Over 200 New Year New me Part 43

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Momma -- I can NOT wait to get home & look at your picture!! (photo is blocked at work)

Cris, if you're uploading your photos to photobucket or flickr or something, use the code with the s around it.  Then make capital letters lower case ([img ]without that space between the g and ] ). I can't wait to see your little man! He's so freaking cute! Sorry about the baby fever. I have a mega-bad case of it right now. Good thing I'm already pregnant. :laugh:[/img]
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Okay so I need some help. I just realized I have about 10 people to cook dinner for on Friday night. Anybody have any suggestions of something that might be easy and fairly cheap to cook?
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Ugh, I'm so sleepy today.
    I didn't have time to pack my lunch this morning so I went down to the canteen at lunch. I knew a cheeseburger was going to happen and I figured fries were going to happen with it since salty fried potatoey things are all I can think about lately. :laugh: But I won! I saw a container of strawberries & honey dew & I went for it instead. Best part is, I didn't really miss the fries. :smile:

This job situation is really a win-win. I don't even care if I'm selected. I'd LOVE all that extra money, but I will not love the incredible amount of stress the job offer will bring me now & a new job would bring me over the next several months.

I'd say I'm about 60/40 on how I feel about the new job with 60% of me not even wanting it. That part of me just wants to sit here in my little safe work bubble where it's not very stressful at all (because we're on a hiring freeze again so my workload is about 70% of what it usually is) and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy with all the freebies from my supervisor and then take my full 12 weeks of maternity leave, even being off during the busiest part of the year. AND THEN I can worry about a job that pays more. Or going back to school while I work this low-stress job & then finding a job that pays more. The other 40% of me feels like it's a really great opportunity that will look great on my resume (and my applicaiton to grad school) that also comes with an awesome amount of money.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Okay so I need some help. I just realized I have about 10 people to cook dinner for on Friday night. Anybody have any suggestions of something that might be easy and fairly cheap to cook?

Are you trying to get fancy with it? :laugh:

Because if not, the slowcooker is your best friend.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

No nothing fancy! The less effort the better. I'm just going to have a bunch of people at my house on Friday before I leave so I gotta make dinner. Good ole mom wont be home. Long as it's edible I don't care. I was going to make chili or red beans and rice but my sister didn't think that was a good idea.
  • LittleSpy
    Options

No nothing fancy! The less effort the better. I'm just going to have a bunch of people at my house on Friday before I leave so I gotta make dinner. Good ole mom wont be home. Long as it's edible I don't care. I was going to make chili or red beans and rice but my sister didn't think that was a good idea.

I was totally thinking chili! Why is that not a good idea? So easy and so yummy.
    Maybe a beef roast & veggies served with some yummy crusty bread?

Or you could always just go with spaghetti since it's super easy, super cheap, and pretty hard to screw up.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    For something delicious, I go with crockpot ribs. Pork is cheapest. Just throw them in the crockpot with about 1 cup BBQ sauce and a tbs of honey.
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've been lurking today, but haven't had much motivation to post anything. It's been a little stressful around here the last few weeks. I think I might be starting to lose it. My brain is going haywire with jumping to ridiculous conclusions about everything. Exhausting...

Julie - SO excited about your baby girl!!! I think the name Mazie is absolutely darling :)

Jess - I'd go with chili, spaghetti, or even pizza? All easy things to do. Good luck! I miss cooking dinner for lots of people. When I first graduated college and lived by myself, I used to have "family" dinners and invite friends over and feed them. Loved it!

Lauren - Unfortunately... it is only Tuesday. Ick...

Can I just tell you how much I do NOT want to go to class tonight? That's sad.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Jess, I think lasagna is also super easy if you are semi-homemade with it!

Get the no-cook noodles and follow the directions here. You'll want a pre-made sauce (get the ones in the can over the jar and you'll save money!), ground turkey (for healthy) or a meatloaf mix (veal, pork, beef), ricotta, an egg or two for binding, mozzerella, and parmesan cheese. One 9x13 should do it for 10, plus a salad and maybe some bread.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    FUTURE STEELERS PLAYER:

Brayden at birth (1 day old)
    braydenthen.jpg
    Brayden today (2 yrs)

braydennow.jpg

:heart: :heart: LOVE HIM!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • cris20056
    Options
    I DID IT!! WOO LOVE MY BABY BOY!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I'm am LOVING the ideas!! Thank y'all so much! I will put those out there as suggestions and see what everybody thinks..

Julie-I guess beans affects one of my fellow Mexico bound people quite harshly. Last thing I want is to sit next to someone on the plane with the toots...sorry...TMI...Shoulda put that before hand I guess.

tstout-I'm with you! I LOVED having people come over to my apartment and cook for them when I didn't live with my parents. Even now I love to cook them new things and have them try it. I was watching the food network on my lunc and it kinda made me want to become a chef. Crazyness I tell ya.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Ah yes, the toots. :laugh:
    That makes plenty of sense! I didn't realize that Friday is the 28th already! And Friday being the 28th means YOU'RE GOING TO MEXICO THIS WEEKEND! (if you mentioned it I totally missed it, sorry!)! :drinker:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Ah yes, the toots. :laugh:
    That makes plenty of sense! I didn't realize that Friday is the 28th already! And Friday being the 28th means YOU'RE GOING TO MEXICO THIS WEEKEND! (if you mentioned it I totally missed it, sorry!)! :drinker:

Oh I'm sure it's been in a few of my posts..I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. So yes something to make with the least effort on Friday night would be great! A house full of people the night before I leave! Love it!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Oh, I just remembered that the ultrasound tech told us baby weighed 4 ounces yesterday. All I could think about is how small a 4oz portion of raw chicken is. Then I tried to imagine a little human shaped 4oz portion of raw chicken. :laugh: So very tiny!
    Anyway, now at least I totally get to blame 1/4 pound of my 12 pound weight gain on the little one.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Juliie, don't forget the amnio fluid and extra blood also weigh something. Then there is the placenta. I think I got 4 of your 12 pounds covered.:laugh:

Cris, he is darling!!!!!!!
  • cris20056
    Options
    like Momma said the weight of the fluids and placenta etc weigh way more than the baby!

OMG I just got a flashback to the placenta sitting on the table so gross! looks like liver!
  • cris20056
    Options

Cris, he is darling!!!!!!!

Thanks Momma! :heart:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Cris, when I gave birth to the second baby she was very big and I pushed really hard to have her. So the dumb doctor tells me "Okay push we are going to deliver the placenta now" I pushed like a pushed with the 9.4 pound baby and the placenta flew out and hit him in the chest and splatted blood all over his shirt and glasses. I know gross but I laughed so hard. My husband about fell out of his chair. Needless to say doctor did not find it as funny as we did,
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    EWWWWWW, Momma! :laugh:

I also can't forget each boob weighs about 4 pounds more than they used to. :noway: Hey, maybe all 12 pounds are covered afterall. :tongue: