SWaT Walking Group - February Walk

Options

Replies

• Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!:flowerforyou:

It sounds like everyone is having a wonderful week and meeting their goals!!! I should be able to meet my goal even though I missed last week!!!:grumble:

I forgot to log my walk with you all yesterday. I had a great day yesterday!!! I walked 1 1/2 miles in the morning with my dogs and walked them both again in the early evening!!!! I had a scare with my Lab mix SCUBA on our walk yesterday evening. She has always been very skittish and she is still a baby 1 year old. We were walking and a neighbor had a their dog tied up out front and it was barking non-stop!!! My dog got spooked and RAN...........VERY FAST DRAGGING HER LEASH!!! Needless, to say my arm was in so much pain. I'm happy I don't have an damage to the tendons in my arm. She ran all the way back to my house dragging her leash!! I ran but, could not catch her. I saw my patio furniture in my back yard almost flip into the water!!!! And than she finally stopped because the leash wrapped around my back tire on my car almost choking her!!!! I felt so bad for her. :sad: But, we are both doing great today!!!!! DRAMA IS OVER!!!! :bigsmile:

I also did 3 miles of Leslie Sansone Walk DVD's!! So, I did a total of 6 miles yesterday!!!!

Have a great day!!!
    Sabrina:heart:
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,272 Member
    Options
    Those labs are strong! My lab is 13 years old and can't walk the distance with me anymore. We do very short jaunts. I will have to put the miles in without him and give him a walk to the corner and back. I feel so guilty because he wants to go with me but takes very slow short steps.
  • jerzger
    Options
    I will not be making my miles this month. I have been sick. Still not completely better, but at least sitting up. I'll try again next month. Besides, there are more days in March.
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!:flowerforyou:

It was another crazy and hectic day for me but, I was able to get two walks in today!!!! :bigsmile: I walked for a total of 3 miles total!! YEAH!!!! It was breezy and drizzling rain but it was perfect!!!! The last couple of days here in Fort Lauderdale have been HOT :devil: we even had a record temp of 87 the other day!!!

Jrbanta - I love Labs!!!! They are the best dogs ever. You are very fortunate to have had yours for 13 years!!! One year ago on 01/25/10 I lost my beloved Chocolate Lab Cocoa. :sad: She just yelped out in pain and than died. We believe she had a heart attack!! It was so sad and the energy in the house just wasn't the same so, I rescued a Black Lab Mix from a puppy animal foundation. She is the most precious, beautiful dog ever!!!! She is smaller but, very STRONG!!!!!! I'm not sure if something happened prior to me getting her at 8 weeks old but, she gets scared very easily! Especially by other dogs!!! My other dog is a Beagle his name is Rocco and he has some personality on him!!! He is 7 years old and is overweight. So, needless to say Rocco and I need to walk for weightloss and health and Scuba needs it for her social skills!!!! :laugh:

Well, it's been a long day! Time for a shower and than relax!!!!

Have a wonderful evening!!!!
    Sabrina
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Monday/Just the 2.5 miles today. I did shovel 365 calories away I am quite happy with that. I did not get my second set of miles in.
    Tuesday/3 miles walk away 10
    Wednesday/ 4 miles
    Thursday/ late walk 3.5 miles

Keep on walking, lots of S-miles to go this month. Alice
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Just met my February goal of 45 miles tonight! Yay! I'll probably walk more miles on Saturday so I'll exceed that distance. I feel so good. Lets do this again in March. I love the challenge, talking with all of you, and encouraging one another! This is wonderful!:smile:
    Jenny
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been on much the last couple of days. I felt like crap yesterday. I've been having trouble with my blood pressure dropping too low if you can believe that. It was up right before I got my iron infusion so they increased my bp meds. Not it's going too low. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with my iron levels??? But anyway I stopped taking my bp meds and am monitoring right now. We'll see if it stays down this time.

I would like to keep the group going for March (and more) because I think it's the only thing keeping me exercising right now. I think we've been doing this since late september? That's too long for us to give up now so everyone be thinking about your march goals. And if anyone has any ideas to mix it up a bit, let's hear'em :smile:

And if there's anyone else that would like to join us for March feel free to join in now so you won't miss the March walk thread we'll be posting closer to the end of the month. The more the merrier!
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Monday/Just the 2.5 miles today. I did shovel 365 calories away I am quite happy with that. I did not get my second set of miles in.
    Wednesday/ 4 miles
    Friday/3miles

Oh yes we need a March thread! Could we throw in 20 minutes of weights or resistance at least 2 times a week? Everyone could just keep track of the minutes and work at their own weight and speed.

Keep on walking, Alice
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Hey guys. Im still walking kinda. I only had enough energy to do 1 mile yesterday. This new med is really making me tired and spacey feeling. I was hoping if I got myself moving it would perk me up. On the bright side my husband decided to jump on the treadmill for the first time in years. I think I finally got through to him along with the Dr. Hope he sticks with it.

Sandy - I hope you BP improves quickly for you. I know how that is too. If its not one thing its another huh.

I like Alice's idea of adding weight training to our goal. Its an easy one to slack off on so maybe by saying it to you guys I will commit to it more. Still interested to hear anyother ideas too.

Im in for March too. Like Sandy said this group is the only thing that keeps me going. I don't know what I would do with out you!!

Have a good weekend everyone!:drinker:
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Good morning Group!!!:flowerforyou:

I love the idea of adding weights, I need that badly, And I haven't been able to motivate myself at all, And with logging in here Hopefully that will get my butt motivated. Im Not sure how I'll track it? I don't think there's a ticker for that? Maybe just use my calendar and then post it on the thread :ohwell: .

Sandy... I Hope your BP gets back to normal quickly / LUV YA!!!!
    Thanks Sandy For keeping us going. You really helped me more then you know. So THANK YOU AGAIN !!! :flowerforyou:

I walked 3.85 miles today for 1 hr 21 minutes Beautiful Gorgeous Day, Sunny, Breezy and 80 degree's

ooooops Got go!! Time for work, YAY!!!

Happy Friday everyone!! AND YES!!! THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY SANDY
    Im taking Monday off so I'll have a nice three day weekend YAY, YAY, AND YAY!!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I also like the idea of keeping track of weight/resistance workouts. My goal is twice a week for weights but absolutely not my favorite thing to do and easy not to. This challenge has kept me on track for walking and maybe by reporting # of weight workout or minutes spent lifting weights would be beneficial. I"m in if everyone else is....

Jenny
  • sandara
    Options
    I'm really liking the strength training / weights addition. I think it would be great for me too, I keep saying I'm going to do it and then fizzle out. We could still keep it voluntary of course as everyone may not be up to it. We don't want to lose anyone because they're not ready for weights just yet.

I had to go and play around with the tickers to see if I could make one for minutes. It worked. I guess we could each choose our own method but I think minutes might work for me. Then I can calculate how many minutes I want to replace with the weights as one mile usually equals 15 minutes.

Everybody give it some thought and lets hear what you think over the weekend and share any other ideas you may come up with.

I did get in 2 miles tonight - the WAlk strong with weights. :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Wednesday/ 4 miles
    Friday/3miles
    Saturday 3 Alice miles :<)

Turned on the Sirius/XM 80's warmed up to Small Town, powere walked my way through the hits, recommend We Got The Beat, cooled down to Be Good To Yourself. It's kind of a suprise package as you never know what's next. Really kicked the burn up! I think tracking weight by minutes will be fine. Everybody should work at their own pace and weight level. What ever we injure, we can't use so it makes no sense to over-do.
    I don't know if I can add another ticker, I may take the weight loss ticker off as it rarely moves anyway!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Good AfterNoon !

Okay Sandy I did the same thing, I got a new ticker for minutes. I will try and work 3 days a week 10 minutes each time SO Im trying to total 120 minutes a month. This is definitly going to be a real challenge for me :bigsmile:

Today I walked 5.24 / But I didn't log it on my ticker. Since I just made one for the weights , I'll just wait till March to start logging again.

BY for now! I need to go clean the office

Have a Great Weekend!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I made a ticker for weights too. I'm going to log minutes and my goal is two 30 minute strength training sessions per week. I like to do upper body one session and lower body another if I'm at the gym using the free weights or machines. If I'm home I will do Jillian's circuit training and combine upper and lower together. I will plan to walk 50 miles in March. Today I walked 5 miles with Leslie so exceeded my February goal of 45 by 5 miles. I feel good! Tomorrow I hope to get to the gym to ride a bike for a different form of exercise.

I hope you are all having a nice weekend. I'm reading and relaxing after my walk and some light cleaning. I've been mouse hunting because we have seen evidence of mice in our laundry room, basement store room, and under kitchen sink! Yikes! My big tom cat Tommy must never have taken Mouse Hunting 101. If he catches them he brings them to us alive and lets them go so he can watch them run and hide. Ugh!
  • sandara
    Options
    Well it's a little late but the site wouldn't let me in a little while ago. I did all my grocery shopping today but I did walk one mile outside, up and down my road. It's just a little over a half mile long with 4 good size hills but I made it in 20 minutes. I figured a little was better than nothing today! :smile:

See ya tomorrow!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I'm thinking I may take today off and not ride the bike at the gym. I'm a little out of sorts and I'm sure movement would do me some good but I was achy all night. I may talk the dog out in the snow later and see if he can walk around the neighborhood (about 1 mile) in the snow. He's old and arthritic so it would do him some good too. Warmer today... Happy walking to those who do it today. I did get my five days of exercise in this past week so I'm happy about that.
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    You guys are all doing so well meeting your goals this month. Great Job!!:drinker:

Looks like Im going to fall short this time. Its been kind of a rough couple weeks with exercise for me. Looking forward to a fresh start for March and hopefully start seeing some signs of Spring. That always perks me up.

Im thinking of my new goals. I will redo tickers on Tuesday. Im going to try and get alittle closer to my goal for this month in the next couple days.

I was scrolling back at old posts just now. Looks like we all need to team up and help Viggie get motivated again. Give her a few encouraging words. She was doing so well. Now I need to see if anyone else fizzled out.

*******VIGGIE!!!! If your peaking in! We miss you! :cry: ********
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, February Walkers.

Congrats to all those who made their goal. Alice, I like the idea of adding 20 minutes of weights 2x per week. Other than the times I do the Sansone tapes with the weighted balls, I have not been doing weights (and this after buying kettle bells and tapes). Thanks for suggesting it.

Hope to see everyone in the March thread. :flowerforyou:

exercise.png
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Wednesday/ 4 miles
    Friday/3miles
    Saturday 3 Alice miles :<)
    Sunday/ No Walk
    Monday/3.5 miles

Fast Month!