Welcome Adgrissom!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Welcome Adgrissom!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Welcome Adgrissom! As I'm sure you saw from our postings, we try to post daily with our calories, water intake, exercise and something we're proud of. We weigh in on Fridays, but if your official weigh-in day is different (mine is Tuesday), you can use that number for Friday. The winner for the week then posts a challenge for the week. We're a very chatty group, so write as much or as little as you'd like!

lstpaul: Glad your husband is backing you up this time around. It's so much easier having a support group that encourages your decisions rather than sabotages. Best of luck on your healthier eating! Feel free to share good tips and information from your classes.

Ann: Glad you're feeling better and the sinus headache has gone away.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    We are a quiet bunch today! Hope everyone had a good day. My lunch was delicious and nutritious! :bigsmile:
  • purpleprose
    Options
    I'm readjusting (slowly) to life with a computer again, so I keep forgetting to come on the boards. Oops!

I've been under on cals and sodium the last 2 days, great on water, and have been proud that I'm getting back into the swing of things and back into a routine. Today I even made a healthy lunch with enough leftovers for at least 2 more meals. I've been working out and kicked my own *kitten* at the gym this morning. :happy:

Hopefully the check-in routine on here becomes habit again as well. I really haven't used my computer at all since I've been home!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Looks like another snow day is coming tomorrow. I'll be glad to not have the flu for it this time!

check in:

cals: about 20 under
    water: working on my 100
    exercise: 30 minutes elliptical
    proud: I was about to binge on WW ice cream bars but I talked myself out of it. Whew.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Julie - I hope you get an offer! I know you hate your job and it would be great to have a short commute!

Checking in for yesterday and today-
    Tuesday-
    calories - over
    Water - OK
    Exercise - nope

Proud: I really wanted to eat cake. I didn't eat the cake!

Wednesday -
    Calories - over
    Water - good
    Exercise - nope

Proud: that I didn't try to talk my co-worker into splitting a dessert (and I'm not eating the chocolate cake in front of me)

It's only 9:00 and I'm exhausted :( I'm going to bed but I'll be back tomorrow!
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Checking in for today
    calories: 55 over
    water: 100+ oz
    exercise: 60 grueling minutes with trainer
    proud: I still had energy tonight to hang out with about 100 junior high'rs
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Morning, ladies! Happy Thursday!

Feeling a bit yucky today. I hope I'm not catching what the 8-year-old had the last few days. Poor thing had been really sick since Friday. I just feel a little off. My TOM (which already happened at it's usual time) keeps popping up sporadically... very annoying.

I broke down yesterday... I had a donut. A giant, chocolatey, sprinkle-covered donut. It was delicious and too much haha. Luckily, it only put me 19 calories over for the day. And while I didn't log any REAL exercise, I'm sure I made up for it during the day (playing with the puppy, cleaning up, etc).

I REALLY need to drink more water. I tried yesterday, but it just felt sloshy and uncomfortable. I think I'll be drinking lots of tea today. (What I actually want is some ginger ale...
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Teresa - Hope you aren't getting sick, feel better soon.

YAY I was excited to see a 24# this morning, was lower than my lowest (of 2011 that is ). by like .4 lbs but that is okay...it is better than seeing that nasty 250# again...I am hoping to keep it there or a little lower by tomorrow. GOing to drink my water and work out today...Will be very happy if i can show a loss no matter how little it is.

It is freaking cold here the last few days it was like in the high 40's and low 50's was pretty nice. NOw this morning freaking cold and it is already at the high of today , supposed to get down to like 19 tonight...I DO NOT LIKE THE COLD. THere is a reason i don't live up north i just don't like being cold!! We are hoping they poured our foundation mabye yesterday morning, if not we probably wont' get it till next week.
  • adgrissom
    adgrissom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome Adgrissom! As I'm sure you saw from our postings, we try to post daily with our calories, water intake, exercise and something we're proud of. We weigh in on Fridays, but if your official weigh-in day is different (mine is Tuesday), you can use that number for Friday. The winner for the week then posts a challenge for the week. We're a very chatty group, so write as much or as little as you'd like!

Sounds like a great process and I am excited to participate. I love the accountability factor.

Calories: Right on the mark
    Water: Almost there, needed another 8 oz. :-/
    Excercise: Almost 45 minutes :-)
    Proud: I managed to get in 2 miles of agressive walking in at 36 minutes (I have been shooting for 38 minutes, have been close but rarely successful).
    Exercise Goal: Finish 5K in under an hour (walking)
    Weight Goal: Down a total of 20 lbs by end of January
    (Officially started weight loss in September, lost almost 20 before end of year, but gained about 8 during holidays.)

@tstout, I am not sure of your age or how long this has been a problem, however, I had the same issue re:TOM, after battling this for more than 10 months, GYN found that I had Andometriosis which is different than Endometriosis, after biopsies etc. was able to treat with medication. Just something to keep in mind if problem persists.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Check in - 01/19/2011
    Calories - under by 75 woohoo
    Water - 5 cups
    Exercise - 50 min arc trainer - 430 calories
    Proud - That been having a bad few days but not letting that get me down
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I think I am coming down with something. I feel like going back to bed.

We are expecting another snow storm...I am getting really tired of all the snow/ice/hail blastiing my area. I am hoping it misses my area and goes somewhere where it's needed..lol

I haven't read much of the posts, but going to go catch up now..

Have a great day!

Check in: 1/16/11
    calories: 1320
    exercise: walked with DH about 60 minutes
    water: 100oz
    Proud: even though it was the weekend I stay with in calorie limits (which I normally don't do - yah!!)

Check in: 1/17/11
    calories: 1689 ( I had chinese food)
    exercise: walked Jacksonville mall (outside) in the cold
    water: 80 oz
    Proud: I didn't overdo it with my food ( which was so good)

Check in: 1/18/11
    calories: 1232
    exercise: if cleaning 2 levels, in my home, counts - that's what I did
    water: 128oz
    Proud: stayed on track, even though I wanted some chocolate pieces, DH bought!

Check in: 1/19/11
    calories: 1328
    exercise: nothing
    water: about 100oz
    Proud: I saw a low number, on the scale, even wiht the chinese fest
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    AGD - thanks for the information! I'm 29. I hasn't been happening all that long, but it has happened before (the last time was in July). I will certainly keep an eye on things though. I appreciate it!

Welcome to the group! You are so right about the accountability factor. I had been attempting (poorly) at using this site for about a year and a half with no success. Then after I joined this group, BOOM! 20 pounds gone :)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!

Nancy: Great job on avoiding the WW ice cream binge. I had one last night, but it's so hard not to reach for the second one. Their version of the Snickers ice cream bar is SO delicious and addictive. Must. Be. Strong.

I'm sorry, ladies, but I just laugh when I read about the complaints about the cold as I'm sure Ladeb and lstpaul do, too. Last night, I spent 30 minutes in the pasture with my horse in the 3 degree weather. We were below zero last night and they're talking about -25 windchills for the coming weekend. Yet, we have plans to snowshoe, snowmobile and play with horses. Minnesotans are NUTS!

Last night, my sister offered to buy dinner but wanted Chinese. I went along with it and got pepper steak instead of sesame chicken and white rice instead of fried rice. I would have been over my points for the day, but I had exercise points banked from earlier this week, so I was actually on target and didn't dip into my weekly bonus points. Yay!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Water: 40.9 oz.
    Exercise: Horse-catching for 30 minutes.
    Proud: Made better choices with chinese food.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!

I'm sorry, ladies, but I just laugh when I read about the complaints about the cold as I'm sure Ladeb and lstpaul do, too. Last night, I spent 30 minutes in the pasture with my horse in the 3 degree weather. We were below zero last night and they're talking about -25 windchills for the coming weekend. Yet, we have plans to snowshoe, snowmobile and play with horses. Minnesotans are NUTS!

Yes i know i am sad :smile: I would never make it in a cold climate ..the few days /weeks of cold we get a year really gets to Me
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Morning! Happy Friday Eve! Why do the short weeks always feel the longest?

Last night I worked late, so Jonathan (hubby) went to dinner at his brother's. I've mentioned it before, but my bro-in-law is a professional cook. So Jonathan brought me back some leftovers. Nothing too awful - roasted chicken breast, risotto, roasted veggies. I put the entire thing of leftovers on my plate, thought, "wow, that looks big, but oh well." I went in to track the meal, realized I would be way over for the day if I ate all of it, so I put half of everything back. I was totally satisfied with my tasty dinner. While I'm glad I put half back (lunch for hubby today!), I wish I would have followed my visual cues a bit better and not thrown everything in the container on the plate. It was a smart decision, just wish I had followed my instincts a bit better.

Checking in from yesterday:
    Cals - Under by 14! 1186 - I know I should be getting at least 1200 a day, but with a difference of 14, I feel ok.
    Water - 80 oz
    Exercise - Nada. Am super busy the next few days and it's going to be rough fitting it in.
    Proud - Made the decision to put the food back!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    It is freaking cold here the last few days it was like in the high 40's and low 50's was pretty nice. NOw this morning freaking cold and it is already at the high of today , supposed to get down to like 19 tonight...I DO NOT LIKE THE COLD. THere is a reason i don't live up north i just don't like being cold!! We are hoping they poured our foundation mabye yesterday morning, if not we probably wont' get it till next week.

Yes ma'am it is!! I am freezing at work!! No fun. I didn't wanna get out of bed this morning. At least I got to sleep in till 7!! WOOHOO!! Found out last night that our hot water heater at home is broken. Cross your fingers the new one gets installed today! I went to the gym last night and had a great workout. Came home to find my Mom had picked up chinesse for dinner. Luckily she got some steamed veggies and chicken as one of the entrees. I just love my Mom and how she tries so hard to pick healthy choices for me! :bigsmile: I was going to workout tonight but I'm so freaking tired that I don't think it's going to happen. Definitely hitting it tomorrow and Saturday though! I believe 45 min-1 hr both times.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Just noticed I'm in the single digits of my countdown to Mexico!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Just noticed I'm in the single digits of my countdown to Mexico!

WOHOOO soo excited (and jealous :tongue: ) for you :smile: