Looking for those who have 100 + to lose

Options

Replies

• Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been on this site for a while, but just started to activelyuse the site this week. I want to lose about 130 pounds, just looking for some people who are in the same situation. Just trying to take it one day at a time. I have been doing P90X for about 2 weeks now, lost 2 pounds and 5 inches, so really happy with my progress so far. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Hi and welcome to the group.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!! I have been so incredibly busy today. I was going to do 60 minutes of walking today but only mananged to get in 30. It's okay though, I am glad that I got in some.

overit- no I don't eat my exercise calories. I talked to my doctor about it and she told me to eat anywhere from 1200 to 1600 a day and not to eat my exercise calories. So that is what I do.

I hope you all have a great night. I am off of here. Going to meke some beaded earrings.
  • raising2ells
    raising2ells Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Kelly. I have 115 pounds to lose. I joined MFP on December 27 and have lost 17 lbs so far. You will LOVE this site and the motivation/ideas/incentives you will receive. :) Proud of you for making the choice to better yourself!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Great job on your loss, Kelly! Proud of you for making the same choice :)
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hi. I'm Kelly. I have 115 pounds to lose. I joined MFP on December 27 and have lost 17 lbs so far. You will LOVE this site and the motivation/ideas/incentives you will receive. :) Proud of you for making the choice to better yourself!

Hi Kelly!! Congrats on the 17 pounds gone forever!! I do love this site. In fact I have been on here for 2 years. On January 1, 2009 I joined this site and lost 52 pounds, but I let life and stress get in my way and I gained it all back plus 3 pounds. I got discouraged and deleted my account. I came back in September 2010 and lost 7 pounds but decided to wait till January 1, 2011 and gained the 7 pounds back during Christmas. I have lost a total of 11.4 pounds since January 1, 2011. I will weigh in again on Monday. I can't wait to see what I have lost this week. I know it won't keep coming off that fast but I am okay with that. I know I didn't gain the weight overnight and it won't come off that way either.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Good morning my Friday Fitness Fanatics! How is everyone today? I am feeling good. I played wii fit for an hour and a half this morning. I am thinking of taking it to our cabin this weekend in case it is rainy. My lovely daughter loves to play just dance with me so I think I will. I will be entering my food by phone this weekend so log your food & exercise and happy losing.

Staci
  • Marlena11
    Marlena11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I am 22 years old and I need to loose over 100 pounds too. I just started this site a few days ago but, I have been trying off and on to loose over 100lbs. At my heavist I weighed 319 my goal is 150. Good luck! :smile:
  • IMDABEAST
    IMDABEAST Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started at 485 on jan 14 2010 and currently weigh 333. I still have a long way to go but it can be done.:smile:
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Welcome pooch74 and marlena11. We can so do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site for a few weeks logging my food.

Several years ago, I lost 75 pounds, only to gain them back the the last few years. Working 40 hours a week in a burger restaurant didn't help, and neither did the stress.

Right after the first of the year, a few weird things led to me quitting my job, and at the same time my brother had gastric bypass. I know that in reality, I have as much to lost as he does, and I could be just as good of a candidate.

So I joined a gym down the street, and started logging my calories, figuring out where my problem areas are. This site is doing great to keep me on track.

I've lost 8, have another 102# left to go. I know how to do it, I just need to keep it up :).
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    I have been on this site for a few weeks logging my food.

Several years ago, I lost 75 pounds, only to gain them back the the last few years. Working 40 hours a week in a burger restaurant didn't help, and neither did the stress.

Right after the first of the year, a few weird things led to me quitting my job, and at the same time my brother had gastric bypass. I know that in reality, I have as much to lost as he does, and I could be just as good of a candidate.

So I joined a gym down the street, and started logging my calories, figuring out where my problem areas are. This site is doing great to keep me on track.

I've lost 8, have another 102# left to go. I know how to do it, I just need to keep it up :).

Welcome. I love this site. It's great.
  • Leesa22
    Leesa22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started at 485 on jan 14 2010 and currently weigh 333. I still have a long way to go but it can be done.:smile:
    Pooch that is amazing!! :)
  • StaciO
    Options
    Hello and happy Sunday. I have just returned from my cabon and stayed on track this weekend. Woo, Hoo!! It is good to see some more people joining us. I love the support system here. So tomorrow is the final weigh in for the biggest loser contest at work. I am hoping that I did enough this week to stay on top. Does anyone here belong to curves? I have been going to the YMCA but the only thing I have really been doing there is a circuit class and zumba. A zumba class has recently started where I work so I could drop in there right when I got off. Also the circuit class is just like curves but curves is about $20 less than the Y per month. So, I am jst wondering how people like curves. Anyway, just wanted to check in real quick before taking my daughter to soccer. I'll check in again a little later. Have a great afternoon and happy losing,
    Staci
  • blueeyeddragon2115
    Options
    I have about 100 to lose after losing 20lbs. Can i join this group and what do i need to do? When are weigh ins?
  • StaciO
    Options
    Of course you are welcome to join us blueeyeddragon2. Just weigh in on whatever day you regularly weigh in. I weigh in on Mondays because I am also in a contest at work. I don't think everyone does though. We are just here to support each other. Someone, I'm sorry I don't remember who, suggested we try for 3500 calories burned each week. I have not met that goal yet but I keep trying. Feel free to friend me if you want.

I gotta run for tonight, my grandson is coming over to play Wii with me:tongue:
  • lorisowers
    Options
    Hello everyone my Name is Loretta. I have over 200 lbs i want to lose. I just join MFP on Friday and was wanting to join this group.
  • StaciO
    Options
    Welcome Lori. We would love to have you.

So after playing tanks for an hour. I finally convinced my grandson to play wii fit with me. I am tired. for those of you that have young (4 - 5yr olds), how in the workd do you do it? No wonder God gives us children when we are young, as we get older we just don't have that kind of energy.

Alright, I have done everything I can possibly do for my weigh in tomorrow. and I wouldn't wish a gain on amy of my coworkers but I am just hoping for the biggest lose for the finale. Ithink I will go drink some more water and hit the sack. Have a great night all and happy losing,
    Staci
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and trying to avoid surgery and just improve my health overall.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and I have about 145 lbs or so to lose. Ideally 150 would be goal weight and I'm at 295.6 right now. Its right in the middle of many of the ranges set for my height. But I will adjust when I get close.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    I have about 100 to lose after losing 20lbs. Can i join this group and what do i need to do? When are weigh ins?

Welcome. There is really no particular weigh in days. I think we pretty much all have different ones. I weigh in on Mondays.