Phrases or sayings that really irk me!!!!

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I HATE when people say "Honey" to EVERYONE. OR "sweetie" ESPECIALLY when they don't even know them! I only like to be called "honey" by a select few. My husband, people I REALLY know and like, and old women. :smile:

My job requires me to speak to men at other companies. I hate when they say "sweetheart" in a business setting. Leave the terms of endearment out of the workplace.
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options
    My all time worst one is when I hear people at work say...

"Are we having fun yet?"
  • moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    Options
    I hate when people pronounce "supposedly" as "supposebly". There is NO "B"!!!
  • moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    Options
    "You have such a pretty face".....ugh what about the rest of me?
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I hate seeing the letters R.I.P
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    I hate when people add an S to the end of words. Like Oh wells, See ya's later, somewhere's...I think you get the idea. Drives me MENTAL.
  • bellydancerj9
    bellydancerj9 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I really dislike it when a certain co-worker will bring fattening junk into work and ask me if I want any o fit. I turn her offer down with a "No thanks". then she pushes the issues. I again remind her that I am watching my weight. This is what annoys me. She then says "You dont need to, you are thinner than me", Um...... I will not type out my thoughts on that one.
  • bellydancerj9
    bellydancerj9 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I, also, agree with the "honey" and sweety" or how about "My Dear" - I can't stand MY DEAR
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Drives me nuts when you have a negative with a positive....What the???? Try a little positive and see what you can spread. Here's mine (a little philosophy from Toni for thought) We all have enough negative in our life, other wise we would not be obsessive and compulsive about food. So, I love food....it comforts, but it does nothing to match the positive encouragement of friends and family. That Don, is my Ice Cream Sunday of life.
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    'Everything happens for a reason". I get it, I really do, but it irks me when something goes wrong or is bad, people tell me, oh everything happens for a reason.. Argh..
  • DijanaN
    Options
    I hate when people say "for all intensive purposes" its INTENTS AND PURPOSES. Dont say things if you dont fully understand the meaning. I have a friend that uses "and so forth" in every sentence as hes telling a story which really irritates me.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    "Muscle weighs more than fat" drives me nuts. It doesn't make sense. Feathers weigh more than bricks if you have enough of them! Muscles are more dense than fat, yes. 5 pounds of muscle is smaller than 5 pounds of fat, yes. Muscle weighs less than fat, well it depends on the quantity. *venting over*
    Quite honestly the one thing that people have said that I can recall being annoyed by and actually griping about to people I know in real life, in recent memory, is when people complain about the "muscle weighs more than fat" thing, haha.

Because to me it makes total sense ... As no one means that if you have ten pounds of muscle and twenty pounds of fat that somehow the muscle is going to outweigh the fat. Yeah, if you have a thousand pounds of feathers and a hundred pounds of bricks then the feathers outweigh them, but the feathers would be more voluminous than the bricks if the weights were comparable.

I don't know, I just don't get why it bothers people. "You could potentially weigh the same, but be thinner." That's all it means.
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    110%

How do you get more than 100%?
  • bsh81
    bsh81 Posts: 9
    Options
    110%

How do you get more than 100%?

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! this one KILLS ME!!!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    My all time worst one is when I hear people at work say...

"Are we having fun yet?"

I was guilty of this when I was leading a crew framing homes and we had to bust our collective humps to move a steel i-beam by hand or lift a heavy wall, etc.... It's called sarcasm.:noway: :grumble: :laugh:
  • runningneo122
    Options
    I HATE when people say "Honey" to EVERYONE. OR "sweetie" ESPECIALLY when they don't even know them! I only like to be called "honey" by a select few. people I REALLY know and like, and old women. :smile:

Me too. About half of the waitresses at the truckstops I've been to say this stuff. Once I'm a regular and you KNOW me by my first name, that's different.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I HATE when people say "Honey" to EVERYONE. OR "sweetie" ESPECIALLY when they don't even know them! I only like to be called "honey" by a select few. My husband, people I REALLY know and like, and old women. :smile:

Welcome to the south. This took me about a year to get the the point where I would not snap back at the person for calling Honey or Sweetie. I remember one time telling someone "Sweetie? Really I am a kinda a b.i.t.c.h but thanks for thinking otherwise."
  • runningneo122
    Options
    I don't think anyone has mentioned this one yet, but if so, sorry for the repeat.

People who say, "Ya know" every 2 or 3 sentences OR EVEN EVERY 2-3 WORDS!

You just told me sooooooo, YES, I KNOW!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    My kids are stuck on saying FAIL in every sentence these days.

lol That one drives me crazy too and when it's really bad my step son says "epic fail" He also try to use his SAT words a lot nad just sounds silly. But I have to love him for trying.
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    When it comes to the phrase "if I can do it you can" I think what they are trying to say is that they thought they couldnt do it either. Until they did it. They are saying its easier then you think (probably another one of the phrases people hate) LOL