BeachBody Faithful

Options

Replies

• mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X classic twice, and am near the end of P90X Plus but I won't complete it because I have surgery this Friday. But, I started getting the Tony Horton One on One DVD's and this morning I did Plyocide! All I got to say is "Jack in the Box-Jump Knee Tuck" - holy crap. Can't wait until MC2. After a 5 week recovery I will start P90X classic again Feb. 21st and then hopefully I can complete a round of Plus as well before MC2 comes out later in the year.
  • JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    Anybody here doing a hybrid of P90X/Turbo Fire and have a schedule they could post up for me? Thanks.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Anybody here doing a hybrid of P90X/Turbo Fire and have a schedule they could post up for me? Thanks.

I'm currently in week #2 of a P90X/Turbo Fire hybrid. I simply swap out PlyoX and KenpoX for two longer Fire classes (either Fire 55 or Fire 60). On yoga day, I do a short Fire then the first 45 minutes of YogaX. I then do the P90X strength workouts on the regularly scheduled days + Ab Ripper.

During recovery weeks, I do Fire 30 + the first 45 minutes of yoga X on the 2 yoga days, do a longer Fire on Kenpo day, do Core Syn.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs with Chalene and Turbo. My first was hospitalized at 3 weeks and then was there for 9 weeks and I came out weight more than when she was still in me. a year and a half ago I did P90x and had AMAZING results-now I am back at it, just started this week.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Love all the info on the BB dvds. I purchased HIP HOP ABS last June and havent really used it yet.....i guess here is my question...i feel completely uncoordinated trying to do these moves and steps...Does it get easier? I do not feel I am making the best of my workout because it doesnt feel like i am doing the steps correctly.

Is this normal when first starting the dance type DVD's or am I possibly that uncoordinated? LOL

Thanks,

You can always take the DVD's for a test drive before actually starting. Work through the moves that give you the most trouble. Practice them a few times, and don't feel pressured. Just get the correct form and forget the number of repetitions or the time to do it. Get comfortable with it, and work up to giving it all you can. Things will eventually click and become second nature.
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    At my current weight and body fat percentage, the part of me that isn't made of fat weighs about 107 pounds. If I want my body fat percentage to be 20%, that 107 pounds needs to be 80% (0.8) of my total weight, so 107 pounds divided by 0.8 = 133.75 pounds. So if you are at 25.4% body fat, multiply your total weight by 74.6% (the percentage of you that isn't fat) and divide it by 0.8 to get a rough idea of what your target weight would be. That assumes you don't gain or lose any lean, but it gives you a pretty good ballpark estimate.

Thanks. I was thinking that was how you did it (but it seemed too simple - lol). I need to be at 128-129 pounds so my goal of 130 getting to 130 wasn't that far off.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,607 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I was thinking that was how you did it (but it seemed too simple - lol). I need to be at 128-129 pounds so my goal of 130 getting to 130 wasn't that far off.
    You're welcome. Sounds like we have very similar goals. :smile:
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am currently in my first run of P90X and i have Just Finished W1D2 Cardio X Lean Program. I am drenched and gross and the sick part about it is that i am loving it. Last week when i did cardio x, i sweated but was not drenched. This week i can tell that i remembered the moves and really brought it. My Dreya rolls are even getting better but there still pretty sloppy. I really think this week is gonna be a good week for me. Also, yesterday when i did core synergistics i used a resistance cord and boy was that crappy, i got more of a burn using my weights. Kind of a bummer.

I am really loving P90X because it is empowering me. Everyone i know is really shocked that i am doing this just because they were so intimidated by the comercial. And i was really happy as well that my library had it so i didn't have to spend 150 bucks for it. I am definately feeling the results already. And i also think its so funny when Tony says "bannana"
  • jenniferyeatts
    jenniferyeatts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started with Power 90 last May. Lost 25 pounds and really brought it every day! Went on to P90 Master's Series and completed that in early November. I jusy played around switching up my DVDs in November and early December. The last 2 weeks in December, well, you know. We had company, and cookies, and rum cakes,,,,,,,,,,,,,and potato chips, and sweet potato casserole, blah, blah, blah. Luckily my body was SCREAMING at me by the end of week 2. I felt like crap because of all the crap I was eating, and exercising less.
    I started P90X on January 2nd. I am committed, but not as on fire as I was when I started Power 90. I WILL push play everyday because I'm not a quitter, but I could use a little encouragement.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i did brazil butt lift for 3 weeks, dont like most of the dvds just 1...but i will look for a better butt dvd workout or just do some myself beachbody promises too much in my opinion!
  • SweetCharity
    Options
    I love this thread! I've done P90X (twice - doubles one round), Slim in 6, Insanity, Turbo Fire and am currently doing a Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme Hybrid. I use the recovery drink (sometimes) and I drink Shakeology DAILY. Can't go without it. Love, love, love my results too :P
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i did brazil butt lift for 3 weeks, dont like most of the dvds just 1...but i will look for a better butt dvd workout or just do some myself beachbody promises too much in my opinion!

Sorry to hear that you're not a fan of BB. Just my opinion, but I don't think any exercise DVD "promises" you anything. You get out of it you put into it.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear that you're not a fan of BB. Just my opinion, but I don't think any exercise DVD "promises" you anything. You get out of it you put into it.

Yeah not really sure how a DVD work out promises anything. To each their own I guess.
  • nuttynetty114
    nuttynetty114 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I didn't know who or the name of the new trainer for Biggest Loser!
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    OK SO!!!!m This is my 8th week of P90X/Insanity Hybrid and today is my recovery week. I have decided to try out some Turbo Fire routines so I can see what they are like before I start the new hybrid (in a month).

I did Core 20 and HIIT 20 today. Core 20 was eh.. kinda slow and nonchalant. The standing ab work seemed..idk..non effective. The floor workout was better. She uses bands in this workout. I think mine might be a bit too of a resistance for that. Only bands I have though. ABX is much more challanging.. even cardio abs might be a little more challanging. Other than that it was an ok workout.

HIIT 20.. OMG - I loved it. It was fast paced, music was awesome! and it gets you reved the eff up! My heart rate has NEVER been that high during a cardio routine. Not even in insanity. Maybe because you move to differnt moves so much. Anyways for a 20 minute workout it was awesome.

So far I after just doing HIIT 20.. I think I am going to LOVE Turbo Fire. =)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

I started yesterday and I can only imagine, if everyone thinks this is maintenance level work, how tough all the other workouts must be!! I will see how much I improve but won't be using it every day, I am still such a beginner that I feel I need more well-rounded exercises.

To the OP - I have one DVD that I love for this - "Self: Your Best Butt Fast" - I would definitely recommend trying it if you're looking for a good tush workout. I love the instructor and it definitely made my tush sore.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    JLee- thanks for the info on Turbo Fire. The Core 20 that you did, does it come close to the Insanity core workouts? I'm getting the feeling that you don't like any of the core stuff from any of the DVD's. :tongue:
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Haha.. I do like core but added in with other things not just it by itself. I do like ABX and Cardio Abs. This is just basically ab workouts standing and with resistance bands.. then on the floor with resistance bands. To me it is basically a soft ab workout. Insanity Cardio Abs and ABX are both harder and more challenging than her Core 20.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    So today I did HIIT 30 and began Fire 30 just to see what it was like.

HIIT 30 just as awesome as HIIT 20. I think that these are going to be my absolute favorites.

Fire 30 seemed to be like an aerobics workout. I only did 10 minutes of it just to see what it was like. Not very intense, although maybe it is a bit later in the routine. Some of the moves are hard to catch onto but I am sure after doing it a few times it will be a piece of cake. I will say that I am a coordinated person that can dance etc.. and I was still all fumbled up lol.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Fire 30 is my standby 4:15 a.m. before work workout. Perfect length and I get a good 325 calorie burn in a mere 30 minutes.