Death to the Scale Challenge

Options
12346»

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Its March 1st!!! Weigh in people and lets us know how you did this month without the scale!!

SW: 227
    CW: 218.6

Lost 8.4 lbs
    Lost 4.5 inches in my waist

This was a lonnnng month but it was also exciting. I hope everyone had a good experience with this challenge. Whether you completed the entire month, a week or just a few days just remember this was about gaining control over a tool and not allowing it to rule your emotions. So just by going a day longer without weighing yourself was an accomplishment. So bravo to you all!

This month challenge will be a water in-take challenge. Some of us have problems in that area so thats an area I want to focus on.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Congrats Desirai! You did it!

I am still avoiding the scale. After the pitfall I had I think that it is best for my mindset to continue tuning into my body and acknowledging the NSC victories, for now.

Karen
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Congrats Desirai! You did it!

I am still avoiding the scale. After the pitfall I had I think that it is best for my mindset to continue tuning into my body and acknowledging the NSC victories, for now.

Karen

Thats very insightful of you Karen. I will continue to support you in your efforts.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Last day -- hooray! I did cheat though so I don't deserve any praise. I'd have to lock up my scale to not even be tempted to go on it.

I went from 145.8 January 31st to 141.6 on March 1st, so a pound a week, which I'm very happy with. When I get closer to my goal, then I'll do better at avoiding the scale and just using a tape measure!
  • kpovich
    kpovich Posts: 27
    Options
    I lost 3.4 pounds... I was actually surprised.

I took this challenge because I was STUCK in the same place I always get to in weight loss. I could never get over that hump. So, although I'm disappointed that after four weeks, I only lost 3.4 pounds, I'm happy because I am now closer to my goal than I've ever been.

I learned that not weighing everyday or week didn't motivate me much. I felt the loss in my clothes, but lately my mind has been telling me that I'm feeling heavier... not lighter. Darn mind games!!!! I probably won't weigh myself everyday like I was before, but I will not go a month again. I'm pround that I got through it, but I need to see results to push me harder or to encourage me that I'm on the right path.

SIX pounds to go!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    You both did well. I don't consider weighing a cheat unless you did it every single day.....I doubt you did that :smile: did you :noway: LOL

I don't know if I could do a whole month again either. Maybe two weeks...4? Naaaaaaaah lol

Thanks for joining in on the journey!!
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    I lost 5lbs and have been losing a bit every day now.
    Very excited about it.
    I am going to stay away from my scale and only weigh in every other week.

Congrats to you all on your loss!
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    Its March 1st!!! Weigh in people and lets us know how you did this month without the scale!!

SW: 227
    CW: 218.6

Lost 8.4 lbs
    Lost 4.5 inches in my waist

This was a lonnnng month but it was also exciting. I hope everyone had a good experience with this challenge. Whether you completed the entire month, a week or just a few days just remember this was about gaining control over a tool and not allowing it to rule your emotions. So just by going a day longer without weighing yourself was an accomplishment. So bravo to you all!

This month challenge will be a water in-take challenge. Some of us have problems in that area so thats an area I want to focus on.

How do you determine how much water you should drink?
  • daphne_gets_fit
    daphne_gets_fit Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I hate I missed this challenge last month, I was wondering if we could do it again starting April 1st? My new plan is to only weigh in once a month I haven't been on my scale in about 3 weeks, I had a 'traumatizing' experience on the scale, it showed a 3lb gain in a week after working out 5 days and twice on 3 of those days, after that I said I was only gonna weigh once a month, so on April 1st will be a month for me.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I hate I missed this challenge last month, I was wondering if we could do it again starting April 1st? My new plan is to only weigh in once a month I haven't been on my scale in about 3 weeks, I had a 'traumatizing' experience on the scale, it showed a 3lb gain in a week after working out 5 days and twice on 3 of those days, after that I said I was only gonna weigh once a month, so on April 1st will be a month for me.

You are doing so good on your own. That is a huge accomplishment being accountable for yourself. If I remember I will start the thread on April 1st. If not you can. I'm no longer a slave to the scale. I am doing well just by monitoring my own body changes. I'm getting muscles :smile:

FYI:
    The best way to track weight loss is through body fat and not the scale. The scale doesn't know the difference between a real pound gained and water retention. It doesn't know the difference between fat loss and muscle loss. I try to get people to use the measuring tape and track their fat loss using a omoron fat loss monitor (amazon). Fat loss is what you want to achieve and this is the best way to do it without all the ups and downs of the scale.