Pregnancy 2011-February

Options

Replies

• AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Amanda ~ That's a HORRID morning. I hope the rest of the day is smooth sailing. Poor thing. Yes, I would've called it a day at the liquor smashing.

Yesterday my morning sickness hit an all time high. Was mid-diaper change with my 9 month old - started getting the sweats and the watery mouth... Placed him in his playpen - no diaper, sleeper still open - and ran to the toilet to heave. Disgusting. Food is not my friend - there are only certain things I want to eat and for the most part they aren't the healthiest of choices right now. I'm just trying to get through the first trimester. Luckily I'm still on Mat. Leave (I live in Canada - 1 year leave) and I don't have work to contend with on top of it all.

Feeling a bit better today. My toast and peanutbutter and raisins went down well. Going to attempt my "Buff Moms to Be" workout now while my son is taking his morning nap. The sun is shining so we'll do a 20 minute walk to and from his Mother Goose class at the local rec center.

Have a great day everyone...especially you Amanda. :smile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yikes. I must've gone through my weekly "popping" ritual a day late & without the usual soreness this week. I'm wearing pre-pregnancy pants (that were a size or 2 big on me last October) and they're so uncomfortable in the waist -- all the way unzipped with a belly band on. :laugh: :embarassed:

I'm feeling ridiculously huge already.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    We got our travel system last night. My 2nd choice was in stock at Burlington Coat Factory & I had a 15% off coupon. I was so happy to have the decision made. When I got home, I found a 20% off coupon to Babies R Us which, if they had my 1st choice in stock, would make it only $15 more than the one I got last night. <insert *doh* smiley here> I don't even care. Purchase made, decision made. The only thing that would change my mind is if this baby turns out to be a boy when I have my next ultrasound in 3 weeks. :laugh: Then I'll go get my 3rd, more gender neutral, choice.

After reading your info on travel systems, my husband and I went to Babys R Us to play with them. We hardly ever go anywhere but work and to the park, so we agree that the jogging travel system is probably best for us as well. I have a Grand Prix with a huge trunk, so I don't think the bulkiness will be an issue. I've gotta say, though- we broke down the jogging stroller and a traditional gracco stroller to compare them. Not much of a difference as far as bulkiness is concerned. I think that the Baby Trend jogging strollers are more our style as far as how they look. Plus it'll be a little more manly for my hubby. I personally don't like all of the loud patterns on the gracco strollers. I actually don't like all of the girly stuff period. I'm registering for more gender neutral accessories for the little one since we are planning on having a second in the next few years. Don't get me wrong, my little girl will be all cute and in bright colors and bows, but I don't feel like hauling around themed strollers and diaper bags.

I noticed that the Baby Trend system was the same price at Babys R Us as it is at Target, so it might be better to get it with a coupon. Where did you see that 20% off coupon? I'm thinking maybe I can register for it to get that $10 gift certificate and then use the coupon too.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I want to get my husband an "I love my daddy" onesie for Valentine's day from baby girl. Has anyone seen any cheap ones at any dept stores like Belk, JC Penney, Kohls, etc? It's a bit late for me to order online and I was thinking about going shopping tomorrow.

Target/Kohl's has really cute cheaper one's!
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Amanda, I am so sorry about your morning. :( It makes me sad reading about it. I would have cried too. I hope your day gets better.

911girl- I am sorry you had a rough morning. Morning sickness is definitely not fun. I surprisingly lost all my breakfast today. I haven't thrown up for a while... hmmm... I guess sometimes it sneaks back up on ya. :)
    So I did my weekly weigh in today. Tommorow I am 15 weeks. Don't know why I got into the habit of weighing in on thursday. 151.4... down . lbs fom last week. I thought for sure it was going to be up! I have my dr. at monday so they will take it and we will see. I usually have my shoes on and everything at the dr. I always weigh so much more than at home!

I weighed in today too. I was 149. My pre-pregnancy weight is 152. I lost the 3 lbs. in December and I still haven't gained anything back, so we shall see. I know my baby is growing, so I think that I am just losing weight elsewhere, my legs seem a bit more slender. Which is ok with me. My husband works in the medical field, he said pregnancy is a great time to slim down in other places because of the HCG hormone.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I need to vent a bit. So this morning I woke up at 4:30 with every smoke alarm in my house going off. I had no idea what was going on, there was no smoke and nothing smelled weird. It wasn't the CO2 one, and finally they stopped after about 5 minutes. Then I am just getting calmed down from dealing with that, and there is a huge crash in the kitchen. One of our shelves in our pantry decided to fall (the one with the liquour bottles) so there is glass and liqour all over our kitchen. I got that as cleaned up as I could, and decided to leave the rest for hubby. I head into work, and am starving because I forgot breakfast. I run through the McDonalds drive through, and they give me the wrong order. I parked in the parking lot, go to get out of my car to go get my "right" order, and the parking lot was pure ice. I put one foot on the ground, and fell out of my SUV. I landed on my back, but hit my head on the running board of the SUV. This was all before 6:30 am. So I am at work and have a bunch of meetings I am running this morning. I am going to go to those and see how I feel. I am not sure that calling the dr is even worth it, since I landed on my back. I am going to see if I feel movement during the meetings, and then will decide....but man....what a yucky morning.

OH...and yes....I did get my right food, but as soon as I made it back to the car, I started crying. I figured after a morning like this...it is allowed:sad:

Ugh- I hope the rest of your day goes much better. Hope you aren't in any pain from falling either. :heart:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    We got our travel system last night. My 2nd choice was in stock at Burlington Coat Factory & I had a 15% off coupon. I was so happy to have the decision made. When I got home, I found a 20% off coupon to Babies R Us which, if they had my 1st choice in stock, would make it only $15 more than the one I got last night. <insert *doh* smiley here> I don't even care. Purchase made, decision made. The only thing that would change my mind is if this baby turns out to be a boy when I have my next ultrasound in 3 weeks. :laugh: Then I'll go get my 3rd, more gender neutral, choice.

After reading your info on travel systems, my husband and I went to Babys R Us to play with them. We hardly ever go anywhere but work and to the park, so we agree that the jogging travel system is probably best for us as well. I have a Grand Prix with a huge trunk, so I don't think the bulkiness will be an issue. I've gotta say, though- we broke down the jogging stroller and a traditional gracco stroller to compare them. Not much of a difference as far as bulkiness is concerned. I think that the Baby Trend jogging strollers are more our style as far as how they look. Plus it'll be a little more manly for my hubby. I personally don't like all of the loud patterns on the gracco strollers. I actually don't like all of the girly stuff period. I'm registering for more gender neutral accessories for the little one since we are planning on having a second in the next few years. Don't get me wrong, my little girl will be all cute and in bright colors and bows, but I don't feel like hauling around themed strollers and diaper bags.

I noticed that the Baby Trend system was the same price at Babys R Us as it is at Target, so it might be better to get it with a coupon. Where did you see that 20% off coupon? I'm thinking maybe I can register for it to get that $10 gift certificate and then use the coupon too.

Yes, register! We did to get the $10 gift certificate & in the little bag o' goodies they give you were 2 20% off coupons. :wink:

I ended up with an older model Baby Trend Expedition (not the ELX they have at Babies R Us). http://www.babytrend.com/travel_systems_jogger/TJ94128.html
    It's a little more girly but considering the price savings I THOUGHT I was getting last night ($60) I was fine with it. The only real differences are that it doesn't have speakers & mp3 player plug-in and it doesn't have the 1 hand fold feature (to be honest, I liked the 2 hand folding of the older model better). I'm not worried about the speakers because most reviews say they're puny anyway. The specs also say it also weighs a pound less and is just a tiny bit smaller than the ELX. We also like the shape of the stroller we got a little better (there isn't much difference).

I'm just going to stick with it (unless little girl turns out to be little boy at my 20 week u/s)
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Yes, register! We did to get the $10 gift certificate & in the little bag o' goodies they give you were 2 20% off coupons. :wink:

Thanks! Some co-workers offered to give my husband some stuff they just want to get rid of, so I'm hoping one of them has something that we can take to their big trade-in event for a 25% off coupon, but if not, the 20% off will do just fine!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Ok so the lack of weight gain at my last appointment was a fluke, it was a hot day here so I was not wearing jeans, I was wearing a dress. Today I had the same outfit on I wore 4 weeks ago and was up 4 lbs. I thought the dr was going to say something but he says I am doing perfectly fine. I have hit the 25lbs mark so lets hope it doesnt go much past 30, she has to stay put atleast 5 more weeks. Her head is in position and low and she is kicking me in the ribs constantly. She has been really active, especially at night, I think she does zumba!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    :laugh: :noway: :laugh:

I took another "bump" picture and didn't think there was much difference. I've been kind of in disbelief that my pre-pregnancy clothes aren't fitting AT ALL anymore when I haven't noticed that huge of a change.

I decided to do a side-by-side comparison of the last picture I took of my size (which I was using for weight loss comparison purposes) before I got pregnant. Yeah... :noway: There's a reason I've been feeling huge today -- I am! :laugh: I think my bump is a little out of hand for this being my first pregnancy. I was 'sucking it in' with all my might when I took that picture, too. :indifferent:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

I took another "bump" picture and didn't think there was much difference. I've been kind of in disbelief that my pre-pregnancy clothes aren't fitting AT ALL anymore when I haven't noticed that huge of a change.

I decided to do a side-by-side comparison of the last picture I took of my size (which I was using for weight loss comparison purposes) before I got pregnant. Yeah... :noway: There's a reason I've been feeling huge today -- I am! :laugh: I think my bump is a little out of hand for this being my first pregnancy. I was 'sucking it in' with all my might when I took that picture, too. :indifferent:

I think your bump is cute! I'm finally getting the courage to take a bump pic, so I'll have to post mine later tonight after I do.....
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

I think its cute too... I barely have one at all!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Ok so the lack of weight gain at my last appointment was a fluke, it was a hot day here so I was not wearing jeans, I was wearing a dress. Today I had the same outfit on I wore 4 weeks ago and was up 4 lbs. I thought the dr was going to say something but he says I am doing perfectly fine. I have hit the 25lbs mark so lets hope it doesnt go much past 30, she has to stay put atleast 5 more weeks. Her head is in position and low and she is kicking me in the ribs constantly. She has been really active, especially at night, I think she does zumba!

Oh my! 25lbs isn't too bad. You don't have that much longer!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    So funny -- not 10 minutes after I posted about my "bump" being out of control my supervisor walks by, does a double take, & then grins, rubs her belly & says "Julie! I see a little baby in there!" :laugh: It really isn't just in my head!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Little Spy - your bump picture is so cute!

Just an update -After my fall, I went to work, and ran my 3 hour meeting. I started cramping during the meeting, and afterword when I went to the bathroom I was spotting a little. I called the Dr. and they told me to go right to L&D. I got there around 1, and they put me on monitors until 4. I was having contractions, but not bad ones, and they weren't regular. They also check for fluid and made sure my cervix was still ok. A bit scary, but everything was OK. I am home now and resting! Thanks for all your thoughts today:bigsmile:
  • LynnW52
    Options
    So funny -- not 10 minutes after I posted about my "bump" being out of control my supervisor walks by, does a double take, & then grins, rubs her belly & says "Julie! I see a little baby in there!" :laugh: It really isn't just in my head!

Yea I've been getting a lot more comments lately. Yesterday someone said "Aw...look at your belly, it's bigger everytime I see you!" Uh...thanks? lol I see her every 2 or 3 days so....
  • LynnW52
    Options
    Little Spy - your bump picture is so cute!

Just an update -After my fall, I went to work, and ran my 3 hour meeting. I started cramping during the meeting, and afterword when I went to the bathroom I was spotting a little. I called the Dr. and they told me to go right to L&D. I got there around 1, and they put me on monitors until 4. I was having contractions, but not bad ones, and they weren't regular. They also check for fluid and made sure my cervix was still ok. A bit scary, but everything was OK. I am home now and resting! Thanks for all your thoughts today:bigsmile:

Thanks for the update, I'm so glad that you and baby are doing well! Get lots of rest !!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

right now if you go into babies r us they have a 20 percent off coupons that they are handing out that starts on FEb. 18th or you can go to their website click on promotions and they have one for 15 % right now.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I was up 5 lbs for my 2 week check up today. The nurse attempted to make me feel better by telling me one lady gained 8 in a week. Nope didn't make me feel better.

My doctor has never said anything about my weight. She does talk about eating lower carbs to ward of diabetes but that is it. I was hoping not to go past 30 this time too. But once I hit the 30 mark the next 10 just came on in the last 4 weeks. UGH.

I found out today I will have my section on March 29th, 6 weeks and 4 days, if he doesn't come earlier. Was kind of surprised when I found out. Don't know why it's not like I didn' t know he was coming or something:laugh:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Amanda- that is super scary, I am glad that everything checked out but you should seriously take tomorrow off and rest through the weekend. I wouldn't want to take any chances after something like that, take it easy and pay close attention to your body. I hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:

Littlespy-your baby bump depends on each person I think, I always show early and get pretty big. I have known people who barely look 4 - 5 months preggo when they are full term. I think it all depends on your body, my mom got huge with me too!

Lynn- I always HATED when my coworkers would say gee you got really big the last few days! I already feel like a house and now it is gonna be pointed out? Seriously people are not sensitive to the situation.... I have been on bedrest for a while now so I wonder what some of them will say next week when they see me for my shower?

Katrina- I gained 43 with my last and that weight fell right off in no time, I am just freaking out about how much I have to lose in addition to the baby weight. We should get our "loose 100 lbs post baby" group together. We will be weight loss buddies! You will get your c-section on 3/29 and I have just had this crazy feeling that I am going to give birth on April Fools Day! Somehow I just think I am jinxing myself but that is a little late for me. I usually go by the time I hit 38 weeks.

We went for an after school snack today, I stayed away from the McDonalds ice cream and went to one of those yogurt bars. I LOVE those places, nothing tasts better than frozen yogurt with probiotics and all of the toppings you desire. I have been a freak about strawberries the last few weeks. Umm definately had some of those and oh boy, they had crushed girl scout thin mint cookies... mommy is happy!:tongue: