Who in here likes tattoos ?

Options

Replies

• VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have 3 tattoos. I'm more into my piercings. I have 25 :)

I loved the piercings I had when I had them. I had 13, but only 6 are still 'in operation'.
  • neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    Options
    So who in here likes tatts.? & if you do where do you think is the best/worst place to get one & what kind?

I love them, and I have several. That said, the best/worst place and best/worst type is SO subjective. What works great on one person might look ridiculous on the next.

Tattoos are art; I've heard it said that "you wouldn't walk into someone's home and ask 'what does that painting on the wall mean to you?' so why do we feel the need to make people explain their tattoos."

The only thing that IS important is the QUALITY of the tattoo. It's something you're going to have forever, so whether it's the size of a ladybug, or covers half your body, take the time to do your homework and get a great artist (and then once you have it - TAKE CARE OF IT - that means sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen!)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    For placement, my lower belly was the perfect place for my first tattoo. It didn't hurt at all. Just a buzzing feeling like an electric razor. It was a good meaty area to start. :laugh:

The one on my calf/ankle was a little more tender. It stung when he got closer to bone near my ankle. And later that night and the next day, it kinda felt like someone took a cheese grater to my leg. I wore capris for days after, in part because it was sensitive, but mostly because I wanted to show it off and see it.

My husband reports that the inside of the wrist is very sensitive. His hand and fingers kept jumping involuntarily as nerves were hit.
  • neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    Options
    The one on my calf/ankle was a little more tender. It stung when he got closer to bone near my ankle. And later that night and the next day, it kinda felt like someone took a cheese grater to my leg. I wore capris for days after, in part because it was sensitive, but mostly because I wanted to show it off and see it.

UGH... yeah, lower calf, ankle & foot = AGONY for me!

Also, the last one I got on my lower calf made my foot swell for WEEKS... I thought it was infected, but it's a common response apparently.

Most painful spot, however, was my ribs. I nearly passed out. lol
  • kezereth
    Options
    I use to be big into piercings but I eventually got tired of baby siting them because of my job.

I take all of mine out and then put them back in again at the end of the day because of my job. It's a bit of a pain, but it's a labour of love :)
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    So who in here likes tatts.? & if you do where do you think is the best/worst place to get one & what kind?

I love them, and I have several. That said, the best/worst place and best/worst type is SO subjective. What works great on one person might look ridiculous on the next.

Tattoos are art; I've heard it said that "you wouldn't walk into someone's home and ask 'what does that painting on the wall mean to you?' so why do we feel the need to make people explain their tattoos."

The only thing that IS important is the QUALITY of the tattoo. It's something you're going to have forever, so whether it's the size of a ladybug, or covers half your body, take the time to do your homework and get a great artist (and then once you have it - TAKE CARE OF IT - that means sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen!)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have Cinderella's castle on the inside of my right leg. As I run a half or full marathon I'm adding stick running figures to it. Need to get in and add 2 for marathon weekend early this month. also have my hubby's name on my finger. i'm not a big jewerly person so we both got our names tattooed on. Due to his type of work he's not allowed to wear one at work safety reasons (works with rock crushing equip)
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I agree that The quality is important...What works on one might not work on another...I know everybody has different opinions & feelings about 'em just wanted to see some opinions...perhaps I didn't phrase my question right ...lol...but I like the thread so far...all the dif' things people have shared...
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I have 3 ... soon to be 4. I agree with 305 muscle... It's YOUR body, so no one else can decide what's best for you.

I personally choose places that are hide-able and show-ab;e. :-D Being a teacher I want to be able to put them away, but bring them out too when I want! :-D I have an ankle, a back and a low neck tattoo now, the 4th will be shoulder blade. Especially since I am working toward a HOT back! ;)

Tats are HOT! ;)
  • numberscolors
    Options
    i love tattoos! i currently have.... 8, i think.

Photoon2011-01-31at12093.jpg
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have six. I want sleeves.

My newest one from December:

t9ytkl.jpg
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I do I do!! I have 2, would have more but finances aren't the best right now. I have one on my upper right back near my shoulder blade and another on my right ankle. At my halfway point in my weightloss journey, Im getting another one.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the sugar skulls!
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    yes! sugar skulls FTW!! I want to get one eventually...I just to figure out what I want. I guess I should post up my other tattoos in here lol

l_06d4cbae667165c97502e7b3d76506d1.jpg

l_803d12d5047347e081d8c439171e0a12.jpg

l_e61732d2604ed3c53a115a5e383ee2e6.jpg
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Since everyone else is sharing... :) Right ankle (not a small guy), Back, and just below neck. I designed them all... had sketches and the artist perfected them :)
    abctattoo.jpg
    startattoo.jpg
    moontattoo.jpg
  • neebelung
    Options

t9ytkl.jpg

that is gorgeous!!! <3

Half sleeves and a MAJOR sugar skull piece (as in major back piece) are on my agenda... :)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    On my back I have a vine down my spine with the words "Love God Above All Other Things". I have a sparrow over each kidney a firefly at the top of my butt crack for my husband, a ladybug on a leaf of my vine for my youngest, a bee shaped like a bean for my oldest,a monarch for my foster mother, a Morpho Didus on my left shoulder for my BFF,Two shrooms hith P.L.U.R. above them for my younger days. I Love the way it feels getting my spine done!
    I have an unfinished butterfly on my ribcage. It hurt so bad I will never finish it!
    3 hearts with a Daisy on my hand for my babies.
    1 heart on my hip.
    An ankle bracelet of hearts and Daisies on my left ankle.
    More still to come!
  • chrstisnyder
    Options
    I honestly think that if your wanting a tatt u need to put it somewhere u can see it.I have two one on my back and one on my arm. I love them both but I think its a little sad that I don't get to enjoy looking at the one on my back. I have also heard this from other people as well but didn't believe it until I had done it.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I love tatts, I have one one my inside ankle and lower back. When I get to my goal weight and have a decent body back I will get another as a reward for my hard work.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options

t9ytkl.jpg

This is so rad!