P90X - First timer

Options

Replies

• johnjely
    Options
    Ah, I love the soreness! I'm finishing up week 2 now and am not as sore, so there's relief in the future!

Side note: Yoga X (Day 11). Worked up a sweat but in a good way, and burn a reasonable 440.. which is totally more like what I was expecting. Now off to finish some schoolwork after a weird, weird day that almost tempted me into not exercising... sigh.

Have a good night, everyone. Hope you're all well!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Week 3 lean starts for me tomorrow :) I am going to do a run today for my rest day....How is everyone else doing?

I am snowed in! So no running or walking for me. I can not wait for this crap to be over! I miss the outdoors.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Week 3 lean starts for me tomorrow :) I am going to do a run today for my rest day....How is everyone else doing?

I am snowed in! So no running or walking for me. I can not wait for this crap to be over! I miss the outdoors.
  • raglant
    raglant Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the program. I'm really glad to see so many people making the program work for them and that people have had success. I am very nervous so definately looking forward to having connection to others working thru the program. How are people finding the actual food plan?
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options

TONS of snow here too! I have a treadmill...I miss being able to run outside. Running on the treadmill seems to take so much longer.
    Today is the start of week #3...core synergistics
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    ok just moved a foot of snow in my driveway and a neighbors so since i just got back in and its a yoga day I think im going to bag it but saying that is making me feel bad soo maybe later i dont know ;(
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    Options
    ok just moved a foot of snow in my driveway and a neighbors so since i just got back in and its a yoga day I think im going to bag it but saying that is making me feel bad soo maybe later i dont know ;(

I think shoveling snow is a great workout! lol
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    Options
    Time for some p90x! I love how Tony says 'you can do anything for 30seconds'. His little tidbits like that are great. 53 days til spring!
  • jane77
    Options
    I love that 30 sec comment it really helps because its sooooooooo true
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Kudos to you for doing your neighbors' driveway as well! Definitely a good workout...I got all sweating digging my car out from the 10" we got. Take a break and recover from your shoveling, and you might feel up to some yoga later...it's tough, but think of how wonderful and relaxed you feel afterward!
  • jane77
    Options
    Thanks and your right Creiche I took a shower and did the first hour feel better and I dont feel like a quitter so life is good. :)
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    its like an addiction, once you see the weight coming off like i have you push and push for better results .. i look forward to my AM and PM work outs every day.
  • bakerp90x
    Options
    Hey I'd love to hop in on this thread.

I'm on my third week of P90X and ready to start my recovery/rest week next week. I am going to try and follow the nutrition, more or less (I am prob going to cheat and add more fruits just because since I've given up coffee, I really don't want to give up my morning smoothie). However, b/c of My Fitness Pal, i'm going to stick with their allotted calories for me, rather than Tony's 1,800.

Great job everyone and I can't wait to hear about everyone's results in the next 2+ months!
  • jkroc
    Options
    Thanks and your right Creiche I took a shower and did the first hour feel better and I dont feel like a quitter so life is good. :)

GOOD for you :)
  • jane77
    Options
    hey where is everyone i did legs and back today it was great love it I do need so help fom you seasoned folks The question is
    when doing back, with bands, whats the best way to have your feet and legs ?
  • jkroc
    Options
    Hi

I am still here :) Today is shoulders & arms plus ab ripper for me. Yesterday was cardio x....How many calories is everyone burning doing the P90X?
  • jane77
    Options
    jkr that is a ? on my mind too. calories burned others people look really high, paper work says 600. I did kempo today 289 I was sweating and working hard. I'm going out today buying a new HRM mind is still going off alot and seem to take alot to go up and very little to come down. Hope I'm not just wasting money but I really hate thinking its not working right and I'm wasting way to much time worrying about it. Sorry just needed to justify the purchase again.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have just started and just bought a HRM and its been showing between 600-900 cals per workout. Hope it's accurate!
  • jkroc
    Options
    jkr that is a ? on my mind too. calories burned others people look really high, paper work says 600. I did kempo today 289 I was sweating and working hard. I'm going out today buying a new HRM mind is still going off alot and seem to take alot to go up and very little to come down. Hope I'm not just wasting money but I really hate thinking its not working right and I'm wasting way to much time worrying about it. Sorry just needed to justify the purchase again.

I have the Polar F6 and I seem to be burning the same as you!!
  • jkroc
    Options
    I have just started and just bought a HRM and its been showing between 600-900 cals per workout. Hope it's accurate!

WOW!! My husband doesnt even burn that!!!