SWaT Walking Group - February Walk

Options

Replies

• AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    6 to 13 inches predicted for my area in WI. Walked outside this afternoon and got 2 miles in. Loved it. Walked out by my nursery beds to check on the plants and the snow is still over a foot deep there. Have to work tomorrow, boo~hiss I will miss church and have to drive an hour to work.

No walk tomorrow I am afraid.

Onward and upward, Alice

• Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still around! I was in Florida last week and did at least 20 miles of walking at DisneyWorld. I made a deal with myself to take the stairs whenever possible and I stuck with it. I'm really proud of myself for that. I also did pretty good with food. Actually lost a pound while I was there.

I've been doing physical therapy for my low back and left hip. It takes all my morning exercise time to do that workout so I'm not getting any Walk Away the Pounds in. All the manipulation and exercising is causing me some pain. I'm getting fed up with the whole thing. I was doing so well and now it's like I'm back at square one.

Thanks for listening. Don't mean to be a downer. You're all doing really well this month. I'm NOT giving up, just taking a medical leave from walking. I still plan on reading the board and celebrating everyone's successes. My goal for next month is going to be low. The weather is getting better so I'm hoping the promise of fresh air and sunshine will improve my attitude and get me to walk 15 miles for the month.

Patti
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Luney, it's good to see you back. Sorry our PT is giving you problems. I hope it all works out for you soon.

Marie, Alice & Jenny, sorry about the snow headed your way. Yesterday was beautiful here, in the 70's. I'd hoped for a motorcycle ride today but it was to cool in the 50's and windy. I tried on my chaps and they are way too big now so I'll have to replace them when I can. It will be a big expense so it won't be anytime soon. At least I can still wear the jacket, it's loose but wearable.

The weekend has just flown by again (as usual) so it's back to work tomorrow :sad: I know I won't get to walk at lunch this week because I'm going to an appointment with my Mom and will have to make up time at lunch. So I'll have to crack down and walk some in the evenings.

Hope you all have a great Monday!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,272 Member
    Options
    We cleaned, tossed, and sorted in our store room for 2.5 hours today. Up and down the stairs, sweeping, lifting, etc. so I gave my joints a rest and did not walk in addition to all that.

Patti-Congrats on losing a pound while at Disney World! Hope your rehab goes well.
    Sandy- How great is that to know you are so much smaller your chaps don't fit and your coat is lose! WTG!

Well the wind is gusting and the snow is falling heavily. We are bunkered down for the night and cozy inside. Tomorrow is President's Day so as school district employees, school is closed and we don't work. I plan to walk with Leslie and do my 3rd workout with Jillian's 30 Day Shred. Not my favorite but I can do a circuit for 20 minutes. Effective anyway...

Have a nice evening!
    Jenny
  • sandara
    Options
    Stay warm Jenny! Brrrr!

I forgot to say that I did my 2 miles on the treadmill today. It took me 35 minutes, I'd jog a bit then walk a bit. I may do it more often and see if I can up the jogging a bit more. lol
  • crisdB
    crisdB Posts: 49
    Options
    Updating: so far 14 miles.....I'm aiming to do the message board more, but I'm usually on MFP via my phone or ipod, and it took me a little while to figure out how to do the ticker again!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Good Evening!!! :happy:

I was watching the news about the heavy snow fall Up North. Oh I feel for you all. Three days here of 48 degree's weather And Im over it!!!!! But it's starting to feel like summer here already and by 1 pm I better have my walk in already. Its about 83 degree's.

Patti-- -Thats awesome you got a lot of walking at Disney World and lost a pound too. Hope your PT goes well. Take Care!!!

Jenny --- Thats awesome your doing the 30 day shred. I bought the dvd 2 months ago & looked at the warm up & said there's No WAY! I can do that. Jumping jacks is No No for me! I feel like my breast are going to explode :laugh:

Sandy---- isn't it aweful how fast these darn weekends go by :noway: . The law should be 3 day weekend & 4 days of work. Or better yet 4 days weekend and 3 days work :bigsmile:

I walked 5.23 miles today. 1 hour 54 minutes . I had my husband pick me up at the Mall, I didn't want to walk back home. :bigsmile: My Legs are still killing me, Every time I get up from sitting Im crippled. When My Husband Picked me up he said I'm slowly killing myself. My Body better get used to it because I got a lot more weight to lose UGH!!!

Happy Walking everyone!!! Have A GREAT WEEK!!!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Teresa, Jumping jacks are a killer. Even my sports bra doesn't help much. I endure for the 30 second intervals but don't like them.

I too feel crippled when I get up from sitting. Even in my sleep I have hip and leg pain from exercising. I can only hope when the weight comes off that the pain will lessen too.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fellow Walkers.

I missed my midweek check in (along with my walks for T, W, Th, and Sat -- YIKES!). I did the 3 Mile Walk Your Belly Flat on Friday and the 4 Mile Super Challenge today, so should be back on track to walk more frequently.

Tracy - how was your visit to Arizona? After I "bragged" about the weather being in the high 60s/low 70s, we had rain in Phoenix on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Too bad for the visitors, but we haven't seen rain forever, so it was nice to get doused. :tongue:

Hope you all have a good week!

exercise.png
  • ldierc
    Options
    hi , i definetly want to join i hope you keep this going since i am joining a little late i will go for 15 miles for this month and for next month 40 miles. lets keep walking:wink::wink:
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Good Morning!!! WELCOME IDIERC !!! :flowerforyou:

Jenny ---- I feel ya! All through the night every time I wake up to go potty Im crippled walking to the bathroom :frown: I'm also hoping once the weight comes off, I'll be all new again (LOL) :laugh: I also wore a sports bra, But That wasn't helpful at all.
    1/2 my boobs need to come off before I tackle jumping jacks again :bigsmile:

I have alot of pain all around my upper thighs, And a neighbor of mine that trains a boot camp and is a runner around the neighborhood, tells me she gets that pain too and its from ageing.. OMG!!!!!!! I hope she's WRONG!!! I told her I thought it was from walking up the bridges and going up and down the hills the City put in for landscaping. She said maybe! ????

Well I better shut up, So I can get a short walk in before work..

Be back later to log In. Have a Great Week!!!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Welcome Idierc!
    Teresa, Well I guess the consolation is that since we both experience the same thing it doesn't mean something is horribly wrong other than overweight bodies trying to be active and get healthy. I'm sure my osteo arthritis plays a part in it too. Well lets keep moving and see what happens when we are at goal weight! Has to get better doesn't it?

I better get moving this morning and get off this website, addicting!
    Have a nice day. Hope it's sunny in the south because we have lots of fresh snow but the storm is over. Snowblower time for my hubbie...:laugh:
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Just 2.5 miles this a.m. Off to shovel snow!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello!!

Im back already, Got my morning walk in before work ( What a relief) 3.99 miles , 1 hr 25 minutes.

This site is addicting, BUT Thank God Its a Good Addiction.

The weather here is 77 degree's, Sunny & breezy. PERFECT!!!! To Bad I got to work :grumble:

Happy Monday !!!!!!!! Hope WE all have a great weight loss this week!
  • sandara
    Options
    Welcome to the group Idierc! Glad to have you with us.

Teresa, I can tell a big difference when I walk around the neighborhood where I work with all the little hills & stuff. It does use a different set of muscles. And my legs are sore today from walking on the treadmill yesterday. Looks like it might be a good thing to rotate out when I can.

Alice, I don't know how you still have energy left to go shovel snow! Your so consistent in your exercising.

I did muster up enough energy to do the 2 mile Big burn but I really, really had to make myself do it today. I've got to get back into a more positive mindframe if I'm going to keep losing.

I hope everyone has a great week!
  • Deborah1954
    Options
    bump
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Just the 2.5 miles today. I did shovel 365 calories away I am quite happy with that. I did not get my second set of miles in. Life is hectic just now!

Keep on walking, lots of S-miles to go this month. Alice
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'd hoped for a motorcycle ride today but it was to cool in the 50's and windy. I tried on my chaps and they are way too big now so I'll have to replace them when I can. It will be a big expense so it won't be anytime soon. At least I can still wear the jacket, it's loose but wearable.

Sandy, I didn't know you're a motorcycle rider too! I ride on the back but I do have my motorcycle license. My hubby and I ride with a group every summer. We're live in Illinois but rode to Tennessee and back last year. We stayed for "Star Days" which is a week long rally for Yamaha Star members. It was blistering hot but lots of fun. I know what you're saying about your bike ear being oversized. LOL My chaps were pretty baggy by the end of last year. What a great feeling!

Have a great week ! Patti
  • sandara
    Options
    Hey Patti, I ride on the back too. I had a bike for a while but never got past the learner's license stage. When the economy went down (and the company I worked for closed) we sold my bike so we wouldn't have the extra expense. I've decided at my age I'm perfectly happy just being a passenger. I get to enjoy the rides more that way. The rally sounds like fun, we used to ride with a group but seems like there was always some drama (bickering) going on so now we just ride with friends.
  • rgreenwood03
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! I know it's late in the month but hoping you'll take on a new member!

I'm 32 years old and starting walking/jogging/running a year ago to improve my health and energy levels. The payoffs are amazing!!! I'm in better shape than I have ever been, even though the scale doesn't quite read the number I would like :)
    I have two boys to chase after, am a full time nursing student, and work in a hospital lab full time. I'm busy!! So keeping up with my walking goals can be challenging because I'm so tired. I'm really looking forward to the weather getting nice so I can get off the treadmill and get outside! Right now I'm averaging 4-5 miles per day. I do about half in the morning before work and half in the evening when the kids go to bed. I need a group like this to keep me motivated!