ANYBODY A HEIGHT 5'8 AND ABOVE!!!

Options

Replies

• Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    5'9 current 417 lbs I want to be at 170-200 lbs range at this point. 170 being the high end of ideal weight for a chick my height.
  • FIREfitGrl27
    Options
    Aw, I feel too short for this one. Lol...but okay, 5'7'' and currently 166 lbs. For me to be in the normal range, according to the BMI chart, I need to get to 159 lbs. I want that. My ultimate goal is 160 lbs and I feel once I get there I can start to really focus on the toning and maintaining and if my body wants to keep going with the weight loss, then that will be an added plus! I want to feel good and healthy.

Is it me or is it just different for us taller ladies.....I see a lot of great transformations with the shorter peeps on here with lower weight loss numbers...especially in the waist. Also, a comment that talked about being at a weight that was too low and too hard to maintain for her frame and height...a friend had the same issue and had to gain some weight back to get to a healthy feeling because they had loss too much weight and felt awful at their lowest.

I was watching the Doctors and they were talking about this for a bit. Either way, whatever height...most importantly is to get healthy and feel good!
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    5'11 sw 270 (SMH) size 18 .... good new is after 11lbs down Ive got like 4 extra inches in the waist....so im getting there slowly but surely. Goal weight is 180 (hs weight) and then beyond once i get there.
  • NickyJones
    NickyJones Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    6ft 1 inch (maybe a .5 in there, depending on who's measuring :P). CW 210, GW 180. Current pants size US 16, goal pants size 12 or 10 if it's healthy for my height (don't know if it is, I've never been skinny before... :laugh: ). Let's us tall people all try our best!
  • ccutter87
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 139 at the end of the day (so like 137 in the morning...) and this is the absolute heaviest I've ever been. My goal weight is 126, which I weighed about 6 months ago, but I'd be happy with 132 because that's super easy to maintain. I wear a size 4 or 6 depending on the brand. I'd like to be a size 2. Oh, and the best thing for love handles are intervals...alternating between short sprints (or quicker walking) and a slower pace. Intervals burn the most fat, which is what love handles clearly are. Yoga or pilates help too, but you've got to get that cardio in and intervals are the easiest way to go! I mean, come on, you get to rest every minute or so (depending on what length intervals you do!) so they're not that hard!
  • Sharrene
    Options
    It is so odd to read heights and weights. I am so different. I am pretty muscular so my sizing is different. I am 5'8" 258 and a size 18. At about 240 I am in a 16. I want to get back down to a size 10/12 that is where I look healthiest.
  • Troytroy408
    Troytroy408 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, 191lbs and wear size 11/12 jeans also depends on who makes the jeans too.
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and currently weigh 213. I just got into a size 14 (yeah!) but I would love to be in a size 10...over the moon if I could get into a size 8. My goal weight is between 150-160.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    5'8, 138lbs size 7 in jeans 5/7 in dress pants. My size 5 dress pants fit better when I was 10lbs lighter yet but they still do the trick.

129lbs by 29 is my goal, fun numbered goals are fun ;). All I really 'need' to be mentally happy is 135 lbs.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 254. The smallest I remember being was in high school at 170-180. I'm aiming to get down to 150-160. But i'll "play it by ear" once I hit 180. looking back at my 180 pics I looked pretty good, though I remember feeling like I was so fat! I carry weight in my butt, and boobs! my sister used to hate me she was so jealous! LOL

oh BTW im a size 18/20
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    5'11" and 252 pounds. I wear a size 18.

My goal weight is 170. I have a heavy frame and play a lot of sports though, so I have a lot of muscle on me. I would look emaciated if I weighed much less than that. I just need to get rid of the fat!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    5'8 and fluctuating between 107-110. Yes, I know I am underweight and no, I'm not trying to lose anymore weight.

My goal right now is to gain some muscle. I don't know my actual 1,2,3 size but my measurements are about 32/33 bust, 24.5 waist, 33 hip. I usually end up buying 25-26 pants pants though......womens sizes make no sense to me. I can't even remember the last time I bought a size like 1,2,3 or 2,4,6 ....The ones I buy are measured by waist and length. Where does everyone shop?

Good luck to you all! Yay tall gals!!
  • harmonykay
    Options
    I am 5'9 my start weight was 180 and size 16. I am down to 172 now but I don't know if I have changed sizes yet or not. I would like to get to 140ish. That is what i was when I got married 5 years ago.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 1/4 and weigh 153#. I wear a size 10 jeans. My goal is 140# (and 20% body fat).
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8 1/2" and weigh about 135. Am on maintenance now and am trying to get back to about 137. Size 6 jeans and jeggings. Size 8 pants and dresses. BMI is excellent -- about 20.2. Want to maintain in this range but tone up and feel curvy. Trying to pay close attention to my makeup and skin care too! Wearing more eye make up now. I no longer hear "you have such a pretty face!"
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, heaviest was 202 - currently at 189.5. I wear stretchy jeans sz 12. I am guessing I would need a 14 or 16 regular jeans. When I was 16, I was 140-145. I was pretty slim then (although I still saw myself as huge...). After having gained some weight (and having a child), I went down to 165 two years ago and I felt pretty good. I wore size 6 mostly. I think I will be very comfortable at 150-155, but my goal is to go back to 145 and maybe fit into a size 4...
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I'm 5' 10", currently weigh 258, with pant size - loose 24. My goal is currently set at 175, but depending on my feeling when I reach that area, I may re-adjust to 150. I would love to be 150, but I want to hit the 175-180 first, then go from there. Time will tell.
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and wear a loose 16. I weigh 189. My goal is to lose about 30 more pounds. I love my curves but need to tone up a lot. I want to be in a 12 comfortably.
  • MAbbate
    Options
    You have to remember that size 9 is a junior size and 6-8 are misses sizes. There is a difference in the cut and the fit. That is probably the size difference. Don't be tres sad....you are on the right track!
  • MAbbate
    Options
    I am reading all these posts and am in disbelief.

I am 5'10...as I said. I am 145 lbs and a size 9 pants! Everyone here is like "I am size 6...size 8" etc. and they are heavier than me and save height or shorter. I totally don't get it. Tres sad.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!