ANYBODY A HEIGHT 5'8 AND ABOVE!!!

Options

Replies

• Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and 198 (down from 205 before I started exercising and watching what I ate. I'm looking to get down to 185, and might go for 180 once I reach the main goal.
  • sheebs11
    sheebs11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im 5'10 and 165, my top weight was about 175. i'm a size 7/8 canada. ive found oblique help a bit with the love handles, or exercises that get more than one muscle group going (rowing, lunges with curls)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I am reading all these posts and am in disbelief.

I am 5'10...as I said. I am 145 lbs and a size 9 pants! Everyone here is like "I am size 6...size 8" etc. and they are heavier than me and save height or shorter. I totally don't get it. Tres sad.
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i am 5'9 @ (currently) 191....my heaviest weight ever! UGH!....my goal right now is to loose 50 lbs in the next 6 months....according to the calendar, i can do it if i loose 2 lbs per week....hopefully i can make this happen...any advice out there success stories?

Yeah u will beable to lose that weight in 6 months I know u can do it..because I had the same mind set goal and im losing 2 lbs a week or 3 sometimes =) So just get ur mind set to it and I know u can do it =)
    oh thank you soo much...i REALLY hope i can do it....i used to wear a size 10...never been smaller than that in my whole life...im hoping to change that....my first goal is to get BACK to that size 10...my main goal to loose that 50 lbs....after that...we'll see...but thank you...you look amazing good job
  • bribra34
    Options
    I am 5'9 and started at 165. I'm hoping to be down to 140ish by June before our Caribbean cruise!

Anyone want to help me? :) So far, in 18 days, I've lost 8 pounds!
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5". I am currently 187 and a size 12 in my Gap jeans. I was 135 during my freshman year of college and it was a great weight for me, so my goal is there or slightly lower. I have a small frame, though, so I can pull off a lower weight than others my height might be able to. I was a 4/6 at that weight, and I'd like to be a solid 4. :)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    5'9" and 261#.
    Heaviest 426--lightest in adult life 175
  • cclaborn22
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 138lbs, my waist is 27" so I wear either a 2 or 4 in jeans. I used to weigh about 15 pounds less than I do now, but that was before I started lifting weights. I'm at 10.8% body fat right now and am training to compete in my first fitness competition. So even though we are tall, we have advantages of being able to weight more and hide our weight. With the clean eating (lean proteins, veggies, good fats, etc) and a consistent exercise routine with weight training not only will you lose fat, but will gain a leaner physique. It's exciting at first because you lose weight, but then it starts coming on again only this time it's muscle. So girl you got this, you can get to your desired weight with discipline and commitment! :)
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    5'8" but i'm a dude so I should be in the short list :sad:
  • cmo115
    cmo115 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. Current weight: 150. Goal weight: 138. Current jean size: 8-but pretty tight.

We have the same goal.
    I'm 5'9. Currently 164. Goal weight 138. Current jean size 9/10
  • KIWIFL
    KIWIFL Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10. My current weight is 197 and my goal weight is 160. I currently wear a size 10-12 in jeans. I want to get back to a true size 8. The 8 that doesn't require 2% spandex. lol
  • Pinomami89
    Pinomami89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5", and currently I weigh 183. Highest weight, 187, just around Christmas time. My lowest weight ever was 118, but I know it's completely unrealistic (and UNHEALTHY!) to get back down to that weight. My goal weight is to be in the 130 - 142 range, with my red flag weight being 155.

I'm don't bother with clothing sizes because they are wacked out and vary SO much from store to store. I sew my own clothes a lot of the time, and did you know that back in the 60's (I use a lot of vintage patterns), a size "10" was someone with a 31 1/2" bust and a 24" waist?!?! Pffffft. In today's day and age, that person is a size "6". Sizes in today's society have been modified anyways to accomodate our vanity, so I don't base anything on them. As long as it fits, you feel great in it and you're at a healthy weight, who cares what a clothing tag says! :)

hey we are basically the same height and weight but im 182lbs wanna get to 150lbs GOAL =) wooh 118 I know u were really skinney...Yeah so true who cares what a tag says its how u feel inside about ur self!! =)
  • Pinomami89
    Options

I am 5'10...as I said. I am 145 lbs and a size 9 pants! Everyone here is like "I am size 6...size 8" etc. and they are heavier than me and save height or shorter. I totally don't get it. Tres sad.

Its ok girlie u know everybody body structure is different ya know... =)
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Don;t worry!! pants size has a lot ot do with body shape

When I was 135 I was maaaaybe a six. maybe. At 145 I was an 8- 10. I had a small waist and flat tummy but big hips, and you need a bigger pant size to go on bigger hips :)
  • othersiderock
    othersiderock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to see other tall girls! We have to weigh a bit more than the shorter girls but we can all work on finding a perfect weight for our beautiful tall selves <3

Height- 5'9"
    Highest Weight- 153
    Normal Weight- 145
    Current Weight- 150
    Goal Weight- 135
    Junior Pant- Size 7-9
    Frame- small

Good luck ladies! Eating right has really been helping me lately. If you'd like to add me feel free to :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    5 '9
    sz 6 in most now
    132 lbs
  • kacka68
    kacka68 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 175cm (5"9) and currently 81kgs (179 pounds). when you're tall, you can put on weight (say 5 to 10 kgs) without anyone really noticing it ('cause it's spread out over the whole of the body). but i always know - my closes don't hang right.....and at the moment, they're just plain tight.

My goal weight 63kgs (about 140 pounds) - that will have me in size 10 jeans (US size 8).
  • canoekayak
    Options
    :happy:
    Hello - I'm 6'.6"
    Started at 215 lbs goal weight 190lbs

@ kacka68,
    Your right on, with the tall aspect and weight gain!
  • Pinomami89
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 138lbs, my waist is 27" so I wear either a 2 or 4 in jeans. I used to weigh about 15 pounds less than I do now, but that was before I started lifting weights. I'm at 10.8% body fat right now and am training to compete in my first fitness competition. So even though we are tall, we have advantages of being able to weight more and hide our weight. With the clean eating (lean proteins, veggies, good fats, etc) and a consistent exercise routine with weight training not only will you lose fat, but will gain a leaner physique. It's exciting at first because you lose weight, but then it starts coming on again only this time it's muscle. So girl you got this, you can get to your desired weight with discipline and commitment! :)

Aww foreal thats a good size to me 138 I know u feel great in ur weigh range =) Yeah I lift weights everyday, and im losig weight and toning my body at the same time yayy =) I love it! Yes u said it Discipline and Commitment I have =) I can't wait to get to 150 I know I feel extra good =) im 181lbs right now..but goal weight is 150 or maybe under =) Thank you for the advice though!
  • Pinomami89
    Options
    It's so nice to see other tall girls! We have to weigh a bit more than the shorter girls but we can all work on finding a perfect weight for our beautiful tall selves <3

Height- 5'9"
    Highest Weight- 153
    Normal Weight- 145
    Current Weight- 150
    Goal Weight- 135
    Junior Pant- Size 7-9
    Frame- small

Good luck ladies! Eating right has really been helping me lately. If you'd like to add me feel free to :)

I know right...we tall girls got different bodies shapes but its okay because we find a way to work with are shape =)
    Omg I wanna be 150 =) but then if I wanna lose more I will =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!