Over 200 New Year New me Part 43

Options

Replies

• elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    debra .....-1.2.....0.72%
    Teresa.....0.0.....0.0%
    lstpaul ....- 0.4 ... ? haven't figured it out yet but it's not alot (just take 0.4/last week's weight and move the decimal over 2 to the right)
    Heather...-1.2....0.63%
    Jenn........-0.7.....26%
    Laila.......-2.0.....0.95%
    momma....0......0%
    Jess..........0......0%
    Lauren.....-1....0.58%
    Ann...........-2.0...0.86% (Added in Ann)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Yay, looks like lots of losses this week!

Lauren: I'm still so jealous of your beer events. Not fair!

Ann: I'm so happy to hear your mom is cancer-free. I love that you're doing a 5k for breast cancer. I really want to do the Susan G. Komen 3 Day, but probably won't be this year because I'm not sure how to go about raising $2300!

Jess: Glad to hear you're not a tanning bed addict or anything. With the prevalence of cancer these days, it's just scary.

So, I have vouchers for Sun Country airlines that need to be used before March 14 (booked) and we can't figure out where to go! We definitely do not want to go to Mexico. Our goal is to find a place that would have relatively inexpensive lodging for 3-5 days, with some cool outdoorsy or historical things to see. I have $400 worth of airfare to use.

There was something else I came to chat about, but I forgot now. Maybe it will come back to me later.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies -

Congrats to all our losers this morning !!

since the 1st of the year i am down 6.4 lbs !! I am happy with that. NOw i got about the same to get out of these 240's for good...230's oh i don't even remember you :smile:

Going out for lunch today so i am sure i am over my calories today, but that is okay i will get back on it tomorrow.

Got good news seems like the relator is giving us the other month rent, we got to talk to him still, but he told our sales agent we would work it out.

And she said we have a foundation and our lumber was delivered today...We may have it framed next week...sooo exciting..We can't wait to go out there tomorrow and see our nice pice of slab, drive way, patio, steps ... we will have a floor..woohoo...now just walls and a ceilng and we are getting there..
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Yay, looks like lots of losses this week!

Lauren: I'm still so jealous of your beer events. Not fair!

Ann: I'm so happy to hear your mom is cancer-free. I love that you're doing a 5k for breast cancer. I really want to do the Susan G. Komen 3 Day, but probably won't be this year because I'm not sure how to go about raising $2300!

Jess: Glad to hear you're not a tanning bed addict or anything. With the prevalence of cancer these days, it's just scary.

So, I have vouchers for Sun Country airlines that need to be used before March 14 (booked) and we can't figure out where to go! We definitely do not want to go to Mexico. Our goal is to find a place that would have relatively inexpensive lodging for 3-5 days, with some cool outdoorsy or historical things to see. I have $400 worth of airfare to use.

There was something else I came to chat about, but I forgot now. Maybe it will come back to me later.
    Heather I may be doing the 3 day next year and I believe they set you up with a web page to get donations.Umm let me know if you decide to do it I may try to meet u in a city thats close to both of us
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Teresa.....0.0.....0.0%
    lstpaul ....- 0.4 ... ? haven't figured it out yet but it's not alot (just take 0.4/last week's weight and move the decimal over 2 to the right)
    Heather...-1.2....0.63%
    Jenn........-0.7.....26%
    momma....0......0%
    Jess..........0......0%
    Lauren.....-1....0.58%
    ladeb......-0.2.....0.001

Check in for yeysterday:

Calories - over by a bit
    Exercise - none
    Water - 100+
    Sodium - I think I need to start watching this - kinda bloated
    Proud - Didn't go back for seconds last night - my dh is a good cook.

CONGRATS ON ALL THE LOSSES!!!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :heart:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    debra ......-1.2.....0.72%
    Teresa......0.0.....0.0%
    Heather...-1.2....0.63%
    Jenn........-0.7.....0.26%
    Laila........-2.0.....0.95%
    momma...0........0%
    Jess..........0........0%
    Lauren.....-1.......0.58%
    Ann..........-2.0....0.86%
    Ladeb.....-0.2.....0.001
    cogirl...... -1.0....038%
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Ann: That would be cool to do the 3 Day together next year. Heck, let's get a MFP team together to do it! Imagine what kind of donations we might be able to bring if we had a team!? Ah, yes, I have big dreams...

Deb: Yay for all the progress on your house! So exciting!

So, I have very little motivation again today. I'm addicted to reading blogs on here, I just bought another book on Amazon.com and I'm daydreaming about traveling. That's what happens when we're slow and I don't have any immediate deadlines. Ugh.

I'm thinking about buying a new laptop, but want one around $300-$400. Any of you techie people have any suggestions on a brand and specs? I don't care what it looks like, but I want it to have 10 key built in. I'd love to be able to get my blog up (about state parking!), but need a new computer to do it. It would be especially awesome if I could be blogging in the car between state parks. Yup, there are those big dreams again...
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Teresa.....0.0.....0.0%
    Heather...-1.2....0.63%
    Jenn........-0.7.....26%
    momma....0......0%
    Jess..........0......0%
    Lauren.....-1....0.58%
    Ladeb.....-0.2.....0.001
    Julie..........+3.2 (in the last 2 weeks) :noway:

I shouldn't even weigh in anymore. :laugh: This baby must weigh about 10 pounds by now. :tongue:
    I don't think I've been out of control with my eating. The weight gain is coming mainly from the fact that I haven't been exercising at all over the last 2 weeks. I really have to start exercising daily. I'm really going to force myself to get up early & start walking every morning. There's absolutely no excuse for me to have gained as much weight as I have so far. I really have to stop.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Ann: That would be cool to do the 3 Day together next year. Heck, let's get a MFP team together to do it! Imagine what kind of donations we might be able to bring if we had a team!? Ah, yes, I have big dreams...

Deb: Yay for all the progress on your house! So exciting!

So, I have very little motivation again today. I'm addicted to reading blogs on here, I just bought another book on Amazon.com and I'm daydreaming about traveling. That's what happens when we're slow and I don't have any immediate deadlines. Ugh.

I'm thinking about buying a new laptop, but want one around $300-$400. Any of you techie people have any suggestions on a brand and specs? I don't care what it looks like, but I want it to have 10 key built in. I'd love to be able to get my blog up (about state parking!), but need a new computer to do it. It would be especially awesome if I could be blogging in the car between state parks. Yup, there are those big dreams again...
    that sounds amazing to me we may all l just have to do that
  • elmox
    Options
    Julie, how was the interview?? I was thinking about you this morning around 10:15.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking Lauren!
    I can never really tell, but I think the interview went really well. We talked for a good 45-50 minutes (IME, that's quite a long time). They told me a lot about themselves, too, which I take as a good sign they liked me. Then, get this, they had me do a written (well, typed) assessment! Craziness! I've never ever had something like that included in an interview for an HR job. It was essentially a sample of daily work, just to be sure you really knew what you were doing and were detail oriented & had decent reading comprehension & written communication skills. Considering I do that EXACT kind of work on a daily basis with the exact same forms and create the exact same type of emails and calculate the exact same payroll deductions, it was a total breeze. :laugh:

If I get this job, I'll have an OFFICE! With a DOOR and TWO WINDOWS and a decent VIEW and everything! :laugh: I've never had my own office before (sad, right?). I shared an office with another person (and then 2 other people) with my first HR job and with this one I have a cubicle. Granted, it's the Cadillac of cubicles, but it's still a cubicle & I don't have a door or windows or anything fancy like that. :tongue: Plus, the building is downtown right across the street from a big park which means I could go walk in the park on my lunch break. Or walk 4 blocks to the library.

Anyway, now that I've talked with some of the people in the department and I've seen the location and have been completely filled in on what the position entails, I do want the job. I don't expect an offer though. For some reason I always assume there's another candidate with more experience. I guess we'll see. I'm glad it's over. They said I should know something by the end of next week (they hoped). I'm way more nervous about being offered the job than not.

Yikes, sorry so long.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    3 Day in Dallas!! Who's in!? :happy: :laugh:

Julie: Sounds like the interview went well!! Hope it all works out for you! Sounds like a great new change for you!
  • elmox
    Options
    3 Day in Dallas!! Who's in!?

Jess, I totally have a friend I've been needing to visit in Dallas and her mom is a survivor. Sounds like a plan to me!!
  • adgrissom
    adgrissom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just checking in: I was hoping for at least 2 lbs. down this week, to be able to stay on track for my down 20 lbs by end of January (started before joining MFP). To my surprise I ended being down 3.6. If I can keep on track, just need another 2.2 by next Friday to meet my goal.

Had a moment of defeat yesterday, I have been very faithful in documenting my food (love the barcode scanner feature on the Droid btw). In addition, I have only missed 3 days of workouts since Dec. 27th. After having met and exceeded my personal of walking 2 miles in under 38 minutes (walked it in 36 minutes on Wed.) I had a really hard time getting motivated to even go to the Y yesterday.

However, I played a trick on myself, I try to always bring my workout clothes into the office with me, so I can change before I leave and be able to go straight the treadmill while my husband changes (gives me a few extra minutes of workout this way). So I was already feeling defeated and had found that I was talking myself out of even going to the Y. So before I left work, I went ahead and changed from my work clothes to the workout clothes, knowing I would feel kind of stupid having gone to the extra effort but then not go.

I knew the first question of my husband's mouth when I arrived home (he drove in separate and went straight home from work) would be "how was your workout" and I would feel stupid telling him I didn't go (yet, I was coming in the door in my workout clothes.) I also knew I would never go run errands dressed in my workout clothes, so my choices were to go home, run errands or go workout. So I decided I might as well go workout but I would only go for 20 minutes, just to feel better about myself.

For some reason, last night, the Y was packed, there wasn't a parking space to be found, except way back at the end of the parking lot where they park the buses, I thought to myself, I should go home and I could tell hubby it was too full. I then think I'm already here so I should at least go in. So I park in the boonies, and as I pass the windows where the machines are I notice it is not as busy as it looked from the outside. (Apparently there were some basketball, volleyball or indoor soccer games going on.) Again, I tell myself just do a quick 20 minutes it is better than nothing.

I step on the treadmill and set the timer and I automatically put in 30 minutes and start walking, when the time remaining flashes on the screen I realize what I have done and tell myself, it may say I have 29 minutes to go but I can stop it anytime I want. So 32 minutes later, I am finishing up with my cool down.

Felt a ton better and glad I tricked myself into going... Didn't feel like it was the best workout I've had but at least I worked out!!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Teresa.....0.0.....0.0%
    Heather...-1.2....0.63%
    Jenn........-0.7.....26%
    momma....0......0%
    Jess..........0......0%
    Lauren.....-1....0.58%
    Ladeb.....-0.2.....0.001
    Julie..........+3.2 (in the last 2 weeks) noway
    Nance.......-0.....0%

Oh my I am not losing, sisters. For a brief moment I said to myself, this is it - I quit. But then I thought of how many times I told you all you could not quit and thought again that I need to stick this out. I am being tested. I know that 100 pounds is a lot to lose in a year, in two years, in whatever years, it is huge. I also know that the next hundred is going to be tough. I have to keep my eyes on the prize and move forward, like I always tell you girls. *sigh* Not easy, but I am going to do this!!!

PLEASE don't let me quit. I am PMing you all my email addy because I fear I may stop coming here. I don't want to, I am just in a funk. PLEASE bother me if I disappear! :ohwell: Hell, bother me even if I do not disappear! :frown:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    OMG Seriously? You can only PM five people every ten minutes????????
  • purpleprose
    Options
    debra .........-1.2.........0.72%
    Teresa..........0.0.........0.0%
    lstpaul .......- 0.4 ......... ? haven't figured it out yet but it's not alot (just take 0.4/last week's weight and move the decimal over 2 to the right)
    Heather.......-1.2.........0.63%
    Jenn............-0.7..........0.26%
    Laila............-2.0..........0.95%
    momma..........0...........0%
    Jess................0...........0%
    Lauren..........-1...........0.58%
    Ann..............-2.0.........0.86%
    Ladeb..........-0.2.........0.001%
    cogirl.......... -1.0.........0.38%
    Julie............+3.2........0%
    Allison........-2.5.........1.0%
    Nance...........0............0%

I'm not sure my weight loss is fair for this week, as it's 2.5 pounds from my last weigh-in in December. It was a lot more earlier in the week, but my body seems to be processing all of the changes I made this week, first with being back in the States and eating more normally, working out again (I was active in India, but not running or using weights), getting back to school, etc. Oh well! I'm definitely in the 22#s and am so so close to 60 pounds!
  • awestfall
    Options
    OMG Seriously? You can only PM five people every ten minutes????????
    Nancy don't you dare think about quitting look how far you have come already .You can't give up now!! YOU CAN DO THIS!! We are here to help you.If you need to message me everyday or I need to message you everyday I will not let you give up on yourself.You have come to far to give up.I will give you a swift kick in the rear if I catch you not posting or disappearing on us WE LOVE YOU NANCY AND WE BELIEVE IN YOU.Don't let yourself be your worst enemy you can fight this battle and you have been
  • elmox
    Options
    Oh ladies....I just agreed to give a testimony about my weight loss in church on February 6. We are starting a series called Bod 4 God (haha) and I think God was leading me to open up my big mouth and get involved. I e-mailed our pastor today and he would like for me to talk about my weight loss journey and my relationship with the Lord.

So yeah. I figured that something like that would happen when I sent him the e-mail, but wow - it's going to be very interesting! I'll be working on my 2-3 min talk in the next week so I would certainly appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Eeek....talking about weight loss AND my relationship with the Lord? Could I get any more personal!?!
  • awestfall
    Options
    Oh ladies....I just agreed to give a testimony about my weight loss in church on February 6. We are starting a series called Bod 4 God (haha) and I think God was leading me to open up my big mouth and get involved. I e-mailed our pastor today and he would like for me to talk about my weight loss journey and my relationship with the Lord.

So yeah. I figured that something like that would happen when I sent him the e-mail, but wow - it's going to be very interesting! I'll be working on my 2-3 min talk in the next week so I would certainly appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Eeek....talking about weight loss AND my relationship with the Lord? Could I get any more personal!?!
    Lauren I think that is a wonderful thing you are sharing with your church.Congrats on being an inspiration to others.