Who in here likes tattoos ?

Options

Replies

• kekkerz
    Options
    I love tattoos!
    I only have one right now, on the side of my foot, but I have two in mind that I really want to get, and countless other ideas floating through my head for the future =]

Personally, for me, I need to be able to hide them.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Best places are places that are muscular and won't pack on fat easily. My sister has a frog on her lower back just above her butt. And this girl loses and gains weight worse than oprah. That poor frog looks like it has down syndrome.

I got mine on my back.

n1078510005_86540_8494.jpg

The wolf I got when I was 19. Its a representation of my spirit guardian. The paws I got when I was 22 also symbolism of my spirit guardian. When I look at them I'm reminded of my inner strength and they help me feel empowered.

And I have one on my calf.
    31192_1400391444660_1078510005_1136143_5359978_n.jpg
    This one isn't as profound as the ones on my back. It's the center of the Horde crest from world of warcraft. Considering my fanaticism over the game and the good chunk of my life I've spent playing it I thought it deserved a place on the tattoo story board.
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    I so want one! I think it's art and it's beautiful and I want to get a portrait of my beloved (my pet) but my parents hate the idea of me having a tatt so I'll have to wait till I finish college. :grumble:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos...but not on the face. I have 5 of them. I want at least "6" more but I want to wait till I'm at goal weight.

I currently have 1 on my ankle, 1 on my toe, 1 on each shoulder blade and my biggest one (10 inches long) on my stomach.

I eventually want my entire side from armpit to hip done with a traditional "pin up" girl. I want one on each wrist to sybolize my kids, I would like 1/2 sleeves and one across my lower back.
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Best Place: back of your shoulder
    Worst Place: Lower tummy... when you have kids, it stretches out like a balloon. When I was younger, I had a friend that got a small shooting star on her lower ab and now after three kids it looks like the Milky Way on Acid...
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I like sleeves. My husband has tats and they're sexy (to me).

I'm too chicken to do it. But I love piercings.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tattoos!! I only have one so far, on my left shoulder blade. It is a purple hibiscus with small black vines. I plan to get my children's names incorporated at some point in time. I always said I just want ONE and then I'll be done, but now that I have one, I want MORE! They are SO addicting! I would like another one on my other shoulder blade, and I would love one on my hip. I think tattoos can be sexy ANYWHERE. Just depends on what that tattoo is of....
  • savage_grace
    savage_grace Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tattoos!
    I have 8. I plan on getting more I have a few in mind that I want.
    Right ankle is a butterfly with a heart
    Inside left ankle Tipsy
    Left calf is a Stuffed cat
    Inside right wrist is a Black and red star with 2 small purple stars
    Inside left wrist is a Black and purple star with flames around it
    On my right shoulder is a Panda with guns
    In the middle of my back is a Cross and heart with my daughters name Evangelene
    On my left hand is an 'R'
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I have 2, one on each arm. I wanted them somewhere that I could cover up when I need to but could still see them easily. I want another one on top of my foot.
  • angelsouthernbelle
    angelsouthernbelle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a tat. I got mine on my lower back and wouldn't recommend doing it. I had an allergic reaction to the red ink and got a really bad infection in my spine from it.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I have one on my lower back - it's a dragonfly with vines and flowers all around it. It goes from one side of my back to the other and it hurt like......woo! Especially at my sides. lol! But, I love it and would do it again in a minute! (I had it positioned pretty low, so I can wear it with any kind of pants I like and it doesn't show unless I want it to.)
  • btrflyflutter
    btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I too ...like Carol...have a tat on my lower back...A tramp stamp!! Of course I had it before it was deemed a tramp stamp in that spot!!

It's a personally drawn butterfly with long tails that hang down and inside the four wings are music notes, treble and bass clefts and hearts :) I love it ...it's semi big...and I have never regretted it!!

It did however hurt like hell but I took it like a PRO!!! WHOOOT!
  • ktren
    ktren Posts: 6
    Options
    oooooohhhhh big fan of tattoos, its amazing how realistic they can be these days. I have a few, including a largish on on my shoulder blade and one moth on the front of my shoulder. I like the moth because you never realise how they can be beautiful until you take a closer look, kinda felt like that was me in some ways. :smile:
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    I like tattoos. I want to get an arm band of words around my left upper arm when I get toned the way I'd like: "First Samuel 15:29," my namesake. A promise to myself. My left ankle has a band of three yellow roses for my two siblings and I, with the word "Acissi," across the medial maleolus in memory of my grandmother.

I have been considering a backscape for a long while...was thinking tree of life, not sure if I'll do it, we'll see. I like that idea of the spirit guide. Mine is a horse, and I might have the word "gules" underneath, in memory of my favorite horse. We will see.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome ..I'm amazed yet not surprised by the feedback I'm getting from this topic...tattoos are becoming more popular...& yes all this posts make me want to get my new tatt' sooner...lol..but I gotta save for now.I feel tattoos are a way to express yourself..& yes when you have a good experience on your first one..they can be addictive too...hehe...
  • mamijujuphat
    Options
    All this talk about tattoos is making me crave another even worse. Come onnnnn tax refund! Momma needs some brand new ink!
  • mamijujuphat
    Options
    Hahaha...you're hilarious girl..I probably will get me new ink with some of my tax refund...but I gotta pay some bills first
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    If I can be at my goal weight by Mother's Day that will be my Mother's Day gift!
    I have wanted another one for years. I wanted something for my daughter but decided to wait because we wanted another child. Now I have 2 kids and my family is complete. I LOVE sunflowers so it will be a cluster of sunflowers with some vines stretching out and there names somehow imcorporated into the vines.

OHH I am excited.

I have 2 others that I got pretty young. I don't regret them but they are not great by any means.
  • LowCarbAmanda
    Options
    Tattoos.jpg

These are my babies. I drew the stencils myself. I'm definitely getting a celebratory one when I hit my goal weight! :)
  • 305muscle
    305muscle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I got a few don't know how many really got a whole sleeve other arm half sleeve and random ones in legs gonna. Keep gettin that ink. And perfect place to put one its where eve you want can't go wrong with your choice after all its your body