • meganhmb
    Options
    I've started taking a 30 minute walk in my lunch hour - so instead of just sitting at my desk reading the newspaper, I get an extra 2 miles a day!

That's a great idea! I am having a hard time finding time to work out between work and my commute and taking care of my sweet daughter - I think I will try to walk at lunch too.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Well if I go have just the sandwich, I'll still have 600 or so calories left for dinner, and that's IF I don't exercise. I'm thinking I may treat myself today, but skip the fries and soda. Spicy chicken sounds soooo much better than the hot pocket I have. :laugh:
    I had Chipotle for lunsh and it was fabulous.