*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Weigh-In #4 1/21/11

Options

Replies

• whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    SW=206, LW=203.4, CW=200.8

Happy with today's weigh-in after being up last week. Breaking that 200 lb. barrier is in sight and I can't wait for the 190's!!!!!

You can do it!! :smile:
  • merryxmas15
    merryxmas15 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    boo no loss for me this week. ugh. but i started a new 30 day challenge which has left me very sore so I think that may be the problem. this is about the time I usually give up and decide its just not working so why keep trying but NOT THIS TIME!!! I'm going to keep going with the hopes that my body will catch up with what I'm doing and start letting the weight go. I'm so glad I joined this group because you all are the motivation I need to not give up!!
  • dkbstill
    Options
    Lost 1 pound 194 to 193 but at least it is the right direction.....on to next week. Purchased a heart monitor watch so I can know how many calories I am burning for real.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    Forgot to weigh in yesterday, so I got on the scale this morning and lost 1.2 lbs: 171.4!!! I was so excited! This week was TOM, and my first week back to work since December 18, and I didn't get to exercise at all. Not to mention, I had a bad dinner last night (pizza!) and still saw a loss! 7.6 lbs for the challenge so far--looking forward to getting back on track with exercise this week and hopefully getting into the 160's for next week's weigh-in.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    For those who are discouraged about either a small loss, no loss, gain or maintain! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! LOL....Like always say a war is not won or loss over one battle. This is something that we ALL can do. If 500lb people on TV shows can lose weight...why can't we?! Exactly, CANT has to no longer be in your vocabulary! Success is measured by how many times you can fall and get back up stronger than the last time...and learning from mistakes. You have 100 people here for support. If you feel like there is something you are not doing right...message one of the participants that is successful and ask what they are doing...this website is designed for support and so is this group!

Everyone have a great weekend and stay strong and focused on your goals today!:heart:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options
    For those who are discouraged about either a small loss, no loss, gain or maintain! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! LOL....Like always say a war is not won or loss over one battle. This is something that we ALL can do. If 500lb people on TV shows can lose weight...why can't we?! Exactly, CANT has to no longer be in your vocabulary! Success is measured by how many times you can fall and get back up stronger than the last time...and learning from mistakes. You have 100 people here for support. If you feel like there is something you are not doing right...message one of the participants that is successful and ask what they are doing...this website is designed for support and so is this group!

Everyone have a great weekend and stay strong and focused on your goals today!:heart:

Thanks Kris!! Right on........:-)
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    woo hoo! lost 2.8lbs this week! finally a good loss! down from 227.8 to 225! woot! :)
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    last week: 198
    this week: 197.5

TOM week and I still lost , so I am proud. I was expecting to gain!
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Options
    Last Week: 179
    This Week: 178

Got into two pairs of jeans that I have not worn for a year. Feels great!!!!!!!!!
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    So i finally bought a digital scale (Biggest Loser model by Taylor) and I love it. It says I am 159.8!! OMG!! I will keep my weigh in for this week at what I weighed in at yesterday on my old outdated scale of 161 and next week's weigh in will be wonderful (I hope!!). :)
  • ucms
    ucms Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    LW: 169
    CW: 168

I think it was more b/c this was after working a night shift and only sleeping 3 hours...

Will check back next week :D
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I put my weight in but it isn't showing up on the spreadsheet. 207.3. I'm I doing something wrong?
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1 pound again this week, down to 201. Again, I know I could have worked out at lot harder than I did, so I'll definitely take it. What is it about the winter that just makes me want to lay under snugglely blankets and eat badly!? lol
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling with this. Somewhere I have lost my umff to get my butt in gear after my two bad weeks......Today....I ate like crap again...... too much stress and not alot of my food in the house is not helping me at all!!!! I need to go Monday!!!
    I thought I had a good handle on all my stresses but I guess I am not doing as well as I thought I did.
    I still am nursing my hubby from his fall last week and now a good friend is having a serious health issue. I am really missing my daughter too after her Christmas Break, she was home for a month. Boo Hoo Boo Hoo!! I will try tomorrow to get going like I was a few weeks ago!!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling with this. Somewhere I have lost my umff to get my butt in gear after my two bad weeks......Today....I ate like crap again...... too much stress and not alot of my food in the house is not helping me at all!!!! I need to go Monday!!!
    I thought I had a good handle on all my stresses but I guess I am not doing as well as I thought I did.
    I still am nursing my hubby from his fall last week and now a good friend is having a serious health issue. I am really missing my daughter too after her Christmas Break, she was home for a month. Boo Hoo Boo Hoo!! I will try tomorrow to get going like I was a few weeks ago!!!

You've shown you can do it! It's hard to get the motivation to stick to it full time, but the longer you stick with it, the more motivation you'll get!! It took me from the end of April until December to lose 20 lbs. I would go for a while, then I let stress pull me down. It's all a learning process.

I'm in the exact situation now as I was when I let myself slip up. I'm stressed out for my test on Tuesday (I'm a first year Med Student) and I've got two boxes of Girl Scout cookies that the emotional eater inside me would LOVE to eat!!

It's easy to come up with excuses to not exercise ("I need to study!!") and eat poorly ("I'm so stressed out!" "I don't have time to get something healthy!!!"). And for the first few months of Med School, I let myself get away with it. But after a particularly hard module, I decided that I couldn't live the rest of my life like that!

So for the next module, I ate right and worked out. I studied harder, with better concentration and I did even better on my test!! Just goes to show you that my excuses had absolutely grounds.

Just do your best. You'll get better at making good choices consistently. Then it'll start to become almost second nature (ALMOST!!). You've lived your entire life eating the way you do and not working out as much as you are right now. You have to give yourself some time to get used to the change!

YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options

Hi Robin,
    Take one day at a time dear. We all have had ups and downs on this journey. Most people will not have a good week every since day. Those who succeed at anything are those who keep getting up when they fall down. They never give up. So as long as you never give up on yourself you will succeed. Life is what it is. It throws challenges and stresses our way everyday and every year. The challenge for us all is how to cope thru these challenges without harming ourselves. You can do it! Just try to be a mindful as you can of your over goals regarding your health and weight and the life style changes you want to implement. This is something that is not done overnight and in 2 weeks or 2 months. That is why it is important to take baby steps and not thinking you need to be perfect to be successful.

Hang in there and remember a baby who is learning how to walk. If that baby never falled down, they would never learn to walk. A baby learning how to walk, keeps getting up each time they fall until they learn how to walk. The same is true for us. We have to fall in order to learn how to walk on this journey to better health or our weight loss journey, whatever you wan to call it. You can do it as long as you never give up like the baby learning how to walk.

I love the following 3 P's: Peservarence, Patience, and Positive

Chin up and sending positive thoughts your way babe......:-) Be patient with yourself and persevere
  • klwa
    klwa Posts: 61
    Options
    After an 8-day vacation, I'm only up 1.6 for the week. 156.3 this morning. I can live with that small gain, but it's back on track this week!!!
  • Shylin
    Shylin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same this week; still 153!
  • lorabethdavidson
    lorabethdavidson Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Glad to be making some progress I am down 245! 2 lbs from last week!