Who in here likes tattoos ?

Options

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love tatts!!! I got 3 (A huge lower back sun/moon, tiger on left hip and dragon on right peck) and would get WAY more. But like to be able to hide them when I choose to. Am thinking about my next one - a memorial tatt for my daughter. Just not sure where to get it.

Almost died with my dragon - well not really, but it hurt. My tiger was a walk in the park. My Sun/moon was like a burning sensation... They were all worth it, and well you gotta 'earn' your tatt! They are addictive, glad I was low on cash when I started cause for sure I would have been covered by now.
  • feetypajamas
    feetypajamas Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge body modification fan. Have several tattoos and piercings. In fact, I practically LIVE over at bodymod.org.

I have several tattoos planned, but what I have right now, in chronological order, are:

-A sea turtle on my butt, right cheek (first tattoo!)
    -A petroglyph sea turtle on my back between shoulder blades
    Kanji that says "Patience" on my lower back (yes, it was a tramp stamp before I knew what they were. And yes, it really says patience. Yay for the multicultural-ness of Hawaii!)
    -Shamrock with a celtic knot design inside it on right ankle
    -Started my back piece, 16 hours of work so far, maybe 5 more to go... It incorporated the turtle and kanji so they're no longer seperate tattoos. It's a memorial for my little sister who passed away in '02. There are 3 koi and a lotus blossom in it so far. Message me and I'll explain the meanings behind it all.
    -Lyrics from a NIN song on my right calf "As lost as I get I will find you"

I've got plans for another on my left calf, the start of a sleeve, and a few more for undecided places. I'm not much of a person for spontaneous tattoos. Err, I should rephrase that. Tattoos that are picked off the wall of flash on a whim without any reason. But, that's just me. I *AM* a bit of a snob when it comes to choosing artists, shops, etc, and who I will allow to tattoo/pierce me. After all, it's MY body, I want it to stay safe. No hep C, thanks! LOL
  • natsplat_20
    natsplat_20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher so have positioned the two i have where they can be hidden when i work. One is on my left shoulder and one is across the top of my back.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Tattoos can be VERY sexy in my opinion. Even with someone who has a lot... if they are done well, it adds to the attractiveness. But I've seen people with ONE tattoo that was horrible and it was a total turn-off. "Alt Models" are becoming more and more popular and are often portrayed as pin-ups these days. Truth is, I'd prefer them over "normal" models.

If I can ever get someone to do the design I want, I'd have a nice half sleeve (it would be of General Kwan Yu with his Kwan-Dao staff). I dont know what I would have in the "background" other than mist or clouds... but would love cherry blossoms or something along that line. That would be on my left arm. I want a "tribal" dragon design in the form of a Chinese dragon on my right arm, done in an armband.

That being said... getting a tattoo is something serious. You should get a stencil done or a temp tattoo and wear that for a while to see how you like it. And make sure that you have scoped out parlors to find the best artist for what you want to do. Most importantly, make sure that whatever it is you get, has meaning to you, or you'll just end up regretting it later. And you cant completely get rid of a tattoo, so be sure it's what you want.
  • Sumo813
    Options
    I'm a teacher so have positioned the two i have where they can be hidden when i work. One is on my left shoulder and one is across the top of my back.

That's another important thing with tattoos... unless you plan on working in an industry where that's the norm, make sure it's somewhere that is easily concealable. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have two, and I'm going to get my 3rd when I hit 15 pounds lost. They're from my own drawings.

First was on Halloween last year, the day my wonderful black cat Fergus died. Now he'll always be in his favorite place, on my belly smiling up at me.

IMG_9620.jpg

I love how his face just peeps up over my waistband when I'm in jeans. I'll love it more when my belly is more toned... (Crappy cell phone pic taken in the mirror then I got my belly button pierced.)

fergus.jpg

My second was about two weeks later, of a Maneki Neko (Lucky Cat), based on what two of my other cats look like. It's on my calf.

tattoo.jpg

Eventually, I'd either like to get a black one on the other leg, or a Foo Dog drawn to resemble my Pekingese. But next will be a Scottish thistle with my maiden name's family motto under it. I would consider getting our family crest, but it's three boars' heads on a sheild, and I'd like something a little more feminine than a bunch of mean looking piggie-heads. :laugh:
  • JeanMargaret
    Options
    I have two tats. One on each arm. When I'm happy with some progress I've made [in terms of weight loss/fitness] I'm getting another. I don't know what and I don't know where on my body, but I'm getting one. ;-)
  • feetypajamas
    Options
    Hahaha, Mr Sharp there knew me back when I was sweet and innocent, with virgin skin...

All of the tattoos I had gotten back in Hawaii was while I was working for a bank. None could be seen. The others I've accumulated can only be seen if I want them to be. Right now I'm working off and on in a friends hair salon. I'll be starting cosmetology school in Sept (financial aid allowing... *crosses fingers*) and working with her full time. She had a sleeve that she hated, because she wasn't very picky about her artist. I came along, we became the best of friends, and I found her an artist to re-work it into something amazing. She's now discussing her other sleeve with that artist. :D

In our industry, we can look however we want. She and I are our own bosses. What matters is our talent. Well, we'll see if I have any talent or not... :P
  • yourmamasaidwha
    Options
    <
    this girl LOVES tats...but am waiting until I am happy w/my weight...those will be my rewards, well, those and some clothes...maybe a fab new do, but nothing 'til i lose more!
  • AimDoubleE
    Options
    I love tattoos! I have 2 ATM, 1 on my left shoulder blade with my 3 oldest children's names & one on my left foot, a ladybug with my youngest daughter's name & DOB. I plan on getting another one on my 30th birthday, a heart with my twin sisters name, our DOB, her DOD, and angel wings. :happy:
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have two tats. One on each arm. When I'm happy with some progress I've made [in terms of weight loss/fitness] I'm getting another. I don't know what and I don't know where on my body, but I'm getting one. ;-)
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I too plan to add more tatts after my weight loss...as a reward I absolutely love tatts & believe if done right it's a decoration on your body that defines you..I def' plan on getting more but I want to focus on looking better...meanwhile I guess my wrist & calves will have to do..one I have of ladybug holds special meaning because I got it after I had my daughter...& yes definitely do research as to where to get it because if you're taking the time & dedication to lose weight...you have to take car of your body make sure you don't get anything from bad needles or "dirty" places
  • highlordb
    highlordb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have 3...mostly on my arms, but out of site for normal business wear, as I am an accountant.
  • Sumo813
    Options
    For anyone who ever visits the Tampa Bay area... I would highly recommend checking out 1603 Tattoo in Ybor City. They have a reputation for being one of the cleanest parlors in the area (and is run by a friend of mine). But I'm guessing not many make it this way. Just thought I'd throw that out there nonetheless. :)
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have 2, one on my wrist and one between my shoulder blades. Both are text because I have yet to think of or find any sort of picture I would want to get as a tattoo. I really love text tattoos and both are meaningful to me.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have 2 tattoos, one small of the Jesus fish (on my wrist) and the other fairly large of tribal/butterfly design (on my back between my shoulder blades). Both of them were not given much thought before I got inked. But I still love them both about 3 and 5 years later. I want about 4 more, too ;) I think tattoos are very sexy when done right. Body art is just soooo incredibly attractive and sensual.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have two, and I'm going to get my 3rd when I hit 15 pounds lost. They're from my own drawings.

First was on Halloween last year, the day my wonderful black cat Fergus died. Now he'll always be in his favorite place, on my belly smiling up at me.

I love this! :)
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have several tats, pics on my profile, my wings on my back were the 1st, and it took about 2 1/2 hours! my latest, the flower cluster with a honey bee on the inside of my arm, took about 4 hours....I am excited to get more, when I save some cash!
  • TheDaniProject
    Options
    the sting was worth it =D

I got my tatt when i was 19yrs old.
    its sitting on my collar bone between my shoulder and neck in the front.
    the original pic was a moon with bats flying into it but i decided to not get the moon.

of course once i get to my goal weight there will be more =D
  • feetypajamas
    Options
    All this talk about tattoos is making me crave another even worse. Come onnnnn tax refund! Momma needs some brand new ink!