Looking for those who have 100 + to lose

Options

Replies

• Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!! I am right back to logging my food today and ready to go!! I have had a super busy morning this morning already. I got up and got dressed, fed and watered the rabbits, unloaded the dishwasher, got a load of clothes in the the washer, took my daughter Anna Grace to school, came back and got Jacob my son some breakfast as well as myself, and put the clothes in the dryer, I am sitting here relaxing for awhile and then I am going to possibly strap on my HRM and get busy with some walking. I hope you have a great day. I will be back later.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Good morning my Tuesday Titans of Tightness. LOL ( I don't know haw many more new phrases I can come up with)

I woke up crabby this morning. I think I am just tired. I got to bed late and then couldn't turn off my brain so that I could fall asleep. I was ticked off at my daughter because she was sooooo moody and snippy last night. I am sure I wasn't like that at her age :ohwell: Okay, okay I probably was and possibly even worse. So, how can I improve my mood??? I think at my morning break I will go walk the stairs. Exercise always helps.

I did notice that when I am tired it is so easy for me to slip into making bad choices. I was so tempted to stop by Mc Donald's for a breakfast sandwich this morning but I didn't. I noticed that across the street from McDonald's there was a Subway. There was a poster in the window advertising their breakfast sandwiches. I got a ham, egg white & cheese on a whole wheat english muffin for less than 200 calories. (I am doing the happy dance)

Laura- great job getting right back in the tracking thing today. Did you go to Chinese last night? Was it great? Did you have almond chicken? Oh please tell me you did! I love Chinese:love:

I gotta run we are having a super busy day today but I will check in later. Happy losing,
    Staci
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good morning my Tuesday Titans of Tightness. LOL ( I don't know haw many more new phrases I can come up with)

I woke up crabby this morning. I think I am just tired. I got to bed late and then couldn't turn off my brain so that I could fall asleep. I was ticked off at my daughter because she was sooooo moody and snippy last night. I am sure I wasn't like that at her age :ohwell: Okay, okay I probably was and possibly even worse. So, how can I improve my mood??? I think at my morning break I will go walk the stairs. Exercise always helps.

I did notice that when I am tired it is so easy for me to slip into making bad choices. I was so tempted to stop by Mc Donald's for a breakfast sandwich this morning but I didn't. I noticed that across the street from McDonald's there was a Subway. There was a poster in the window advertising their breakfast sandwiches. I got a ham, egg white & cheese on a whole wheat english muffin for less than 200 calories. (I am doing the happy dance)

Laura- great job getting right back in the tracking thing today. Did you go to Chinese last night? Was it great? Did you have almond chicken? Oh please tell me you did! I love Chinese:love:

I gotta run we are having a super busy day today but I will check in later. Happy losing,
    Staci

I will be having Chinese on Friday. I absoultly love me some chinese food. How old is your daughter? I so don't look forward to teenage years with my daughter. She is so sassy and smart mouth already. She came home one day and told her daddy and me that a boy she likes named Eli is hot, I almost fell off the bed, I am like what???????????? She is only 5 years old. I asked her where she heard that from b/c we don't talk that way in our house and she said that she heard it from a little girl named Scarlett that is in her class. I explained to her that we don't talk that way here and I don't want to hear that again. She looked at me like I will say what I want to. Thank God that I only have one girl and that my second child is a boy.
  • StaciO
    Options
    Laura, I have to say she is 16 and usually very sweet and likable but I think she has PMS. I am so glad that I don't have to deal with PMS for myself anymore. The good news is for her it only lasts about a day or so. Enjoy your Chinese on friday. I will be thinking of you.

I have to tell you all what a dork I am. I was standing infront of a small mirror checking to make sure I had all of my hair in my surgery hat before entering a room and I noticed a smudge of "dirt or ink or oil" at the base of my neck kind of to the side. Now I haven't gone any where since my shower this morning and I work in surgery. I should be pretty clean right? So there I am trying to wipe it off when one of my co-workers asks what I am doing. I tell him and he says "Well, you have some on the other side of your neck too. So I am now using a paper towel. He starts laughing and says "Stac, you dork its a shadow from you collar bone." Collar bones!! What the heck are collar bones? Ahhhh, I think I remember them. I thought I lost them in high school.

It makes me want to wear a necklace.
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    Hi Laura, I had lost 107lbs so I know it is a great accomplishment. I will be with you to support you anyway I can. I do things know I never thought possible. I used to weigh 262lbs and is also a stay at home mom of 2 kids. I am now 150-155 lbs and I am exercising everyday with cardio and 3x a week at the gym for weight training. I also take care of many children now I am a daycare provider, so yes it can be done and you will di it. I will say everyday is a challenge for me and it will be the rest of my life but I would nor give it up for anything to go back where I was. I will friend you just to keep you motivated. If you don't have any videos for home I would recommend Jillian micheals 30 day shred or any of her and biggest loser videos they are awesome I still use them that is how I started. Keep in touch and good luck.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Laura, I have to say she is 16 and usually very sweet and likable but I think she has PMS. I am so glad that I don't have to deal with PMS for myself anymore. The good news is for her it only lasts about a day or so. Enjoy your Chinese on friday. I will be thinking of you.

I have to tell you all what a dork I am. I was standing infront of a small mirror checking to make sure I had all of my hair in my surgery hat before entering a room and I noticed a smudge of "dirt or ink or oil" at the base of my neck kind of to the side. Now I haven't gone any where since my shower this morning and I work in surgery. I should be pretty clean right? So there I am trying to wipe it off when one of my co-workers asks what I am doing. I tell him and he says "Well, you have some on the other side of your neck too. So I am now using a paper towel. He starts laughing and says "Stac, you dork its a shadow from you collar bone." Collar bones!! What the heck are collar bones? Ahhhh, I think I remember them. I thought I lost them in high school.

It makes me want to wear a necklace.

Sounds like your daughter does have PMS if she is normally really sweet. LOL at thinking you had dirt on you when it was a shadow from your collar bones. I laughed out loud when I read it, my hubby wanted to know what I was laughing at.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hi Laura, I had lost 107lbs so I know it is a great accomplishment. I will be with you to support you anyway I can. I do things know I never thought possible. I used to weigh 262lbs and is also a stay at home mom of 2 kids. I am now 150-155 lbs and I am exercising everyday with cardio and 3x a week at the gym for weight training. I also take care of many children now I am a daycare provider, so yes it can be done and you will di it. I will say everyday is a challenge for me and it will be the rest of my life but I would nor give it up for anything to go back where I was. I will friend you just to keep you motivated. If you don't have any videos for home I would recommend Jillian micheals 30 day shred or any of her and biggest loser videos they are awesome I still use them that is how I started. Keep in touch and good luck.

Welcome. I can't accept any more friend request b/c I am to the limit of 250 friends on here. I don't like it that they set a limit on the friends that we can have on here. Congrats on the 107 pounds lost. You are such an inspiration. I can't wait to get to 107 pounds lost and beyond.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options

That is awesome!!! Congrats on weight loss and maintenance also!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So how is everyone doing this cold day? It's beautiful here, until you realize it's 1 degree outside (actual temperature, the windchill is much colder).

Did everyone survive the superbowl? I made way too much food, and we're still snacking on it. I entered the recipes here though, so I could know how many calories each item had. The biggest treat was a cheese ball, and we ate it with veggies instead of crackers. I made my own veggie tray and I don't think anyone missed the crackers and chips. We also had spinach ricotta cheese balls, (about 50 calories per ball) and I made a homemade marinara. They were really a nice treat, and very filling.

I'm back down to my pre-workout weight. I want to start C25K program in 2 weeks, so hopefully will be able to run enough to do that. I hate to run, so it's a big mental challenge for me. My boyfriend's sister is a runner, and I'd like to enter a 5 k just to try one. We shall see! If I can get in good enough shape by April when the snow melts, running outside is much easier for me.

Tonight I'm going out on a date night, we're eating at Red Lobster, if I avoid the biscuits I can eat pretty healthy there, and I should have enough calories saved to not go above my goal. I love fish, so it's always a treat.
  • AriesOx
    Options
    Jenny - I love those rare times when I'm the only one in the gym. I'm so self conscious on the elliptical because I can only last 5-7 minutes compared to those who are on there running for 30 minutes or more. Because of this I usually stick to the bike and dusted off my Walk Away the Pounds DVDs.

Ricey - I think I'm jealous :laugh: I work for a health insurance company who talks a lot about getting healthy but have not gone to the length of paying for workout equipment. You are fortunate!! I do have a weight loss coach I have started working with and since I have so much to learn she will be helpful.

Good luck to everyone and stay motivated! I have been reading some of the posts and love the support and motivation you all provide! This board was a great find for me. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Cathy
    Cathy: I know I'm lucky :) My last job had a wellness program, but it was pretty lame. They got you to keep track of exercise minutes, and then would award prizes once you hit certain minutes. Sounds good in principle, but it means people just claim exercise and collect the things instead of actually exercising :ohwell: This company actually states in their policy that they want a healthy workforce and as an incentive the $750 is available to every full time employee, and $350 for every part time worker. I know all of my co-workers take advantage of it. Several pay for gym memberships (we also have a gym at our workplace, free for any worker, but my job doesn't allow for me to take a break to use it, and by the time my 12 hours are up at work I just want to go home :) others use it for equipment like I have, and some have used it for ski passes etc. We aren't allowed to use it for clothing or anything like that, and it is only stuff for the employee (not for kids or spouses) but it is a great program.

As for the elliptical - I understand completely. The longest I've ever been on it is 6 minutes, and my legs were screaming at me after that. I much prefer the stationary bike and now of course the rower. I have a friend who can jump on the elliptical and go for over an hour, no problem. She's actually the one who pointed me here. She's lost about 30 pounds or so (maybe more, she's never really said how much) and is at her goal weight now (she was no where near as overweight as I am). I wish I had her energy - she's always go go go :) Anyway, she pointed me here and it has been helping a lot. I really didn't realize how many calories I was consuming before. I knew it was too many, but portion sizes were a big eye opener. I'm hoping to keep going at a steady rate.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I haven't done much with mine yet, but hopefully that will change :)
  • cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Stacio, I am so excited for you!! I can't wait until I can see my collarbones. I will stand in front of the mirror TRYING to find mine :blushing:

Congrats and keep up the great work!!
  • PirateJenny
    Options
    Cathy: I am also self conscious at the gym, but I am slowly getting over it.

That five or so minutes on the elliptical is better than nothing and will eventually go up.

I work out in a gym that skews young and slim and I have actually gotten a few stares and ugly looks, which had the reverse effect. Since I caught a few people shaking their heads or making faces I have loosened up and pump my arms on the treadmill more, get on more awkward machines. It was like, "Seriously? You know nothing about me and I am actually trying to be healthier."

I used to try and convince myself that the occasional looks or other reactions were in my head, but I know they exist and I need to acknowledge they do to move on. The gym and the grocery store are where I get them the most. Not every time, but enough for a life time. It seems like buying food or exercising are not okay things to do if you are overweight.

I was holding this for last: I have lost 9 pounds since I started going back to the gym (about two weeks)! Some of it may be water weight, but I'll take it. I weighed myself on the same day, at the same time, on the same scale and before my workout so it should be accurate.

Thanks to all of you for helping to make it possible!

SW: 273
    CW: 264
    GW: 125-130

Mini-goal One: 225
    Mini-goal Two: 200
    Mini-goal Three: 175
    Mini-goal Four: 150
  • StaciO
    Options
    Jenny, great job on the weight loss!! That is soooo awesome.

oceanrose, yes I survived the superbowl in great shape.

I am bushed today though so I am heading to bed. Have a great night all and happy losing,
    Staci
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!! I have had a really busy morning again. I am always really busy in the monrings. Today though I am pressed for time. My daughter Anna Grace gets out of school at 12:30. The schools pick one day a month and the the kids get out at 12:30, it's something to do with them preparing the teachers for testing or something like that. I am hoping that we get our state taxes back today but if not I will be waiting for them to get in there. I wish it would hurry up. I guess I need to learn some patience according to my hubby. I tell him that I don't have any patience and they need to hurry up and get here :laugh: I am so ready for Friday to get here, this week is going by so slow. I want my treadmill and my bike already!! Anyways, I hope you all have a great day, I will check back later.
  • StaciO
    Options
    Good morning my lovely losers! How is everyone? I am great. I slept well and my daughter was not crabby yesterday:smile:

Tonight is zumba class. I can't wait. My abs are a little sore from my ab workout on Monday but it is a good kind of sore. Know what I mean?

Laura- time alsways seems to move so much slower when you are waiting for something (especially if it is something good)

I am going to sit here at my desk and watch the blue sky out the window (no rain here in Seattle yet today wooohoo!)

Have a great afternoon and happy losing,
    Staci
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    hello can I join in? I ideally have around 100lbs to lose, although this is going to be really long term!!

My start weight in November time was 240lbs I am currently at 224.4lbs and would love to be around the 135lbs mark. Looking to lose around 35lbs between now and July so need all the support I can get :D
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good morning my lovely losers! How is everyone? I am great. I slept well and my daughter was not crabby yesterday:smile:

Tonight is zumba class. I can't wait. My abs are a little sore from my ab workout on Monday but it is a good kind of sore. Know what I mean?

Laura- time alsways seems to move so much slower when you are waiting for something (especially if it is something good)

I am going to sit here at my desk and watch the blue sky out the window (no rain here in Seattle yet today wooohoo!)

Have a great afternoon and happy losing,
    Staci

Yes, always drags by so slow. No state taxes today. Hopefully they will be in there tomorrow.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    hello can I join in? I ideally have around 100lbs to lose, although this is going to be really long term!!

My start weight in November time was 240lbs I am currently at 224.4lbs and would love to be around the 135lbs mark. Looking to lose around 35lbs between now and July so need all the support I can get :D

Welcome, and yes you can join. The more the merrier.
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Oooh Staci, I envy you being in Seattle today. That is my hometown and I miss it so much :(.

How are you liking Zumba? They are starting a Zumba class at my local gym and I was thinking of signing up next month.

Here it's way too cold, but supposedly it's going to warm up over the weekend for a few days. If so, I'm going to get outside for a walk or 2. It might hold me over till spring!

Hope your tax refund comes Laura, waiting for that is so hard. I need to get mine filed here. Since I'm not working currently, I could definitely use the cash!
  • StaciO
    Options
    oceanrose- I love zumba! It makes sweating fun. :happy: