BeachBody Faithful

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking Shakeology for almost a year. Love it and have it every day mixed in a cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk.

My husband just started drinking it a month ago and was able to stop his daily dose of Prilosec for chronic heartburn and acid reflux as a result. He's the biggest skeptic I know and is totally convinced that Shakeology is the reason he was able to stop the meds.

Sharon
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone back and read everyone else's posts, but I will later once I get my own post posted. Haha, that's a lot of posts, huh? :laugh:

I have done Beachbody workouts since 2007. I was grossly overweight (191 pounds, size 18-20) and the gym didn't help as much as I thought it should (member for nearly a decade!!!) and other home workouts didn't work as I thought they should (Tae Bo, for example) I saw the Power 90 informerical when I was at work and I scribbled down the website to check out when I got home.

I bought Power 90 even though I saw P90X and was considering that one. I am glad I started with just Power 90! I think what makes these programs work is the fact that they are not just exercise programs, but they come with nutrition guides (NOT diets) that teach you how to eat. The gym never emphasized nutrition, and neither did those other programs like Tae Bo. So after doing Power 90 for the first time, I got my weight down to about 150 pounds.

After Power 90, I bought Turbo Jam. I am Turbo fanatic and now work for Powder Blue as a Turbo Kick instructor. :love: :bigsmile: But anyway, Turbo Jam helped me to get down to around 140 pounds in the summer of 2007.

After TJ, I decided to give in and buy P90X. Holy cow. I think anyone who has a bad word to say about P90X has obviously NEVER DONE IT!!! I got down to 128 pounds, was wearing a loose size 6 (or tight size 4 depending on the style and brand) and was clearly in the best shape of my life. I even won TBB's "Million Dollar Body Game" back in March of 2008. This was something that I never thought was possible since I had tried so many things to lose weight that simply did not work.

Since finishing P90X, I have done Rockin' Body, Hip Hop Abs, Brazil Butt Lift, Insanity, ChaLEAN Extreme, Rev Abs, P90X Plus, and Slim in 6. I love them all, but I am really partial to Turbo and P90X.

Last year I didn't keep up with my food or my workouts like I should have been doing, and I gained some weight back. I am back up to around 145. YUCK! So I am currently doing P90X with Turbo Kick rounds on the cardio days and possibly some doubles with cardio from RB or BBL. I will be 128 pounds again...actually, I will be 125 pounds! No doubt. :flowerforyou:

I also love Shakeology and have it for breakfast at least 3-4 times a week. I can't have it everyday like a lot of other people because I really love chewing my food, lol. But, it is a great meal replacement on those days that I don't feel like cooking breakfast. I get that way a lot since when I wake up, I don't wanna do ANYTHING, haha!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Lyadeia - you're right about P90X. If anybody has a bad word to say about P90X then they haven't tried it. Even the big guys in the gym lifting tons of weight could benefit from the program. But many people want to remain closed minded.
  • JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    I've been drinking Shakeology for almost a year. Love it and have it every day mixed in a cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk.

My husband just started drinking it a month ago and was able to stop his daily dose of Prilosec for chronic heartburn and acid reflux as a result. He's the biggest skeptic I know and is totally convinced that Shakeology is the reason he was able to stop the meds.

Sharon

I am going to have to tell my fiance about this. He has bad acid reflux and his stomach gets upset alot. He takes an over the counter stomach medicine but maybe something healthier would be better. Its hard though since this man is not a healthy eater. yes he eats the meals I make him.. but sometimes its just chili dogs, ice cream, blah blah blah. Luckily his bad eating habits aren't the ones I had ... so I could care less what he eats lol. I don't crave any of it.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

Sharon

I am going to have to tell my fiance about this. He has bad acid reflux and his stomach gets upset alot. He takes an over the counter stomach medicine but maybe something healthier would be better. Its hard though since this man is not a healthy eater. yes he eats the meals I make him.. but sometimes its just chili dogs, ice cream, blah blah blah. Luckily his bad eating habits aren't the ones I had ... so I could care less what he eats lol. I don't crave any of it.

Is your fiance my husband (LOL!) because he was the exact same way about eating (and drinking wine) until he had hernia surgery about 6 months ago and the doctor diagnosed him with hypertension and put him on blood pressure medicine. Now he's getting scared straight because he doesn't want to be on medicine for the rest of his life so he's trying to eat healthier, get some exercise every day, and pay attention to what I tell him about the benefits of better nutrition. Jeez, you'd think the guy would be a convert after watching me lose 43 lbs by getting up 6 days a week at 4:30am to work out. :laugh: Better late than never I guess!

Sharon
  • JLeeAlton
    Options

Sharon

Is your fiance my husband (LOL!) because he was the exact same way about eating (and drinking wine) until he had hernia surgery about 6 months ago and the doctor diagnosed him with hypertension and put him on blood pressure medicine. Now he's getting scared straight because he doesn't want to be on medicine for the rest of his life so he's trying to eat healthier, get some exercise every day, and pay attention to what I tell him about the benefits of better nutrition. Jeez, you'd think the guy would be a convert after watching me lose 43 lbs by getting up 6 days a week at 4:30am to work out. :laugh: Better late than never I guess!

Sharon

lol. I try to talk to him about it but hes the kind of person that if its not happening now (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc etc) he isn't worried about it. Also you would think he would take notice of his father having diabetes that he would be concerned now. Anyways, I don't push it on him.. I try my best to keep clean foods in the house. Like I said he does eat the meals I make and even the right portion size. He is a snacker on carrots and celery.. but he loves his sweets and chili dogs lol. One day it will click, in the meantime I will just be patient with him =) I do have to say.. he does exercise. He has a huge weight bench and lifts everyday and gets on our elliptical. No its not totally hopeless.

Edit to add: I told him about shakeology and he is willing to give it a try. Think we are going to wait til after the wedding/long vacation though since we have ALOT to pay for in the next 4 months. Let ya know how it works out!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I still have a wicked headache (borderline ocular migraine) but I'll try and push through a Sweat 3-4 and Ab Ribber 200 workout tonight. I've been hydrating all day to get ready for it.

Ugh.

I'll be finishing up Power 90 and starting P90X while away on a trip. Funny enough, one of my coworkers who is going with me has done P90X a few times and is currently doing Insanity. She's going go join me in my workouts on the trip. So, I'll have a workout buddy for my first few P90X workouts.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Max Interval Circuit today! The drills kill me every time lol 445 cals burned.
    Might get on the elliptical later...
  • tiger87lilly
    tiger87lilly Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone back and read everyone else's posts, but I will later once I get my own post posted. Haha, that's a lot of posts, huh? :laugh:

I have done Beachbody workouts since 2007. I was grossly overweight (191 pounds, size 18-20) and the gym didn't help as much as I thought it should (member for nearly a decade!!!) and other home workouts didn't work as I thought they should (Tae Bo, for example) I saw the Power 90 informerical when I was at work and I scribbled down the website to check out when I got home.

I bought Power 90 even though I saw P90X and was considering that one. I am glad I started with just Power 90! I think what makes these programs work is the fact that they are not just exercise programs, but they come with nutrition guides (NOT diets) that teach you how to eat. The gym never emphasized nutrition, and neither did those other programs like Tae Bo. So after doing Power 90 for the first time, I got my weight down to about 150 pounds.

After Power 90, I bought Turbo Jam. I am Turbo fanatic and now work for Powder Blue as a Turbo Kick instructor. :love: :bigsmile: But anyway, Turbo Jam helped me to get down to around 140 pounds in the summer of 2007.

After TJ, I decided to give in and buy P90X. Holy cow. I think anyone who has a bad word to say about P90X has obviously NEVER DONE IT!!! I got down to 128 pounds, was wearing a loose size 6 (or tight size 4 depending on the style and brand) and was clearly in the best shape of my life. I even won TBB's "Million Dollar Body Game" back in March of 2008. This was something that I never thought was possible since I had tried so many things to lose weight that simply did not work.

Since finishing P90X, I have done Rockin' Body, Hip Hop Abs, Brazil Butt Lift, Insanity, ChaLEAN Extreme, Rev Abs, P90X Plus, and Slim in 6. I love them all, but I am really partial to Turbo and P90X.

Last year I didn't keep up with my food or my workouts like I should have been doing, and I gained some weight back. I am back up to around 145. YUCK! So I am currently doing P90X with Turbo Kick rounds on the cardio days and possibly some doubles with cardio from RB or BBL. I will be 128 pounds again...actually, I will be 125 pounds! No doubt. :flowerforyou:

I also love Shakeology and have it for breakfast at least 3-4 times a week. I can't have it everyday like a lot of other people because I really love chewing my food, lol. But, it is a great meal replacement on those days that I don't feel like cooking breakfast. I get that way a lot since when I wake up, I don't wanna do ANYTHING, haha!

Thank you for this post! You made a very important statement when you said "you didn't keep up with your nutrition and workouts"

Unlike people who have been fit their whole lives and haven't had to lose 10-100 pounds, it is important to maintain the progress you have made. We sometime get comfortable and lack in our regimen which sets us up for the down fall. I know I have done it to my self. I was in the best shape of my life and got comfortable and before I know it I had gained all my weight back plus some.

The moral of the story is we can not stop, we have to keep pushing play and make conscience decisions when it comes to what we put in our bodies.

Thanks again for the reminder!

Good luck with your goal and I'm sure you will do it!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    alright. I LOVE insanity, i LOVE Turbo Jam (but, olnly have turbo jam live so its just the one workout) and have Turbofire but, find it hard to follow. What I adore about Insanity is that you just do it to fialure, repeatedly. I like the lack of difficulty in that. I mean, the moves are difficult but, not hard to follow, kwim?

Here is my ?, bb lovers, Which program is going to yield me the highest calorie burn (I know this is all relative, just curious....). I'm considering restarting Insanity but, am also considering P90x lean maybe.....I'm not too sure. I need a little guidance!
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Here is my ?, bb lovers, Which program is going to yield me the highest calorie burn (I know this is all relative, just curious....). I'm considering restarting Insanity but, am also considering P90x lean maybe.....I'm not too sure. I need a little guidance!

I have only done P90X and Insanity but in my opinion, P90X gave my the most results (weight loss and muscle tone). Of course this many be due to the fact that I did two rounds of P90X and only one round of Insanity and I did P90X first so I had more to lose at that time. From a pure calorie burn, I would say that Insanity is best (although from what I'm reading, Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme are good as well). Although P90X burns less calories, you get a higher after burn so in the long run you might be better off with P90X.

I'm starting my P90X/Insanity hybrid on Monday so hopefully I'll get the best of both workouts. Off to do Fountain of Youth Yoga. Have a great day everyone.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,607 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing the Beachbody workouts and sampling the supplements since early 2008. I weighed about 165 then, and my first year of doing the workouts, I sort of cleaned up my diet, but not enough, and I lost a little weight, but not enough.

I think Yoga Booty Ballet was the first workout I tried. I liked it, but I wanted to commit to a program with a schedule that had a beginning and end.

I did Slim in 6 next. It was great, but I was definitely ready for more variety after six weeks of virtually the same workout every single day.

Then I did Power 90. I absolutely loved it. But I was scared to do P90X.

So I tried Turbo Jam. I know lots of people really love this workout. I couldn’t stand it! :tongue: It reminded me of all the times I tried to join my friends in an aerobics class and felt like the spastic misfit who could never get it. That’s why you’d find me in the weight room instead.

Then I did P90X. It pushed me in ways I didn’t know I could be pushed, which was good for me. I did the Classic version my first round. I took a little time off and started a second round. I was doing the Lean version that time, and I found it to be more enjoyable. I didn’t ever finish that round, because my dad became extremely ill, and most of our days for about a month were spent at the hospital with him. Workouts went out the window, and my eating went to hell.

Dad passed away August 4, 2009. I weighed 169. Ugh.

August 10, I started another round of Slim in 6. August 17, I found MFP and started tracking my food religiously.

After that, I did Slim Series, which is the follow-up to Slim in 6. This is my absolute favorite workout to date, and I think it’s one of Beachbody’s unsung heroes. I love, love, love it.

A while back, I was thirsting for a challenge, and I felt like I had some unfinished business with P90X, so I did another round. I did Classic again. What was interesting for me was that I felt like it gave me some amazing upper-body workouts but that it wasn’t enough for my legs after all my Slim in 6 and Slim Series workouts. I love my squats, and Debbie Siebers gives me plenty of those.

I’ve tried Shakeology. I used it for quite a long time, actually. I don’t have anything bad to say about it. I liked the chocolate with a little cinnamon added, but the bottom line for me is that I’d rather spend my precious calories and money on food I like better than Shakeology.

Programs I haven’t tried but would like to are Chalean Extreme, TurboFire and Brazil Butt Lift. For now, I’m still doing Slim Series. I like the results, and I enjoy the workouts. I'm sure I'll want to mix it up eventually, but SS is a program I see myself always coming back to.

Today I weigh 139. I credit my BB workouts AND the Food Diary here on MFP. My initial goal weight was 145. I hit that in March 2010. Then it was 140, which I've achieved. Now I want to focus on getting my body fat under 20%. I just had it tested yesterday, and it was 23.17%. If my math is right, and if my lean mass stays the same, I think that makes 133 my target weight.

Whew, was that too long?
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Just got a copy of TurboJam!!!! I wanna try it!!! I'm gonna do The Live one first and then see if i want to do the whole program. I'm dying to NEED to do something. Kwim?
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Now I want to focus on getting my body fat under 20%. I just had it tested yesterday, and it was 23.17%. If my math is right, and if my lean mass stays the same, I think that makes 133 my target weight.

Whew, was that too long?

Replies are never too long. The more detail the better.

How did you calculate your target weight? I just had my body/fat percentage calculated and I know my lean body mass index. I am at 25.4% right now and would like to get to 20%. I'm a little confused as to what weight I should be at.
  • miagoodart
    Options
    Love all the info on the BB dvds. I purchased HIP HOP ABS last June and havent really used it yet.....i guess here is my question...i feel completely uncoordinated trying to do these moves and steps...Does it get easier? I do not feel I am making the best of my workout because it doesnt feel like i am doing the steps correctly.

Is this normal when first starting the dance type DVD's or am I possibly that uncoordinated? LOL

Thanks,
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I am also a dedicated Beachbody user. I HAD been a dedicated gym goer. For 4 plus years I went to the gym 5-6 days a week religiously. My frustration was that I never saw results. I even hired a personal trainer from the gym and during his first meeting with me his wife delivered McDonalds to him for dinner :noway:

For other reasons that you can read about on my profile page, I signed up with Team In Training in Feb 2009 to run my first half marathon. At that time, I was a size 14. I completed my first race and was hooked. However, my body was not slimming despite all of the running I was doing. Fast forward to January of 2010, still a size 14, I completed my first Full Marathon. After that I knew I needed to do something different. A woman I trained with told me about Beachbody and I decided to do ChaLEAN Extreme and add Shakeology to my diet. No kidding, in LESS than 90 days I went from size 14 to a size 6!!! I lost 8% of my body fat!!

I have now run 4 half marathons and 2 full marathons and shaved more than an hour off my full marathon time. Thanks to my hard work and Beachbody's programs and Shakeology, I am leaner, stronger and faster:drinker:

I began doing Turbo Fire on November 7, 2010 and have lost 5% body fat so far.:love:
    In addition to all of the physical benefits I have received from Beachbody, I have also become a part of a group of people who are supportive, dedicated to helping others, are attuned to the need for personal growth and development and are just damn uplifting to be around!
    Risa
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Love all the info on the BB dvds. I purchased HIP HOP ABS last June and havent really used it yet.....i guess here is my question...i feel completely uncoordinated trying to do these moves and steps...Does it get easier? I do not feel I am making the best of my workout because it doesnt feel like i am doing the steps correctly.

Is this normal when first starting the dance type DVD's or am I possibly that uncoordinated? LOL

Thanks,

I'm right there with you!! It's totally normal! I call myself Turbo Dork because I look so ridiculous trying to copy the Turbo Fire moves. I'm getting better at it with time and practice, like anything else. Just keep moving and keep up the intensity and the moves will come eventually. Have fun and it does get easier!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

Thanks,

Believe me, I know how you feel. The first time I did it I felt uncoordinated and waisting my time. It will get better though
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,607 Member
    Options
    Now I want to focus on getting my body fat under 20%. I just had it tested yesterday, and it was 23.17%. If my math is right, and if my lean mass stays the same, I think that makes 133 my target weight.

Whew, was that too long?

Replies are never too long. The more detail the better.

How did you calculate your target weight? I just had my body/fat percentage calculated and I know my lean body mass index. I am at 25.4% right now and would like to get to 20%. I'm a little confused as to what weight I should be at.
    At my current weight and body fat percentage, the part of me that isn't made of fat weighs about 107 pounds. If I want my body fat percentage to be 20%, that 107 pounds needs to be 80% (0.8) of my total weight, so 107 pounds divided by 0.8 = 133.75 pounds. So if you are at 25.4% body fat, multiply your total weight by 74.6% (the percentage of you that isn't fat) and divide it by 0.8 to get a rough idea of what your target weight would be. That assumes you don't gain or lose any lean, but it gives you a pretty good ballpark estimate.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Got my Turbo Fire... can't wait to start in mid February after my hybrid is over.

:drinker: