Phrases or sayings that really irk me!!!!

Options

Replies

• redruthie
    Options
    Really? Come on really? really irks me!

A few others:

1.) Are you serious?
    2.) It just wasn't meant to be.
    3.) Aren't you on a diet?
    4.) Are you sure you want to eat that?
    5.) That'll make you fat!

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    When somebody says, 'Just so you know," after they tell you what it was. You already told me so yeah I do know.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    When somebody says, 'Just so you know," after they tell you what it was. You already told me so yeah I do know.

FOTCROTFLMAO
  • lizb59
    lizb59 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I never announce to my husband that I'm on a diet, because as soon as I do I hear, SHOULD YOU REALLY BE EATING THAT? Or worse, THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE DIET FOOD. Ugh! I'm just sayin...lol.
  • Pattilynne
    Options
    i hate when my boyfriend says "you're eating again?' yes, i am eating again, because i can, because i am trying to make better choices when i eat, so at the end of the day, i do have room for a snack, or another small meal so i do not wake up hungry in the middle of the night

also, i hate it when people cannot spell, and they so horribly butcher the words, that you can't even tell what they are trying to say
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i hate when my boyfriend says "you're eating again?' yes, i am eating again, because i can, because i am trying to make better choices when i eat, so at the end of the day, i do have room for a snack, or another small meal so i do not wake up hungry in the middle of the night

also, i hate it when people cannot spell, and they so horribly butcher the words, that you can't even tell what they are trying to say
    i had an ex do that to me...unfortunately it was malicious
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I just wanted to say that this is like a weight loss forum. People come here to loose weight, not to like, get criticized, just so you know. Basically, I feel you are all like a little bitter but as most things, this too shall pass.

Remember the next the next time you are eating cookies.. put them down!! YOU DONT NEED THEM! If I can do it, then so can you! My motto is that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Irregaurdless of you're like really mean comments, I like wish you all like the best of luck. Bless you're hearts I hope you loose some like weight. If you don't loose weight then like it is what it is.

Just sayin
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    When my daughters were teenagers, they used to do the "like" thing constantly...THEN my mom would get really irritated and every time they said it...she would just repeat it back before they even got done talking...TALK ABOUT ANNOYING!! Wanted to bash all their heads together...
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I just wanted to say that this is like a weight loss forum. People come here to loose weight, not to like, get criticized, just so you know. Basically, I feel you are all like a little bitter but as most things, this too shall pass.

Remember the next the next time you are eating cookies.. put them down!! YOU DONT NEED THEM! If I can do it, then so can you! My motto is that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Irregaurdless of you're like really mean comments, I like wish you all like the best of luck. Bless you're hearts I hope you loose some like weight. If you don't loose weight then like it is what it is.

Just sayin

Laughed so hard that I woke up husband up. LOL
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The one I hate the most that I heard most all of my life "You would be so much prettier if you would just lose some weight."
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    , "you don't need that."

My other half actually said that to my friend and I one night when we were craving a cheese burger (we'd been drinking) :explode: It made me sooo angry, now its more of a joke between us but at the time it made me really sad. :cry:
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Just sayin

This is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options

Just sayin

:laugh: I woke up my husband, laughing!
  • k2d4p
    Options
    The one I hate the most that I heard most all of my life "You would be so much prettier if you would just lose some weight."

I have heard that too. People can be jerks. If I heard that today, I would say, "you would be so much nicer if you would shut up!"
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    When my grandfather died, it REALLY bothered me that coworkers told me how lucky I was to have known him as an adult... I surely didn't feel lucky at the time. Death makes so many of us say dumb #$*.

The "my bad" anti apology, and "just sayin'" get out of retribution free phrase ANNOY the bleep right out of me.

And the use of "grow" as a a verb describing the spread of industry (or the development of a nonorganic structure... like "grow your business")

Less describes volume; fewer describes number. (So, "I'd like fewer strawberries in my smoothie" suggests it hasn't been blended yet. When I teach this, I use penguins: fewer penguins in a smoothie means they're pulled out pre-blending; less penguins means we can add, say, walrus puree to try to cut the penguiny goodness.... yuck.)
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Ok that is BY FAR the most offensive phrase I have ever heard ... you poor thing!
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    People that say 'like' every second or third word.

I call them..... SIMILE GIRLS!

Or guys.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    For me, I really get miffed when I hear or read people say, "if I can do it, you can do it." Or any variation of that phrase. Most of the time I feel like I can't do it or it serves as anti-motivation if it is something that I try to do but fail. If it is something that I have done I can't imagine thinking that just because I can do something, everyone else on the planet can do it as well.

I love the idea that some people will get motivation from something that I have accomplished, but I know that not everyone will be able to or want to do it as well.

I think you are misunderstanding the sentiment that most people are trying to get across when they say this. It isn't "anything I can do, you can do." It is specific to their situation. So when I say to someone (as I have said to people on here) "If I can do it, so can you," what I really mean is: "If I, a woman who has struggled with her weight all her life, who has PCOS (which causes severe weight gain and inability to lose weight), who has always lived a sedentary lifestyle and hates moving, who comes from a large, traditional Italian family where the food is incredible, plentiful, the answer to everything, a sin to waste, and an insult to reject, have been able to change my lifestyle and stick to the plan and have actually seen results and have lost weight, then you, too, who may have similar problems (like in the case of others with PCOS), or even moreso, you who have none of these obstacles that makes it so difficult, can definitely do it, because if there is anybody who is a candidate for failure, it was definitely me."
  • k2d4p
    Options
    "I think you are misunderstanding the sentiment that most people are trying to get across when they say this. It isn't "anything I can do, you can do." It is specific to their situation. So when I say to someone (as I have said to people on here) "If I can do it, so can you," what I really mean is: "If I, a woman who has struggled with her weight all her life, who has PCOS (which causes severe weight gain and inability to lose weight), who has always lived a sedentary lifestyle and hates moving, who comes from a large, traditional Italian family where the food is incredible, plentiful, the answer to everything, a sin to waste, and an insult to reject, have been able to change my lifestyle and stick to the plan and have actually seen results and have lost weight, then you, too, who may have similar problems (like in the case of others with PCOS), or even moreso, you who have none of these obstacles that makes it so difficult, can definitely do it, because if there is anybody who is a candidate for failure, it was definitely me."

I really do understand everything that you said here. I also understand that most people that use this phrase mean well and are trying to encourage. That doesn't change at all that it bugs me.

People who say, "s/he is in a better place" after someone dies, mean well too. They are trying to comfort you. That doesn't change the fact that the phrase is awful.

This is just my opinion.