BeachBody Faithful

Options

Replies

• lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Beach Body fan here too! I just got my first program, ChaLEAN Extreme, right after the holidays and started on 1/1/11! I am loving every minute of it so far. I now remember how much I love lifting heavy weights and I love Chalene--she's so motivating and fun. In fact, three weeks into the program my husband decided to start doing it as well. I think he was curious how tough this could really be, since I was always whining about sore muscles those first 2wks. Sure enough, he's now hooked!

And our older daughter, Audrey, who is almost 4 loves doing the yoga with me and oftentimes comes downstairs while I'm working out. You know your toddler has watched too much CLX when she starts saying, "Bring it!" and "Go heavy or go home!" or "Get up!" while you are working out. LOL!

I hope to get Turbo Fire next. It looks great! Although I'm not sure if I'll do just Turbo Fire or maybe a TF/CLX hybrid. Great thread!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Only four more days of Power 90...then on to P90X. Can't wait to move to the next level.

I'm going all out this week on my workouts.

You're going to love it.

Elaine - happy Beachbody anniversary.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I tried the INSANITY workout a couple months ago and it was craaaazy! I couldn't do it. I really don't enjoy working myself that hard. Perhaps, I should try a different BB program. Any suggestions?
  • edorice
    Options
    I tried the INSANITY workout a couple months ago and it was craaaazy! I couldn't do it. I really don't enjoy working myself that hard. Perhaps, I should try a different BB program. Any suggestions?

There are dance workouts like Hip Hop Abs, kick boxing workouts in Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire, it all depends on what you enjoy and what you want to improve.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    There are dance workouts like Hip Hop Abs, kick boxing workouts in Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire, it all depends on what you enjoy and what you want to improve.

That sounds a lot better than Insanity. I'll check them out!
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options

I've done Insanity and yes, it is HARD and not that enjoyable (sorry Shaun T - I still love you!)
    I find TurboFire to be AMAZING! I can work myself AS HARD as in Insanity but it's more modifiable (even for beginners!) and it's FUN! The music is so energizing! It's my FAVORITE workout!!!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I 1000% agree with you Elaine. I'm doing the Turbo Fire/Insanity hybrid and I really look forward to TF days and cry on Insanity days. I just wish Chalene would hurry up and produce TF 2 so I have something new to work on!!!!

I love looking at Shaun T's body though so that helps push me through the pain! :laugh:

Sharon
  • edorice
    Options
    Oh, i just got his Fast & Furious DVD this week. We're going to try it out this weekend. Looks killer.
    News flash though - he's wearing a ring on his wedding ring finger on the DVD.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Ring or no ring he's still pretty!!! :laugh:
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    ring or no ring i'd still hit it, he is the definition of sexy <3
  • Dlenakakis
    Dlenakakis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So obviously I'm a newbie. After reading this thread I googled P90x and Power90, I didn't know there was such a workout! What is a good place to start? Power90? Can you ever find the DVD's cheaper cuz holy cow they are pricey!
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of INSANITY. Love the challenging workouts and will have to say that looking at Shaun T is definitely a great way to stay motivated!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    So obviously I'm a newbie. After reading this thread I googled P90x and Power90, I didn't know there was such a workout! What is a good place to start? Power90? Can you ever find the DVD's cheaper cuz holy cow they are pricey!

To quote your own profile.... " I need to set a good example for my kids". I guess that doesn't count for buying work out systems that actually work. Sorry don't mean to come down on you, but I just hate when people look to ripoff people.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options

To quote your own profile.... " I need to set a good example for my kids". I guess that doesn't count for buying work out systems that actually work. Sorry don't mean to come down on you, but I just hate when people look to ripoff people.

I don't think they meant to rip any one off. The DVDs do seem pricey when you take into consideration that you can buy other fitness DVDs at WalMart for around $15 and of course, everyone is looking for ways to save money right now.

I thought the same thing, originally. However, once I realized that the $120 meant getting a full work out system with a full 12 workouts - the cost is really the same or less: 12 DVDs X $15 each = $180 whereas P90X is $120 which is $60 cheaper. Also, when you consider a gym membership even on the cheap end of $20 per month is $240, then $120 is much more reasonable and I don't have to pay a trainer. When you take everything into consideration, the cost really is reasonable.

The fact is, you can only legally purchase new from Beachbody or a Beachbody coach. Folks have purchased 'used' sets on ebay or craigslist, but you want to be very careful there because there are quite a lot of bootleg copies out, professing to be 'new'. If you get a bootleg copy and something is wrong with the DVD, you won't be able to get a replacement and most times, buying 'used' means you only get the DVDs and not the guidebook, nutrition guide or workout schedules.

$120 does seem like a lot, but as you can tell from all of the Beachbody Faithful here - you really can get a lot out of them! Hope this helps! :)
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

I don't think they meant to rip any one off. The DVDs do seem pricey when you take into consideration that you can buy other fitness DVDs at WalMart for around $15 and of course, everyone is looking for ways to save money right now.

I thought the same thing, originally. However, once I realized that the $120 meant getting a full work out system with a full 12 workouts - the cost is really the same or less: 12 DVDs X $15 each = $180 whereas P90X is $120 which is $60 cheaper. Also, when you consider a gym membership even on the cheap end of $20 per month is $240, then $120 is much more reasonable and I don't have to pay a trainer. When you take everything into consideration, the cost really is reasonable.

The fact is, you can only legally purchase new from Beachbody or a Beachbody coach. Folks have purchased 'used' sets on ebay or craigslist, but you want to be very careful there because there are quite a lot of bootleg copies out, professing to be 'new'. If you get a bootleg copy and something is wrong with the DVD, you won't be able to get a replacement and most times, buying 'used' means you only get the DVDs and not the guidebook, nutrition guide or workout schedules.

$120 does seem like a lot, but as you can tell from all of the Beachbody Faithful here - you really can get a lot out of them! Hope this helps! :)

Very well put.
  • edorice
    Options
    Yeah, I don't think malice was intended.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options

I wanted to answer your question also about where to start. It really depends on you! I have never done Power90, but a friend I know and my sister-in-law are currently doing it and they both like it a lot. Power 90 is about half the price of P90X and I think it is only 5 or 6 videos vs. the 12 in P90X. I understand that Power90 is not quite as difficult as P90X, so if you wanted to work up to P90X, you could consider starting with Power 90.

There is another similar program you might consider, called ChaLEAN Extreme. It is also $120, not as hard core as P90X but you can still get awesome results with it. The workouts are also shorter - most ChaLEAN workouts are 30-45 minutes vs an hour for P90X workouts. I've done a couple of rounds of ChaLEAN and my 15 year old daughter is currently working out with me on this round and we both love it! :)

Power 90 and P90X are both led by Tony Horton and ChaLEAN Extreme is by Chalene Johnson.

There are quite a few threads here on MFP for all of these workouts, so if you want to do a search for them, you can read the threads and see what others think!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Plus right now until the end of January you can get $30 off the cost of Chalean Extreme if you purchase it through Beachbody or a coach!

Sharon
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Anyone else done the Shakeology workouts? The 30 is pretty good, a little easier than Power 90 I think but the 50? Holy Core Work Batman! It going back in the box before I hurt myself, lol.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    About to go do my last Power 90 workout.

Here are my B&A's for Power 90.

Before:
    2707402_3567.jpg

After - front:
    2707402_3845.jpg

After - side:
    2707402_8776.jpg

Onward to P90X on Tuesday!