Pregnancy 2011-February

Options

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Sheri and Katrina- you guys are so close! I am so excited for you two to meet your LO's.

So I went out to eat for the first time post throwing up time period today... mexican.... my stomach feels SO wierd... like very full but also really hard... I don't know I just can't explain how it feels. I like have to lay back. Its wierd.

Tommorows FRIDAY ladies!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Luckily I'm still on Mat. Leave (I live in Canada - 1 year leave) and I don't have work to contend with on top of it all.

So how does that work? Will you go back in 3 months for 3 or 4 months then take leave again or just quit your job now? They would have to take you back just for those short weeks then give you a year leave again? Would you still get any paid leave then or do you have to be working for a period before you can claim that?
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    :laugh: :noway: :laugh:

I took another "bump" picture and didn't think there was much difference. I've been kind of in disbelief that my pre-pregnancy clothes aren't fitting AT ALL anymore when I haven't noticed that huge of a change.

I decided to do a side-by-side comparison of the last picture I took of my size (which I was using for weight loss comparison purposes) before I got pregnant. Yeah... :noway: There's a reason I've been feeling huge today -- I am! :laugh: I think my bump is a little out of hand for this being my first pregnancy. I was 'sucking it in' with all my might when I took that picture, too. :indifferent:

How tall are you? Short torsos allow room only for going out. :) I succummed to fat clothes today - mostly becaues in the move I'm not sure where my normal clothes ended up :laugh: but I'm about due to wear these anyway - I made it to 6 1/2 mos so I am happy :happy:. I have a long torso though to just be showing now.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

I took another "bump" picture and didn't think there was much difference. I've been kind of in disbelief that my pre-pregnancy clothes aren't fitting AT ALL anymore when I haven't noticed that huge of a change.

I decided to do a side-by-side comparison of the last picture I took of my size (which I was using for weight loss comparison purposes) before I got pregnant. Yeah... :noway: There's a reason I've been feeling huge today -- I am! :laugh: I think my bump is a little out of hand for this being my first pregnancy. I was 'sucking it in' with all my might when I took that picture, too. :indifferent:

How tall are you? Short torsos allow room only for going out. :) I succummed to fat clothes today - mostly becaues in the move I'm not sure where my normal clothes ended up :laugh: but I'm about due to wear these anyway - I made it to 6 1/2 mos so I am happy :happy:. I have a long torso though to just be showing now.

Yeah, I'm a shorty short at 5'4". My mom is 5'2" (so she claims!) and warned me a few months ago that she showed super early. She was due in mid April with my brother (her 1st) and she said she went to visit her grandmother at the beginning of December & she ended up crying because her grandmother wouldn't stop commenting on how "huge" she was. :laugh: My mom weighed 107 pounds when she got pregnant and said she weighed 109 a week after she popped out my brother. Good thing her grandmother never met me! :laugh:
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Luckily I'm still on Mat. Leave (I live in Canada - 1 year leave) and I don't have work to contend with on top of it all.

So how does that work? Will you go back in 3 months for 3 or 4 months then take leave again or just quit your job now? They would have to take you back just for those short weeks then give you a year leave again? Would you still get any paid leave then or do you have to be working for a period before you can claim that?

I will go back beginning of May. I work 12 hour days (paid for 11) so the hours add up fast. We need 600 hours between Maternity Leave claims. So I'll work May 3rd - August 18th (to make 618 hours). I gave my Human Resources Manager at my work the heads up about my pregnancy. She was happy for me. I needed to find out if my holiday time and sick leave I have in the bank would count as hours worked if I'm off on any such leave during that period. They count as hours worked so it's all good. So fours months more work and I'll have another year off. Not bad! After that time I'll see about about maybe going back job share.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Amanda- that is super scary, I am glad that everything checked out but you should seriously take tomorrow off and rest through the weekend. I wouldn't want to take any chances after something like that, take it easy and pay close attention to your body. I hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:

Littlespy-your baby bump depends on each person I think, I always show early and get pretty big. I have known people who barely look 4 - 5 months preggo when they are full term. I think it all depends on your body, my mom got huge with me too!

Lynn- I always HATED when my coworkers would say gee you got really big the last few days! I already feel like a house and now it is gonna be pointed out? Seriously people are not sensitive to the situation.... I have been on bedrest for a while now so I wonder what some of them will say next week when they see me for my shower?

Katrina- I gained 43 with my last and that weight fell right off in no time, I am just freaking out about how much I have to lose in addition to the baby weight. We should get our "loose 100 lbs post baby" group together. We will be weight loss buddies! You will get your c-section on 3/29 and I have just had this crazy feeling that I am going to give birth on April Fools Day! Somehow I just think I am jinxing myself but that is a little late for me. I usually go by the time I hit 38 weeks.

We went for an after school snack today, I stayed away from the McDonalds ice cream and went to one of those yogurt bars. I LOVE those places, nothing tasts better than frozen yogurt with probiotics and all of the toppings you desire. I have been a freak about strawberries the last few weeks. Umm definately had some of those and oh boy, they had crushed girl scout thin mint cookies... mommy is happy!:tongue:

My original due date is April 4th, so I'm glad not waiting till April Fool's day. I think this one will come early though than the scheduled section. maybe not. My first didn't come until 6 days before I was due.

I will be at teh 100 mark to lose for sure. :noway: But I know we can do it. We'll have to set up a challenge to keep us at it.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Sheri and Katrina- you guys are so close! I am so excited for you two to meet your LO's.

So I went out to eat for the first time post throwing up time period today... mexican.... my stomach feels SO wierd... like very full but also really hard... I don't know I just can't explain how it feels. I like have to lay back. Its wierd.

Tommorows FRIDAY ladies!

I think Mwilson and Debnu are right there with us too.

Gas or no room for tummy to be full with baby.
  • AnneElise
    Options

Tommorows FRIDAY ladies!

I think Mwilson and Debnu are right there with us too.

Gas or no room for tummy to be full with baby.

Yea :I I don't know what it was but I just ended up throwing up later at night... guess I wasn't quite reading for Mexican. Maybe gas.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    So I have been coaching the last 10 months! High school soccer then High school basketbal...... makes for LONG days and weeks. TODAY is the last regular season game for basketball... which means no more JV for sure and also varsity should only go to regions so probably only 2 more weeks with them. I feel like celebrating!!! The only thing that has gotten me through is that all the money I am making from coaching I am putting into a side bank account to use while I am on ML because I don't get paid leave unless I use my sick days and I don't want to do that. whew. sigh of relief.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    My hubby felt the baby kick for the first time last night. I must have a very active baby to be 19 weeks and have him already feel the twitching from the outside. He had to be very patient and just lay his hand on my belly while we watched How I Met Your Mother (love that show). All of the suddon he just looks at me with shock and awe on his face. She kept going for quite awhile too, kicking his thumb repeatedly. I love firsts like those.

I ended up getting a cute little summery onesie that says "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" for him for Valentine's Day. He's going to love it.

I'm really excited about getting our travel system today. Our neighbors ended up having a carseat laying on their porch that they were about to throw away, so we are going to do the Babies R Us trade-in for 25% off. I also registered there yesterday and used a coupon to get a $10 gift card. That takes it from $220 to $155. I called my parents and proposed that it should be their gift to the baby and they agreed. A carseat is what we need the most right now, so they were happy to be buying something useful (and on such a great deal). Can't wait to get home and put it all together!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!:flowerforyou:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Amanda – I’m so glad you and your baby are ok.

Little Spy – I love your bump picture.

911Girl – I wish I had maternity leave like that here. My office will hold my job for up to a year, but they will only pay me whatever sick, vacation or personal time I have accrued. Thankfully I’ve been really stingy with my time, so I’ll be able to stay home 3 months and only miss one paycheck.

I’m mad, not pregnancy related at all. I put together a photo album on shutterfly.com for a Valentine’s Day present for my husband. I spent weeks scanning in old photos us making sure almost every milestone in our relationship was represented in the book. Apparently it was delivered to my house yesterday, but it is nowhere to be found. Called UPS they said I had to call the local post office, the post office said the carrier delivered it to my house. I checked all around the outside of my house, with my neighbors, everywhere – it’s gone. I get stuff delivered all the time and I’ve never had an issue with it. I hope whoever stole it is really happy with a book filled with pictures and sappy quotes of the two of us! :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :sad:
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    My hubby felt the baby kick for the first time last night. I must have a very active baby to be 19 weeks and have him already feel the twitching from the outside. He had to be very patient and just lay his hand on my belly while we watched How I Met Your Mother (love that show). All of the suddon he just looks at me with shock and awe on his face. She kept going for quite awhile too, kicking his thumb repeatedly. I love firsts like those.

I ended up getting a cute little summery onesie that says "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" for him for Valentine's Day. He's going to love it.

I'm really excited about getting our travel system today. Our neighbors ended up having a carseat laying on their porch that they were about to throw away, so we are going to do the Babies R Us trade-in for 25% off. I also registered there yesterday and used a coupon to get a $10 gift card. That takes it from $220 to $155. I called my parents and proposed that it should be their gift to the baby and they agreed. A carseat is what we need the most right now, so they were happy to be buying something useful (and on such a great deal). Can't wait to get home and put it all together!

Oh man, that is awesome! I can't wait until we get to that point! So excited. Congrats on it! Also, the fact that you were watching How I Met Your Mother is even better, I love that show!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    For anyone who is considering cloth diapering, Cottonbabies.com is having a sale that I think is PRETTY FREAKING AWESOME! :laugh: The Econobum line is Buy 1 get one FREE making it $9.95 for 2 diaper covers (that are adjustable size -- supposedly work for most babies "from birth to potty training") and 2 prefold inserts. Free shipping to the continental US, too! These are the kind of diapers that you can use the covers a couple of times if they're not soiled so you can expect to use about prefolds with each cover most of the time (just changing the prefold diaper inserts & reuse the cover a couple of times). A pack of 12 Geber prefolds is like $10 so with the deal you can get like 10 covers that come with 10 inserts for $50 & then you can go buy a couple packs of Gerber prefolds for $20 and you have a stash of essentially 30 diapers to last you from birth to potty for $70! :noway: (My realistic guess, though, is that they won't work so well for most newborns. I'm planning to use disposables for the first couple weeks).

I've heard lots of good things about the Econobum line. I also bought a few small Bumgenius all-in-ones this week since they're being discontinued & are on sale for $9.95 each. I'm so excited now. My cloth diaper stash is coming along really nicely. I'll now have 6 small Bumgenius AIOS, 11 Econobum covers, and 13 prefolds (for now -- will buy some packs of different kinds to see which ones work best for us). I'm also planning to use my 20% off Babies R Us coupon & $10 gift card on gdiapers because I want to try those, too. I had no idea I would be able to stash up this much for less than $150 (when all is said & done & purchased). That's like the cost of 4 months worth of disposable diapers! :bigsmile:
  • AnneElise
    Options

thats very sweet. Where did you get the onsie from in the end?
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Amanda – I’m so glad you and your baby are ok.

Little Spy – I love your bump picture.

911Girl – I wish I had maternity leave like that here. My office will hold my job for up to a year, but they will only pay me whatever sick, vacation or personal time I have accrued. Thankfully I’ve been really stingy with my time, so I’ll be able to stay home 3 months and only miss one paycheck.

I’m mad, not pregnancy related at all. I put together a photo album on shutterfly.com for a Valentine’s Day present for my husband. I spent weeks scanning in old photos us making sure almost every milestone in our relationship was represented in the book. Apparently it was delivered to my house yesterday, but it is nowhere to be found. Called UPS they said I had to call the local post office, the post office said the carrier delivered it to my house. I checked all around the outside of my house, with my neighbors, everywhere – it’s gone. I get stuff delivered all the time and I’ve never had an issue with it. I hope whoever stole it is really happy with a book filled with pictures and sappy quotes of the two of us! :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :sad:

I never got a shutterfly book one time (you still have it on your account right? they keep them for awhile). I called in and they sent me another free.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

I will go back beginning of May. I work 12 hour days (paid for 11) so the hours add up fast. We need 600 hours between Maternity Leave claims. So I'll work May 3rd - August 18th (to make 618 hours). I gave my Human Resources Manager at my work the heads up about my pregnancy. She was happy for me. I needed to find out if my holiday time and sick leave I have in the bank would count as hours worked if I'm off on any such leave during that period. They count as hours worked so it's all good. So fours months more work and I'll have another year off. Not bad! After that time I'll see about about maybe going back job share.

Interesting. I took 2 weeks off with my first and am hoping maybe to get 3 with this one. All unpaid, and I've been at my same full time job 6 yrs by then. My 3 sick days a year also expire annually if I don't use them :grumble:
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

That is about the time I finally switched over to bigger clothing. Although I consider that I had made it to my 5th month.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    So I have been coaching the last 10 months! High school soccer then High school basketbal...... makes for LONG days and weeks. TODAY is the last regular season game for basketball... which means no more JV for sure and also varsity should only go to regions so probably only 2 more weeks with them. I feel like celebrating!!! The only thing that has gotten me through is that all the money I am making from coaching I am putting into a side bank account to use while I am on ML because I don't get paid leave unless I use my sick days and I don't want to do that. whew. sigh of relief.

Yay! Now you can take a breather!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Just found out one of my best friends is preggo!!! She is two months behind me, so just freshly pregnant but so excited we will be on maternity leave together and our children can play together, etc!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    thats very sweet. Where did you get the onsie from in the end?

I ended up getting it from Babies R Us. Thanks for the recommendation!