ANYBODY A HEIGHT 5'8 AND ABOVE!!!

Options

Replies

• morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 1/2...and my current weight is 202...I'd like to get to around 145 pounds if possible. Back when I was about 20 years old...I got my weight down to 115 pounds...but everyone around me told me I looked sick and that it didn't look normal. About 3 years ago...I got my weight down to 160...which I think is just about the perfect weight for me...but I'd really like to get down to 145 if possible...gonna keep truckin'...cause I still have a long ways to go...
  • KLJ456
    KLJ456 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and weigh 195.5 (started at 206 and MFP at around 201 or so). I would be happy to get to 165 (wedding weight) but just under 150 would be awesome! I think that would put me at about a size 10 jean (I have a slim upper body/stomach and wide hips so I don't think I could physically get under a size 10).
  • runracer11
    runracer11 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and currently at 173lbs. I started on MFP at 180 on January 1st, my highest weight ever.

About 5 years ago I was at 135lbs and super-fit. I loved being 135-140lbs. I was running about 30 miles a week and fast too. However, between a pregnancy, c-section #3 and struggling with hypothyroidism, I gained quite a bit. Now it is time to lose it.

My current goal is 145lbs, and I'll see how I feel about going lower once I get there! I know that I feel icky at anything over 160lbs.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9 1/2 and currently 155 lbs, my goal is 150. I wear a UK size 14, (US 12) and will never get into anything smaller because of my hips, but I love being curvy so that doesn't bother me!
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft. 8.5 inches, weight 134 lbs (small boned), I'm on Weight Watcher's Maintenance and my weight is usually between 130 to 135 pounds. I wear size 5 jeans (Canadian). My highest weight was 186 pounds before I joined Weight Watchers in 1998.
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    I am 5ft 8 and just under 200lbs, aiming for 140lbs.
    Ambitious? Maybe.
    Determined? Definitely.

UK sizes are different - my goal is to be a size 10 in this country. And you know what? I'm going to get there and then I shall post before and after photos to show you all:smile:
  • sweetfiona
    sweetfiona Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5'9, currently 220lb but just recently started new healthy eating and lost 4lb since last Sunday - just shows you how unfit, unhealthy and stuck in a rut I was. 1200 calories per day but usually dont manage to eat that much - MFP is great for motivation. Used to just be pear shaped but currently feeling more 'round'!! Generally size 18 top and bottom. Married 20 years ago in April and was 147lb - aiming for around 168lb ish as felt was too light for my build then. good luck to my new MFP friends.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    6'3 started @ 485 lbs. very large frame. people were surprised at me being 485. most of my family and friends guessed 350-400 lbs. range. now sitting at 389. nearing my 1st 100 lbs. lost. I look like 300 - 350 though.
  • Lithuria
    Lithuria Posts: 132
    Options
    Im six foot and weigh 329 pounds. I wear a UK size 26. My goal weight is 154 pounds. Never been anywhere near that weight and have no idea what size that will make me as I come from a family of big people (both height and girth) and so have nothing to compare to!
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    Yay, more tall people!!

I am 5'11 weigh 170.5 ( My first MFP weigh in this morning actually) and jeans anywhere from 9-12..depends on store etc and my short term goal is 150..long term i'd like to drop another 10 and maintain at 140...

5 years ago i was 276....
  • Lauz_88
    Lauz_88 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9in and my highest weight was last year at 190lbs, I was wearing a UK size 18. I'm now 179lbs and a UK size 16. My goal is to be 140lbs by June and a UK Size 12/14. I haven't been that weight in 3 years but i'm hoping I can manage to get down to it.
  • WritingMyLife
    WritingMyLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", weigh 360.4 pounds (down from 366.8) and wear a size 32. I'm looking to lose half my body weight. I have no idea what size I will be when I get there as I haven't been there since I was in about 6th grade.
  • okgirly
    okgirly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" tall and like you, I can't lose too much or I look way too skinny. My goal weight is around 145, that's where I look and feel best. Over the last few years I have not paid any attention to what I was eating and here I am at a little over 180. This morning I weighed for the first time this week and I am down 3 pounds!!! I just started this week and it feels good to see a positive result. My daughter is graduating high school and I have my 30 year class reunion a month apart and I really want to look my best. Lately I have just not been happy with how I feel and look. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can all do this together!
  • skinney1357
    Options
    I am 5"8 and currently 140 pounds. I am a 4 in Express jeans but according to my measurements I am usually a 6 just depends on the jeans.
  • sheenabe
    sheenabe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I am weighing in at about 217lbs. I currently wear a size 16 (CDN) pant. My ultimate goal, I think, is to be at 160lbs. I have never been there. My lowest weight was 183lbs. I felt healthy, and thin! I worked out 5 to 6 days a week and felt great, but apparently I was still overweight. :sad: so I guess my healthier goal should be somewhere around the 160lbs mark and I will see how I like it!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and I currently weigh 157lbs. My goal weight is 140lbs. I'm not actually sure what size my jeans are? I haven't went shopping since the beginning of my weight loss ( i started at 192lbs )
  • Pinomami89
    Pinomami89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    are u comfortable at ur weight??? Lovetodance81???
  • luv2dance81
    luv2dance81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    are u comfortable at ur weight??? Lovetodance81???

For me, personally, no. It is not because of how I look (most people don't notice when I fluctuate 10 lbs), but how I feel. I'm a dancer and most of the time my weight is between 137 and 142. I got injured in the beginning of 2010, so I wasn't able to dance. I gained about 15 lbs over the course of the year between not exercising and eating away my depression which put me at my highest weight ever of 155.5. I didn't look bad, like I said, fluctuation of 10 to 15 lbs when your tall is hardly noticible to most people unless wearing spandex everyday is part of your profession...haha, but my clothes didn't fit very well and I felt tired. My injury is healed and I'm back on track.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 8in

My heaviest was about 205. I am currently 162 and my ideal is 150.

I am a UK size 12 (just) which is US 10. At 150 I am a UK 10/12 which is US 8.

I Would really love to be 140 but for my naturally curvey shape its just not going to happen so a healthy 150 is the aim.
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 10. weight 160lb at the mo really wanna get back down to 136.....
    i look fat even at 145 lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!