Who in here likes tattoos ?

Options

Replies

• cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i have 4 and counting. they're sooo addicting! however, they all have "meaning". this is *my* opinion, but i don't get the yosemite sams or tweety birds (unless there's some hidden meaning). when i'm old & wrinkly, at least i can say i was honoring my late brother when i got the one on my neck.
  • alicedavison
    Options
    I m all booked in and getting my tattoo tomorrow! im getting a russian nesting doll with my grandmas name. russian dolls mean "family" the most important thing for my late grandma..

for afters im booked in may to get a my little pony tattoo sleeve!
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have a few now...one that is a toe ring..one on my calf & a half sleeve in progress on my right arm :bigsmile:
  • spunkbeer
    Options
    I love tattoos and plan on getting covered in them but have none yet due to banning myself from them until im at my goal body weight and shape. I have a huge phobia of stretching and ruining a tattoo due to weight gain and loss.

As for places to have tattoos
    It depends on the tattoo
    I personally really hate the whole tramp stamps girls get (something on middle lower back or tiny tattoo in hip)
    I think it looks cheap and cliche
  • improvstitute
    Options
    I used to have a heart on my pelvic bone. Had it removed when (now) hubby kept complaining about how much he hated it. I LOVE tatts. If I had my way, I'd put a blue and gold macaw on my side going all the way to my upper thigh!!

Love the macaw idea...you need to do that! Besides, its not his body anyway...
  • improvstitute
    Options
    I love tattoos although I don't have one yet. I think they are incredibly sexy especially if they have personal meaning behind them. Here is the one I am getting very soon. It is an ouroboros which is a symbol of rebirth along the same lines as a phoenix (or fenix). I especially like the image of a serpent eating it's tail. For me is symbolizes getting what I need from within as opposed to something external (i.e. food). Anyhow, check it out...

19_aris-ouroboros.jpg
  • improvstitute
    Options
    take two

I love tattoos although I don't have one yet. I think they are incredibly sexy especially if they have personal meaning behind them. Here is the one I am getting very soon. It is an ouroboros which is a symbol of rebirth along the same lines as a phoenix (or fenix). I especially like the image of a serpent eating it's tail. For me is symbolizes getting what I need from within as opposed to something external (i.e. food). Anyhow, check it out...

19_aris-ouroboros.jpg
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    take two

19_aris-ouroboros.jpg

very cool!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Sorry tried to post a pic ..... did not work.
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    Tattoo.jpg

With a little (lot) of help from a friend I could post this! Thank you, you are awesome!
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    I have a small paw print on my ankle. I used to be a vet tech before I decided to stay at home with the kiddos. While we're on the subject my very rich father in law actualy put a clause in his will that my children CANNOT get a tattoo before he dies and IF they do then they don't get one dime of his money! Is that ridiculous or what?????? Yes, my FIL is very very judgmental and is an arrogant alcoholic ahole. Just thought I'd share. :)

omg is he for real?? talk about control freak! i say the day he dies, your kids get tattoos and you put a picture of them with their new tattoos in his coffin with him. lol
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I DO! I've got 7..left top foot, left ankle, right outside calf,left forearm,right wrist , Hubby's name on my right hip, and just started Jesus on my right shoulder, needs some color now. They are kind of addicting for me, I'm not finished with Jesus, and am already planning my new one! :D
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i have a tattoo on my inner right bicep. It's a scene from the Little Prince. I have said since I got it, that I want to get ripped so that the birds fly!
  • improvstitute
    Options
    Tattoo.jpg

With a little (lot) of help from a friend I could post this! Thank you, you are awesome!

Gorgeous!!!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I currently have three, all on my spine. I have a sunflower on my neck and a pink cat face above it and on lower back I have an elephant. My next one will be a tiger or a monkey
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    Tattoo.jpg

Gorgeous!!!

Thanks! :wink:
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have 4...
    a butterfly on my hip that nobody sees but my fiance ;) (it was my first tattoo and he was with me when i got it.)
    3 zodiac signs on my right ankle (my dads, moms and mine)
    a purple flower on my left big toe
    3 stars on my left wrist

I personally like tattoos as long as they are tasteful. I want a couple more maybe. I've not completely decided.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I have one on my lower back...not a tramp stamp like in the middle of my back, but off to the right side. I got it in this place because it is hidden when wearing most bottoms and shown when wearing a bathing suit! It says family is everything written in italian with a shamrock. (my family is Italian and Irish)...It didn't hurt until she started shading in the shamrock which then basically made me want to cry!
  • kathvg
    kathvg Posts: 68
    Options
    Everyone else is doing it, so here are pics of my tats. The first one was taken back when I first got it in 2006, song lyrics:

IMG_2008.jpg

And this is my newest, in memory of my mother (this is in her handwriting, I found a note she had written me and had them stencil it on) I got this one in July:

Tat1.jpg

Mind you, both pics were taken the day I got the tattoos, so they do not look top notch!

love this!
    one of my tatts (and my fave) is of my mom's writing on my left forearm. it was scanned off a b-day card she'd given to me years ago that i came across. just says "love you, mom"
    feels so great to be able to look at her writing and have her there with me on a daily basis (not that she wouldn't be anyway)

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I have a small paw print on my ankle. I used to be a vet tech before I decided to stay at home with the kiddos. While we're on the subject my very rich father in law actualy put a clause in his will that my children CANNOT get a tattoo before he dies and IF they do then they don't get one dime of his money! Is that ridiculous or what?????? Yes, my FIL is very very judgmental and is an arrogant alcoholic ahole. Just thought I'd share. :)

omg is he for real?? talk about control freak! i say the day he dies, your kids get tattoos and you put a picture of them with their new tattoos in his coffin with him. lol

I know. That's what my MIL said! Unfortunately, my husband is the same way about them. He has already forbidden my kids to ever get one. Whatever.